• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

Is that really *all* you got that though? Like you said you got an actual much better look at the Asari, her VO, first look at a Remnant vault, name of one of the planets, a look at the scanning mechanic, a look at the new locomotion animation tech, male Ryder's VO, VO from one of the other squadmates, a look at not one but two different Remnant units, and a little tease on the story.

Obviously it wasn't action packed and was meant as a tech demo more than anything but I wouldn't say there wasn't 'much of anything'. November's almost here.

#soon

Hey! Just wondering... can you give us a little insight on romance in the game? Please?

Well given that there was plenty of actual nudity in Dragon Age: Inquisition (which people surprisingly didn't get upset about) you can probably assume the space-romance stuff is going to be ramped up to 11 for Andromeda.

DOWN

Banned
Maybe it's just me but the news of a solid PS4 Pro interest for Andromeda by BioWare and that footage are both holdin me over very well until our next drop of footage or a GameInformer blowout

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well given that there was plenty of actual nudity in Dragon Age: Inquisition (which people surprisingly didn't get upset about) you can probably assume the space-romance stuff is going to be ramped up to 11 for Andromeda.

By actual nudity, I assume boobs and butts like Witcher 3? I don't except to see more than this though. I really hope we don't get to see alien boobs though(other than Asaris, because they're just blue humans after all).

By actual nudity, I assume boobs and butts like Witcher 3? I don't except to see more than this though. I really hope we don't get to see alien boobs though(other than Asaris, because they're just blue humans after all).

Yeah, still tamer than The Witcher 3 but it was there.

None of the previous games showed nipples and I don't expect Andromeda to be any more risque than that. Plus, why would they need to show anything when you know the fan art will have all that covered and more? lol

We gun get freakalicious.

iD9Md4V.jpg

HmYzSf8.jpg

Bisnic

A lot of blue butts on a single screen?

Oh god, Asari orgies.

That or nude alien bar. Nah... definitely orgies.

Mediking

Can't even get the name of the Asari, so don't expect much details about this. ;)

You remember that plant they scanned in the video? You can romance it.

We gun get freakalicious.

iD9Md4V.jpg

HmYzSf8.jpg

Awww yeah!!!! :D

Bisnic

I say we take "Let's call it what it is. Alien sex" or "That's a lot of blue butts on a screen" as one of the title for the OT. Whoever makes it.

I don't think there's any doubt on who's making the OT. It's shinobi.
Heh, I'm actually not this time.

I was signed up to do it back in 2014, but after I took a self-ban hiatus from GAF that year and returned a few months later, someone else had jumped in and claimed it. Sucks but I'll be collaborating with him on it too :)

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Let's call it what it is: alien sex

Hmmmm

I dig it, but first OT titles should be a little more... serious. Jokey OT titles are for OT2+

I wish they didn't place so much visual emphasis on that.

DevilDog

I will never forgive Bioware for the Tali is secretly a sexy space elf betrayal.

Haha. Someone make the pain stop.

The Asari are just awful in general.

Need to be purged from the universe so we can be left with cool aliens like the Elcor taking centre stage.

I think they did a good job setting up every race in ME1 and the asari got really fleshed out in ME3, especially in the scene with Javik at the Thessia Temple. It was great witnessing the fall of a religion.

And the Elchor always struck me as some kind of a joke race they had to do due to budget cuts. It came out well though I gotta say, but I wouldn't want them on center stage.

I would want them on this stage though:

stagetheater.jpg

insincere endorsement

I think sexing aliens is a good reason to explore space and I'm glad it's part of game. I think it allows us to expand our definitions and parameters of sex. Like Asari sex,which is more mental than physical but with same "release". That's sci-fi folks. Even if it's taboo topic in some ways.

Human sex in this series is a tad boring.

Sou Da

I will never forgive Bioware for the Tali is secretly a sexy space elf betrayal.

The Asari are just awful in general.

Need to be purged from the universe so we can be left with cool aliens like the Elcor taking centre stage.

That's an easy retcon waiting to be made though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It is a great crime that I will not get to do the OT, but I'll always have my N7 day arts.

I'm probably going to buy Mass Effect on xbox, just so I have it to replay on Scorpio.

But, I'm going to regret not getting to play the prettier Pro version first.

I'll probably buy and play it twice.

AyzOn

Neo Member
Which could mean they're species-specific, or just that the effort involved multiple ships, and each ship was mixed-race.

Gah I wanna know moooooooore

That makes me hope they are mixed race and you get to discover those arks.
Not like the ME2 start where you wake up in a space station (?) and it blows up right away.

That makes me hope they are mixed race and you get to discover those arks.
Not like the ME2 start where you wake up in space station (?) and it blows up right away.

I'm honestly expecting the Andromeda fleet to break up, sending you on a quest to reconnect different colonies with varying outlooks.

Patryn

As I currently replay the trilogy, I'm wondering: What's the thread opinion on the boss fights? Which is your favorite? Moreoever, do you think any of them are actually good?

I love this series to absolute death, but I'm honestly not sure if I like any of the boss battles.

Fruitster

I would say that almost none of the boss fights were particularly good, at least the ones that ended the games weren't. Robo-Saren was a bit of a strange one, and the human Reaper was just a bit daft. Mass Effect 3 didn't have one as such and that was probably all the better.

Best boss fight in the trilogy was probably Tela Vasir.

None of them were difficult either. One random Krogan Battlemaster (Therum) was a tougher fight than any of the bosses over the whole trilogy.

Can't really think of any good boss fights from the series tbh. They all were repetitive or just not fun to begin with.

The closest thing that's occurring to me is taking down that
Reaper on Rannoch
and that's more because of the spectacle than the gameplay aspect of it tbh.

What's wrong with fighting reaper saren? I always have a bit of good fun with that fight, espcially when you use biotics like lift and singularity and just see him floating around while you take shotgun shots.

More importantly I'm not sure why boss battles are even a concern, I hate how people put so much of an emphasis on them.

diaspora

What's wrong with fighting reaper saren? I always have a bit of good fun with that fight, espcially when you use biotics like lift and singularity and just see him floating around while you take shotgun shots.

More importantly I'm not sure why boss battles are even a concern, I hate how people put so much of an emphasis on them.

There's nothing particularly special about that fight one way or another. It's not about anything "wrong" with it as much as it wasn't a particularly interesting or challenging fight. Part of that lies in the shit combat of the game to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom