• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

MWS Natural said:
Creative bullshit? Really? :lol

First game we played you get completely shutdown so your coaching "adjustment' is to drop back or sprint 15 yards with your QB nearly every play so my slow pass rush can't get to you? Well it worked so I guess the last laugh is on me, can't fault you for doing whatever it takes to win man. But that was your MO around here anyways from what I've been told.

I should have saved all the other one's but it wasn't that serious, this one just made me lol the most. I thought you were going to going to cross over the 50 for a moment! I have nothing else to say but good luck the rest of the playoffs and hopefully you won't let your "competitiveness" turn any of the remaining games into an NFL Blitz sprint back show :D

:lol

That video means nothing dude. I tried finding an open guy, couldn't find anyone; so I sprinted away from a defensive player to throw the ball away. If you are going to honestly try and sit here and say that was indicative of my QB play the entire game, I restate my assessment that you are indeed a sad man. The bolded text had essentially written you off to me since you're going to sit here and fabricate a bullshit story.....

To those wondering if MWS is really in the Madden World Syndicate, the circumstantial evidence is too much to ignore....

He told me he usually plays for money and I have the AIM transcript to prove it, his sheer amount of games played in Madden is staggering, and his extremely high understanding of the game all confirm my suspicion.

Dude is as hardcore as it gets that plays for money so it's not a surprise he knows how to leverage the game in all of its ways.

Shawnwhann said:
:lol

That video means nothing dude. I tried finding an open guy, couldn't find anyone; so I sprinted away from a defensive player to throw the ball away. If you are going to honestly try and sit here and say that was indicative of my QB play the entire game, I restate my assessment that you are indeed a sad man. The bolded text had essentially written you off to me since you're going to sit here and fabricate a bullshit story.....

To those wondering if MWS is really in the Madden World Syndicate, the circumstantial evidence is too much to ignore....

He told me he usually plays for money and I have the AIM transcript to prove it, his sheer amount of games played in Madden is staggering, and his extremely high understanding of the game all confirm my suspicion.

Dude is as hardcore as it gets that plays for money so it's not a surprise he knows how to leverage the game in all of its ways.

Riiiiggght. Video proof of you running back 20yds on a pass play...QB 1 yard short of leading the team in rushing...history of BS play in not only Madden but in other sports games. Seems pretty much in line with your history man.

lol @ trying to make MWS some sort of controversy. MWS is nothing but a madden forum I joined years ago when I used to play for money on the PS2. I haven't played Madden for anything but fun for the past 4 years. That's like calling all GAF members professional video game players :lol Good job trying to turn your history of grade A cheese play into something about me.

MWS Natural said:
Riiiiggght. Video proof of you running back 20yds on a pass play...QB 1 yard short of leading the team in rushing...history of BS play in not only Madden but in other sports games. Seems pretty much in line with your history man.

lol @ trying to make MWS some sort of controversy. MWS is nothing but a madden forum I joined years ago when I used to play for money on the PS2. I haven't played Madden for anything but fun for the past 4 years. That's like calling all GAF members professional video game players :lol Good job trying to turn your history of grade A cheese play into something about me.

You don't know shit about me guy so don't come in here and try to act like you've known me for years. I don't know who you are getting your information from, and I don't care. Reasonable people can disagree and discuss, but I can't have a back and forth with someone that exaggerates, bends and violates the truth like you do.

As far as I'm concerned, you no longer exist to me.

Welcome to my ignore list!

Shawnwhann said:
You don't know shit about me guy so don't come in here and try to act like you've known me for years. I don't know who you are getting your information from, and I don't care. Reasonable people can disagree and discuss, but I can't have a back and forth with someone that exaggerates, bends and violates the truth like you do.

As far as I'm concerned, you no longer exist to me.

Welcome to my ignore list!

I've done nothing but discuss reasonably and provide facts regarding the game with proof. No I don't know you personally but you sure seemed to be trying to get to know me pretty well. Saving transcripts of my AIM conversations and "Googling" my name for research? I don't think I've ever had another man this interested in me, what's next FBI background checks?? :lol I will happily join your ignore list as well as being a proud card carrying member of the Shawnhann Hate Club :D

DenogginizerOS said:
http://www.maddenworldsyndicate.com/

MWS,

Are you a member of the "MaddenWorldSyndicate"?

Sorry I missed this post. I used to visit their forums a while ago when it was active but I have never been a paid member or anything like that. Some guys would host online PS2 leagues through the forums.

Let me know when you can roll DM, I should be good anytime tonight with the exception of the 9pm-10pm PST block for Prison Break.

Thanks!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Are any of you going to play Madden more with the X360 version? I am renting it from Gamefly and am curious if anyone wants to play in mini-tourneys or something.

Somnia

DenogginizerOS said:
Are any of you going to play Madden more with the X360 version? I am renting it from Gamefly and am curious if anyone wants to play in mini-tourneys or something.

I still have it on 360 Denogg. Shoot me a friend request so we can play sometime...DKMS Somnia is my live name.

Sorry Rors, I've been slammed this week with work. One way or another, you'll have a SB game to play this weekend.

DM what's your schedule looking like for the rest of the week?

DMczaf

Everyday we don't play is another $1 off my trade-in value!

It sucks having the playoffs during my last 2 weeks of classes, so busy!

DMczaf said:
Everyday we don't play is another $1 off my trade-in value!

It sucks having the playoffs during my last 2 weeks of classes, so busy!

Well tonight is out of the question for me as I have a huge presentation tomorrow I'll be prepping for throughout this evening. After tomorrow though, it's easy street through the weekend.

Mrbob

Well, since DM or Shawn don't seem to want to get the game in does this mean I can play Rors in the super bowl by default? I think so!

Rorschach

2ls8gtg.jpg

Suddenly, I wish MrBob had won. He'd be more reliable!

DMczaf said:
WTF, I must have missed this. I was avaliable too!

I'm ready to go tonight or tomorrow!

Was at a fight party last night watching Oscar get his ass handed to him.

I'm on AIM all day. I can play anytime outside of the Cowboys game today at 1pm.

Ramirez

Shawnwhann said:
Was at a fight party last night watching Oscar get his ass handed to him.

I'm on AIM all day. I can play anytime outside of the Cowboys game today at 1pm.

What a waste of a day that was for you. :lol :D

GG DM...eeked out a 28-24 win from a go ahead 24 yard touchdown pass from Romo to TO

What's next week looking like for the bowl game Rors?

DMczaf said:
I guess we have no 4th down rules anymore, that's good to find out during a game.

Time for Gamestop!

1. First quarter...down 10-0, I went for it on a 4th and 2 at my 47 yard line or so..didn't convert and a turnover on downs

2. Third quarter with :23 left...down 24-21, I went for for it on a 4th and 3 at my 45 or so yard line and converted a play for seven yards

Considering I was having my ass handed to me on big plays through the air and the ground...and I was down 90% of the game...I felt I had to go for it to stay competitive.

Your call Rors, but it is what it is...

DMczaf

1. 4th and 3 from your 43, in the 1st quarter.

2. 4th and 3 from your 43. in the 3rd quarter.

I would love to meet this magical coach in the NFL who goes for it from his own 43 on 4th and 3 everytime.

Since no one else cares, I don't care. It's not like bending or breaking rules in this league has mattered this season for anyone else, since FMT is too busy with his precious NCAA!

DMczaf said:
1. 4th and 2 from your 43, in the 1st quarter.

2. 4th and 3 from your 47. in the 3rd quarter.

I would love to meet this magical coach in the NFL who goes for it from his own 43 on 4th and 3 everytime.

Since no one else cares, I don't care. It's not like bending or breaking rules in this league has mattered this season for anyone else, since FMT is too busy with his precious NCAA!

Bolded indicates fixes from reviewing the actual details from the EA highlight page.

I don't know what to tell you bro. I went for it twice all game and only converted once.

You were killing me with huge plays in the air and on the ground, my players were dropping balls left and right...and I needed to do what I had to on those judgment call scenarios to stay in the game.

