• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

LJ11

Shawnwhann said:
Rors is a good guy from what I can gather, and I think he means well....

My problem is that he made a decision based on emotion instead of being level headed and reasonable about it. FMT alluded to two options that were on the table and it didn't take long for Rors to make the executive decision to take the extreme option while making assumptions on my state of mind (again, assumes the worst case explanation) while playing DM.

Honestly, I thought he was just kidding around with that post, didn't know that was actually his decision until tonight.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I don't consider anyone a champion this year,we all are losers for playing this shit game for far too long and now look at what the Madden league has become.

Thanks for nothing EA!...besides NCAA,that rocks.

Rorschach

Shawnwhann said:
Which didn't include me
Didn't include DM either. It usually doesn't include the two parties involved.

Yet I get an unprecedented and ultimate punishment in a playoff game determining a Super Bowl participant.
Yep. FMT said that's one of the things he would have done and he's usually light on the punishment.

Think about it dude.... how would I have known when I practically won most of my games in a blowout fashion all year. I haven't had the need to go for it on 4th down...
Your posts made it seem like you did, but again, all I can do is ask you guys to read the rules and you could have read them last night before your game. They were still up then. I asked you guys every week to read them, but I guess that wasn't enough on my part.

In addition, I've received PMs from 3 people already that also thought 4th down attempts were acceptable as long as you're down....so I'm not the only one unclear.
Good for them. You can PM them back and thank them for their support.

The point remains dude, if you cared about integrity you should have said the game gets played as usual. There was an extreme conflict of interest and my point stands now that we should have been the ones determining the outcome of the season.
Interest? If I really wanted to win the league or whatever, I would have shrugged it all off and played you who I matched up better against. I was way out of practice because I hadn't played since my game against LJ so I probably didn't stand a chance against DM compared to a game I would have played against you. I don't want to have someone like you preach to me about integrity. All you can base it on is my record on this forum and this league. I'll go out on a limb and say that there's no pedestal for you to stand on that puts you above me.

You can be cute all you want; but I'm calling a spade a spade. DM and I could have sorted this out ourselves, but he didn't respond to my IMs after the game. He had an agenda and decided to work on you behind the scenes, and it obviously worked.
Guess it did, but it's over now. It's done. Season is over.

[edit] Or, you know what? DM and myself are eliminated . You can play LJ for the championship if you want and he is available. Would you like that?

A lot less muted, apathetic and pathetic for a few options. Notice how nobody has yet to congratulate DM for his win. You are to blame for the way this has ended. You should retire your commission hat because you obviously don't have the temperament and objectivity to let the best solution emerge from the various conflicts you encounter in your position of leadership.
:lol Yes, I should retire from my beloved commish position. I NEVER wanted to do this. I was just the stats guy that did awards and stuff once in a while, fixed rosters problems for owners, and fixed incorrect stats that popped up. I refused to assign deadlines and make executive decisions until the latter half of the season when it seemed no one else would and players kept coming to me with their problems. As big of a clusterfuck as this season was, it could have been worse. No one gave a fuck this season and I had to babysit more than manage. I had to try to hook people up so they would play their games (I can fill in for you! Hey, so and so is on AIM. Hey, maybe you should try a PM. Hey, I pm'd that guy for you. Hey, I aimed that guy for you...). I had to be the nagging mother that I hate to be (when are you gonna play your games?) and received the ill will and contempt of the owners because of it. Even when I did something fun that would benefit the league like rankings, I would get people bitching and crying. Towards the end, I couldn't even do awards because there weren't enough teams playing to do so. I couldn't do rankings because people would cry over them or the comments in them.

I took time out of my evenings to keep this league together by a thin thread, and it barely held, to give us some semblance of a playoff tournament. Unfortunately, it ended like this, but I'm quite relieved that it's done. If I did have a hotheaded temperament, I would have said "fuck it" to all of this long ago and abandoned the babies and the responsible players all the same.

I'll bow out (I actually wasn't even going to play in the next year in the official league) early and won't handle end of season awards because I'd obviously just give them all to myself and my old chum DM.

DCX

DCX
Hey, i not only stuck it through the end, but i ended both my team's seasons with all games played and suffered my worst season ever in our leagues with the Falcons and made the playoffs with the Browns. I did my best.

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I will be there next year as long as EA gets their head out of their asses. I will do my best to not rush out and buy this early like I did this year. I will wait for more reviews this year or rent before purchase.

Ramirez

I crack up when you guys call this game god awful, it's easily their best next gen effort. Don't be mad at the game because your same tactics from last year didn't work.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah the game is really the best madden ive played. i think the disappointing league features and the crappy online play soured people. but the actual gameplay is awesome

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
I crack up when you guys call this game god awful, it's easily their best next gen effort. Don't be mad at the game because your same tactics from last year didn't work.

I had no tactics from the year before to carry over,how can you using the Texans,and I thought that Madden game sucked too.

The Madden games and leagues really haven't been the same imo since the xbox days.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I don't consider anyone a champion this year,we all are losers for playing this shit game for far too long and now look at what the Madden league has become.

Thanks for nothing EA!...besides NHL,that rocks.

This. OH AND FIXED.

CB3

Matrix said:
I had no tactics from the year before to carry over,how can you using the Texans,and I thought that Madden game sucked too.

The Madden games and leagues really haven't been the same imo since the xbox days.

people were more reliable in the xbox/ps2 games. thats the biggest difference ive noticed. the 360 RROD's and the ps3 and 360 splitting our players made a difference also i think.

DCX

DCX
I really think the splitting of the league base did hurt. Getting used to a whole new console, and a different way of communicating in-game hurt. I liked the game, just need to be more a student of madden and football itself to really be a factor. I'm done for a new season even if only 8-12 of us play.

DCX

DenogginizerOS

CB3 said:
yeah the game is really the best madden ive played. i think the disappointing league features and the crappy online play soured people. but the actual gameplay is awesome
I agree the league features and crappy online had the most to do with killing the fun from this year's season. The loss of interest in entering stats and the numerous drops and connection problems became a huge time sink for some. I don't think this is a reflection of dedication as it is a conflict with time allotted for playing games. As to the gameplay, there are a lot of good features but there still needs to be tweaks to the Defensive playcalling that allows for a person to adjust to the myriad of offensive adjustments that can be made pre-snap. I also think EA should reward teams that do well (ahem NHL) and get them on board for assistance.

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
I crack up when you huys call this game god awful, it's easily their best next gen effort. Don't be mad at the game because your same tactics from last year didn't work.

If Madden had the same online league/franchise setup as NCAA 09, we'd have 32 players talking about how awesome season 13 will be, instead we get ONLINE LEAGUES 2.0*!

*The 2.0 is the review score out of 10.0

I really enjoyed Madden this year, I just wish we didn't get saddled with the shitty online leagues while NCAA got the super hawtness.

Rors said:
Or, you know what? DM and myself are eliminated . You can play LJ for the championship if you want and he is available. Would you like that?

Missed this last night...

No thanks as we'd be right back where we are now with an illegitimate champion with a big fat asterisk, regardless of the outcome.

I don't have any other ideas or thoughts about how to fix this that would be acceptable to everyone, so I'll just drop it and become an honorary member of the "I Got Screwed" club while sitting on the proverbial sofa next to Al Gore, Bret "Hitman" Hart, and the 2001 Oakland Raiders.

BTW, I agree with the folks that give the actual gameplay high marks and online scope mediocre marks.

DenogginizerOS

If anyone wants to play Madden on X360, just let me know. I would love to get a small tourney going over the break just for fun.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DMczaf said:
If Madden had the same online league/franchise setup as NCAA 09, we'd have 32 players talking about how awesome season 13 will be, instead we get ONLINE LEAGUES 2.0*!

*The 2.0 is the review score out of 10.0

I really enjoyed Madden this year, I just wish we didn't get saddled with the shitty online leagues while NCAA got the super hawtness.

Sooo True. Imagine the NFL, with stat's over the course of years, drafts, free agency and trades. mmmmm

CB3

DCX said:
I really think the splitting of the league base did hurt. Getting used to a whole new console, and a different way of communicating in-game hurt. I liked the game, just need to be more a student of madden and football itself to really be a factor. I'm done for a new season even if only 8-12 of us play.

DCX

id play if we could get atleast 10 people or so. But id want it to be using EA's league servers. I want to see how those work out

LukeSmith

I like the game, actually. I didn't care for the clunky implementation with PSN and as someone who has very little time for games as is, logging in to play my Madden games and having to update my firmware - which sometimes takes minutes and on more than one occasion this year took more than an hour - is really frustrating.

I love you all and will miss you during the offseason.

I still have both copies of the game - though the PS3 one is probably heading to the shop this weekend.

DMczaf

LukeSmith said:
I like the game, actually. I didn't care for the clunky implementation with PSN and as someone who has very little time for games as is, logging in to play my Madden games and having to update my firmware - which sometimes takes minutes and on more than one occasion this year took more than an hour - is really frustrating.

I love you all and will miss you during the offseason.

I still have both copies of the game - though the PS3 one is probably heading to the shop this weekend.

FMT is never tricking me into a PS3 league again! FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU!

DCX

DCX
Yeah, first and last league on PS3...i too got tricked into it...oh well, i wanted to play with the big boys...

DCX

Top Bottom