• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rorschach

Slo said:
I do my killin' after 10 Central.

bttf3_martyatbar.jpg
Ok cool.

haha the anti-hotlink image says "geekroar" as in "geek ror?" :'(

I Love when people used constant corner routes and swing passes to the RB everytime. It gets to the point where ill just let them march down the field, and as soon as they get close ill switch to a zone defence and have a LB or DB waiting in on the flat or on the corner route to jump the pass and intercept for a TD. its even worse when they keep on doing it. I think i ended up with like 5 INT's one game.

i don't use the corner route much, but swing passes to your RB is essential against teams who like to blitz the shit out of you. call it cheese if you want, but that's what you get when you blitz a gajillion people at me! (not saying you personally, but the game in general)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah totally i pass to my RB almost auto when i get a big blitz. But when i played against this guy i wasnt even blitzing. Infact i almost never blitz anymore.

schedule is up friends. i think it is tough but fair in most cases. let me know if you see any problems. i have taken into account all requests and that should be reflected in the schedule. read the site for more information as i will be updating and unlocking week 1 shortly

Your Games
Date Opponent Result Opp
Week 1 at Washington Redskins DJ Demon J
Week 2 vs PHILADELPHIA EAGLES Gunstar77
Week 3 at San Francisco 49ers frenchmovietheme
Week 4 vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS Drey1082
Week 5 at Seattle Seahawks LonestarGA
Week 6 vs SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS frenchmovietheme
Week 7 vs DETROIT LIONS Cloudy
Week 8 at Chicago Bears Mrbob2k6
Week 9 at Philadelphia Eagles Gunstar77
Week 10 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS AZYUMA86
Week 11 vs ATLANTA FALCONS Truelize
Week 12 at Kansas City Chiefs malleymal
Week 13 at Atlanta Falcons Truelize
Week 14 vs NEW YORK JETS iceDragon7
Week 15 vs WASHINGTON REDSKINS DJ Demon J
Week 16 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers dmczaf

Pretty tough schedule, but I feel it is my duty to take the Cards to the playoffs.

Rorschach

Prediction time for me!

Code:
Week 1	 New York Giants	Wellington	[B]L[/B]
Week 2	Dallas Cowboys	        hgplayer1	[B]L[/B]
Week 3	at Detroit Lions	Cloudy	        [B]W[/B]
Week 4	Oakland Raiders	        ShadowRed       [B]W[/B]
Week 5	Atlanta Falcons	        Truelize	[B]L[/B]
Week 6	at Dallas Cowboys	hgplayer1	[B]L[/B]
Week 7	at Tampa Bay Buccaneers	dmczaf	        [B]Is there such thing as a "double L?"[/B]
Week 8	Green Bay Packers	AZYUMA86	[B]L[/B]
Week 9	at San Diego Chargers	ColdBlooded33	[B]L[/B]
Week 10	Seattle Seahawks	LonestarGA	[B]W[/B]
Week 11	Detroit Lions	         Cloudy	        [B]W[/B]
Week 12	at Buffalo Bills	 DCX	        [B]L[/B]
Week 13	Houston Texans	        matrixadw       [B]L[/B]
Week 14	at Atlanta Falcons	Truelize	[B]W[/B]
Week 15	at Seattle Seahawks	LonestarGA	[B]W[/B]
Week 16	at Oakland Raiders	ShadowRed       [B]W[/B]

7-9, baby!

guys, for the time being, enter your stats as you have been. i know it has been suggested a few times that the "winner" should enter all stats, but i don't agree with that 100%. first off, why should you be rewarded with having to enter your opponents stats? so, enter your own stats, we're all adults and should all be able to handle being stomped.

also, please read the top of the league page for details on "if your game is disconnected..., it is very important. here it is incase you dont care to visit the front page:

***IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DISCONNECTED GAMES****

guys, unfortunately disconnected games are a reality we are going to have to deal with. here is what happens if your game gets disconnected:

1. if your game is disconnected, and says "You were disconnected from your opponent, what would you like to do?" and offers you to "continue vs. CPU", please select that option. then, immediately after, pause the game and record all stats to that point. I know that's a pain in the ***, but it must be done and then you must finish out the remainder of whats left in the game by starting a new unranked game and adding the new stats from the remainder. if neither of you receives that "Continue vs. cpu message", and you are both disconnected, go to option 2...

