• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The monthly "I would give my left nut to draw like that"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=114407

beatrice.jpg

Damn! Its crazy how some peoples are talented. :eek:

MIMIC

Banned
Damn! Its crazy how some peoples are talented.

I have a friend who could make that picture look like a 1st grader's fingerpaint project....AND he can sing AND play the piano. He's God's gift to the arts. :)

But that picture IS pretty amazing.

XS+

Banned
WOW. Would have been better if it was a pic of Jack Sparrow though.
neptunes said:
you mean you wish you could paint like that.
True, I could probably do as good a job with the linework. But I definitely don't have the time/dedication to sketch out anything as nice as that.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Damn impressive, although I don't find the picture to be that interesting at all. Anything else by this person?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
The person clearly has excellent talent with paint. However, I feel this work lacks direction and a focus that could really captures me. Really nice paint skill though...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
These guys are good with their hands, its too bad that most of their work (if put in games) will be torn apart and look like dogshit :/

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
dilbert627 said:
Wow. He's really good.
THE%20GIFT3.jpg

I SO want to be able to paint photorealistically like that. I've gotten better over the past few years, but holy crap... ME = OWNED.

Whoa, that can't be real. Something about the hands looks too real. And there is something about the color on the right side of her blouse that is drawing my attention as well.

Seeing all these pics makes me regret leaving art behind.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wow, there is some amazing work on those forums. These people are doing great stuff. Thanks for all the links, Im going to be looking at this stuff until I have to leave for work...and then some.

Alcibiades

hmm, I don't know about just drawing, but for drawing + music + voice + dance talent, I'd definitely considering giving my left nut...

Damn, some of the stuff in this thread is totally beautiful, if I had any hint of talent, I'd take some classes, but alas, but drawings have sucked since my stick-figure days.. :/

Buy a camera.

Seriously, all of this stuff is nice enough in a technical sense, but there is no art there at all. It's all completely meaningless. If you want a photoreal picture of someone, take a picture, it'll be better.

I have a lot of respect for these people's talent, but it isn't art, it's just pretty pictures.

For instance, look at Dave McKean, who started off in a photorealistic style, but now does much more interesting stuff, a lot of it with montages (apologies for not using "real" artists as an example, but I don't really know that much about "the scene").

spikydavid said:
Buy a camera.

Seriously, all of this stuff is nice enough in a technical sense, but there is no art there at all. It's all completely meaningless. If you want a photoreal picture of someone, take a picture, it'll be better.

I have a lot of respect for these people's talent, but it isn't art, it's just pretty pictures.

For instance, look at Dave McKean, who started off in a photorealistic style, but now does much more interesting stuff, a lot of it with montages (apologies for not using "real" artists as an example, but I don't really know that much about "the scene").

I have to agree with you there, when I draw, or paint, I want to make somthing out of my style... somthing expressive. Straight portraits are just a little boring, that why I like this guy Andrew Jones from conceptart.org (he works on the metroid prime games) he does a self portrait every day (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9), and because he is doing so many, he needs to variate the mediums and the style. The results from this are far more interesting than a photorealistic picture of himself every day, they offer somthing unique, different and interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom