• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

is it brandon lloyd bob? don't block my punts bitch!

p.s. lol @ stover. one time in madden 02 i was playing my buddy and put dante culpepper as wr and randy moss as qb and had 300+ yards passing :lol

DMczaf

1. FMT - 49ers
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers
3. Somnia - bengals
4. CB - Eagles
5. Rors - Raiders
6. Fifty - Ravens
7. LJ11 - Bills
8. Luke - Colts
9. Shawnwhann - Cowboys
10. Truelize - Vikings
11. Matrix - Texans
12. Miguel - ?
13. Wellington - Giants
14. DCX - Falcons
15. knee - Dolphins
16. DenogginizerOS - Jets
17. LiveWire - Redskins
18. dskillzhtown - Cardinals
19. mrbob - Beers
20. gunstar - saints
21. zep - Rams
22. bluemax - Chargers
23. malleymal - Chiefs
24. Konex - Jaguars

Waiting for Confirmation:

lonestar
Sporto
ramirez
GCQuinton
dammittmatt
GQman2121

Come on, hurry up and check in!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
1. FMT - 49ers
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers
3. Somnia - bengals
4. CB - Eagles
5. Rors - Raiders
6. Fifty - Ravens
7. LJ11 - Bills
8. Luke - Colts
9. Shawnwhann - Cowboys
10. Truelize - Vikings
11. Matrix - Texans
12. Miguel - ?
13. Wellington - Giants
14. DCX - Falcons
15. knee - Dolphins
17. LiveWire - Redskins
19. mrbob - Beers
20. gunstar - saints
21. zep - Rams
22. bluemax - Chargers
23. malleymal - Chiefs
24. Konex - Jaguars

lonestar
Sporto
ramirez
GCQuinton
dammittmatt
GQman2121

Come on, hurry up and check in!
Gaming forum advertising!

LJ11

Rors you still around for a game, I want to try this action cam. Played a game with it, gets me disoriented. Need to work on it.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Rors you still around for a game, I want to try this action cam. Played a game with it, gets me disoriented. Need to work on it.
Oops I missed this. If you still want a game, I'm down. I think FMT said classic is the official one now!

i'll post this again later, but guys the next time you login to madden please change your settings to Classic Cam and save your settings so there are no issues once the league starts. if there is mass hatred for classic cam speak up now or forever hold your peace

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll post this again later, but guys the next time you login to madden please change your settings to Classic Cam and save your settings so there are no issues once the league starts. if there is mass hatred for classic cam speak up now or forever hold your peace

30diba1.jpg

Rorschach

:lol DM

GG LJ. That first pick was BS. I know I threw it in to coverage, but it's because everyone just stopped in their tracks...wtf? Unfortunately, it won't let me save the play...

[edit]k let me saved...I'll upload for the laughs!\
[edit2] guess it will have to wait...servers are down -_-

GG as always, though. You are always the toughest to play and our games always come down to the wire. No disconnect this time, though!

LJ11

Yeah, no disconnect.. I didn't want to milk the clock too much near the end, my main focus was kicking a FG to see if it would disconnect. You picked a FG block right? I should have taken a risk and tried for a TD or a first, too conservative.

That pick was awesome/hysterical. Justice for the pick to Parish, felt he had a good two steps on the CB and poof he's in front of him, made an incredible grab.

Good game as always.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Yeah, no disconnect.. I didn't want to milk the clock too much near the end, my main focus was kicking a FG to see if it would disconnect. You picked a FG block right? I should have taken a risk and tried for a TD or a first, too conservative.

That pick was awesome/hysterical. Justice for the pick to Parish, felt he had a good two steps on the CB and poof he's in front of him, made an incredible grab.

Good game as always.
Yeah, I went out of my way to pick FG block heh. I should have let that replay for the challenge run since that's one thing I haven't tested, but I plum forgot and skipped it as usual out of habit.

Oh, and about the camera: classic for life! Playing safety and DL was much easier and no missed tackles out of frame!

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Crap that reminds me that I didn't save my INT for a TD against rors.
Stupid action cam took my WR out of focus and I threw it right to Cromartie...I knew he was gone. Not even McFadden can catch him :(

DMczaf

1. FMT - 49ers
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers
3. Somnia - bengals
4. CB - Eagles
5. Rors - Raiders
6. Fifty - Ravens
7. LJ11 - Bills
8. Luke - Colts
9. Shawnwhann - Cowboys
10. Truelize - Vikings
11. Matrix - Texans
12. Miguel - ?
13. Wellington - Giants
14. DCX - Falcons
15. knee - Dolphins
17. LiveWire - Redskins
19. mrbob - Beers
20. gunstar - saints
21. zep - Rams
22. bluemax - Chargers
23. malleymal - Chiefs
24. Konex - Jaguars
25. ramirez - Steelers
26. Bryan - Browns

lonestar
GCQuinton
dammittmatt
GQman2121

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Livewire.

Were you using Classic or Action that game?

24-0 and it disconnects on a challenged spot in the 4th qtr. Fuuuuuuuck!

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
Livewire.

Were you using Classic or Action that game?

24-0 and it disconnects on a challenged spot in the 4th qtr. Fuuuuuuuck!

Yea, the game was so smooth lag-wise I was like WTF! It finally happened. I was using whatever the default camera is....I haven't changed any Madden settings.

DenogginizerOS

LiveWire said:
Yea, the game was so smooth lag-wise I was like WTF! It finally happened. I was using whatever the default camera is....I haven't changed any Madden settings.
Ah. So I was on Classic and you were on Action. Now we know. Damn.

the league will be going up this coming week, just have to get everything set and i will notify once league daddy has been restored. i kind of want to see if we can get 32 people too! that would be awesome... time to spam the official thread for fresh meat!

Rorschach

I've decided to quit the league. Sorry, bruhs. DM convinced me it was the right thing to do. Called me "son" and everything...

Rorschach

Ugh, dude...no! I'm back in...just put it away!

...funny how that picture is extremely photo chopped and he still looks nasty.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I think I am going to pull out of the league. I am just not having that much fun this year, plus the only reason I bought this year was the fact that EA finally put League Play in Madden only to screw it up and forcing the league back to league daddy. There are a lot games coming out and I don't have a lot time to play and sitting entering stats just isn't something I want to do. Sorry guys but I think I am bored of Madden. :(

Rorschach

I've gotten invitations to play and I see some people are still doing it a very roundabout way. Here's a quick faq (excuse the picture quality...it was from a video I shot, but I decided it would be more accessible this way):

Q: How do I send an invite to someone on my friends list?

A: Follow these steps: online → my online → my player hub → press L2 → choose a player from this list and press x.​

friendlist_addressbook.jpg

Q: Turns out they're not on my list because no one likes me, but I've played that douche before

A: follow the same steps as illustrated above, but after pressing L2, press R2 and go down to “recent opponents”
recent.jpg

Q: What other options are in this magical R2 menu?!

A: There is also an option to view “my league members”. This could be a way to get around sending everyone and their mothers friend invites. The commish could just create a faux league and everyone can meet in the lobby or through their hub.​
league.jpg

Q: How do I know when I'm getting a challenge? There's no Madden “BOOM!” from the olden days!

A: If you are in the lobby, you will see a lightning icon next to their name. If you are receiving one through your player hub, you can keep refreshing your hub. For both options, you will be alerted with orange text in the ticker at the bottom of the screen.​
playinggame.jpg

Q: That's all well and good, but how the fuck do I know if I'm bothering someone who's already playing another person?!

A: At the bottom of the player hub, it shows you what they are currently doing. “Playing an online game” means just that. “Exhibition game” is an offline “play now” game. There's also “franchise” and “front end”. Front-end means that they are idling in the main menu.​
realtalk.jpg

Q: It says they are playing an online game, but I want to know what quarter he's in!

A: To view what quarter he's in, you'll have to go into the gamecast menu. Take the following steps: online → my online → gamecast → press L2 and scroll down to “friends”. This will show you what quarter they are in, what the score is and who has possession.​
gamecast.jpg
You can also access your player hub from here and any lobby by pressing R3.​

Q: How do I upload videos of myself cheesing the shit out of some scrubs online?!

