• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

iyox

I think the problem with the pop-up is the entry point for registration. According to their JS code, they are looking for a promo-code element and then taking the text contents of it to generate a url source for the pop-up.

Code:
else if (regResult.value == "ocarina") {

var promotionCode = mojo.queryFirst("#promotionCode");
                  panelTitle = "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Soundtrack Offer";
                  actionName = "promo-dialog/" + promotionCode.value + ".do";
}

I've tried registering several times and never found the promotionCode element in the page at any point during the process.

I think I made a mistake using my iPhone... But I was afraid by the time I got home later today they'd all be claimed. Alot of good that did me.

Izayoi

Banned
The guy told me he would submit the info to the admin department and somebody would contact me in the next couple of days?

I don't really like the sound of that... :|

andymcc

Banned
Izayoi said:
The guy told me he would submit the info to the admin department and somebody would contact me in the next couple of days?

it's a sunday dude. don't freak out too much.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Izayoi said:

They did that with me when my Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem Club Nintendo code didn't work. After a few days they called me and registered it for me and what not.

The same should apply here.

Izayoi

Banned
andymcc said:
it's a sunday dude. don't freak out too much.
I'M FREAKING OUT OKAY

Haziqonfire said:
They did that with me when my Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem Club Nintendo code didn't work. After a few days they called me and registered it for me and what not.

The same should apply here.
Yeah, but this is a limited quantity thing. I don't want them to run out while they're sitting around playing with their dicks or whatever and not calling me.

Sianos

Izayoi said:

It's Sunday AND Father's Day.

They have it registered tommorow/Tuesday.

KamenSenshi

I wonder if I will even get the cd now since they are getting hammered with calls and I can't really call back later like the automated voice is telling me. Ah, oh well I guess.

Izayoi

Banned
Big Papa Husker said:
What the hell? I call and they say "Call back later"? LET ME SIT ON HOLD! OMG!
Keep trying and eventually you'll get through. I just navigated to the 3DS menu and then asked to talk to a representative.

You'll sit on hold for about five or ten minutes after that.

Meier

Amazon really screwed the pooch on this one. Arriving on Wednesday without any benefits to the consumer? Just totally unacceptable..

Izayoi said:
Keep trying and eventually you'll get through. I just navigated to the 3DS menu and then asked to talk to a representative.
I did that and they said "call back later". What company just says to call back? This whole thing is a joke. Hey Nintendo, maybe you just do what Atlus does and package a soundtrack with the first pressing of the game.

Izayoi

Banned
Big Papa Husker said:
I did that and they said "call back later". What company just says to call back?
Huh? You didn't get the Mario hold music? Every two minutes or so an automated voice says that if you want you can call back later, but you don't have to.

Scum

Has anyone had a look around inside Impa's house in Kakariko Village? There are illustrations with hints on several aspects of the game stuck everywhere in there, like catching fairies with bottles and such. :lol

Finished the Deku Tree, headed out into Hyrule Field. The game really is gorgeous on the 3DS, though I admit after I got into the Deku Tree, I turned off the 3D. It just seemed too finicky to me. If I moved my eye line even slightly, I got a double image. But fortunately, the greatness of this port/remake does not lie in the 3D effect.

Glix

Izayoi said:
Huh? You didn't get the Mario hold music? Every two minutes or so an automated voice says that if you want you can call back later, but you don't have to.

At the end of the 3ds menu it says "if you'd like to speak to a representative... Call back later"

I'm so annoyed

DrStiles

Izayoi said:

They have two separate systems. One is just to get to the automated line, and if that is full they'll say call back and disconnect. If that isn't full you go through the automated menus until you hit enough buttons to talk to a person, where you get the mario hold music.

Disguises

Scum said:
Has anyone had a look around inside Impa's house in Kakariko Village? There are illustrations with hints on several aspects of the game stuck everywhere in there, like catching fairies with bottles and such. :lol
I noticed this last night and thought it was awesome. After finding these cool notes, I feel the need to go into all the houses again, even the useless ones.

Glix

DidntKnowJack said:
Finished the Deku Tree, headed out into Hyrule Field. The game really is gorgeous on the 3DS, though I admit after I got into the Deku Tree, I turned off the 3D. It just seemed too finicky to me. If I moved my eye line even slightly, I got a double image. But fortunately, the greatness of this port/remake does not lie in the 3D effect.

I found putting the brightness down to 3 really helped reduce the crosstalk. I love the 3D.

Chocoboko

Got my game and didnt get the CD pop-up when I registered. Kinda mad that they would advertise this all over the site then not even test the thing in different browsers.

Anyways, I am submitting an email, what topic did you all choose, or does it even matter? Club Nintendo > Product Registration > Games?

Glix

Chocoboko said:
Got my game and didnt get the CD pop-up when I registered. Kinda mad that they would advertise this all over the site then not even test the thing in different browsers.

Anyways, I am submitting an email, what topic did you all choose, or does it even matter? Club Nintendo > Product Registration > Games?

Thats exactly what I picked, I'm calling also though.

Muskweeto said:
What an awsome day for me, I get to pick up my preorder of OOT in two hours and I just got my neogaf account accepted. Life is good.

Edit: And the wait is killing me.
Welcome to GAF! Sorry you missed out on posting during E3, but getting in on a new Zelda doesn't seem too bad either.

BY2K said:
Clerk goes, come back with an envelope with a mere 4 copies of OoT. (Seriously, wth.)
It depends on the area you live in. Sometimes in places where a store might not have as much traffic they will only order based on the number of preorders and maybe add a few more to the list.

Haziqonfire said:
Me: "Isn't the pre-order suppose to come with a poster?"
GameStop Employee: "We didn't get any, sorry"
Yeah, same here. I asked about it and the girl at the checkout looked in the back for it. I really appreciated her taking the time, but I should have known better. I've missed out on preorder things there before, so I only have myself to blame. I also had to go through the typical "want to preorder anything?" checklist, but I was the only one in the store so I still managed to get in and out rather fast.

Izayoi said:
People who got the soundtrack, what did you answer to the last question?
I answered "I knew about it ahead of time and bought it early."
I'm on Firefox 4.0.1, and I went to my options and allowed pop-ups for clubnintendo's site before doing the survey.

Finally picked this up. Kind of distressed about the soundtrack offer...it would have been better if it were all fully orchestrated instead of 1 of 50 tracks. Anyway, now to see if this game is truly on the order of a Tolkien masterpiece or as gamers told me, the definitive gaming experience. Soundwise, its kind of sleep inducing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Let's talk more about the game and less about a CD ok?

I love what they did with the whole market. Looks so much better now that it's not prerendered low res backgrounds.

tearsofash

And now I'm on hold. At least it's better than "sorry all the lines are tied up".

I can't wait to start playing this. I've never actually finished it or advanced too terribly far in any play through, but I have always enjoyed it the most out of all the 3D zeldas I've dabbled with.

Top Bottom