• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Ok i'm going to make this as short as bitter sweet as possible.

Q: Are we going to play a madden season this year!? i'm getting worried!
A: Yes, we are going to play. Don't worry.

Q: Are we using EA's shitty online leagues?
A: Nope. We are using league daddy again!

Q: Fucking lame! Does that mean i have to enter my teams stats manually after every game!?
A: Yes.

Q: Team AND player stats!?
A: Yep.

Q: ALL OF THEM!?
A: Yes.

Q: What if i don't feel like entering them?
A: Don't join the league!

Q: Ok, what if i don't like this years game? I think it sucks and i wish we still had NFL 2kx

Q: What if i join now, but then quit in week 5 or something?

Q: Well ok i guess that sounds fair, but what about the disconnects during late game FG's?
A: They're still looking into that. i think it has been figured out but we can at least start this new thread and get the "ball rolling" so to speak!

Q: What difficulty will we be playing on, how long are the quarters, and will injuries be on?
A: Most likely all-pro difficulty unless there is some reason to play on all madde, 6 minute quarters, and yes they will be on.

Q: Do i have to play sim ball? I like to take advantage of the AI and basically fuck around!
A: Yes you do need to play sim ball. no going for it on every 4th down, no bullshit tactics. we'll get more into conduct once the site is up!

Q: Where is this site?
A: www.leaguedaddy.com. i will post OUR leagues page once i have renewed the subscription.

Q: Will i get the team i want?
A: No one knows for sure yet! if you are a vet, odds are you're getting your team! if not, then we'll see!

There you have it friends. if you are still interested in playing, please post. I know its a pain, but a lot of the people in the other thread that signed up haven't posted in forever, so i just can't tell. Post now, unfortunately i can't "assume" anyone is going to play so if you want in then say so! (with the team you want also)

----------

1. FMT - 49ers
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers
3. Somnia - bengals
4. CB - Eagles
5. Rors - Raiders
6. Fifty - Ravens
7. LJ11 - Bills
8. Luke - Colts
9. Truelize - Vikings
10. Matrix - Texans
11. Miguel - ?
12. Wellington - Giants
13. DCX - Falcons
14. knee - Dolphins
15. DenogginizerOS - Jets
16. LiveWire - Redskins
17. dskillzhtown - Cardinals
18. zep - Rams
19. bluemax - Chargers
20. Konex - Jaguars
21. gqman - titans
22. mrbob - bears
23. bryan - browns
24. ramirez - steelers
25. wasabi - packers
26. lonestar - patriots

DMczaf

121006_brooks31.jpg

Somnia

I would like to join now that I have switched to the PS3 version (rrod ftw :lol )...put me down as either the Cowboys or the Texans if possible...I figure there is a regular to the league who wants the cowboys so the Texans would be fine :D

Rorschach

4. Rorschach - Colts

Somnia said:
I would like to join now that I have switched to the PS3 version (rrod ftw )...put me down as either the Cowboys or the Texans if possible...I figure there is a regular to the league who wants the cowboys so the Texans would be fine :D
Texans have a longer line than the Cowboys, believer it or not. :lol

[edit] If anyone wants to donate some of their time in the near future to help put this disconnect riddle to rest, let me know!

Somnia

Rorschach said:
4. Rorschach - Colts

Texans have a longer line than the Cowboys, believer it or not. :lol

[edit] If anyone wants to donate some of their time in the near future to help put this disconnect riddle to rest, let me know!

Wow that shocks me about the Texans lol....I'll take whatever team I just don't want to take someone elses who has been here longer :D I'll play as whoever in the end just those two would be my first pic :lol

Rors...I dont have the time tonight, but I get off work tomorrow at 530PM CST and will be on all night if you want mah help

edit: FMT I sent you an invite

Rorschach

5. Rors - Raiders
mt8baw.gif

I'M DOOMED!

I can't go back to useless WRs! I can't!

Somnia said:
Wow that shocks me about the Texans lol....I'll take whatever team I just don't want to take someone elses who has been here longer :D I'll play as whoever in the end just those two would be my first pic :lol

Rors...I dont have the time tonight, but I get off work tomorrow at 530PM CST and will be on all night if you want mah help

Cool. Shouldn't take more than 15 mins...maybe less.

Rorschach

Somnia said:
Just glancing at the old thread I saw the Saints not selected for anyone...they open?
The Saints were taken by Gunstar (the list in the OP isn't current), but other teams have dropped out so the list might shake up a bit.

Somnia

Rorschach said:
The Saints were taken by Gunstar (the list in the OP isn't current), but other teams have dropped out so the list might shake up a bit.

Alright...I'll just bid my time till everyone chimes in and see whats left

Miguel

Somnia said:

Texans Depth chart is:

Dskillz
Miguel
Matrix

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm in....Texans

Put down the crack pipe Mig,you battle it out season 2 with dskillz.

DMczaf

1. FMT - 49ers
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers
3. Somnia - ?
4. CB - Eagles
5. Rors - Raiders
6. Fifty - Ravens
7. LJ11 - Bills
8. Luke - Colts
9. Shawnwhann - Cowboys
10. Truelize - Vikings
11. Matrix - Texans
12. Miguel - ?
13. Wellington - Giants
14. DCX - Falcons
15. knee - Dolphins
16. DenogginizerOS - Jets
17. LiveWire - Redskins
18. dskillzhtown - Cardinals

Waiting for Confirmation:

Konex
bluemax
malleymal
lonestar
mrbob
Sporto
ramirez
GCQuinton
sableholic
zep
dammittmatt
gstaff
GQman2121

Somnia

Rors I just got home...I'll be on PSN and aim is Somnia1982 if you still need help. Paying some bills real fast so need about 15 min

edit: Rors I'll just be on AIM (though still logged on PSN downloading Ratchet)...watching the Dallas game unless you AIM me.

LJ11

New Madden glitch. Not quite sure how it works, but from what I can tell the game does a poor job recognizing the line of scrimmage. Looks like the QB crosses or gets close to the LoS, as soon as he does the defense turns their attention to the QB, but the QB can still get off a deep ball.

Edit: I'll try and replicate it in practice mode, see what I can find.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
New Madden glitch. Not quite sure how it works, but from what I can tell the game does a poor job recognizing the line of scrimmage. Looks like the QB crosses or gets close to the LoS, as soon as he does the defense turns their attention to the QB, but the QB can still get off a deep ball.

Edit: I'll try and replicate it in practice mode, see what I can find.
Looks like he crossed it.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
Looks like he crossed it.

Yeah, I edited in "gets close to it" because others have reported you don't actually have to go over the LoS to get it to work, but he definitely looks over it in that video.

LJ11

I tried doing it, not knowing how to do it, and I can't get it. Every time I get near the LoS, or over it, the icons pull down.

Edit: Just got did it, holy shit is it cheap.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I tried doing it, not knowing how to do it, and I can't get it. Every time I get near the LoS, or over it, the icons pull down.
Maybe it's better that we don't know. :lol Hopefully, it has to be done purposefully like the WR snap because it's hard to ban something like passing on the run.

LJ11

I can see guys doing it accidentally, edited the how to part of my edit.

Edit: QB Spy absolutely blows the play up though, so it's not unstoppable.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I can see guys doing it accidentally, edited the how to part of my edit.

Edit: QB Spy absolutely blows the play up though, so it's not unstoppable.
Oh, that sucks. At least we have replay, though.

In other news, Somnia and I just tested the camera, defense, and OT disconnects. It seems keeping the same camera does work. We only tested it a couple of times, but it seems legit. We also tested classic on classic which the xbox leaguers hadn't tested yet and it works fine. So now we have to decide on a camera and just stick with it.

Thanks a lot, Somnia!

Rorschach

Zep said:
I'm not using the action cam, period. Camera sucks.
I hate it too, but I think we have to vote. :p

What I hate about the action camera is that, on defense, it can make you miss a play or a tackle (especially when the chase cam pops up). I like the shaking camera on big hits and all that, but it's not worth it at the end of the day.

That said, it's better than being disconnected or having to use retarded FG rules. And hey, maybe we'll get a fix by EA, so it might be temporary!
lol

Would be nice if we could get a poll. NOT AN ANONYMOUS POLL. The last poll we had was anonymous and we got way more votes than there are active members.

Mrbob

Fucking EA shitty disconnect bullshit. :x

Me and wellington have a game going down to the wire and it disconnects on an extra point with 3 minutes left.

Top Bottom