• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Cardinals 24
Eagles 7

Great defense, even better user skills. Our connection was good while it lasted but we had two drop outs and had to restart.

Rorschach

2mdpa2h.gif

LJ11

I sent Fifty a message but he never got back to me, I wanted to get the game in before Thanksgiving. I don't really have plans, but with a bunch of people back in town you never know. I'm free the next two nights.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Me and mig are playing tommorrow night or thur morning.
I don't like this "or" business! Sounds fishy!

Shawnwhann said:
This is kinda pathetic right now....
Sigh...what can you do? :\ I didn't expect that from Fifty. If he doesn't show and MiG/Boob get their game done, I guess I'll advance it. Guess 3 AFC teams have a bye!

Mrbob

DM we play...tommorrow!

Can't play today. :(

Finish me off so I can trade in Madden, while it has some value left, and I can go get Little Big Planet!

To give a quick recap of the game (getting alot of folks asking...), here is how I saw the game...

First quarter.....Natural came out slinging and slanging on his opening drive. I was chilling in a zone for the most part until he got deep within my 30 yard line. Like I hoped, he got comfortable a little and tried a little play action pass, but I sent an all out blitz causing Warner to get sacked on the fake. Like real life, Warner fumbled...and DeMarcus Ware picked up the ball and ran it back 66 yards for a touchdown. 7-0...

Undeterred...Natural picked up where he left off and quickly hit a few deep ones and capped off his drive with a score from 2 yards out 7-7.

Second quarter....I get the ball for the first time, and I drive and drive...and drive to score another touchdown on a 3 yard pass to Jason Witten. This drive takes off a whole 4-5 mins off the clock 14-7

After a series of interceptions on some deep passes thrown by Warner, I take a 14-7 lead into half time.

Third quarter....I open up the second half with a three to four min drive for a field goal 17-7.

Natural gets the ball back and he throws his third pick of the game. I capitalize with executing another 5 minute drive for a touchdown. I take a 24-7 lead into the fourth quarter.

Fourth quarter....two very different strategies were being executed by both of us. I wanted to play some serious ball control while Natural was looking to score quick. Natural somewhat won that battle, but I stayed disciplined as to not do something stupid to give him an opening. Natural got the ball and executed a two minute offense with no huddle early in the fourth. He eventually scores pretty quick in like 55 seconds. 24-14

I get the ball back and flame out with a three min drive to settle for a 48 yard field goal. What was going to be a difficult kick was made more difficult by Natural doing a defensive audible right as a kicked the ball (He was already in a fg block defense)...kinda cheap but whatever... I make it anyway 27-14

Natural comes back can executes a 25 second touchdown drive by slinging it in my conservative zone. 27-21

He misses the onside kick attempt...I kill clock...I move to the NFC Championship game! :D

Romo's wheels just too much for my slow D-line. lol @ the QB leading the team in rushing gg though a win is a win. Good news is I finally get to ship this shit back to Gamefly.

MWS Natural said:
Romo's wheels just too much for my slow D-line. lol @ the QB leading the team in rushing gg though a win is a win. Good news is I finally get to ship this shit back to Gamefly.

Almost as lol as 7 of your 11 completed passes going to tight ends on fly routes...

Edit - For the record...Barber was my leading rusher with 30 yards on 8 attempts, Romo had 29 yards...

Mrbob

:lol @ mock praise

Love Madden!

MWS you let me down, we were supposed to rematch in the championship game! :( Not like it matters, DM will beat me by 50 anyway.

Shawnwhann said:
Almost as lol as 7 of your 11 completed passes going to tight ends on fly routes...

Edit - For the record...Barber was my leading rusher with 30 yards on 8 attempts, Romo had 29 yards...

Well once I figured you weren't trying to play anything close to sim football with your QB sprint backs and rollouts I let it fly. I shouldn't have even tried to play sim and done that from the beginning. Like I said gg, the Cowboys are a tough team to beat on any day.

LJ11

Really tough game with Ramirez. Bills won 16-13, but it was ugly on both sides. Untimely turnovers killed the Steelers, two ints in goal to go situations, and a fumble near the 30. I couldn't do much on 3rd down, or the redzone. Bills only managed 3 FG's and Int TD.

Edwards was 12-14 for 169, but 1-11 on 3rd downs. Steelers had 6 sacks, and shut down the run. I took the Field Goals, but Ramirez rallied late to bring it within 3 with 40 seconds to go in the game. Onside kick was unsuccessful. Good game man.

Ramirez was also screwed on a 3rd down conversion (the only one I had). Evans was clearly out of bounds when he tapped his toes, see for yourselves.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2454022

MWS Natural said:
Well once I figured you weren't trying to play anything close to sim football with your QB sprint backs and rollouts I let it fly. I shouldn't have even tried to play sim and done that from the beginning. Like I said gg, the Cowboys are a tough team to beat on any day.

A blind man can see what it is... your ego is hurt because of the fact that you're one and done. You can make up a rationalizations and take unfair passive aggressive shots to your heart's content, but it feels great to return the favor and take away your zero when it actually mattered.

Take it easy....

Rorschach

That's why you pay those guys to clear the snow at the half!

Tough break.

Maaan, the game against LJ is gonna be intense. Our games always go down to the wire when there's nothing at stake and now it's for a Superbowl appearance! :O

LJ11

Rorschach said:
That's why you pay those guys to clear the snow at the half!

Tough break.

