• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II (JP/CN/KR) |OT| The Empire's New Groove

Work, being a Dad, family in town, etc. just gets in the way.

Maybe next week I can get a couple hours in after my wife goes to bed or something. We'll see.

RyoonZ

Banned
15 hrs in, something I noticed different from previous game. You can't do switching trick anymore, in the previous game you can switch character when monsters were chasing to reset their chase and they'll turn back. The map is even more powerful now, they record fishing location, they showed where you need to push gear in dungeon and they even showed chest location in
Nord Highlands
lol

And I can't get the battle theme out of my head, it's my favorite one since this.

jae

Lost arts are pretty overpowered.
Almost to chapter 2, pt 4. The kishin battles still aren't doing anything for me, but I'm really digging everything else.

Got to Chapter 2 part 3. Tried to get the first lost art yesterday but got my ass kicked since the boss did so much damage T.T

Holy shit. Spoilers for Final Chapter and going forward.

REAN IS HIS SON? WHAT. I mean, the crumbs were all there but HOLY SHIT. And Rufus was part of the Iron Breed??????? sdafbsbvs

And now the Gaiden with Rixia and Lloyd. Falcom not even trying to hide that they want these two together as the OTP. Hahaha.

Freaking out. Had to put the game down cause I can't handle this right now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Phew, finally done with Act 2 Part 3. After dealing with the side quests, I'll have to tackle the remaining optional bosses which I didn't defeat in 2-3.
My goal - clearing the game before MH4G hits, lol.

RyoonZ

Banned
Black History book spoiler
Before Septian Calendar

"Titans of Creation"

In the beginnings, there were two titans
One who governs might
One who governs defence

What is this Suikoden? :v

Sen II, cleared. 73 hours total.

I laughed, I cried, I curled into a ball, I drank some water.

It was a journey.

More intricate thoughts way down the line, but I really liked it and think it was a HUGE step over Sen, which I liked quite a bit too.

Sen II, cleared. 73 hours total.

I laughed, I cried, I curled into a ball, I drank some water.

It was a journey.

More intricate thoughts way down the line, but I really liked it and think it was a HUGE step over Sen, which I liked quite a bit too.

I hope I'm nearly there, about to have the final fight I think.

Just fought
Mcburn in the tower
, holy shit that guy.

edit: Wow, wtf final chapter.

Finished Sen 2, 66 hours. So many feels.
Like fucking wow, Rean was his fucking kid? And it seems like he's with Iron Breed now too. Also, fucking Thomas is a part of Dominion?!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally cleared it! Took me 54 hours on Normal.
I loved the game, but Falcom should seriously play through the Vita version of their next multiplatform game and do something to cutscenes which have terrible fps drops. Especially if those are supposed to be the "OMG" moments of the game...

Alright, finished the game. Probably the best ending in this series so far. What the game did with its epilogue was kind of interesting and new, it certainly had an emotional impact on me.

And now someone please help me out here, because I'm either very stupid or the story of the Erebonia arc as it is told in Sen I+II is an unexplained mess.
So what exactly is the point of the Kishin fighting each other? I mean, what the fuck is Ouroboros even trying to do in Erebonia? End of Vermillion is just a random demonic entity or what. Royal blood + Crimson Kishin means bad news because reasons. I was really looking forward to an explanation how Osborne survived, maybe he's a Vampire or something, instead I got nothing.

That's really the thing with Sen II, I was expecting answers and got fuck all. If there's not going to be a Sen III this was one random ass story-arc with awkward pacing. Oh well, it was still a good journey but as someone who adores the Crossbell games I'm definitely disappointed.

装甲悪鬼村正;134243861 said:
Alright, finished the game. Probably the best ending in this series so far. What the game did with its epilogue was kind of interesting and new, it certainly had an emotional impact on me.

And now someone please help me out here, because I'm either very stupid or the story of the Erebonia arc as it is told in Sen I+II is an unexplained mess.
So what exactly is the point of the Kishin fighting each other? I mean, what the fuck is Ouroboros even trying to do in Erebonia? End of Vermillion is just a random demonic entity or what. Royal blood + Crimson Kishin means bad news because reasons. I was really looking forward to an explanation how Osborne survived, maybe he's a Vampire or something, instead I got nothing.

That's really the thing with Sen II, I was expecting answers and got fuck all. If there's not going to be a Sen III this was one random ass story-arc with awkward pacing. Oh well, it was still a good journey but as someone who adores the Crossbell games I'm definitely disappointed.

There was so much build up for ouroboros and crossbell, only to have it move on to the empire or something at some point during Ao. In Sen II we're told something along the lines of them "bringing the 'illusion' from crossbell to cause the 'flame' in the empire," but it seems like after zero/ao the ouroboros element of the story is losing its way.

I've been suspecting that there might be a Sen III, however.

Edit: WHHHAAAATTTT

Crossbell assets! Crossbell assets everywhere!

Okay, there's no way there isn't going to be a Sen III that involves Crossbell. These assets were not created/modified for an epilogue. They did make special note of the tree and went through of the trouble of showing the characters what was going on. In the end, Sen II felt more like the ending of Sora FC and Zero than a 2nd game.

クロスベルの未来を掴みましょう!WHAT, THIS PLAYABLE!?

装甲悪鬼村正;134269904 said:
Seems like there is additional backstory and a hidden scene you can unlock in Newgame+ (why do you do this Falcom?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_1a0-HtMDU

Yeah, Sen III is definitely happening.

I really hope I don't need to do a New Game+ to get a decent start in the third game. As excited as I am for the prospect of a third game and as much of an improvement Sen II is, this has been the weakest arc in the series thus far. And in terms of what is yet to come, character designs like the original Miriam and ... whatever the silver haired girl's name is are completely unacceptable, Falcom. : ( Please, stop. At least give her clothes, like you gave Miriam.

And holy crap, this game will just not end. I've been trying to get back to Shiroki Majo all day after saving just before the "final boss." And I've
just been given new objectives!?

aravuus

When I'm retired and I've got all the time in the world, I'm gonna learn Japanese and play through all these games. Cause I'm 100% sure we'll never get the whole series localized.

I can't progress through the game. When I
beat the headmaster,
My vita tells me some sort of error has occurred and shuts down.

Edit: Bug cleared. Did a few quests and came back. Also changed one party member. Not sure what happened, but if this happens to anyone else ... maybe try doing what I did? And
a new dungeon. THE CREDITS ALREADY ROLLED, FALCOM. THEY ROLLED.

Shouta

Doing Chapter II, Part 4's last story section now and then it's on to the last chapter. So I'm not going to read any of them black bars. =P I'm fully expectign a Sen 3 though,. =o

jae

I can't progress through the game. When I
beat the headmaster,
My vita tells me some sort of error has occurred and shuts down.

Edit: Bug cleared. Did a few quests and came back. Also changed one party member. Not sure what happened, but if this happens to anyone else ... maybe try doing what I did?

Not sure what triggers it, but that is a common bug. Saw some theories that it had to do with certain attachments or certain types of attacks causing it. I had to go through it twice, the first time they got one turn off and it froze. Second time, they didn't get a chance to attack and the scene played fine after. I fought with the same party and did basically the same attacks myself, though.

If all else fails just hold X to skip the event, that works 100%.

Not sure what triggers it, but that is a common bug. Saw some theories that it had to do with certain attachments or certain types of attacks causing it. I had to go through it twice, the first time they got one turn off and it froze. Second time, they didn't get a chance to attack and the scene played fine after. I fought with the same party and did basically the same attacks myself, though.

If all else fails just hold X to skip the event, that works 100%.

For me it happened just before switching scenes. Holding x didn't work.

Anyways, game finally complete.

the last minute dungeon and boss fight seemed pretty unnecessary, but I guess they felt they needed to appeal to convention after such a strange progression post castle.

Seems like even if we're not done with sen, maybe we're done with nanakumi? It'll be interesting to see what falcom does next. New cast? Ensemble?

"In the near future."

the last minute dungeon and boss fight seemed pretty unnecessary, but I guess they felt they needed to appeal to convention after such a strange progression post castle.

Seems like even if we're not done with sen, maybe we're done with nanakumi? It'll be interesting to see what falcom does next. New cast? Ensemble?

"In the near future."

Isn't the next game supposedly that "online" one called Akatsuki no Kiseki? I remember it being called that.

I guess it also plays into the fact that it apparently takes place in
Crossbell
as well, of which the assets from this could be used in it.

"In the near future."

We might be done with Class VII but not with Rean, the whole point of the ending was kind of how they found their place in the world while Rean didn't, and Thomas was pretty frank about how "nothing truly was resolved" and that Rean still has a role to play in the things to come

"Sen" might be over (we got the usual character art at the end of the credits just like in The 3rd and Ao) but it doesn't feel like the Erebonia arc is complete at all. The announcement of the next game will be pretty interesting, I have no idea where this is going.

Shouta

The next set of game will probably be the one that deals with the climax we've been waiting for. Sen really felt like the games that were needed to show what the Empire was actually like. In previous games, it felt like this giant evil force but that's not really the case for most of the groups there.

"In the near future."

