• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

tha_devil

DownLikeBCPowder said:
100 Euro? How nice are we talking ? MSRP is how many Euro exactly (30? Not up on conversion rates) I follow the sentiment but whew. But I guess if it was really nice...
Nice as in, artbook like development artworks from valkyria chronicles and some nice statue.

Games here alone are about 45 euro. (shitty holland).

maeda

Majora also has the benefit of being experienced by a dramatically less amount of people than Ocarina. It will be like a totally new game for millions! It also used so many assets from Ocarina. It's a no brainer! Do it Nintendo!

Cygnus X-1

maeda said:
Majora also has the benefit that it has been experienced by a dramatically less amount of people. It will be like a totally new game for millions! It also used so many assets from Ocarina. It's a no brainer! Do it Nintendo!

It's ok if GREZZO does it, while Nintendo makes new games. Possibly new IP. Possibly bringing them overseas as well.

Arren

I still haven't got my hands on this remake, so while waiting for the fabled purchase of a 3DS with the game (which will happen hopefully on next friday), I have two questions.

1) Does the savefile still keep count of the number of deaths / gameover you had, like in the original?

2) Is it confirmed that the Soundtrack offer for Europe is not available anymore? Or maybe there is still hope for "late" adopters like myself? :(

Thanks in advance!

Alrus

tha_devil said:
Nice as in, artbook like development artworks from valkyria chronicles and some nice statue.

Games here alone are about 45 euro. (shitty holland).

Do you have Media Markt/Saturn there? They usually sell it cheaper than specialty store/other retailers (Fnac for example). I got mine for 39 euros there (It's still too expensive and I hope prices will drop like they did for the Psp but it probably won't happen in mainland europe anytime soon =/ )

Arren said:
I still haven't got my hands on this remake, so while waiting for the fabled purchase of a 3DS with the game (which will happen hopefully on next friday), I have two questions.

1) Does the savefile still keep count of the number of deaths / gameover you had, like in the original?

2) Is it confirmed that the Soundtrack offer for Europe is not available anymore? Or maybe there is still hope for "late" adopters like myself? :(

Thanks in advance!

1) nope, which is fortunate for me since I somehow died in Dodongo's Cavern right near the end, oh the shame of being hit by a fire keese while pulling myself onto a ledge!

2) I don't think so, I imagine there is still hope, after all wasn't the registration period up until the end of this month? But I don't think anyone truly knows what the hell is going on with NOE

Randomizer

So the last time I played this was about 5 years ago and shockingly I still remember everything about it and I mean everything e.g. heart container & skulltulas locations, where to go and what to do in every dungeon. I have just left the Water temple and have 15 hearts and almost 60 skulltulas. As many people have said before this game hasn't aged badly at all, I would say it has greater variety in gameplay, content and design than most modern games. I recently played the Witcher 2 and other than the obvious graphically superiority this game is leagues beyond it.

tha_devil

Alrus said:
Do you have Media Markt/Saturn there? They usually sell it cheaper than specialty store/other retailers (Fnac for example). I got mine for 39 euros there (It's still too expensive and I hope prices will drop like they did for the Psp but it probably won't happen in mainland europe anytime soon =/ )
Yes u can find them cheaper at some places, but its still to expensive. Thats why i have a usa 3ds, my game is underway from vgp for 34 euro incl. shipping.

Majmun

Second said:
Already finished the original like five times. And it's still very tempting to buy a 3DS just for this game :/

Ok, I almost bought a 3DS today. Holy shit. I was so close. My stupid gf stopped me.

"But you already have a DS"

UKXYJ.jpg

Randomizer

farnham said:
i really want a phantom hourglass& spirit tracks kind of game next

What like a true Wind Waker sequel or one using touch controls and a crap overworld?

Don't get me wrong I liked Phantom hourglass and Spirit Tracks but they are bottom tier Zelda games and I really hope Nintendo put abit more effort into their first original Zelda on 3DS.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
tha_devil said:
Yes u can find them cheaper at some places, but its still to expensive. Thats why i have a usa 3ds, my game is underway from vgp for 34 euro incl. shipping.
I got it for 45€ at La Fnac in France... but if you preordered, they gave you back 20€ for a future purchase. How àbout that?

Randomizer

Second said:
Ok, I almost bought a 3DS today. Holy shit. I was so close. My stupid gf stopped me.

So that misconception still exists with the non-gamer masses?

..pakbeka.. said:
Does Zora's Domain
remains frozen in this version
?

Yes

My Amazon order is "Shipping Soon", I pre-ordered it the first day it was added and its set to Two-Day Prime shipping.

Now I wait until it gets to NY, then until it gets on a plane and crosses the Atlantic to get to me.

Arren

Nocturnowl said:
1) nope, which is fortunate for me since I somehow died in Dodongo's Cavern right near the end, oh the shame of being hit by a fire keese while pulling myself onto a ledge!
Too bad they removed that counter.

