• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Homerun Derby > All-Star game this year...

*goes back to playing NCAA football 2005*

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Given up on your team already? Well, you hung in there for a long time, considering you cheer for the Astros. :p

:(

Willco

Hollywood Square
Like ORIOLES fans! We know nothing is going to happen this year, but NEXT YEAR is when the magic happens! Go O's, go!

Mrbob

Willco said:
Since I've been born. I live in Maryland. It's the only baseball team I've ever known.

That is a bit...depressing.

You need to root for a team that has a chance for the world series championship in the next 5 years like the Cubs.

Fifty

You're telling a lifelong fan to jump ship and join a bandwagon? Surely you jest, as what Willco is doing is what sports is all about :D

His team will win soon enough.

Mrbob

Fifty said:
You're telling a lifelong fan to jump ship and join a bandwagon? Surely you jest, as what Willco is doing is what sports is all about :D

His team will win soon enough.

Uhhh I hope you just didn't talk about the Cubs and bandwagon. Orioles suffering is nothing compared to that of a Cubs fan!

Thaedolus

CAN CLEMENS DO NO WRONG? With the pregame shit being everything Clemens, including him being the sole NL representative in the little intro bit, you'd think that someone would say something about him getting SHELLED. I'm so sick of hearing about him, has it occurred to anyone that all his success is coming in the league that hasn't faced him before, and what a surprise, the AL knocked him around like the 41 year old has-been he is.

Call me bitter, but I think the 95% Clemens, 5% else coverage was horrific, and letting the opposing pitcher come up in the first inning is all I needed to see. Clemens sucks, he has for a few years now, and people need to stop bending over for him.

Oh, and I'm sick of networks making up 'first time' shit to get me excited. "This is the first time in the history of baseball that we have two starting pitchers who are both over 6 ft with one being a lefty and one being a righty!!! Something you can tell the grandkids about folks..." Geez, give it a rest.

FINALLY, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver, the Phil Simms of MLB announcing, are the worst announcers in baseball. Joe sounds like he wants to go home all the time, and if I was Ted Lilly, I would be pissed. He added him onto the end of the AL roster in a muffled footnote. "T-Mac" (rolls eyes) is the single most annoying color commentary ever and I think his new dye job has invigorated his annoy chip. Screw him and his whiny ass high pitched voice.

McCarver: WE SEE HERE FOLKS THAT WHEN YOU HAVE AN INFIELD WHERE THE DIRT IS FROM KANSAS, THE GROUNDBALLS WILL KARIM EVER SO SLIGHTLY TO THE LEFT, MAKING SHORT STOP A HAZARDOUS POSITION TO PLAY. WE'LL SEE IF THIS EFFECTS MY GAY LOVER DEREK JETER TONIGHT, BUT I'M HOPING HE'S IN A GOOD MOOD BECAUSE I NEED SOME OF HIS SWEET BAT IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Buck: i guess so whatever man life sucks i just want to end it sometimes u no? shit i dont even no wut im doin here baseball is pointless luck of the draw, oh barry bonds just hit one, gone whoopty do hes on steroids newayz

McCarver: BARRY BONDS? OH THAT GUY'S THE GREATEST HITTER OF ALL TIME, TRUST ME I KNOW. I USED TO BE A MAJOR LEAGUER SO I KNOW WHO CAN HIT. BUT GETTING BACK TO DEREK JETER, THAT'S ONE KID I WOULD LIKE TO HIT...OR HE CAN HIT ME, EITHER WAY. THE KID HAS A MASSIVE C-...

*Storms off in a rage*

Thaedolus said:
CAN CLEMENS DO NO WRONG? With the pregame shit being everything Clemens, including him being the sole NL representative in the little intro bit, you'd think that someone would say something about him getting SHELLED. I'm so sick of hearing about him, has it occurred to anyone that all his success is coming in the league that hasn't faced him before, and what a surprise, the AL knocked him around like the 41 year old has-been he is.

Call me bitter, but I think the 95% Clemens, 5% else coverage was horrific, and letting the opposing pitcher come up in the first inning is all I needed to see. Clemens sucks, he has for a few years now, and people need to stop bending over for him.

Oh, and I'm sick of networks making up 'first time' shit to get me excited. "This is the first time in the history of baseball that we have two starting pitchers who are both over 6 ft with one being a lefty and one being a righty!!! Something you can tell the grandkids about folks..." Geez, give it a rest.

FINALLY, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver, the Phil Simms of MLB announcing, are the worst announcers in baseball. Joe sounds like he wants to go home all the time, and if I was Ted Lilly, I would be pissed. He added him onto the end of the AL roster in a muffled footnote. "T-Mac" (rolls eyes) is the single most annoying color commentary ever and I think his new dye job has invigorated his annoy chip. Screw him and his whiny ass high pitched voice.

McCarver: WE SEE HERE FOLKS THAT WHEN YOU HAVE AN INFIELD WHERE THE DIRT IS FROM KANSAS, THE GROUNDBALLS WILL KARIM EVER SO SLIGHTLY TO THE LEFT, MAKING SHORT STOP A HAZARDOUS POSITION TO PLAY. WE'LL SEE IF THIS EFFECTS MY GAY LOVER DEREK JETER TONIGHT, BUT I'M HOPING HE'S IN A GOOD MOOD BECAUSE I NEED SOME OF HIS SWEET BAT IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Buck: i guess so whatever man life sucks i just want to end it sometimes u no? shit i dont even no wut im doin here baseball is pointless luck of the draw, oh barry bonds just hit one, gone whoopty do hes on steroids newayz

McCarver: BARRY BONDS? OH THAT GUY'S THE GREATEST HITTER OF ALL TIME, TRUST ME I KNOW. I USED TO BE A MAJOR LEAGUER SO I KNOW WHO CAN HIT. BUT GETTING BACK TO DEREK JETER, THAT'S ONE KID I WOULD LIKE TO HIT...OR HE CAN HIT ME, EITHER WAY. THE KID HAS A MASSIVE C-...

*Storms off in a rage*

LOL!!! Excellent. I actually fell asleep during the game.

siege

Banned
The Fox announcers have the biggest fucking hardon for the Yankees - it makes me sick. I refuse to watch any game on Fox.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Thaedolus said:

*Storms off in a rage*

LMAO. Classic. oh man

Kettch

Garciaparra would be nice to have, depending on what prospects we would give up. He would allow us to keep Patterson batting 7th full time, where he's best suited to drive in runs. I do think Gonzalez will be adequate for us when he gets back though, a .240 average looks awesome next to the .160 of Ordonez.

Miguel

Good god....

Rudy to the hated Lakers
Nomar to the hated Cubs

2004 = the year that everyone turned traitor against MiG. :(

Miguel said:
Good god....

Rudy to the hated Lakers
Nomar to the hated Cubs

Hey, we still have 88 games to fire the batting coach, then Jimy Williams, and then go on a tear not seen since the 2002 Oakland A's.

Mrbob

Miguel said:
Good god....

Rudy to the hated Lakers
Nomar to the hated Cubs

Cheer up. It sounds like Jimmy may be getting the axe today. I would laugh my ass off is Grady Little is his replacement.

Anyway, is there another link to that trade article? I don't feel like signing up to the NY TIMES. I hope we don't have to give up one of our starting pitchers for NOMAH. On the Chicago Sports radio there are too many fools willing to trade Matt Clement for NOMAH. Rusch did a fantastic job, but I don't want to see him in the starting rotation anymore.

Matrix

WOOOOOOOOO HE'S GONE !!!! *celebrate good times come on!!!!!!!!*

Whatever,Garner will most likely just coach out this sad season and he's not even close to being as dumb as jimy.

Also props for letting a former astro coach,maybe he can bring it Dierker style :p

DUDE BRINGS THE STASH AND WITH STASH COMES VICTORY
Garner_Phil_01.jpg

Matrix

"The houston station also reported Astros hitting coach Harry Spilman and pitching coach Burt Hooton were expected to be relieved of their duties Wednesday and replaced by Gary Gaetti and Jim Hickey, respectively."

FUCK BYE BYE YOU HORRIBLE HITTING COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Matrix said:
"The houston station also reported Astros hitting coach Harry Spilman and pitching coach Burt Hooton were expected to be relieved of their duties Wednesday and replaced by Gary Gaetti and Jim Hickey, respectively."

