• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jett said:
I do have a botched trophy though, the "set 10 time road rules one" I have a bunch of them and no trophy. :|

Not that you're going to listen to a "drama queen," but:

1) Backup Paradise save to another account on PS3.
2) Start game.
3) Road Rules beaten 10 times (do the easiest ones, Bike/Car doesn't matter)
4) ?????
5) TROPHY PROFIT!
6) Delete save and put your old save back and you're good to go.

ScHlAuChi

Nabs said:
thats how i do it on the pc.

Yeah, the PC version supports it, but as i have PS3 version im screwed ;)
Just because Alex Ward said D-Pad controls arent possible on console, which is BS of course!

Levi

Banned
I just need three online trophies for my plat--one freeburn challenge, 10 freeburn challenges, and meet in the Wildcats stadium. I played for over an hour and couldn't find any full rooms doing freeburn challenges. Have I missed the boat on getting these trophies?

Agent X

VsRobot said:
I just need three online trophies for my plat--one freeburn challenge, 10 freeburn challenges, and meet in the Wildcats stadium. I played for over an hour and couldn't find any full rooms doing freeburn challenges. Have I missed the boat on getting these trophies?

No, I still see lots of people doing the challenges online. I've been trying to get some more myself lately (up to 342 out of 500 now).

When you open Easy Drive to go online, choose the option to select a game instead of "quick start" (or whatever the first option is called). This will bring up a list, and you can see how many people are in a game and what types of games (challenges, Stunt Run, Marked Man, Cops & Robbers, etc.) they're participating in. Look for a room with 6/8 or 7/8 players doing challenges (not 8/8, as that's a full game).

When you've got 8 people in the game, ask the host to do the challenge to meet at the Wildcats stadium. Many hosts will gladly oblige, as it's an easy challenge, and doesn't take much time as long as all of the players are fairly familiar with the game.

Kryten

Well crap. The thread bump prompted me to fire up Paradise again last night to see if could knock out a few more challenges and BAM, my saves (360) are gone. There's nothing more depressing than seeing "Smashes 7/400" and "Cars 1/73". I don't think I can face starting over again.........

Finally got my platinum. Still need to do 10 timed challenges (no one seems to want to do those) and the cops/robbers ones. Every game of C&R I enter is utterly devoid of people who want to actually play the dlc. Wtf did you buy it for, then? Sheesh.

Ahaha, I finally got the 8 players in Wildcats stadium trophy. Took me months, but finally I found a group of people who went and actually did the challenge instead of whatever the hell they wanted. :lol

Now all I need is the mugshot trophy but I don't even have a camera compatible with the PS3. I'm so close to the Platinum, why'd they have to make such a dumb trophy. : (

I'm having a weird problem with my game. I have the PSN version and it's fully updated and I have all of the DLC. I tried to play it today and noticed that the only vehicles I can choose are the base cars and motorcycles. All of the DLC vehicles have null signs above them, and the X button text reads "buy now". When I hit X, it goes to the Burnout store and lets me know I own the DLC already, but when I go back to the selection screen the null signs are still there. I wanted to play some cops and robbers but couldn't access any of the cars. :(

MrPliskin

Banned
Sorry for this incredible bump, but has anyone played this game with a wheel? I've been trying to play with my DFP and FUCK, it is intense (and hard). The game has an amazing sense of speed with the wheel, it literally feels like you're flying balls to the wall.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or anything.

I'm trying to get my Cops & Robbers trophies but every time I'm in a game, it gets canceled because it's possible for anyone to join the game in progress, even if they don't have the C&R dlc. So every time that person joins the game BAM you're taken right out of the C&R mode. So fucking annoying. The worst part was that I was the only one with a mic so I couldn't voice my frustrations to the guy running the room.

Apparently I still need to do 10 timed challenges too; I want to get my 100% before Need For Speed comes out.

MrPliskin said:
Sorry for this incredible bump, but has anyone played this game with a wheel? I've been trying to play with my DFP and FUCK, it is intense (and hard). The game has an amazing sense of speed with the wheel, it literally feels like you're flying balls to the wall.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or anything.
I'm in the same boat, using the MS Wireless Racing Wheel and it's crazy, even with the slower cars!

Hey does anyone know how to honk the horn with this wheel? I understand it's L3 on the controller but I don't know if there's a corresponding button on the wheel. It'd be sad if there wasn't, because then I couldn't hit the siren on my cop car. =\

Why this game doesn't let you customize your controls is beyond me.

Mar

Neuromancer said:
There are always at least a handful of people on a server, I wouldn't say packed. (360 version)

Great to hear. I spent far too much time in those servers.. I'm glad they're still going strong.

