• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda ~The Minish Cap~ Famitsu scan

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I like Minnish Cap and New Link the best. WW isn't bad but I think MC just totally refined it. And who doesn't like mini link from zelda 1?

Zelda 3 link (in that pic) looks like some CDi shit.

Oracles link bows before WW/MC link as far as cartoon style.

Screenboy

I love the New Link design:

Zelda.jpg

-SB

I absolutely hate, this new, Link of the Rings look. I'm definately in the minority - but I think it looks like rather generic BALLS. But hey, if the game is anywhere near as good as the NES/GB games, Link to the Past or Four Swords Adventures (good luck Aonuma) then I won't give a shit.

A land based overworld on the scale of the Wind Waker's great sea, with the kind of great dungeon and overworld design found in those other games I mentioned would blow me away. I really like the sound of the overhead camera in some dungeon areas, returning to 3D for the fighting... could be the best of both worlds.

I think the fields look as worryingly barren as Ocarina of Time's Hyrule Field, and I'm not sure if throwing horseback fighting at you every now and then would fix that... hopefully it would. The woods look far far better than those found in any of the 3d games yet though. Didn't see one wall of trees! Thumbs up!

Eh, it could be a lot worse, even if it is rather 'feminine'.

Look at the bright side, though...at least it's not 'Tom Cruise' Link
link3.jpg

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I hate Oni Link, looks like total shit to me.

I like all the other ones, with the exceptions of SC2 and the MC. Actually the SC2 artwork they have there isn't so bad (isn't it ripped right out of OoT?), it's the actual character model I hate.

The only problem I have with the MC one though is the hood. It just looks so stupid. Give him a normal hood and it's perfectly fine.

Ranger X

All this fight about the value of an art style when there's no "value" in art... Quit the shit.
What's really nice is to see that they come with a new art style for a Zelda almost everything and THIS is what is soo fucking nice. Thank you Nintendo, i'm still not tired of Zelda tks to you.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
SonicMegaDrive said:
To me, OniLink looks like something Todd McFarlane designed.

Exactly. It's like: "Let's jam as much "cool" shit as we can on here...oh and the biggest sword you can imagine. WOOOOO!" Not nearly subtle enough to truly be cool.

Mama Smurf said:
I hate Oni Link, looks like total shit to me.

I like all the other ones, with the exceptions of SC2 and the MC. Actually the SC2 artwork they have there isn't so bad (isn't it ripped right out of OoT?), it's the actual character model I hate.

The only problem I have with the MC one though is the hood. It just looks so stupid. Give him a normal hood and it's perfectly fine.

IAWTP.. but it does work in the realms of MM's universe. Its an alternate world and Link becomes a diety. I'm just glad they're not bringing him back ever.

LOZ is one series that DOES not need a transformation mode ala Dante for powerups/fighter games

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Why is realistic Link suddenly "Angsty" and apparently "Designed the way he is just to be cool and a badass"? Pfffft.

Link_and_Epona.jpg

OH TEH NOS LOOK AT ALL THE ANGST

I love Ocarina of Time. And I love Wind Waker. Let's appreciate and enjoy the great variety the Zelda series offers.

I can find as much appreciation for semi-realistic/anime art as I can with the more colorful/fantasy art. I like each for different reasons.

Besides, we know that no matter what style a Zelda game takes on, it's going to be beautiful and immersive in it's own way.

AniHawk

TheGreenGiant said:
LOZ is one series that DOES not need a transformation mode ala Dante for powerups/fighter games

Oni Link was completely optional though. Even when you got all the masks, you didn't have to get *and wear* the Fierce Deity Mask. Of all the Link designs of the OoT era (Adult Link, Goron Link, Zora Link, Deku Link, Kid Link, Oni Link, and SC II Link), I think Oni Link looks the best.

AniHawk

MrCheez said:
Why is realistic Link suddenly "Angsty" and apparently "Designed the way he is just to be cool and a badass"? Pfffft.

Link_and_Epona.jpg

OH TEH NOS LOOK AT ALL THE ANGST

I love Ocarina of Time. And I love Wind Waker. Let's appreciate and enjoy the great variety the Zelda series offers.

I can find as much appreciation for semi-realistic/anime art as I can with the more colorful/fantasy art. I like each for different reasons.

Besides, we know that no matter what style a Zelda game takes on, it's going to be beautiful and immersive in it's own way.

I didn't really like the OoT art when the new art came out. It just has a lot more style and detail. Link looks different in-game than he did in OoT as well. The Wind Waker's Link was stylish looking, but new Link's got style and he looks cool. I don't see anything angsty about him. Looks like he's thinking to me, not angry.

Takuan

Yeah, the handheld Zelda games are the only ones I've ever given a hoot about. Bring on the Minish Cap! The only downside is I'll have to buy either an SP or DS to play this, and I really don't want to buy a DS. I wish we had that Cobalt SP for $50 deal here in Canada.

Top Bottom