Maaan, the game against LJ is gonna be intense. Our games always go down to the wire when there's nothing at stake and now it's for a Superbowl appearance! :O

I'm looking forward to it. Win or lose, it's going to be an entertaining game.

Mrbob

Orton goes out in an INT blaze of glory! :lol

Self destruct total.

0td 8 int against the bucs!

Tampa moves on winning 24-7.

Shawnwhann said:
A blind man can see what it is... your ego is hurt because of the fact that you're one and done. You can make up a rationalizations and take unfair passive aggressive shots to your heart's content, but it feels great to return the favor and take away your zero when it actually mattered.

Take it easy....

I'm glad a football video game made you feel good about yourself. Only thing involving ego I see he is yours when it's pretty laughable having any ego at all while playing with the best team in the game. Nothing to rationalize, the better team won. Like I said before I made the wrong decision of playing sim ball in the first half while you played QB sprint back arcade ball. Continue on with your IM trash talk about me to other members of the league I love how you take it so seriously :lol
Yes they send me the convos.

LJ11

Finally, some drama.

I'm not exactly sure what Shawn did during your game, but couldn't you QB contain? You ran some good pressure packages when we played, so I how on earth did he manage to run around in the backfield?

A saved video would have put the issue to rest.

MWS Natural said:
I'm glad a football video game made you feel good about yourself. Only thing involving ego I see he is yours when it's pretty laughable having any ego at all while playing with the best team in the game. Nothing to rationalize, the better team won. Like I said before I made the wrong decision of playing sim ball in the first half while you played QB sprint back arcade ball. Continue on with your IM trash talk about me to other members of the league I love how you take it so seriously :lol
Yes they send me the convos.

You're pretty sad man....

I'm not going to justify your bullshit accusations with a serious reply. As some have mentioned, you should have saved videos of these alleged incidents and aired it out. The only problem with that approach is the fact that you couldn't create such evidence.... because it didn't happen in the way you portray.

I've been a vet of these leagues for several years and I've never been accused of playing "Vickball". But as I said, you have to have some type of rationalization for losing; so I somewhat expected some creative bullshit...and you didn't disappoint.

And yes, I'm pretty competitive and take league play serious. I don't think I'm nearly as competitive as you based on the amount of hours you've played (based on your ranked game stats) and a presumed affiliation with (Thanks Google!) the Madden World Syndicate (Based on "MWS Natural") and their various cash tournaments. From what I can gather from my experiences playing you and all the evidence I've been able to view; you're the most serious Madden player in our little leisurely leagues.

Unless you want to continue going at it publicly, I have no intention of spending another second addressing you. I will however continue to speak my mind about you when someone wants my opinion of you.

It's not my preference, but I can throw all day...

HoTHiTTeR

Off Topic, but On it at the same time; Why the hell do the ratings never update on the team select screen? That's pretty annoying that you have to go into roster mgmt and look at the new overall team ratings everytime there's an update.

Rorschach

Enough arguing; more scheduling of NFC title games! ;b

HoTHiTTeR said:
Off Topic, but On it at the same time; Why the hell do the ratings never update on the team select screen? That's pretty annoying that you have to go into roster mgmt and look at the new overall team ratings everytime there's an update.
The overall team ratings? They're pretty worthless anyway. The franchise ratings are more accurate than the "play now" or ranked multiplayer ratings. Some of them are artificially deflated/inflated. I go by the personnel ratings.

HoTHiTTeR

Rorschach said:
Enough arguing; more scheduling of NFC title games! ;b

The overall team ratings? They're pretty worthless anyway. The franchise ratings are more accurate than the "play now" or ranked multiplayer ratings. Some of them are artificially deflated/inflated. I go by the personnel ratings.

Yeah I know, but to the average Joe who wants to do a play now, that's pretty misleading that a 67 rated Falcons are really an 88.

Shawnwhann said:
You're pretty sad man....

I'm not going to justify your bullshit accusations with a serious reply. As some have mentioned, you should have saved videos of these alleged incidents and aired it out. The only problem with that approach is the fact that you couldn't create such evidence.... because it didn't happen in the way you portray.

I've been a vet of these leagues for several years and I've never been accused of playing "Vickball". But as I said, you have to have some type of rationalization for losing; so I somewhat expected some creative bullshit...and you didn't disappoint.

And yes, I'm pretty competitive and take league play serious. I don't think I'm nearly as competitive as you based on the amount of hours you've played (based on your ranked game stats) and a presumed affiliation with (Thanks Google!) the Madden World Syndicate (Based on "MWS Natural") and their various cash tournaments. From what I can gather from my experiences playing you and all the evidence I've been able to view; you're the most serious Madden player in our little leisurely leagues.

Unless you want to continue going at it publicly, I have no intention of spending another second addressing you. I will however continue to speak my mind about you when someone wants my opinion of you.

It's not my preference, but I can throw all day...

Creative bullshit? Really? :lol

First game we played you get completely shutdown so your coaching "adjustment' is to drop back or sprint 15 yards with your QB nearly every play so my slow pass rush can't get to you? Well it worked so I guess the last laugh is on me, can't fault you for doing whatever it takes to win man. But that was your MO around here anyways from what I've been told.

I should have saved all the other one's but it wasn't that serious, this one just made me lol the most. I thought you were going to going to cross over the 50 for a moment! I have nothing else to say but good luck the rest of the playoffs and hopefully you won't let your "competitiveness" turn any of the remaining games into an NFL Blitz sprint back show :D

Top Bottom