It provided a nice indicator of your skills, even if it could indeed become a frustrating reminder of your past defeats.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to doing a 3-heart run on this remake anyway, regardless of the deathcount. :)

Randomizer

Gravijah said:
It's a very real misconception and it will probably happen to the Wii U at first, too.

I wonder if this happened with the Snes when it came out? Going by their E3 presentation Nintendo really need to advertise WiiU in some way that clearly indicates it is an all new console and not just a new controller for the Wii.

Randomizer said:
I wonder if this happened with the Snes when it came out? Going by their E3 presentation Nintendo really need to advertise WiiU in some way that clearly indicates it is an all new console and not just a new controller for the Wii.
At least the WiiU has a clearly different controller, the 3DS even looks almost the same as a DS. I wouldn't blame people not really into gaming to mistake it for another DS revision, especially considering how many there have been.

Reknoc

Nocturnowl said:

Glad I'm not the only one. Was quite embarrassing.

Gravijah

Randomizer said:

Nintendo need to advertise the console and games as a new experience that you can't get on the Wii. They cannot just focus on the controller, because consumers are stupid.

neoism

you guys are right,,, lol about the guide. I had it pre ordered on amazon but I want to take my time with this because it will probably be the only 3DS game I buy for awhile so guides be damned... I'm goina try to find everything the ol'fashioned way.

Randomizer

Damn the person who made that image of Fat Young Link getting a item in the news thread. Every time he picks up an item I can't help but see it. :(

neoism

Relix said:
My young mind has absolutely blocked any thoughts of the Shadow Temple and the little dungeon prior to that. Yup. So... scary.
I really don't know what I'll remember as I'm playing it, but looking back I can't remember a dam thing :p All I remember Is my mom let me open 1 present early, and it was OOT. I played it non stop for two weeks during Christmas break. I beat it in like 14 days or so....4 to 5 hours a day.... :D LOVEED it sooo much.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I have to say that the save system sucks, considering this is a portable system. I made my way through Hyrule field and entered the castle town. I saved the game, and when I reset the game, I was back in Kokiri village! I guess I'll be playing this game mostly at home.

rhino4evr

richiek said:
I have to say that the save system sucks, considering this is a portable system. I made my way through Hyrule field and entered the castle town. I saved the game, and when I reset the game, I was back in Kokiri village! I guess I'll be playing this game mostly at home.
This is my biggest disappointment. They really should have made a "save state" system

(Dungeon spoiler)
Lord Jabu-Jabu's Belly
is taking me far too longer to complete than I'd like. It's almost good for a handheld in that way, I keep playing for 15 minutes or so then slamming the console shut in anger of how bad I am, then going back in a bit and figuring it out.

richiek said:

I've got in to the habit of just putting the system in sleep mode. Practically the same thing, it can live in sleep mode for hours and hours.

Rich!

richiek said:

Yeah, same as in the N64 version - however the warp songs do help later on in the game. And your point has made me wonder:

How the flying fuck would they ever get Majora's Mask working on a handheld? Imagine working through Snowhead Temple and your battery gets low while you're out somewhere. You have three options:

1. Finish it INCREDIBLY QUICKLY (not really possible, lol) and play the song of time to save your badass progress.
2. Go out of the temple, and frantically find an owl statue to quick-save
3. Lose your progress. Cry and rage like mad. Next time you turn it on, you'll start from the last time you played the Song of Time, which could be AAAGES ago.

Fuck. I love majora's mask though, hope it does get the OOT 3D treatment next.

Manmedaz

I found something interesting today. When playing the Ocarina, touch the stick/ D-pad to modulate while playing a note to modulate it. Dunno if this has been said, don't even know if it was possible in the original game, but I find it cool, so I though I'd share :).

Rich!

Manmedaz said:
I found something interesting today. When playing the Ocarina, touch the stick/ D-pad to modulate while playing a note to modulate it. Dunno if this has been said, don't even know if it was possible in the original game, but I find it cool, so I though I'd share :).

Yep, was in the original. Used to be able to play the Simpsons theme with the help of it.

Dystify

richisawesome said:
1. Finish it INCREDIBLY QUICKLY (not really possible, lol) and play the song of time to save your badass progress.
3. Lose your progress. Cry and rage like mad. Next time you turn it on, you'll start from the last time you played the Song of Time, which could be AAAGES ago.

4. Close your 3DS so it goes into sleep mode, giving you plenty of hours to go to recharge, while not turning off the game.

Rich!

Strive said:
4. Close your 3DS so it goes into sleep mode, giving you plenty of hours to go to recharge, while not turning off the game.

Have you played Majora's Mask? Get to the middle of a dungeon, and then try leaving the game for a couple of hours. You will be completely, utterly lost when you get back to it. You will be sucked.

