• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Typographenia said:
I answered "I knew about it ahead of time and bought it early."
I'm on Firefox 4.0.1, and I went to my options and allowed pop-ups for clubnintendo's site before doing the survey.
Same answer I used, same browser, allowing all pop ups. Soundtrack order confirmed.

Glix said:
Maybe they meant the awful "instruction book"?
Going off of the OP-
preorder_usaos05.jpg

It's not something new or spectacular, but it would have been a much appreciated item.

I might try running into gamestop later today. I remember when MGS4 came out they were supposed to hand out these free booklets, but they never gave anyone at opening one. I went back later and they had them now, saying they had forgotten to get them out. Maybe a manager will show up knowing where the posters were at or something.

Sianos

Jarmel said:
Picked up one from Gamestop. Got a 7 hour roadtrip in front of me. Btw where do I register for the CD.
Club Nintendo.

If you don't get a pop-up, call Nintendo and they'll put it through manually within the next few days.

NSQuote said:
It wouldn't be the same if they changed it. <3
Speaking of changes, the only thing I really want to know is if they changed the
Zora King's
movement speed when
he clears the path to Jabu Jabu
. Can anyone tell me if it's still insanely slow or did they speed it up?

Typographenia said:
I answered "I knew about it ahead of time and bought it early."
I'm on Firefox 4.0.1, and I went to my options and allowed pop-ups for clubnintendo's site before doing the survey.
I answered that way too, but never got the popup. I'm on the phone right now with Nintendo.

megalowho

Heading out for the game in Brooklyn I stopped by the unbranded, Chinese owned game store quickly to see if they might have a copy. Instead of asking me if I preordered or pushing a club card on me, the friendly guy behind the counter told me they'd been selling Zelda 3DS for a few days with plenty left, that they'll sell every game they get early, and to come back soon. Paid in cash, no tax. I think I've found my new local spot for game purchases!

tearsofash

Bisnic said:
I love how Nintendo kept the "Did you get all that? No." as the first option. :lol

Oh shit!? Really? That made me so mad back then. I probably would've had a repeat had I not been reminded just now.

Something peculiar - I'm about to head to
Zora's Domain as an adult
and I haven't seen any Shieka stones since the first one in Kokiri Forest. Am I doing something wrong?

megalowho said:
Heading out for the game in Brooklyn I stopped by the unbranded, Chinese owned game store quickly to see if they might have a copy. Instead of asking me if I preordered or pushing a club card on me, the friendly guy behind the counter told me they'd been selling Zelda 3DS for a few days with plenty left, that they'll sell every game they get early, and to come back soon. Paid in cash, no tax. I think I've found my new local spot for game purchases!

Haha, I should get out of the suburbs.
...most importantly because...I hate taxes. :p

And I didn't get my soundtrack. I sent them an email. Ugh...

sfried

Got through the helpline! SOUNDTRACK GET!

Just to let you know guys, just keep calling and if you get through, they'll ask for your Club Nintendo info to sort this one. Apparently their servers got hammered (YET AGAIN! Have they ever learned from the eShop incident?), so stuff went down.

sfried said:

Just to let you know guys, just keep calling and if you get through, they'll ask for your Club Nintendo info to sort this one. Apparently their servers got hammered (YET AGAIN! Have they ever learned from the eShop incident?), so stuff went down.
Yeah, they told me they sent a message to "Admin" that I wanted the soundtrack and that they would call or email me Monday or Tuesday to confirm that the order is in.

How do I know if im getting the CD?

I registered the game, and did the quick survey asking why I bought it. People keep talkin about some pop up, whats on the pop up?

Im in Canada and using Chrome if that stuff matters.

Izayoi

Banned
sfried said:

Did they say they were sending you the soundtrack or did they tell you that your info had been sent to administration?

Nobiru said:

I registered the game, and did the quick survey asking why I bought it. People keep talkin about some pop up, whats on the pop up?