I don't think I broke the spirit of fair play, and the game wasn't decided on either of those two plays. IMHO, it was you throwing your lone pick late in the fourth that helped me seal it...

Rorschach

Oy vey! Sorry, I've been watching SNF.

You don't break the rules because you think it's not so bad. You can't say "I'm gonna break this rule because what I'm doing is almost within the rules." You play within the rules. I don't care if it's the 43 or 49. Both are out of the limit.

I don't care if it didn't decide the game. You didn't know that at the time. You knowingly broke the rule. I don't care if you didn't convert. You wouldn't have gone for it if you knew you weren't going to convert.

That's the "spirit" of the rules. The spirit of the rules isn't "let me see how much I can bend before I break" or "it ain't broke 'till someone sees it". They aren't guidelines. They are RULES.

I can't all of a sudden say "I'm gonna manual catch this, but it's ok because I really need it" or "it's ok because I ended up dropping". Don't do it in the first place! You know the rules. You're not even defending that you didn't break them or didn't try to break them. You're saying you didn't break them by much. That's not what this league is about, man. Or was...I don't even know anymore.

i know i haven't really been involved in the league for a while, but i have to concur with rors on this one. i hope EA brings back fair play next year and eliminates this.

there were times this past season where i faced the same shit and punted because that's the rules, that is what's expected. you go into a game thinking "ok if i get a guy in 4th down in this situation he has to punt". it changes the way you call plays. if you know someone is going to go for it on 4th anyways, it could change your 3rd down playcalling.

you play through the whole season and to make it to the championship game and be subjected to having the rules KNOWINGLY broken on you is pretty ridiculous.

you can say "well it didn't cost you the game here", but that doesn't mean much. no one can say how things played out if this or that didn't happen.

personally, harsh as it sounds, i would reverse the game or have it replayed. why do we have rules if it's just going to be a slap on the wrist everytime someone breaks them?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
personally, harsh as it sounds, i would reverse the game
Alright, game reversed! Superbowl played and DM won. I call shenanigans on Madden, but he won! GG, fraud!

Anticlimactic ftw. :lol

DenogginizerOS said:
a fitting end to a messed up season

I'm not even tripping over it either. But I did want to speak on it briefly...

IMO, this is an example of the proverbial "smoke filled backroom compromise amongst ol' friends" hashed out offline and brought online.

I especially loved Rors rant about how I knowingly broke rules and I didn't care about them despite the fact the fourth down rule has been changed many times over the years. Last I knew, all fourth down attempts were acceptable as long as you were down...yet I couldn't check anyways due to the fact LD is expired. The only sense I had that it wasn't ok was when DM decided to make it an issue...

Since we are on rules, let's discuss the hypocrisy that Rors is exhibiting with his actions. If you were so concerned about rules being followed and preserving the integrity of the game; you shouldn't have subbed in on games only to position yourself to "phone it in". If I recall correctly from our game, you did everything from sitting starters (Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis) to playing uncharacteristically (99% pass, no running game etc.) unlike yourself to give your opponents easy wins. I imagine you did similar things in your other games you subbed in as well. There is no way anyone can convince me that a person going 15-1 throughout the year with a shitty team like the Raiders can be 0-4 (from my count...) in substitution games... So I find it laughable and ridiculous that you're going to sit up here and try to lecture me on the spirit of rules and integrity in this league. I'd reckon your actions are much more offensive than two fourth down conversions I did...

If you want to give league championships to individuals based on technicalities, it's up to you. If you want to cater to old friends that politic over AIM, that's up to you. You want to basically rob our community of a legitimate and undisputed champion, that's up to you.

This transparent bullshit has completely soured me on continuing to play in this league and, in turn, I want nothing to do with it anymore as evidenced by the requested removal of a tag I was very proud of until early this morning.

It is what it is, I'll catch you guys around the way.

Rorschach

Shawnwhann said:
Awesome... Didn't even get a chance to have a rebuttal. You guys are classic....
My initial thought was to just have you guys replay it after hearing what you had to say. I posted that post, then I went on AIM to talk to you guys (notice I didn't deliver punishment in that post). I sent you a message on AIM and immediately after, you logged out. I then told DM that I would wait for your response and that most likely, you guys would replay it.

After some deliberation, I decided to just get this mess of a season over with. I waited since the 29th for you guys to play and this is what happened. I did not feel like waiting another week for you guys to replay it and he was available last night. I've got stuff to do and both of you guys are busy. I guess pent up frustration had something to do with it as well. People keep breaking the rules (knowingly or not) and not getting punished. It's been that way forever. The only person to ever suffer any repressions for his actions has been Bog.

What would your rebuttal have been, anyway? You admittedly and knowingly broke the rules twice in one game. The only matter left to resolve was not your guilt, but the punishment for your actions.

I know this league has always been lenient, and this season hasn't been any different, but I guess this was the straw.

---oh, nm, here it is... popped up while I was in the john!

Shawnwhann said:
I especially loved Rors rant about how I knowingly broke rules and I didn't care about them despite the fact the fourth down rule has been changed many times over the years. Last I knew, all fourth down attempts were acceptable as long as you were down...yet I couldn't check anyways due to the fact LD is expired. The only sense I had that it wasn't ok was when DM decided to make it an issue...
Sounded to me like you knew. And LD barely expired last night. I always said to check the rules and it was always in the weekly announcements. I can't ask everyone on a game to game basis to read the friggin' rules. It's up to you to know them.

Since we are on rules, let's discuss the hypocrisy that Rors is exhibiting with his actions. If you were so concerned about rules being followed and preserving the integrity of the game; you shouldn't have subbed in on games only to position yourself to "phone it in". If I recall correctly from our game, you did everything from sitting starters (Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis) to playing uncharacteristically (99% pass, no running game etc.) unlike yourself to give your opponents easy wins.
First of all, I sat Campbell and Portis because it was the only way to get YOU to play. You didn't want to play me because you thought it would be too hard and that you would be forced to reveal your awesome strategy against me. It was an incentive to get you guys to play me because MrBob and others had the same issue.

Second, I played DM hard in my fill in Vikes game. He wanted me to start all my starters and opposed me starting backups. Our game went down to the wire and was decided by 2 points at the last minute. The Panthers game got out of hand when McCown went in for injured Delhomme. I was actually up 10-0 with Jake.

I imagine you did similar things in your other games you subbed in as well. There is no way anyone can convince me that a person going 15-1 throughout the year with a shitty team like the Raiders can be 0-4 (from my count...) in substitution games... So I find it laughable and ridiculous that you're going to sit up here and try to lecture me on the spirit of rules and integrity in this league. I'd reckon your actions are much more offensive than two fourth down conversions I did...
My game against LJ as the Dolphins also went down to the last minute and I held CB to as long as I could before Westbrook tore me up using the shitty Dolphins D.

If you want to give league championships to individuals based on technicalities, it's up to you.
Cool because that's exactly what I wanted to do and guess what? I already did it. DM gets another asterisk championship! \o/

If you want to cater to old friends that politic over AIM, that's up to you. You want to basically rob our community of a legitimate and undisputed champion, that's up to you.

This transparent bullshit has completely soured me on continuing to play in this league and, in turn, I want nothing to do with it anymore as evidenced by the requested removal of a tag I was very proud of until early this morning.

It is what it is, I'll catch you guys around the way.
Sweet. See ya. I wonder if I had been the champ what the reaction would have been...

LJ11

I just caught up with the thread, don't know what to say really.

Going for it on 4th down late in the 3rd is a gray area. I think the rule states you could go for it on 4th down anywhere on the field in the 4th quarter if you're trailing . My memory might be wrong but if it isn't, it's really close (under a minute to go in the 3rd) and if Shawn was my opponent I probably wouldn't have taken issue with it. The 1st quarter is clear cut, Shawn should have punted according to the rules.