Best dungeons ever though. <3 stone tower temple

AniHawk

richisawesome said:

isn't an hour in the game a minute in real life? you'd have basically an hour and a few minutes at most before you would be forced to save anyway.

unless you do the inverted song of time. yeah, then you might get screwed.

Rich!

AniHawk said:
isn't an hour in the game a minute in real life? you'd have basically an hour and a few minutes at most before you would be forced to save anyway.

I'm guessing you never found out about the backwards song of time.

absolute lol if you tried playing through the game without it.

edit - ha, you do know it then.

TheExodu5

Banned
butter_stick said:
They can fix the 3D viewing angle and make it a much, much more enjoyable system.

The only way they could fix the viewing angle is to actually use face tracking and have dynamic angles. Not gonna happen though.

McNum

richisawesome said:
Yeah, same as in the N64 version - however the warp songs do help later on in the game. And your point has made me wonder:

How the flying fuck would they ever get Majora's Mask working on a handheld? Imagine working through Snowhead Temple and your battery gets low while you're out somewhere. You have three options:

Fuck. I love majora's mask though, hope it does get the OOT 3D treatment next.
The obvious solution would probably be to remove the quicksave from the owls and add it to the Start button. Keep the owls as warp points, but let Link handle the quicksaving himself.

Also, (boss spoiler)
Phantom Ganon
down! I used to dread that boss until I found out a crippling weakness of its first phase attack.
See the Triforce symbols along the edge of the platform? Plant yourself on one of them and he can't hit you. At all. Unhorse him at your own pace, then.

Mafro

richisawesome said:
Have you played Majora's Mask? Get to the middle of a dungeon, and then try leaving the game for a couple of hours. You will be completely, utterly lost when you get back to it. You will be sucked.
I guess the 3DS notes feature will come in handy.

Thoraxes

Second said:

FYI, tomorrow I believe Target has a buy a 3DS get a $25 giftcard, and then a deal when you buy OOT you get a second game 50% off. So make two separate transactions, and get OOT and a second game covered by the giftcard.

That is, if you're still going to get one.

BY2K

Membero Americo
How does Boss Challenge and Boss Gauntlet Mode works.

How to Access Boss Challenge Mode?

After you have defeated the Forest Temple and returned to the Temple of Time, you will find Shiek waiting for you. Speak to him and he mentions that you can now return to your tree house in Kokiri Forest and relive boss battles from the past. If you return to the tree house, speak to your bed and you’ll have this option. You can only fight bosses that you have already defeated thus far in the game. So initially, only Queen Gohma, King Dodongo, Barinade, and Phantom Ganon will be accessible.

How Does the Boss Challenge Work?

Once you select a boss to relive the battle with, you’ll immediately be taken to the boss arena. The battle works just as it did when you initially faced off with the boss. However, you are now limited to the minimum number of possible hearts, as if you’ve never gotten any piece of hearts. So you’ll have 3 heart containers against Queen Gohma, 4 against King Dodongo, 5 against Barinade, and so on and so sorth.
Additionally, you have a limited number of items available, depending on the battle. For example, against Volvagia you’ll have the quiver with 30 arrows, the megaton hammer, and a bottle with red potion. We’ll be providing a complete listing of everything that is provided for you for each boss battle soon.
After you defeat each boss, it will update how many times you have defeated each boss, as well as the best time it took you to defeat them.

What is the Boss Gauntlet and How Do you Access It?

After you have completed up through the Spirit Temple, you now can gain access to the Boss Gauntlet.
You need to play the Boss Challenge and beat each of the bosses one additional time to unlock the Boss Gauntlet.
The Boss Gauntlet will fill the 9th and final spot of the Boss Challenge mode.
The Boss Gauntlet begins with Queen Gohma and you will have Five Hearts of health.
After defeating a boss, two treasure chests will appear. You can only open one them and you’ll get a wide variety of items. This could be additional slingshot ammo, deku nuts, bombs, the longshot, or even a full heart container.

Afterwards you step into the portal and it immediately takes you to the next boss battle without recovering your health or restoring any of your items.
After completing the entire boss gauntlet, it will record the time it took you to complete the entire gauntlet.

What is different in the Master Quest Boss Challenge?

The Master Quest changes from the regular game crosses over to the Boss Challenge. Meaning, all bosses will do double the amount of damage each time they hit Link.
All child battles limit Link to 3 heart containers, while all adult boss battles limit Link to 5 heart containers.
There are no recovery tools in the Master Quest.
In the regular quest boss challenge, you occasionally had bottles filled with red or blue potion, depending on the boss. These are not available at all in the Master Quest.

What about the Master Quest Boss Gauntlet?

Instead of starting the Gauntlet with 5 full heart containers like in the regular quest, you will only have 3 full heart containers.
Three heart containers, all bosses do double the amount of damage, and you don’t get any certain recovery between battles.

The Master Quest version sounds fucking hardcore.

Top Bottom