• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been a reachout to the fanbase for PAX for a closed-doors session. I know that they did something with PAX East.

Game's way further now and probably at a point where such feedback isn't as directly valuable though.

I'm kind of assuming they're intending to ramp up unveils as they go through N7 day and Spring 2015, since the game should be entering full production at this point with the ramp down on Dragon Age: Inquisition, so they can also just get feedback from everyone pretty soon anyway.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Looks like Dragon Age Inquisition won't support Bioware points. This is good news for the next Mass Effect!

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/512225-bioware-points-are-not-supported-by-dragon-age-inquisition/

Based on user feedback, beginning with Dragon Age: Inquisition, BioWare Points will no longer be supported as a means to purchase DLC. This applies to PC or Mac only, as consoles will continue to support their respective methods of purchasing downloadable content. Instead of using BioWare Points, PC and Mac users can purchase future DLC directly through Origin, using currency.

Players can still buy and use BioWare Points for existing BioWare games that already support their use. Please see below for a full list of supported titles.

We are notifying all players of this change well in advance of Dragon Age: Inquisition’s release to avoid any confusion.

List of BioWare titles that support BioWare Points:

Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3

EyaMyKX.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Of course. New engine. Advanced rendering capabilities. *breath* Very pretty.

Parley

Banned
I was just thinking about this topic. I love ME. It is my favorite game series from last gen....the first one made me get into PC gaming all over again. It was such an improvement over the console versions that I stared to buy everything on PC if it was available.

As long as they keep improving their AI and give some deeper RPG customization I will be happy.

Bisnic

KB/M is better for aiming and having more powers keybinds anyway. I barely have to use the Power Wheel while playing.

But more options is always good i guess. :)

Bisnic

BTW, is Gamble now the lead man now that Casey is gone? I really am sad that Casey "Mass Effect" Hudson is gone from BioWare. I mean he created the frickin franchise from nothing.

He wasn't alone in building that franchise, so even if he's gone, others are still there. Although I have no idea who is left from the original ME team that are helping Bioware Montreal.

foxtrot3d

Banned
He wasn't alone in building that franchise, so even if he's gone, others are still there. Although I have no idea who is left from the original ME team that are helping Bioware Montreal.

Well of course he wasn't alone but it all started with him. Star Wars wasn't just the sole megalomaniac efforts of George Lucas (despite what he or others believe), but the series all started with him and his singular vision. Casey Hudson created and built Mass Effect so it's just sad that he wont be there to continue to shape the series.

Still, I'm wondering who has taken his place as director/executive producer.

wolfhowwl

Banned
Well of course he wasn't alone but it all started with him. Star Wars wasn't just the sole megalomaniac efforts of George Lucas (despite what he or others believe), but the series all started with him and his singular vision. Casey Hudson created and built Mass Effect so it's just sad that he wont be there to continue to shape the series.

Still, I'm wondering who has taken his place as director/executive producer.

Not that we shouldn't appreciate his integral role with getting this franchise started but the series was such a scattered mess that it might be for the best that Casey has moved on.

Paganmoon

In the mean time give us the trilogy on PS4/X1 with all DLC

OR

OR

OR

controller support for PC.....

With what upgrades? the games looked like crap on high-end PC too, maybe PS4/X1 version where you can holster or weapon and re-add film grain so it doesn't look so plasticy?

I was disappointed in ME3 didn't have film grain :(

With what upgrades? the games looked like crap on high-end PC too, maybe PS4/X1 version where you can holster or weapon and re-add film grain so it doesn't look so plasticy?
Looked like crap? Seriously? They look fantastic maxed out...

In any case, for PS4/X1, bring them up to native 1080p, 60fps, higher resolution textures, maybe tweak the lighting a bit, include all DLC, etc. There's a lot they can do.

Edwardo

Just thought I would bump this with the DLC sale going on this week on Xbox360:

http://majornelson.com/2014/09/23/weeks-deals-gold-11/

Just the main campaign style DLC, none of the appearance or weapon packs are on sale.

EDIT: Looks like Overlord is also NOT on sale. Odd.

Nice. I ended up picking up all the dlc earlier in the year. I bought an Xbox One, but I didn't sell my 360 in hopes I could finish all the downloadable content I bought.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

In any case, for PS4/X1, bring them up to native 1080p, 60fps, higher resolution textures, maybe tweak the lighting a bit, include all DLC, etc. There's a lot they can do.

I'd honestly replay all 3 if this happened.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Give us all of that AND incorporate the MEHEM and Citadel Epilogue MOD.

