• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu shit guys do they mail to Po boxes... :( I just realized I used my Po box instead of my house address.

Glix

Big Papa Husker said:
Yeah, I can't believe they just say call back.

In relation to all this crap, I had to post this...
reggie_i_dunno.jpg

Reggie looks like Bobby Abreu

Alrus

Big Papa Husker said:
Yeah, I can't believe they just say call back.

In relation to all this crap, I had to post this...
reggie_i_dunno.jpg

I always wondered, did he really say "Not my problem" ? Or is it just because of its expression that people use this image?

neoism said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu shit guys do they mail to Po boxes... :( I just realized I used my Po box instead of my house address.
edit: oh. misread.

I would assume it's okay. If it reaches there and they won't deliver it the mailman should leave a note saying they're holding it. I believe.

TriAceJP

6. Why did you decide to purchase The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D? Please tell us in your own words.

Because that Link guy is just so damn fly. He jumps and cuts and rides horses and things. He is all like "hiyaaaaaaaaaah" and Ganon is all "Nooooooo!"

11. Please share with us your first impressions about The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, or any other thoughts and comments you may have. (255 character max)

It is the same thing as it was 13 years ago, with some small alterations. AKA, it is a Nintendo game.

neoism said:
They use the USPS so you will get a note in your PO box saying you have to go to the window to pick it up.

neoism

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
For what it's worth, when I went to pick up my copy, I had to wait behind about 6 people in line; four of them bought OoT and a 3DS.
Awesome news... I'm willing to bet this game sold at least 100k 3DS.. Nintendo please do a New Zelda and MM also....

About the Soundtrack is it just the regular songs from the game or what?
MatthewB92 said:
They use the USPS so you will get a note in your PO box saying do to the window to pick it up.
thanks I haven't even checked in it like a week lol... I use my Home address for everything.

neoism said:
About the Soundtrack is it just the regular songs from the game or what?
The OP's image says 50 tracks from the game, many never before released, and one specially recorded orchestral piece.

Meier, that's just a pop-up asking if you wanted to input previous user data. You might want to go ahead and take the chance to make sure all of your popup things are turned off so the next one will be okay.

edit: You're at the very beginning of the survey. You should have one more section all about the game, and when you submit the survey the popup should happen soon after.

Ashodin

mjc said:
Yeah I didn't get one either. Oh well, its not something to get beat up about.
The poster was shipped late, I think. No GameStop got it.

Meier said:
Is this where the CD registration would have happened? :\
It's after you complete the survey. The Club Nintendo page doesn't "complete" as it loads the survey.

Everything that was said in here previously is true:

-The game's 3D really DOES feel wonderful. Like a magic window into another world. First major cinematic after Deku Tree actually had me say "wow" out loud. I'm seriously, seriously impressed.

-The game is a textbook lesson on game design. Even though I played the original a couple years back you always pick up little game design gems from this one. So incredibly brilliant.

-This is not re-made, just re-mastered. Tons of little details I'm appreciating. It's your favorite game re-polished and at the same time exactly how you always loved it. Example: the interiors of kokiri forest homes are now 3D, but still feel just like they did when pre-rendered. Also, new and more fluid animation for Link and NPCs.

This is amazing.

neoism

Man sucks for some of you about the soundtrack, but I'm sure it will work out. I had the site ready with my serial # in waiting for 3est last night, but I fell asleep lol. I use a ol version of FireFox too. I woke up and though fuck I missed it, but thankfully the pop-up worked. Did any of you guys have no-script on at the time.

Glix said:
Its attitudes like this that lead to people not getting stuff. Just sayin, I'd rather be safe then sorry, especially with something cool like this.

I always smile when I see my master quest Gamecube case on the shelf.

Well I'm not saying you shouldn't register it right away, but some people here are freaking out as if the free CD is more important than the $40 game they just bought. It's just a CD, and it'll be ripped and posted online somewhere the day it comes out. It's not like you'll never hear these songs if you don't get the CD.

-PXG-

You know, I wish I had a son or daughter right now. How cool would it be, especially on Father's Day, to buy OoT for my little one and share my memories of me playing it as a kid. I'd totally do that.

I hope someone, somewhere out there or on GAF is doing that right now.

neoism

Typographenia said:
The OP's image says 50 tracks from the game, many never before released, and one specially recorded orchestral piece.
ok woow that's seems worth all the trouble then. damn though I can't wait for the Skyward Sword OST

Meier

Maxrpg said:
It's after you complete the survey. The Club Nintendo page doesn't "complete" as it loads the survey.
Well poop, I didn't get anything. Used IE since I figured that would be the most standard option and turned off the pop-up blocker.. ugh.

Alrus said:
I always wondered, did he really say "Not my problem" ? Or is it just because of its expression that people use this image?

"To date, global sellthrough for Nintendo DS stands at over 5 million, or more than twice the level for the PSP. Now, I know what some of you are thinking: "Well, the PSP hasn't arrived in Europe yet." So we got there when we said we would, and they didn't. You know what? That's Sony's issue, not my problem." (Reggie Fils-Aime, E3 2005)

Ashodin

Meier said:
Well poop, I didn't get anything. Used IE since I figured that would be the most standard option and turned off the pop-up blocker.. ugh.
I used RockMelt. And I got it. (It's a Chrome offshoot with social stuff built in)

After the pain in the ass picking up this game was, not getting the pop-up for the soundtrack is not helping me feel better.
Sent Nintendo an e-mail. Hopefully they will do something about it tomorrow.

Oh well, time to drown my sorrows in food while I wait for my 3DS to finish charging.

Alrus

Anasui Kishibe said:
"To date, global sellthrough for Nintendo DS stands at over 5 million, or more than twice the level for the PSP. Now, I know what some of you are thinking: "Well, the PSP hasn't arrived in Europe yet." So we got there when we said we would, and they didn't. You know what? That's Sony's issue, not my problem." (Reggie Fils-Aime, E3 2005)

Ah thanks, I was always curious =)

Your order for The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Official Soundtrack has been placed.

Item: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Official Soundtrack

We will begin shipping the soundtrack CD the week of July 5. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the ship date for delivery.

Yay. Anyway, count me as one of those people impressed with the 3D so far.

neoism

JasoNsider said:

-The game's 3D really DOES feel wonderful. Like a magic window into another world. First major cinematic after Deku Tree actually had me say "wow" out loud. I'm seriously, seriously impressed.

-The game is a textbook lesson on game design. Even though I played the original a couple years back you always pick up little game design gems from this one. So incredibly brilliant.

-This is not re-made, just re-mastered. Tons of little details I'm appreciating. It's your favorite game re-polished and at the same time exactly how you always loved it. Example: the interiors of kokiri forest homes are now 3D, but still feel just like they did when pre-rendered. Also, new and more fluid animation for Link and NPCs.

This is amazing.
yeah most definitely great with the 3D it didn't hurt my eyes as bad as last night, but I was drunk and stuff. I played 2 hours this morning and that's about all I'll play at one time, before they do start to hurt a little. The 2D is great too. I am amazed at one thing though. I played this game last when I was 14, now 27. Damn did I remember it sooo much bigger. Hyrule Field in particular is alot smaller than I thought.

Borman

Called Nintendo, lady was extremely helpful, and took care of it. Should hear more soon, but it seems like it will be fine.

Neuromancer said:
I already shut down the window, and it doesn't let me back into the survey. Clicking on the soundtrack offer just gives instructions. Damn it!
Call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

Many people have gotten through and been confirmed for their cd. Just keep calling until you get through.

edit: oh snap, Magicpaint took the Gravijah approved avatar.

So after seeing impressions saying the 3D in this was great, I was kinda hyped up. While the game is awesome, man, fuck the 3D, it looks like garbage. Makes my head feel odd after a little while and nothing seems as perfectly distinct as in 2d, I can always see the faint extra images on the edges of everything.

JasoNsider said:

This is amazing.

I wish thread had more of this and far less soundtrack CD hysteria.

Chatin

My net cut out when I was submitting the survey, so I figured I'd end up screwed, but when I resubmitted the info, it took me to the "Thanks for filling out the survey." screen, then to the Earn Coins screen, and the pop up appeared there.

So glad I don't have to call.

Snapshot King said:
So after seeing impressions saying the 3D in this was great, I was kinda hyped up. While the game is awesome, man, fuck the 3D, it looks like garbage. Makes my head feel odd after a little while and nothing seems as perfectly distinct as in 2d, I can always see the faint extra images on the edges of everything.

Do you have it turned up all the way? I usually keep the 3D at around 50-70%. Anything more than that and the viewing angle is too narrow and it's a pain to keep focused.

TriAceJP

Nintendo should have just included this as a preorder bonus and gave it out with the game.

On a side note, I am very happy "Link" is the default name.

Alrus

Snapshot King said:

You shouldn't get that much ghosting. The only point where there's no way to avoid it seems when there is a bright object on a dark/black background. Otherwise it's usually caused by not holding the screen in the right position.

I mostly play without 3D because there's always a point where I move the screen and everything gets blurry and distracting. Also you can't really use the gyro control with it, and I love the gyro controls, they feel so smooth! But the 3d effect is really nice and I turn it on sometimes, especially during cutscenes and boss intros =P

TriAceJP said:
Nintendo should have just included this as a preorder bonus and gave it out with the game.

I think they wanted people to register the game and do the surveys though.

Glix

Wow, the gyro stuff is GREAT. I am very surprised, it just feels natural and great. The game is so smooth, which is not how I remember it :) I'm very happy and impressed.

and to all the people posting "give me impressions not CD stuff". The CD posts are useful for people looking for information how to go about making sure they get one. YOUR posts are useful to nobody.

Top Bottom