I label this "Best God Damn News I Have Heard All Damn Day"

But couldn't we have got that batting coach for the mets to manage the team, he seems to know his shit about hitting.

Mrbob

ConfusingJazz said:
I label this "Best God Damn News I Have Heard All Damn Day"

But couldn't we have got that batting coach for the mets to manage the team, he seems to know his shit about hitting.

No. The Mets will not let Don Baylor go.

Cheer up. It sounds like Jimmy may be getting the axe today. I would laugh my ass off is Grady Little is his replacement.

Anyway, is there another link to that trade article? I don't feel like signing up to the NY TIMES. I hope we don't have to give up one of our starting pitchers for NOMAH. On the Chicago Sports radio there are too many fools willing to trade Matt Clement for NOMAH. Rusch did a fantastic job, but I don't want to see him in the starting rotation anymore.

I guess everyone's expecting Angel Guzman to be the stud people have always thought he would be. That being said, I think we should keep Clement; he's a known quantity (of quality) and his slider is probably the dirtiest out pitch on the staff. Nomah would be great, but our lineup needs some lefty balance.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Some ESPN insider up in hurr about Johnson:

MLB Insider...July 13: A-Rod hopes to land Unit; Home field

Salesman A-Rod hopes to land Unit
By Jerry Crasnick

HOUSTON -- Alex Rodriguez just opened a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Houston, and he's about to strike a deal with Topps that will make him the face of the baseball card company through 2007. Besides those ventures and partnerships with Mennen, Atari and Kraft Foods, he's had to navigate the extraordinary cost of living in New York on $25 million a year. The players union must be aghast.

"Alex wanted to spend this year earning his pinstripes, so to speak," said Steve Fortunato, Rodriguez's marketing representative. "All he cares about is winning the World Series."

So far, so focused. New York leads the majors in winning percentage with a 55-31 record, and Rodriguez is one of eight Yankees in Houston for the 2004 All-Star Game. It would be impossible for anyone to fulfill the expectations of early A-Rod mania, but Rodriguez has been a model citizen and a major contributor to baseball's best team.

Alex Rodriguez is looking to share the joy that goes along with wearing pinstripes while at the All-Star Game.

By all accounts, A-Rod has lived in peace and harmony with Yankees captain and shortstop Derek Jeter. He survived his first Fenway Park visit as a member of the Evil Empire, learned the names of all the team beat writers in record time, and made the switch from shortstop to third base without suffering a busted nose or a fractured ego.

While Rodriguez's .270 average is nearly 40 points below his career mark and he's squeezed the bat a little too often with men on base, why nitpick? With 22 home runs at the break, he has a chance to become the second right-handed hitter in club history to hit 40 homers in a season.

The first: Another suave, impeccably dressed gentleman by the name of Joe DiMaggio.

Still, A-Rod and his teammates know that only one item on the checklist will define their season as a failure or success. A man can cash the biggest checks, hit the most homers and endorse more household products than any of his peers. But if that man plays for the Yankees, he's ultimately perceived as a failure if he doesn't win the World Series.

"This team will not stop until our mission in October is over," said Rodriguez, in a declaration straight out of the George Steinbrenner playbook.

Getting Randy Johnson would help, he knows.

The Yankees have money, tradition and a hole in their rotation so big you could drive Roger Clemens' Hummer through it. Kevin Brown has an intestinal parasite, Jose Contreras has a 5.64 ERA, and lots of days Mike Mussina pitches as if time has finally caught up with him. The Yankees look like a team destined to outscore the opposition consistently enough to win 105 games in the regular season, then fall short in October because they lack the starting pitching to get the ball to a terrific bullpen.

So it's no wonder that A-Rod, Jeter, Gary Sheffield and all the other New York players in Houston (along with Boston's representatives) were grilled incessantly about Johnson during Monday's All-Star media session.

Do they think Randy will be traded to New York (or Boston)? What impact will Randy have on the postseason picture if he comes to New York (or Boston)? There was so much Randy Johnson-related talk, an hour passed and no one even mentioned "BALCO."

Yankees players, some more tamper-resistant than others, alternately salivated or danced around the topic. Mariano Rivera said earlier this week that the Yankees want Johnson, need him, and that "Mr. George" will do anything to get him.

While Jeter seemed antsy discussing Johnson, Sheffield emphasized the Yankees' lobbying advantage in Houston. "We have a pretty large contingent of All-Stars here," Sheffield said. "I'm sure somebody will reach out to him."

Since Boston has only three All-Stars -- Curt Schilling, David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez -- the Red Sox might have to resort to a zone defense.

“ There's no question he'd be welcome. Randy (Johnson) and I are good buddies. If we cross paths here, I might say hello. ”
— Alex Rodriguez

And A-Rod?

"There's no question he'd be welcome," Rodriguez said. "Randy and I are good buddies. If we cross paths here, I might say hello."

Rodriguez and Johnson were teammates in Seattle from 1994-98, on teams that included Ken Griffey Jr. and Edgar Martinez and won two AL West titles.

In 1997, Johnson and Rodriguez played for the American League All-Star squad in Cleveland. Rodriguez was 21 years old, a former No. 1 draft pick heralded by predictions of greatness. Johnson, 33, had spent years in Montreal trying to overcome control problems before establishing himself as one of baseball's dominant starters in Seattle.

On a red-eye flight from Ohio home to the state of Washington, they had a lengthy discussion. And Johnson shared some insights that resonated.

"The one thing that stuck -- and surprised me -- was that I hadn't really thought about how much veteran players have to work," Rodriguez said. "We spoke for 2½ hours, and an hour of the conversation was about the work ethic and commitment it takes to be the best and stay at the top of your game. That's what really stuck in my mind."

For all the talk of Rodriguez's paycheck, he took a risk in forsaking the comfort of shortstop for the foreign turf of third base this season. Yankees reliever Tom Gordon recalls coming to the park early in spring training and watching Rodriguez working tirelessly on the nuances of his new position, just because he's built that way.

Rodriguez still isn't entirely comfortable at third, but he's already considered Gold Glove-caliber at the position. "I played with Alex for three years, so nothing he does surprises me," said Rangers shortstop Michael Young. "He's just too good not to take to anything he does on a baseball field."

Rodriguez didn't have to come to New York to realize that the tension gets ramped up a notch when the subject is baseball. He compared the early-season fervor at Yankees-Red Sox games with a college football atmosphere -- say, Miami vs. Florida State or Texas vs. Texas A&M.

And the thing is, there's never a breather. As if the Red Sox and Yankees don't spend enough time competing to win games or just plain detesting each other, now they're sparring over a 6-10 left-hander with Hall of Fame credentials and a mullet.

Maybe Johnson will stay in Arizona and the insanity will subside. Maybe he'll wind up with the Anaheim Angels. Maybe Boston. Or maybe Mr. George will get his way and Alex Rodriguez will be joined by an old Seattle friend very shortly.

"I make a habit not to think for other people or try to make predictions," Rodriguez said. "But I know how we feel about Randy Johnson."

Duly noted.

Home-field reward has definite merits
By Rick Sutcliffe

Last year's All-Star Game was the best we've seen in recent memory, with the American League rallying in the late innings for a 7-6 victory. The entertainment and excitement led right up to the last out.

It was, of course, the first time that the winning league received the home-field advantage in the World Series. Commissioner Bud Selig deserves lots of credit because the game is no longer viewed as simply an exhibition contest.

As good as last year's game was, this year's has the potential to be even better.

Major League Baseball had to do something about the All-Star Game.
Roger Clemens, named Monday to be the NL starter after 10 AL All-Star appearances, will pitch to Mike Piazza ... as battery mates this time, not with any beanballs or broken bats on the docket.

Until Ken Griffey Jr. strained his hamstring, the NL outfield had an unprecedented three starters with 500 career home runs (including Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa). But even in Griffey's absence, there will be plenty of firepower.

Each year in the Midsummer Classic, I love seeing the emerging young players who are making their mark on major-league baseball -- guys like Texas Rangers third baseman Hank Blalock and his teammate, shortstop Michael Young, as well as Cleveland Indians catcher Victor Martinez and Tampa Bay Devil Rays outfielder Carl Crawford. These are great, great stories.

Remember, Blalock hit the game-winning homer in last year's All-Star game off Los Angeles Dodgers closer Eric Gagne (no, that blown save didn't count against Gagne's consecutive-saves streak that was stopped this week at 84).