I think Rors is a nice guy, he wouldn't mail in games on purpose. Filling in for someone was a necessity this season, it's a tough thing to do. You're kind of hamstrung, especially if you fill in multiple times. Inevitably you end up having a bigger impact on the league than you should. Rors took time out to play these games, he really tried to get the league finished when no one else really cared, it shouldn't be held against him.

Shawn, hopefully you change your mind next season, though your comments leave little wiggle room I suppose. Sometimes we take this game too seriously, not directing this at anyone in particular, I'm just as guilty as anyone else. Madden can be a frustrating game at times, we get caught up in the game, and forget the real purpose of running this league, having a good time.

Rorschach said:
I sent you a message on AIM and immediately after, you logged out.

I never got such an IM...

Rorschach said:
After some deliberation, I decided to just get this mess of a season over with.

Which didn't include me

Rorschach said:
I guess pent up frustration had something to do with it as well.

Cosign

Rorschach said:
People keep breaking the rules (knowingly or not) and not getting punished.It's been that way forever.

Yet I get an unprecedented and ultimate punishment in a playoff game determining a Super Bowl participant.

Rorschach said:
Sounded to me like you knew. And LD barely expired last night. I always said to check the rules and it was always in the weekly announcements. I can't ask everyone on a game to game basis to read the friggin' rules. It's up to you to know them.

Think about it dude.... how would I have known when I practically won most of my games in a blowout fashion all year. I haven't had the need to go for it on 4th down...

In addition, I've received PMs from 3 people already that also thought 4th down attempts were acceptable as long as you're down....so I'm not the only one unclear.

I only know about LD being down from trying to look at the rules this morning, I still don't know the language about it as I type...

Rorschach said:
First of all, I sat Campbell and Portis because it was the only way to get YOU to play. You didn't want to play me because you thought it would be too hard and that you would be forced to reveal your awesome strategy against me. It was an incentive to get you guys to play me because MrBob and others had the same issue.

The point remains dude, if you cared about integrity you should have said the game gets played as usual. There was an extreme conflict of interest and my point stands now that we should have been the ones determining the outcome of the season.

Rorschach said:
Cool because that's exactly what I wanted to do and guess what? I already did it. DM gets another asterisk championship! \o/

You can be cute all you want; but I'm calling a spade a spade. DM and I could have sorted this out ourselves, but he didn't respond to my IMs after the game. He had an agenda and decided to work on you behind the scenes, and it obviously worked.

Rorschach said:
Sweet. See ya. I wonder if I had been the champ what the reaction would have been...

A lot less muted, apathetic and pathetic for a few options. Notice how nobody has yet to congratulate DM for his win. You are to blame for the way this has ended. You should retire your commission hat because you obviously don't have the temperament and objectivity to let the best solution emerge from the various conflicts you encounter in your position of leadership.

LJ11 said:
I just caught up with the thread, don't know what to say really.

Going for it on 4th down late in the 3rd is a gray area. I think the rule states you could go for it on 4th down anywhere on the field in the 4th quarter if you're trailing . My memory might be wrong but if it isn't, it's really close (under a minute to go in the 3rd) and if Shawn was my opponent I probably wouldn't have taken issue with it. The 1st quarter is clear cut, Shawn should have punted according to the rules.

I think Rors is a nice guy, he wouldn't mail in games on purpose. Filling in for someone was a necessity this season, it's a tough thing to do. You're kind of hamstrung, especially if you fill in multiple times. Inevitably you end up having a bigger impact on the league than you should. Rors took time out to play these games, he really tried to get the league finished when no one else really cared, it shouldn't be held against him.

Shawn, hopefully you change your mind next season, though your comments leave little wiggle room I suppose. Sometimes we take this game too seriously, not directing this at anyone in particular, I'm just as guilty as anyone else. Madden can be a frustrating game at times, we get caught up in the game, and forget the real purpose of running this league, having a good time.

Rors is a good guy from what I can gather, and I think he means well....

My problem is that he made a decision based on emotion instead of being level headed and reasonable about it. FMT alluded to two options that were on the table and it didn't take long for Rors to make the executive decision to take the extreme option while making assumptions on my state of mind (again, assumes the worst case explanation) while playing DM.

Top Bottom