• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II (JP/CN/KR) |OT| The Empire's New Groove

A bit more than 4.1k, IIRC. It was Sept. 11 numbers.

Anyways, have fun! I'll have to plow through the Crossbell stories (and first Sen game) first. And maybe Nayuta.

I'm out of here before Spoilers start pouring.

ByWDp_rCMAANLB_.jpg:large

Upon playing for 20 minutes, I can confirm that load times are MUCH better.

Shouta

It's just extra items and one probably pervy outfit for Alisa, so eh, whatever. They'll probably put it up for DLC later, lol.

Ok yeah, loads are leaps and bounds above the first game, at least in the first town. I walked out of a building into the town for the first time, and the load was a few seconds tops.

Really glad they did work on that. This is a much smoother first impression.

EDIT: So one thing I really like about this first area,
Yumir, is that we finally get to see Rean in his hometown, how the people treat him, and what his family is like. Seeing the way they "rule" the land compared to the other major cities is pretty enlightening. Rean is clearly loved by his mom and dad, and the whole area has this really warm feel to it despite being in the mountains.

hongcha

Ok yeah, loads are leaps and bounds above the first game, at least in the first town. I walked out of a building into the town for the first time, and the load was a few seconds tops.

I recently bought the Vita download version of the first game and its loads are very snappy. Glad to hear the sequel has fast loads from the start. I bought the sequel but I used the slow *free airmail* Play-Asia shipping, so I could get it in two weeks or two months. Eh, no rush.
I still have not finished the first game.

NesFe

Damn, I was just checking the FedEx tracking and it said shipping exception "delay beyond our control". This has never happened to me before. Now, the new arrival date is Monday. I hate you whichever customs that delayed my LOH copy T_T

Good to hear about the loading times though, I chugged half way through Sen pre patch and it wasn't a pleasant experience lol

EricB

Wow, had no idea these were out in Korean. Might give me some incentive to study harder. Think I'll go to the shop and pick up the first one on Vita. Are any of the other LoH games available in Korean or just the Sen No Kiseki series?

Aeana

Wow, had no idea these were out in Korean. Might give me some incentive to study harder. Think I'll go to the shop and pick up the first one on Vita. Are any of the other LoH games available in Korean or just the Sen No Kiseki series?
There's fan translations for Zero and Ao, I know that much. I seem to remember seeing Korean translations for the Sora games too, but I'm not sure if they were official or not.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Being able to open chests during active voice events is a real gamechanger.

My copy should get to me around 10:30 am tomorrow while I'm at work. My in-laws are in town until Tuesday, and we're taking them on some road trips over the weekend so I won't have time to play for a bit.

My father-in-law signed for my copy this morning, one benefit of having house guests. Tempted to just shelve the other games I'm playing and jump into it... sometime next week.

Shouta

Will get Monday. Not like I could've sat and played after this helluva weekend if I had gotten it on Saturday

Honestly, the concept for the follow up scenario is great and perhaps the best outside of Ao.
Searching for the other characters as the game goes on.
The pacing is also a big improvement on the original game. It's also nice to have
adults
in my party this time.

Honestly, the concept for the follow up scenario is great and perhaps the best outside of Ao.
Searching for the other characters as the game goes on.
The pacing is also a big improvement on the original game. It's also nice to have
adults
in my party this time.

The whole thing is a marked improvement overall, IMO. SPOILERS FOR EARLY ACT 1:
You're going around retrieving your comrades, but it gives you the chance to see what the war has done to the country, and you're constantly bumping into the primary antagonist. The pacing is way better here than its been in a while IMO.

I also find it interesting that they divided it into Acts rather than Chapters. I'm certainly feeling it in terms of the game structure.

I just entered Act 2, and
I now have access to the Courageous and the freedom to go to a bunch of places, find more old classmates or do side stuff. It's almost overwhelming.

The whole thing is a marked improvement overall, IMO. SPOILERS FOR EARLY ACT 1:
You're going around retrieving your comrades, but it gives you the chance to see what the war has done to the country, and you're constantly bumping into the primary antagonist. The pacing is way better here than its been in a while IMO.

I also find it interesting that they divided it into Acts rather than Chapters. I'm certainly feeling it in terms of the game structure.

I just entered Act 2, and
I now have access to the Courageous and the freedom to go to a bunch of places, find more old classmates or do side stuff. It's almost overwhelming.

It looks like they've also improved with their use of 3D. It'll be interesting to see how close we are to Tales by the time the next game comes around.

If they aren't splitting Sen into 3 games.

Kysen

I have the game downloaded but I won't be playing it until the guide is out :( these games have too much missable stuff. I learnt that the hard way in zero. The problem is worse for games of this length(60+ hours). Does anyone know if the character bonds are back? With the added cast I fear that it will be even harder to max out.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm still in the first act after
19 hours
, but so far Sen 2 feels so much better than the first one.
I think it's a combination of the pacing, less technical problems (slowdowns in certain areas are still there, but there's a lot less of them) and the game not feeling like a Persona no Kiseki anymore.
Plus they've added optional dungeons and
robot battles
, both of which I love!
I'm really curious how the story will unfold from here.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
1sqQkgb.jpg

Well mine just arrived thanks again to the Falcom Store. Sorry for the terrible picture. Love how Falcom ship them early. However I have no idea when ill ever get to play it as I am still very far behind in my kiseki marathon. I had hoped to be done with it in time for today. Oh well at least it will be waiting for me when Im done.

very cool! man im still kicking myself in the ass for having forgotten to order mine apparently. was sitting around all this time waiting for mine but it never came and now i know why lol.

Also thanks for making an OT ryouga!

also the info about the load times is exactly what i wanted to hear!

Going to order this and Sen 1 soon...

Just one quick question: Can you purchase/download DLC from different regions on the same machine? I'm interested in the DLC for this game, but I don't want to screw over my European PSN account.

Just one quick question: Can you purchase/download DLC from different regions on the same machine? I'm interested in the DLC for this game, but I don't want to screw over my European PSN account.

Just create a Japanese PSN account, the downloaded content will work fine on your European account.*

*There are a few things that don't work, but Sen no Kiseki isn't one of the games with issues.

redhairedking

Assuming you are on the PS3 version then you are fine. The vita has some problems with account switching.

Assuming you are on the PS3 version then you are fine. The vita has some problems with account switching.

Just create a Japanese PSN account, the downloaded content will work fine on your European account.*

*There are a few things that don't work, but Sen no Kiseki isn't one of the games with issues.

Thanks! Looks like I'm all set to go then.

I was planning on picking up both games later when I had more money, but I don't want to miss out on the timed DLC. Even if they'll add them to the store later.

Thanks! Looks like I'm all set to go then.

I was planning on picking up both games later when I had more money, but I don't want to miss out on the timed DLC. Even if they'll add them to the store later.

You can download the DLC now for free, the code is freely available and you don't need the game for it to be saved on your harddrive.

Just finished Chapter 2 Part 2 and have begun Chapter 2 Part 3.

Spoilers all the way up to that point.

So now that Rean and co. have access to the Courageous, the game has opened up quite a bit and I've been going around to the currently available cities trying to collect classmates, hidden quests, and talk to NPCs. The game just opened up further now that we've liberated Alisa's city, so we're on a quest to get materials for Valimar's new weapon. V is dead, which came as a bit of a shock since Kiseki normally doesn't kill their secondary villains, but I'm glad that it has Rean thinking about the consequences of his powers and the like. He's not moping around, but he is genuinely rattled.

I'm about 35 hours in, and on the whole I'd say this is living up to my expectations of what a Sen sequel needed to be. The mech combat feels great, said mech designs are fantastic, the music has been as impressive as always, it's a technically more competent game, and I think the moment to moment structure is strong. It still has Kiseki pace problems, but I think they're much less evident here because of your goals.

It's funny though, because it really does feel like a completely different game juxtaposed to Sen. We're playing in the same world, but because we're not locked into a school/Persona-like structure, everything leaves a different impression.

Parakeetman

man its crazy how the ps3 ver is sold out all over.

went and ordered through amazon markplace as much as i hate to (ノ-_-)ノ~┻━┻

Damn! Falcom is releasing new Kiseki games faster than we can get the first two completed in english, it's crazy! We'll never get to play this one in english ;(

Im looking forward to read what you guys think about it.

Shouta

Got my copy, started the game and finished the prologue. Much more luck the other games in tone which is good. Sen 1 was a nice little breath of air in regards to setup so spring boarding off that into a regular ol'adventure is nice.

Rean's slash on the map got more animations too lol. My only beef so far is that it feels a little sluggish in menus but that just might be me.

7 Hours in, just arrived at
Garrelia Fortress

Opening chests during the voice events is totally awesome, the optional dungeons and combat so far are great. Really enjoying it right now.

Shouta

About 6-7 hours in now and definitely more Kiseki-like. In that respect, Sen 1 was kind of a nice change of pace to get away from the usual progression. It's like a refresher before getting back into the usual stuff.

Tovar's VA choice is pretty good. I love how they connected the NPCs from Sen 1 in Sen 2 so far. I actually like it more than i have in other Kiseki games because the school picture from the first game meant you spent a lot of time with those chars, so seeing what's going on for them in Sen 2 is really a treat.

I don't know why I read Kiseki threads, but I always do. It actually hurts my heart, but I'm glad some of you actually get to enjoy this :(

Parakeetman

and here i am still waiting for my ps3 copy &#931;(&#12494;&#1076;<)

at least i can watch all of you folks enjoy it lol

Shouta

Spent a few more hours last night and got back to HORSES. Such a cool area even if there's nothing there on the map technically. So many characters to play in this though, sheesh.

Also, RIP Toukon Belt, down to CP+2 per turn now. ;_;

Top Bottom