2. play the game over. this especially sucks if you were stomping your opponent, but i have yet to be involved in a disconnected game where one or the other of the players WEREN'T given the option to continue vs. the cpu. so i would find it very fishy if you and your opponent both say they weren't given the option. it is possible it could happen, but from my experience not very probable.

ALSO important and i almost forgot!

i scheduled the games correctly from a "home vs. away" standpoint. this isn't 100% vital and necessary, but if at all possible TRY to challenge your opponent if you are home, and if he is scheduled to be home let him challenge you.

Oh yeah, Newsguy whenever your ready to play let me know since today and tommorow are my days off work so it would be great to play wi thin tonight and tommorow.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Oh man. :lol My schedule makes me want to cry. :lol Maybe these are tears of joy.
I get CP, Wellie, FMT, Rorschach, Gunstar77 and Demon twice each. Ouch.
(edit I only play Wellie once but I'm sure it's gonna hurt like a double stuff)

My goal from here on out is to finish games without fumbles. I have yet to do it in the last 5 games I've played.

Note: Thanks to Demon I now know that the ball is live on kickoffs. Yup the Canadian didn't know that. I thought it was so odd that he would waste all that energy jumping on the ball in the end zone. Little did I know. :lol

CB3

iceDragon7 said:
Predictions for my Jets are...
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!
with my only lose being against FMT in Week 7 :D

haha 1 win against me when i was using the 9ers is hardly worthy of this bragging. Also beating scrubs =/ good. You've very lucky you dont play chargers, but IF you make it to the playoffs ill be there waiting :)

CB3

hmm since newsguy hasent been on im guessing we just skip the second pre-season game and jump to week 1?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yep.

Fmt we start playing games tomorrow?

newsguy

ColdBlooded33 said:
hmm since newsguy hasent been on im guessing we just skip the second pre-season game and jump to week 1?

Just got home. You're on the west coast right? I'm up to play if you want, although I'm not sure it will reflect in the stats?

CB3

Im gonna get some food so i dont think ill be able to play. I mean if we really have to play i guess i could work somthing out but since the stats for the preseason are gone im guessing preseason is over. Fmt, Fifty? let us know

you can begin playing your week 1 games now. reference the league homepage for details on advancement.

preseason is over with. the stats are still there (select "preseason" from whatever stat menu you are on), but it is unnecessary to play any remaining games.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX,what time do you want to play? I can play tonight *well its almost 12 am today* if we can or anytime tomorrow night past 7 pm eastern time,let me know.

edit- ugh does DCX even have a xbox now? :\

CB3

Ramirez, let me know when you can play tomorrow. I can play any time after 6 West coast tomorrow i think so let me know.

dcx is getting a new xbox. if he is unable to play his week 1 game, we will have a fill-in.

remember guys, the leagues "start date" is technically friday, so don't get up-in-arms if people aren't playing immediately. this is just for those of us who are excited and ready to play.

i will keep you updated on dcx's situation matrix

Matrix

Drey1082

Well, me and Konex tried, but to no avail.

First game, my internet connection goes down for about 30 minutes with 1 minute left to play....

Second game, he gets a dirty disk error, in the fourth quarter...

Only thing gained is knowing that me and konex both suck.

Fifty

I think you can forget about your second preseason game :lol

It's nice you guys were playing it, but the whole point was to see who would flake on us..so just worry about your first game of the season drey ;p Sorry to hear you guys had problem though.

Drey1082

Yeah, we tried.... I'm actually glad the second game didn't finish either, since between the two of us I think we had some where around 15+ turnovers... That's being honest.... It was that horrible. I suck with the colts.

ColdBlooded33 said:
That lasted long :lol

Like I was serious about that.

Hey FMT when I was inputting my Defensive player stats, I noticed that Jon McGraw #38 SS
wasn't in my Roster list... Thought you might want to check that out, I might have missed him but I looked over a few times and found nothing. He only got 1 tackle if you add him in.

Mrbob

iceDragon7 said:
Predictions for my Jets are...
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!
with my only lose being against FMT in Week 7 :D

rock02.jpg

WHO is this roody poo?

Does someone in my division think he is going to be the champ? Oh hell no! The champ is here!

rock2.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I actually got a win in what was probably the most conservative game of Madden I have ever played. Both AZYUMA86 and I played conservative. The only difference was that my Dline must be taking some of The Clear & The Cream cause I got 7 sacks on him without blizting. Crazy.
I still fumbled twice, luckily got one back. I totally forgot about using the Y button to cover up. I thought that was taken out of this years controls. Once again my smarts prevail me. :D

DJ_Tet

Banned
doh!

