• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next Ryu Ga Gotoku game will be revealed at TGS 2024

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Like-a-Dragon_-Infinite-Wealth_20240120222947-1024x576.jpg

According to a recent live stream from the studio, its next title will be revealed in September at TGS.

No further information is known about the game, or which franchise the game will be from.
Earlier this month, during the Essence of Fandom event at Anime Expo, RGG teased the next title, saying that fans would be “surprised.”

Fans in attendance later clarified that RGG may have been referencing Like A Dragon. However, it’s also possible that the Judgement series will receive a new entry.
Tokyo Game Show 2024 will take place in the Makuhari Messe in Mihama-ku, Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture. It is expected that a quarter of a million visitors will attend the show when it takes place from September 26 until September 29.

Power Pro

I'll say it again, give me a full game where you play as a girl working hard to become the biggest idol in Japan. No violence, just fun side quests, outfit customizing, character interactions, stuff like that...

Yeah, I know it'll never happen, but I can dream

Kurotri

Infinite Wealth was excellect. Easily my favourite together with 7. But I hope there's a similar gap before the eventual 9th entry, I'd rather want a new Judgment or a new IP now.

Last edited:

Labadal

They should get Nagoshi back. I still like their games, but I think that they need him. None of the post Nagoshi games are in my Yakuza top 3.

Go_Ly_Dow

Don't care about the milking. They're good games and well worth the money and the quality has been increasing in recent entries.

I hope it's the next main Like A Dragon game rather than a spin off

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Starts on a thursday, so Microsoft will not buy Sega D:

But maybe Judgement for GamePass alongside the announcement of 3?

FUBARx89

That's way too much. Way to adopt the ol Ass Creed model of mediocrity

They've typically put out at least one Yakuza/spin offs/remake a year. There's only a few years since Yakuza 1 they haven't.

07, 19, 22 are they only years they haven't.

Also, I hope it's a Judgement game. Lost Judgement was quality.

IW was great for scope, but a mess of a story. I'm nit picking here, but everyone and I mean everyone knowing Japanese bar a few taxi drivers at the start was ridiculous.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Only one this year? We're really falling off. Better get back to work so we can get back to that monthly cadence

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'll say it again, give me a full game where you play as a girl working hard to become the biggest idol in Japan. No violence, just fun side quests, outfit customizing, character interactions, stuff like that...

Yeah, I know it'll never happen, but I can dream
3842436.gif

Geometric-Crusher

"Nintendo games are like indies, and worth at most $19" 🤡
Dragon Engine next level
Open world, almost an urban Hellblade 2
the most Shenmue of the Like a Dragon games
violent compared to Tlous
xbox 6090

That's my bet

Last edited:
Top Bottom