There's been plenty of debate about the experimental two-year, home-field format. And plenty of people say MLB should scrap it after this season. But I'll tell you something: If this year's All-Star Game is half as good as last year's game, then there's something to be said for giving the winning league that home-field edge in the Series. For whatever reason, the 2003 edition was one of the best All-Star Games I can remember.

Sure, there are better ways to award the home field. Most people agreed last year that the team that wins the most regular-season games should get home-field advantage in October. That team earns it over an entire season (as opposed to the league getting it in a single game).

But Major League Baseball had to do something about the All-Star Game. That was the point. Some All-Stars were starting the game, taking their private jets home after being replaced in the third inning and watching the rest of the game on TV. That had to change, and it did change last year.

Plus, so many teams are in the playoff hunt at the halfway point this season that the All-Star Game and its home-field reward will be more important to more players who are there. Thirteen teams are within five games of a wild-card spot and three others are within six-and-a-half games. So, counting the six division leaders, 22 of the 30 MLB teams are in the hunt for that October postseason.

The home-field reward brings the intensity back to the All-Star Game.
True, since MLB requires that every team be represented, some All-Stars are from teams that are down and out of the race. But do you really think someone like first baseman Ken Harvey, whose Kansas City Royals are 23 games under .500, won't play hard?

It's Harvey's first All-Star Game! He'd run through a wall if needed, and he'd play nine innings if you let him.

In the end, I believe that the home-field reward brings the intensity back to the All-Star Game. Maybe we'll never again see a Pete Rose running over a Ray Fosse in extra innings with the game-winning run, but we will see some contact, with baserunners taking infielders out on double-play attempts and the like. The game's intensity has definitely been restored.

Of course, after all the fuss about last year's All-Star Game being the first to award the home-field edge, the Florida Marlins showed that maybe it's overrated -- because last year they didn't need it to beat the New York Yankees in the World Series.

Rumor Central

Johnson doesn't rule out trade

WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

Randy Johnson
Diamondbacks

Yankees
Red Sox
Angels
Dodgers?
Cubs?

Jul. 13 - The prospect of Johnson being traded has been a hot topic at the All-Star Game. Although Johnson reiterated that he hasn't been approached by the Diamondbacks about a trade, he wouldn't say matter-of-factly that he'd finish the season in Arizona.
"I'm not going to leave to go to a situation where they theoretically have a chance to win," said Johnson, 10-7 with a 2.99 ERA and a major league-leading 145 strikeouts. "It's going to have to be somewhere that ... teams that have a chance to win, that's the only way."

The New York Daily News reported last week that Johnson has let the Diamondbacks know he'd be willing to waive his no-trade clause in order to pitch for a contender. The Yankees, Red Sox and Angels appear to be the most likely candidates for a deal. The Dodgers and Cubs also have been mentioned as possible suitors.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Thanks for nothing Astros, cost the Cubs home field advantage in the World Series. Now we'll have to celebrate our first title in 96 years on the road.

Mrbob

Cubsfan23 said:
Thanks for nothing Astros, cost the Cubs home field advantage in the World Series. Now we'll have to celebrate our first title in 96 years on the road.

;_; I know....

Clemens gets lit up. Kent gets an error. Beltran pops up in an RBI situation. Berkman is so damn slow he cost Z a run (Patterson would have tracked down that flyball EZ!). Astros players choked on their own field.

Good thing is that our starting pitching is so good we should be able to wrap up the World Series by game 5! In the 2-3-2 format this means winning it on our own turf!

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Cubsfan23 said:

It'll take you 7 games to win the series? Pathetic.

Mashing

Perhaps Sosa's fatass should have caught atleast 1 of those 2 hits in the first. Especially the second one... fucking cripple... he hits like 4 homers in the home run derby and then plays like a beached whale in right field. Hang it up Sammy, you're done.

Matrix

evil solrac v3.0 said:
that was swet. good to see that turncoat get lit up.

I'm not sure if one would call it swet.

Matrix said:
I'm not sure if one would call it swet.

IM NOT THE ONE THAT'S GONNA HAVE GRADY LTTLE AS MY MANAGER!!!!!!
it's typical roger really, in any big game he literally chockes. he should have his wife "relieve" him or somethign afew minutes before the game or something..... not that i care. what's even better was that soriano was the one that hit the crushing blow... very SWEET ;)

Matrix

You like those crawford box HR's..I myself think they're sad.

Show me proof Grady will be manager next year...right now its Garner and then its hunting season.

Triumph

Banned
Solrac, you do know that Soriano isn't on the Yankees anymore, right? And that you're not supposed to cheer for him for that reason, right?

Just checking. You seem confused.

Joe

just 1 and a half years until soriano is the yanks second baesman again.

and i really didnt think the yankees NEEDED to get randy johnson but they should pull every string possible just to block a boston trade. hopefully the report that randy only wants to go to the yankees is true.

beerbelly

Banned
Carlos Delgado will be asked to decide soon whether he would like to remain with the Toronto Blue Jays for the rest of this season or whether he would like to be traded before the end of this month.

Delgado will be asked to make that decision by Toronto general manager J.P. Ricciardi, who told Rogers Sportsnet that he intends to approach the most prolific hitter in Jays history in the next few days to determine whether he would agree to waive his no-trade clause.

And, because the Jays already are virtually out of contention, Ricciardi has a hunch that Delgado may agree to be dealt to a more competitive team. If that's the case, the GM said he would then aggressively pursue a trade before baseball's July 31 trade deadline.

"Carlos has the ultimate hammer," Ricciardi told me. "He has the final say because of his no-trade clause. If he wants to stay with us until his contract runs out (at the end of the season), then he will. But if he wants to be traded, and I think that's a possibility, then I have to know from him so I can pick up the phone and start calling clubs. And you can figure out which clubs those would be -- they'd obviously be clubs in contention that can afford to pay him."

Ricciardi said he really has no idea what clubs specifically would be willing to pay Delgado a portion of his $18.5-million (U.S.) salary.

"All I know is that the conversation between me and him has to happen eventually, and the trading deadline is coming up, so I'll be sitting down with him soon, for sure," Ricciardi said. "Carlos has been great. We have a very good relationship. I don't see him being anything but first-class with us, as he's always been."

There have been rumblings since the season's outset that Los Angeles would be interested in acquiring Delgado. And Dodgers GM Paul DePodesta is a close friend of Ricciardi's. The two used to work together in the Oakland A's front office.

Ricciardi, however, said he has no definite knowledge of interest in Delgado from the Dodgers.

"If Carlos waives his no-trade, then it would be a lot easier for me to pick up the phone and find out who has interest in him," Ricciardi said, "but there's no point in calling anyone until he tells me what he'd like to do."

It's quite possible that Ricciardi would allow Delgado to make his own deal. In other words, Ricciardi could give Delgado's agent the green light to contact GMs and to work out a new contract that would run beyond this season.

Clearly, Delgado will not be asked to return to the Jays next season unless he takes a major pay cut -- perhaps of more than half of what he's being paid this season.

Ricciardi gave me the impression Thursday that he is looking forward to working with his 2005 payroll because it won't include Delgado's megamillions.

"Payroll flexibility is important," he said. "Look at the Texas Rangers. They're a much better team now because, by trading Alex Rodriguez and his big contract, they got more flexibility and were allowed to bring in other players."

Without Delgado's $18.5-million next season, "We'll be able to do more, Ricciardi said, "although maybe not as much as you might think because the salaries for Roy Halladay, Vernon Wells, Eric Hinske, Miguel Batista and Ted Lilly still will add up to about $25-million."

Ricciardi said he believes the Rogers ownership will provide him next season with a payroll of a little more than $50-million.

So unloading Delgado and his salary for some inexpensive prospects later this month surely would make Ricciardi happier than keeping the slugger around for the rest of a season that, largely because of injuries, doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

*Sniff* If he gets traded (which I think he will be) the only player that anyone will recognize from the Jays' lineup will be Halladay.

Mrbob

Great.

Prior leaves with a twinge in his throwing arm in the 2nd.

WE HAD THE ENTIRE PITCHING LINEUP TOGETHER FOR 1 AND 2/3 INNINGS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Cubs win though! Second half of the year is ours! MVP RUSCH WE NEED YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom