• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Alright phew I was reading some talk on it and couldn't find any official announcements of the Vita version for NA. That's a relief because I don't have a PS3

It would be incredibly shitty to not localize CS2 on both platforms. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Vita version of the game was the better selling one anyway considering how PS3 software sales have gone lately.

You can change the region on saves? Holy shit I did not know this!

Now the temptation is really real!

You just need a USB stick and some PC programs (I used bruteforce save data) and you can change the title ID of your save and even resign it to a different account.

Psxphile

tumblr_o0blz6pi9Z1rn0zu6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0blz6pi9Z1rn0zu6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0blz6pi9Z1rn0zu6o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0blz6pi9Z1rn0zu6o4_1280.jpg

someone actually did this
the absolute madman

*logs on PSN store*
*search 'trails of cold steel'*
*88 matches*

the hell

Falcom went a little overboard on dlc for the game, Xseed has just been pushing it all out over the last few weeks. It's also doubled because there's a PS3 and Vita version of everything. More power to the people who want it I guess, I'm just glad none of the costumes really appeal to me over what is already in the game.

aravuus

You just need a USB stick and some PC programs (I used bruteforce save data) and you can change the title ID of your save and even resign it to a different account.

Motherfucker, doesn't this mean I could have used someone else's clear save game to play the game on NG+ right away?

Xenoflare

Omg WHY?
I actually hope this is a photoshop... I can't tell whether he hate his life or love the game more lol.

The selling price of that food item is higher than the price for the ingredients, so making 99 of them can net you a profit of 1500-2000(?) Mira every time you make them

It's actually one of easiest way to get that bank trophy if you want to do it in one run. I made about 25000 mira extra in Chapter 4 because of this so I can get everyone new gear.

Just look at the mira count in the screenshots

aravuus

Yep, you absolutely could have.

God

Damn it

Ah well, I might have enough time to replay the game before CS2 comes out anyway, being able to skip most of the scenes and not feeling the need to talk to everyone all the time should cut down a playthrough's length significantly.

e: .... if someone wants to send their clear save file my way, though, I would appreciate it. Restarting would be even easier tbh.

kubricks

The selling price of that food item is higher than the price for the ingredients, so making 99 of them can net you a profit of 1500-2000(?) Mira every time you make them

It's actually one of easiest way to get that bank trophy if you want to do it in one run. I made about 25000 mira extra in Chapter 4 because of this so I can get everyone new gear.

I know this since Sen no Kiseki I days.... I just wonder how people can endure the boredom to reach the goal lol. I did this for 15mins and almost fell asleep.

Xenoflare

I know this since Sen no Kiseki I days.... I just wonder how people can endure the boredom to reach the goal lol. I did this for 15mins and almost fell asleep.

Comparing this with 100% the game I'd rather do that. At least it's just repetitive lol

I hate fishing with a passion, not as a mini game, but as a collection item to fill.

StereoVsn

Wait so this can be done with basic omelette with Elliot? Oh man, if so I am going to create at least couple thousand omelettes a for some initial upgrades.

Oh, and on the subject of characters. I am only about $ hours in but some I already hate, i.e. Alisa, Jusius and Machios. Probably misspelled the names but don't want to even bother checking. Those 3 and especially Alisa are just annoying. I am avoiding bonding events with them on purpose.

Jiraiza

Oh, and on the subject of characters. I am only about $ hours in but some I already hate, i.e. Alisa, Jusius and Machios. Probably misspelled the names but don't want to even bother checking. Those 3 and especially Alisa are just annoying. I am avoiding bonding events with them on purpose.
In time, you will come to recognize that Jusis is best boy (Olivier is in a totally different category). Even more when you get to play Cold Steel II.

Famassu

God

Damn it

Ah well, I might have enough time to replay the game before CS2 comes out anyway, being able to skip most of the scenes and not feeling the need to talk to everyone all the time should cut down a playthrough's length significantly.

e: .... if someone wants to send their clear save file my way, though, I would appreciate it. Restarting would be even easier tbh.
I'm currently doing my second playthrough. Started it, like, 2-2,5 hours ago and I'm already in Chapter 2. This fast forward of all cutscenes kinda nice. ;P And this is with me still going for 100% quest completion + collecting some of the collectibles that give me neat shit near the end. (I'm assuming you get them twice) Of course not bothering with character notes, news letters, recipes etc. that don't have to be collected twice.

Wait so this can be done with basic omelette with Elliot? Oh man, if so I am going to create at least couple thousand omelettes a for some initial upgrades.

Eh? Jusis is awesome (serving that ether from the very start), and apart from some iciness towards Rean due to the embarrassing incident at the old school house, Alisa isn't all that bad. Machias, on the other hand, was unbearable for quite a long time. He's just so unbending in his hate of the nobles for a long time.

They all get much better, though. So even if you don't like them now, it'd be hard to imagine that you don't change your opinion about them to be more positive by the time they are developed and lose some of their more extreme mannerisms.

Besides, you have still to meet the worst character in any Kiseki game so far, one that makes even early game Machias seem like a cool dude.

Does anyone know if Xseed mentiom anything about how cold steel is selling?
The physical version has been temporarily sold out at some retailers once or twice, so it could be doing ok

Please do Jusis' bonding scenes at least.

Does anyone know if Xseed mentiom anything about how cold steel is selling?
They haven't said anything afaik, but there are glowing reports.

Psxphile

Falcom went a little overboard on dlc for the game, Xseed has just been pushing it all out over the last few weeks. It's also doubled because there's a PS3 and Vita version of everything. More power to the people who want it I guess, I'm just glad none of the costumes really appeal to me over what is already in the game.

I noticed some of them only just went up. Are we expecting more or has the DLC well been tapped to its max already? I just grabbed the one that was marked 'free' (Shining Pom bait #1 or something) and called it a day.

Lusankya

What is the point of these faceplates?

aravuus

I'm currently doing my second playthrough. Started it, like, 2-2,5 hours ago and I'm already in Chapter 2. This fast forward of all cutscenes kinda nice. ;P And this is with me still going for 100% quest completion + collecting some of the collectibles that give me neat shit near the end. (I'm assuming you get them twice) Of course not bothering with character notes, news letters, recipes etc. that don't have to be collected twice.

Well, that is fast to say the least lol

Still, would it be too much to ask for your clear save file? Copying it to a USB drive, zipping it and uploading it to something like MEGA would be fine, but if you don't have the tools to do it or whatever, no worries.

I'm just one of those people that would really rather do everything on the first playthrough.

Famassu

Well, that is fast to say the least lol

Still, would it be too much to ask for your clear save file? Copying it to a USB drive, zipping it and uploading it to something like MEGA would be fine, but if you don't have the tools to do it or whatever, no worries.

I'm just one of those people that would really rather do everything on the first playthrough.
Here you go. The App folder has been copied straight from the "PS Vita" folder. No idea how you're supposed to force this onto your Vita.

Here

At least I think that should be it. I've collected everything (books, recipes, treasures), have every character note that is possible to get on a single playthrough, ultimate weapon for 3 characters, got 100% AP, have my characters around lvl 59-65 etc. There are quite a lot of save files there, just load the Clear Game save data and it'll give you the option to transfer certain things over to your second playthrough & let's you pick the difficulty level. You have to play until you collect your weapon & master quartz in the old school building to get all of the shit. You can advance quite quickly because you can just kill all of the enemies on the overworld by hitting them twice.

I'm not sure what happens with trophies with a save file like this, since some things are already at 100% completion. Maybe you'll, say, get the recipe trophy once you get your first recipe? Or it won't give you them at all? No idea.

aravuus

Here you go. The App folder has been copied straight from the "PS Vita" folder. No idea how you're supposed to force this onto your Vita.

Here

At least I think that should be it. I've collected everything (books, recipes, treasures), have every character note that is possible to get on a single playthrough, ultimate weapon for 3 characters, got 100% AP, have my characters around lvl 59-65 etc. There are quite a lot of save files there, just load the Clear Game save data and it'll give you the option to transfer certain things over to your second playthrough & let's you pick the difficulty level. You have to play until you collect your weapon & master quartz in the old school building to get all of the shit. You can advance quite quickly because you can just kill all of the enemies on the overworld by hitting them twice.

I'm not sure what happens with trophies with a save file like this, since some things are already at 100% completion. Maybe you'll, say, get the recipe trophy once you get your first recipe? Or it won't give you them at all? No idea.

Awesome, thanks! I forgot to mention that I actually have the PS3 version lol, so hopefully I'll be able to transfer the saves without owning the Vita version of the game. I do have a PSTV, if only refunding on PSN was as easy as it is on Steam... Could just buy the game, transfer the saves, refund, if nothing else worked.

But yeah, we'll see in a couple of hours when I get home from work.

Gu4n

I think the trophy is only earned the moment you complete your recipe book; cooking new dishes doesn't trigger it and neither does receiving recipes. Again, not 100% sure. You can't use the recipe books twice, that much I do know.

Oh, and you can't copy Vita save files from one PSN account to another. The save files are encrypted with personal data and all kinds of exotic spices.

StereoVsn

Eh? Jusis is awesome (serving that ether from the very start), and apart from some iciness towards Rean due to the embarrassing incident at the old school house, Alisa isn't all that bad. Machias, on the other hand, was unbearable for quite a long time. He's just so unbending in his hate of the nobles for a long time.

They all get much better, though. So even if you don't like them now, it'd be hard to imagine that you don't change your opinion about them to be more positive by the time they are developed and lose some of their more extreme mannerisms.

Besides, you have still to meet the worst character in any Kiseki game so far, one that makes even early game Machias seem like a cool dude.

The physical version has been temporarily sold out at some retailers once or twice, so it could be doing ok

Alisa is a template of the anime annoying tsundere rich blond girl. Jusis and Machias are terrible in their own ways. Maybe something will change with a few more hours in but these 3 are pretty terrible so far.

To think in Trails SC and FC I don't think I met a character that I disliked as much as the above and that's over 100 hours of gameplay.

bomblord1

Banned
Alisa is a template of the anime annoying tsundere rich blond girl. Jusis and Machias are terrible in their own ways. Maybe something will change with a few more hours in but these 3 are pretty terrible so far.

To think in Trails SC and FC I don't think I met a character that I disliked as much as the above and that's over 100 hours of gameplay.

Have you made it to Chapter 1? The Tsundere behavior is
explained, apologized for, and changed before the beginning of the first field study.

they start out real bad. some of them will improve over time, others will stay bad and generic, like alisa. man she's so boring and i hate her voice. jusis isn't so bad because he picks on the worst character in the game. machias is okay. i'm currently at chapter 6. yea, i'm not really impressed with characters and story this time.

Top Bottom