Felt like it was there just to provide some closure with the main cast, and give us as players a chance to fully tool around with them and send them off since I imagine only a few are going to be heavy hitters going forward in the series.

Shouta

I finished the Gaiden and Epilogue over the weekend. The game seriously ramped up right at the end with all of the crazy stuff going on. They just started dangling a lot of carrots too. It doesn’t answer a lot of the bigger questions but it definitely leaves a few interesting bits and gets that part of the Erebonia story out of the way. They can definitely go forward with the games now that they’re done with this.
It’ll be interesting where the story goes because we have one future plot point set in stone for the timeline already. So I suspect the next set of games will deal with that and then the culmination of this set of events, lol.

On the game itself, I really enjoyed it. I liked the pace of the story and how it really spent time with everything rather than just rush. It really showed the Empire in-depth and gave a face to it whereas it was just a big bad entity in both Sora and Zero/Ao. The changes to Orbments and Quartz were pretty welcome. The ARCUS idea is interesting but they just need to flesh it out a bit more overall because the benefits aside from cover and killing an enemy off seemed to be somewhat minor.
My biggest concern going into Sen initially was that the characters would be kind of generic and that really wasn’t the case aside from I think Gaius, Machias, and Eusis. They’re probably the most boring of the bunch because they don’t have much going on in these games. Eusis has the most but even then it happens with Angelica as well and is way more prominent in the main storyline. I’m hoping if that they continue with Erebonia, that these 3 get more stuff dedicated to them, assuming they’ll be back.
Characters have always been a particularly strong point in Kiseki games but I really felt like this cast was enjoyable. It might be the additional time you get to spend with them and the structure of the story facilitating it but they really turned out well. It’s actually interesting how you can point out some parallels within this set of characters and others within the Kiseki series itself.

Random spoilered musings:

SUPER SPOILER ALERT DO NOT HIGHLIGHT AT ALL UNLESS YOU’RE FINISHED WITH THE GAME.
- I watched the second playthrough special scene on youtube.
Thomas being Dominion No. 2 is really surprising. I felt like something was up with him as they hinted in this game but it finally hit me at the end and then was confirmed in the special scene.
-
McBurn’s references to being Mixed and the ideas of objects being made with otherworldly laws seems to be sticking its head up again, more prominently now with Rean having his “Oni” power.
-
The new game plus having more history parts that you collect with more info on what could be to come is pretty interesting.
-
The leader of the Zephyr Mercenaries is apparently alive and they’re out there getting him back was an interesting point to bring up.
-
The most obvious one of Rean and Osbourne plus Rean’s powers itself.
-
The Arianhordr and her knights and how they relate to Sandlot/Lohengrin castle.
It’ll be interesting to see who comes back in a major role in the next game. There’s almost too many chars in this to bring them all back but there are several that are definitely locks, IMO.

Shouta

Just read the interview with Kondo about Sen II and it was a pretty good read. Definitely doesn't look like it'll be the end of Erebonia though. We might get a 3rd Style game, lol.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Since this is the most recently active Sen no Kiseki thread I would ask my question here. Asia PSN is having a sale on Sen no Kiseki 1 and I'm looking to buying the Chinese localisation. Would the PS3 version be a better choice, barring benefits of portability?

Aeana

Finally started the game. Immediately, I am taunted by my failure to get to max rank in Sen 1 (I was TWO POINTS OFF c'mooonnn :(). Oh well, the silver medal is not that bad.

Aeana

So sad that I didn't get to play this while everybody else was playing it. :( I can't find anyone to talk to about the game with, now.

Sen 1 was really a drag for me, but Sen 2 is shaping up to be my favorite Kiseki since 3rd. I just finished all of the quests in chapter 2 part 1, and I'm going to move on to whatever's next. I tried to fight the big enemy that showed up in Galleria after I did a quest there, but he's too tough for the time being.

Shouta

You can beat that boss fairly early on but you really need a specific strategy for it. Those are really hard in general though.

So sad that I didn't get to play this while everybody else was playing it. :( I can't find anyone to talk to about the game with, now.

Sen 1 was really a drag for me, but Sen 2 is shaping up to be my favorite Kiseki since 3rd. I just finished all of the quests in chapter 2 part 1, and I'm going to move on to whatever's next. I tried to fight the big enemy that showed up in Galleria after I did a quest there, but he's too tough for the time being.

The Eidolon thing? I just powered my way through and knocked it out. Lots of S-breaks, Overbursts and Seras potions. Using Sara and Elliot helped since Sara gets 10% of the damage she deals in HP every turn and Elliot's Resonance Beat helped upping everyone's DEF and regen for three turns. Took a while, but I beat it on the first try.

[shrug]

Top Bottom