A: First, you'll have to save the video by going to “replays” and then “ea sports highlights” in the end game menu. From here, you can save the highlight by pressing square. It will prompt you to choose an angle and view the gameplay. After that, it will ask you if you want to save it or view it again. After you are done, exit the game.​
Next, from the main menu, you'll go to “my madden”. Then, to “manage highlights”. From here, press R1 until you get to “online” games. All you have to do now is press X and it will encode and upload. If you have too many videos uploaded, you'll be prompted to delete one.​

Q: It sez I needs an easportz warld something or other!
A: You need to sign up for EASportsworld at www.easportsworld.com and link your account to your PSN account.​

If you have any questions or things to add, go for it. It'll help out the new guys and the guys that might join from the official thread to fill up the league.

Also, I don't know what how you guys are entering Leaguedaddy stats, but it shouldn't take all day. If it takes you more than 5-10 mins, you're doing it wrong. The only one that will probably take time is the first one because your player slots will be empty.

DenogginizerOS

Gunstar77 said:
I think I am going to pull out of the league. I am just not having that much fun this year, plus the only reason I bought this year was the fact that EA finally put League Play in Madden only to screw it up and forcing the league back to league daddy. There are a lot games coming out and I don't have a lot time to play and sitting entering stats just isn't something I want to do. Sorry guys but I think I am bored of Madden. :(
:(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Without Osi, I think I will sit this one out too fellas.

Is it sad that I am hoping the Giants sign Simeon Rice because it would make for an incredible Madden D?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still don't know what I want to do with Madden...tasting the sweetness that is the NCAA online dynasty, with it's full stats, season to season changing...

Leaguedaddy?? :/

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Gunstar77 said:

I am having a good time with the game offline. Yesterday I couple of games online with random people. I had a good time for the most part, but offline I am having more fun. Now, leaguedaddy is something I hated with a passion before and hate it now. I will stick it out for one season, but for season 2, I hope EA has the league stuff working.

Mrbob

I'm somewhat with Gunstar and Lonestar right now.

I'm busier now than I used to be, and I don't know if I have time to type in stats anymore. Especially when most of my games will be late at night. NCAA is so nice I really don't feel like regressing. I might need a couple days to consider what I want to do.

I'm enjoying NCAA more online right now as well.

Rorschach

Bears must really sucks this year. If you want, just go ahead and take the Pats. They haven't been taken yet. No one is gonna fault you. Even I wouldn't play with a team with those options at QB. I mean, sure the Raiders have no WRs or OL, but at least I have JRuss.

Mrbob said:
I'm somewhat with Gunstar and Lonestar right now.

I'm busier now than I used to be, and I don't know if I have time to type in stats anymore. Especially when most of my games will be late at night. NCAA is so nice I really don't feel like regressing. I might need a couple days to consider what I want to do.

I'm enjoying NCAA more online right now as well.

Been thinking...

And sorry guys, but I'm leaning towards this road as well now. With me gearing up to apply for grad school and all that junk over the next 3-4 months, I'm not sure if this season is for me.

FMT - When are commitments for Season 12 due by?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Holy shit at possibly losing vets....

THANKS A F-ING LOT EA!

Mrbob

Kyle Orton is a budding superstar! I got no qualms with him! :D

I'll still play some random games online with you guys. I've been thinking about this for awhile and I'm come full circle to the acceptance level where I would rather use EAs crappy league setup than type in 16+ game stats again (Since I am guaranteed a spot in the postseason thanks to my skillZ).

I'm sure FMT will offer to bring out the wahhhhmbulance for me :)D) but when it is 9-10pm for you west coasters, it is 11-12 for us central east coasters and the last thing I want to do at midnight is spend 20 minutes typing in stats after an hour long game. Especially since these are mostly worknights.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i dont understand how id takes you guys 20 minutes to type stats. its like 5-7 minutes max when i do it

LiveWire

CB3 said:
i dont understand how id takes you guys 20 minutes to type stats. its like 5-7 minutes max when i do it

Yea, I have to agree, and I'm on the east coast, and for the last several seasons (except for Season 11) I've lost 10+ games. I think it's mostly an issue of people being pissed when they lose and not wanting to enter stats.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:

Same :\

Matrix

Top Bottom