Can't log in to League Daddy :(

I only saw the first two weeks of the schedule, is it all up now? I saw the new divisions as well...

Fifty

Yeah, it's all up. For some reason the league seems to have problems loading (doesn't load at all) late at night. This has lasted quite a while tonight but it should be up in the morning (the league, not the schedule)

edit: It's up now

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Drey1082 said:
I suck with the colts.

Colts: Once against we have PROVEN to be the Bane of any and all who dare use us, MWHAHAHA

Edit: Why on the rankings, when everyone else is in alphabetical order, is the 49ers that #2 (was #1). I don't get that....

And Ror, sorry buddy, but I do not conced those pre-played losses. My Macaroni and cheese is MUCH better than yours.

Week 1 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS [-enter-] JayFro W
Week 2 at Miami Dolphins (locked) newsguy W
Week 3 vs OAKLAND RAIDERS (locked) ShadowRed W
Week 4 at Philadelphia Eagles (locked) Gunstar77 L
Week 5 vs ARIZONA CARDINALS (locked) CP W
Week 6 vs NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (locked) KingVitaman W
Week 7 at Green Bay Packers (locked) AZYUMA86 L
Week 8 vs DETROIT LIONS (locked) Cloudy W
Week 9 vs DALLAS COWBOYS (locked) hgplayer1 L
Week 10 at New England Patriots (locked) Rorschach L
Week 11 vs TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (locked) dmczaf L
Week 12 at Dallas Cowboys (locked) hgplayer1 W
Week 13 at Oakland Raiders (locked) ShadowRed W
Week 14 at Carolina Panthers (locked) DJ_Tet L
Week 15 vs NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (locked) Rorschach W AND TO WIN THE DIVISION
Week 16 at Detroit Lions (locked) Cloudy W

10-6 Prediction.

Slo

I'm not going to make predictions, but I'm afraid I'd predict myself into a 4-12 record even if I tried. :lol

Week 1 vs TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS [-enter-] dmczaf
Week 2 at Baltimore Ravens (locked) Fifty
Week 3 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (locked) ColdBlooded33
Week 4 at Buffalo Bills (locked) DCX
Week 5 vs HOUSTON TEXANS (locked) matrixadw
Week 6 at New York Giants (locked) Wellington
Week 7 vs CHICAGO BEARS (locked) Mrbob2k6
Week 8 at Pittsburgh Steelers (locked) Ramirez
Week 9 vs BALTIMORE RAVENS (locked) Fifty
Week 10 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS (locked) Ramirez
Week 11 at Denver Broncos (locked) Andokuky
Week 12 at New York Jets (locked) iceDragon7
Week 13 vs DENVER BRONCOS (locked) Andokuky
Week 14 at Green Bay Packers (locked) AZYUMA86
Week 15 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS (locked) JayFro
Week 16 at Miami Dolphins (locked) newsguy

Ramirez

Yea I MIGHT be able to play tonight,I'm supposed to be doing a raid in WoW with my guild,but I will try to get off and sneak the game in,I'm on Est time,so I'll be looking for you at some point on AIM,what's your name on there?

AIM-CtownSkins3

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
I'm not going to make predictions, but I'm afraid I'd predict myself into a 4-12 record even if I tried. :lol

Week 1 vs TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS [-enter-] dmczaf
Week 2 at Baltimore Ravens (locked) Fifty
Week 3 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (locked) ColdBlooded33
Week 4 at Buffalo Bills (locked) DCX
Week 5 vs HOUSTON TEXANS (locked) matrixadw
Week 6 at New York Giants (locked) Wellington
Week 7 vs CHICAGO BEARS (locked) Mrbob2k6
Week 8 at Pittsburgh Steelers (locked) Ramirez
Week 9 vs BALTIMORE RAVENS (locked) Fifty
Week 10 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS (locked) Ramirez
Week 11 at Denver Broncos (locked) Andokuky
Week 12 at New York Jets (locked) iceDragon7
Week 13 vs DENVER BRONCOS (locked) Andokuky
Week 14 at Green Bay Packers (locked) AZYUMA86
Week 15 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS (locked) JayFro
Week 16 at Miami Dolphins (locked) newsguy

Don't worry buddy, you'll get yet another 4th quarter last minute win over me!

Top Bottom