Yeah, that would make a lot of people happy!

For me to be interested in rebuying the trilogy they would need to do some serious changes other than including DLC and upping the res/framerate (which I can already do on PC). An official texture pack for all three games, some meaningful changes to UI and the inclusion of gamepad support would be good starters.

Trey

Just picked up the Citadel DLC on sale and it's fantastic.

One thing I need to know: is the name of one of the varren race dogs - "Optimistically, will win" - a Black Dynamite reference?

Because I swear on everything I will bet on that dog until it wins if this is so.

For me to be interested in rebuying the trilogy they would need to do some serious changes other than including DLC and upping the res/framerate (which I can already do on PC). An official texture pack for all three games, some meaningful changes to UI and the inclusion of gamepad support would be good starters.
Same here. It would be fantastic if they could dump at least ME1 on ME3's engine and use its RPG/Combat mechanics, but I doubt they would do that.

Same here. It would be fantastic if they could dump at least ME1 on ME3's engine and use its RPG/Combat mechanics, but I doubt they would do that.

Would be too much work, they'd have to redo much of the game because so many story and dialogue things are gated behind persuade mechanics or decrypt/electronics locks that aren't in ME3. That would be bordering on full remake territory.

Which I'd be ok with, I just doubt they'd do it.

Patryn

Given that you can't even holster your weapon in ME3 and that ME1 actually blurs the conversation/exploration and combat elements unlike ME2 and ME3, I'm not sure that's possible.

Mindlog

The only thing that would get me to rebuy was if the multiplayer manifest were ported cross-platform and that's never happening.

Ghazi

I'll be so mad if they announce a remaster, since I just bought all the DLC on sale on the 360. Would be kinda lame.

I don't think you have to worry about an HD remaster.

I can't even remember the last time EA did a remaster.
They'd have to port the trilogy over to Frostbite since they don't own any UE licenses anymore anyway. It'd be a huge undertaking that I don't think will happen.

royalan

OMG - there's been a lot of new posts in the Mass Effect thread since the last time I checked it! Maybe there's been some news! Or some tweeted character models...or maybe even a screenshot! OMG - I can't wait to click this thread. Let me get me excitement blankey first...Ok, here we go...clicking now....omg omg omg!

91FdVQp.png

They are such teases. :(

Kimaka

Just thought I would bump this with the DLC sale going on this week on Xbox360:

http://majornelson.com/2014/09/23/weeks-deals-gold-11/

Just the main campaign style DLC, none of the appearance or weapon packs are on sale.

EDIT: Looks like Overlord is also NOT on sale. Odd.

The DLC is finally on sale? Oh, you need Gold. I wouldn't have minded picking up Citadel to see what all the hype is about and Origin isn't likely to match the sale.

hoserx

I've been on a ME kick again recently. It has recently occurred to me that this is my favorite game-series of all time. Can't wait for ME4......so I'm replaying 2 and 3 again.

Bisnic

I've been on a ME kick again recently. It has recently occurred to me that this is my favorite game-series of all time. Can't wait for ME4......so I'm replaying 2 and 3 again.

What about ME1 man? All about exploration, atmosphere and the best story and soundtrack of the trilogy.

Just talking about it wants me to start a trilogy run. Again. For the XXth time.

Maledict

I find it utterly impossible to replay ME1 now. The exploration isn't there at all on a replay - everything is just the same barren world with a cardboard box base copy and pasted somewhere in it.

Combine that with the really awful combat mechanics, and it just makes it impossible to go back to - even though I have such fond memories of my first play through.

(Plus ME2 soundtrack is very slightly better! ;-) )

Patryn

I find it utterly impossible to replay ME1 now. The exploration isn't there at all on a replay - everything is just the same barren world with a cardboard box base copy and pasted somewhere in it.

Combine that with the really awful combat mechanics, and it just makes it impossible to go back to - even though I have such fond memories of my first play through.

Really? That's an opinion I haven't really seen that much.

Nothing wrong with it, just surprised.

Bisnic

I dunno, other than the suicide mission and the Illusive man theme, ME2 soundtrack isnt as memorable as ME1. I can barely remember the other musics.

Kimaka

I dunno, other than the suicide mission and the Illusive man theme, ME2 soundtrack isnt as memorable as ME1. I can barely remember the other musics.

Outside of the licensed club tracks, the ME2 and ME3 soundtracks were very forgettable. The few songs I remember liking were just paying homage to tracks in ME1 and I would rather listen to those instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom