• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Showdown Town was 100 times better than any of the levels, that was the sad thing, I probably put more hours into finding the pink crates in the hub world than I did actually doing levels.

PumpkinPie said:
Showdown Town was 100 times better than any of the levels, that was the sad thing, I probably put more hours into finding the pink crates in the hub world than I did actually doing levels.

Agreed. More exploration throughout the other worlds was nowhere to be seen. Note collection was lame at best. A real shame considering how awesome ST is. Best hub world ever designed: clear layout, tons of things to do, beautiful to watch and with brilliant music transitions.

PumpkinPie said:

Yeah, I think a lot of people feel this way. I put a ton of time goofing around in the hub world than I did in the levels. Once I made it up to the horrible inside 360 level I stopped playing the actual levels all together.

VGChampion said:
Yeah, I think a lot of people feel this way. I put a ton of time goofing around in the hub world than I did in the levels. Once I made it up to the horrible inside 360 level I stopped playing the actual levels all together.

Yeah, that was definitely the worst one. I did absolutely love the Banjoland level though, that was probably one of my fav levels of all time...so many memories, and the music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lusnvsuL1A

AppleBlade

Just picked up this game on the cheap. I got 11 jiggies so far. I love the visuals (from a technical and art style perspective) but I'm not having as much fun as I thought I would with it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't have that addictive, I want to keep playing feeling I get when I play something like Super Mario Galaxy 1&2.

It's good enough that I think I'll keep playing until I finish it, perhaps I'll start enjoying it more as I progress into the game.

MrVargas said:
Just picked up this game on the cheap. I got 11 jiggies so far. I love the visuals (from a technical and art style perspective) but I'm not having as much fun as I thought I would with it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't have that addictive, I want to keep playing feeling I get when I play something like Super Mario Galaxy 1&2.

It's good enough that I think I'll keep playing until I finish it, perhaps I'll start enjoying it more as I progress into the game.

well, SMG is a true 3D platformer

Found out that my save recently is corrupt...Yes, i get to try and complete again!

You know what really pissed me off the most about this game? It was some of the more passionate banjo fans who were upset this wasn't really banjo 3.
I mean i understand where they coming from i guess, but in a way i thought it was a weird reception to banjo. In that here was a imaginative and a visual corker of game, something that rare has always been known for.

Pit

D6PfW.jpg

Stopdoor

Yeah, it depends on how much "traditional platforming" you find acceptable. There's a decent amount in the hub world, you can always get out of vehicles and hop around but you often won't be platforming in the main worlds.

Raven77

I absolutely loved this game and I am a hardcore fan of the originals. YES it was not the game I wanted it to be, but it was still a really fun game.

Sydle

sorry to bump an old thread, but is there any traditional platforming in this game, before I go buying it.

There is a little bit in the hub world, Showdown Town, but the world stages are pretty much devoid of it. You'll be spending pretty much all your time in a vehicle.

I am a huge fan of the original game. This wasn't the Banjo I wanted, but I still had a lot of fun with it, putting in about 40 hours or so, but it was mostly because I enjoyed building and testing out vehicles.

Top Bottom