Im in Canada and using Chrome if that stuff matters.
Once you hit finish a embedded page should pop up and say "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT THE SOUNDTRACK?!" If you didn't get that popup, then you will need to call them.

Alrus

Typographenia said:
Speaking of changes, the only thing I really want to know is if they changed the
Zora King's
movement speed when
he clears the path to Jabu Jabu
. Can anyone tell me if it's still insanely slow or did they speed it up?

It's still ridiculously slow, I still wonder if they did that just to piss off people.

In term of small change, now Navy has the role of telling you to take a break every hour or so. I wish nintendo would quit doing that in all their game, it's pointless and annoying.

Nobiru said:

You should have had a popup open after completing the survey that would ask if you wanted to receive the soundtrack. You would have known if you got it.

Try calling the number listed above 1-800-255-3700 to try contacting NOA. There's been many people that seem to have had success calling, but you just have to keep trying because their lines are really busy currently.

edit: Thanks, Alrus, hahahaha! I always hated that as a kid, but it cracks me up thinking about it every time. I'm glad they kept it that way.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Finally got someone to speak to got a cd. Nintendo did that good little trouble with the website but the phone support was win. Thank you Nintendo.

NOA e-mailed me back from last night. They went ahead and ordered the soundtrack for me since they saw I had already done the survey. They said the CD ships week of July 5th and will take 1-2 weeks to arrive.

Man, you guys need to cool it on the soundtrack deal. There's no way they would leave the offer open for half a month but run our of CDs on the first day. I'm sure they have a number of people they expect to redeem over the course of the month, and have enough CDs to meet that demand (plus a tad extra to be safe).

Docpan

Are they only printing 50k copies of the soundtrack worldwide? Should be locked out soon if that's the case, right? Got mine.

Alrus said:
In term of small change, now Navy has the role of telling you to take a break every hour or so. I wish nintendo would quit doing that in all their game, it's pointless and annoying.
I didn't know they added that. How stupid.

neoism

Futureman said:
I think US box is better. Don't really like that drawing that Japan/EU got.
yeah its rare too EU 99.9% of time gets the better covers. The Us is classic and simple.... it should have been gold though. :/

Glix

Finally got someone. If you call and get the message that starts "In order to route your call better..." you will be able to get to an operator, if not, just hang up and call back.

The operator I got was aware of the issue, verified my info, and told me I would surely get my CD.

I'm happy that that part of it was painless, but really Nintendo, a support line that tells you to call back later is not acceptable.

Glix

StrikerObi said:
Man, you guys need to cool it on the soundtrack deal. There's no way they would leave the offer open for half a month but run our of CDs on the first day. I'm sure they have a number of people they expect to redeem over the course of the month, and have enough CDs to meet that demand (plus a tad extra to be safe).

Its attitudes like this that lead to people not getting stuff. Just sayin, I'd rather be safe then sorry, especially with something cool like this.

I always smile when I see my master quest Gamecube case on the shelf.

Glix said:
Finally got someone. If you call and get the message that starts "In order to route your call better..." you will be able to get to an operator, if not, just hang up and call back.

The operator I got was aware of the issue, verified my info, and told me I would surely get my CD.

I'm happy that that part of it was painless, but really Nintendo, a support line that tells you to call back later is not acceptable.
Yeah, I can't believe they just say call back.

In relation to all this crap, I had to post this...
reggie_i_dunno.jpg

snesfreak

Banned
Zelda get!
Didn't get the popup but I contracted them so it should be taken care of.
And tomorrow I'll have another copy, don't know what I'll do with it.
Maybe just leave it sealed up like my sealed copy of the collector's disc.

zigg

Glix said:

It is really about the only option when you run out of staff to take the calls and you can't hold people in queue for hours. I had pretty much the same experience and I'm cool with it.

Anyway, I did have time to take down Queen Gohma before putting it down for now... really impressed with the work they've done on it! It's taking me a little bit to get used to tapping the upper-left touch button to look around though.

Top Bottom