EYEL1NER

Wow, I just google'd this thread to ask a question. Surprised to see it bumped from today.
I while back I asked some questions about the PH version of the game. My HDD is full and all I have is the original game, so no bikes, no midnight races, no restarting events.
Fast forward to Saturday and I find a copy of the PH version on clearance for $13. I know the PH version has the 1.8 patch on-disk, but the back of the game says to enter a code online with EA to gain access to the bikes.

Does this code unlock the bikes in the game or does it give me access to some dlc I have to get? If it's the latter, how big is it? I'm assuming it would just be a small unlock key in the kb range?

Thanks for the help. I ask because I haven't opened it and if I still have to download something large, I'll just give it to a friend and wait to update my OG copy when I get a bigger HDD.

Baron

Been at least a year since I fired up Ye Olde Burnout Paradise on my PS3. Been thinking of starting up again, buying the downloadable game instead of using my disc game. But are the servers in danger of being shutdown at all anytime soon? I'd hate that to be the case, is anyone here still playing the game online? And also, where is my Burnout Paradise 2? Come on, Criterion, NFS is almost done, now get back to Burnout.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't think the servers are shut down. I haven't heard anything about that. Criterion and DICE are the two EA companies that have their servers/games play for a LOOOONG while (BO3:Takedown wasn't shutdown until the XBL shutdown on the OG X-box, FFS. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat isn't shutdown on the 360 with about 100 or less players daily either).

Agent X

I still play Burnout Paradise from time to time. I haven't heard anything about the servers getting shut down, although I expect it will eventually happen someday (hopefully not for a long while). They'll probably give an advance notification before such a shutdown occurs.

Baron

Good to hear the servers may have some life left in them. I've also bought a 360 earlier this year, is Burnout Paradise any good on it? I may just buy that one on demand in order to start all over from scratch in the game. I already have all the extra DLC bought on my PS3 though, hmm. I looked up my stats and saw that I've logged 114 hours into the game, 95 of that offline apparently. Long time! Love the game lots and lots.

crispyben

How could I not join this thread bump? :D I too keep meaning to go back to Paradise City, but there are so many games and so little time... My stats say I spent 207 hours there (13 on BSI), including 118 online! It seems the online isn't dead, according to these figures:

14 drivers got the coveted Burnout Elite License yesterday.
3,763 Online games were hosted yesterday.
17,138 Personal Best Road Rules were set in Paradise City yesterday.
Gas Station Visits (last 24hrs): 26,318
18,232 drivers crashed into buildings, walls and pillars around Paradise City yesterday.
Achievements unlocked yesterday: 4,533
There were 236,295 Takedowns in Paradise City yesterday.
518 drivers checked out their standing in the Leaderboards yesterday.
Online Freeburn players in the last 24 hrs: 22,197
3,299 Mugshots were traded in the last 24 hours.

54-46!

I love the game but after spending 150+ hours in it and having done everything.. I really can't go back to it, I need more challenges!

No45

I'll tell you one thing they've taken offline - the portal where you could upload a save to find out what gates etc. you still need to find. A mate at work was missing one gate (It glitched, seems to be a known problem that they never fixed), so decided to go for them all again after a lengthy break from the game, only to discover that he's going to have to do it the hard way! :(

crispyben

No45 said:
I'll tell you one thing they've taken offline - the portal where you could upload a save to find out what gates etc. you still need to find. A mate at work was missing one gate (It glitched, seems to be a known problem that they never fixed), so decided to go for them all again after a lengthy break from the game, only to discover that he's going to have to do it the hard way! :(
Damn, too bad. Here's the next best thing, though.

Mar

crispyben said:
How could I not join this thread bump? :D I too keep meaning to go back to Paradise City, but there are so many games and so little time... My stats say I spent 207 hours there (13 on BSI), including 118 online! It seems the online isn't dead, according to these figures:

14 drivers got the coveted Burnout Elite License yesterday.
3,763 Online games were hosted yesterday.
17,138 Personal Best Road Rules were set in Paradise City yesterday.
Gas Station Visits (last 24hrs): 26,318
18,232 drivers crashed into buildings, walls and pillars around Paradise City yesterday.
Achievements unlocked yesterday: 4,533
There were 236,295 Takedowns in Paradise City yesterday.
518 drivers checked out their standing in the Leaderboards yesterday.
Online Freeburn players in the last 24 hrs: 22,197
3,299 Mugshots were traded in the last 24 hours.

Best news I've heard all day.

crispyben

Mar said:
Best news I've heard all day.
These figures, if reliable, seem on par or even better than the ones I posted 5 months ago (previous page at 50 ppp). It could well be even more active on week-ends, but we don't know the numbers for each platform...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is there any way to turn off online in this game? The quick menu thing (right on the dpad) just keeps accidentally getting my son into online games (usually freeburn) and its frustrating him. And does this have in-game chat? I could have sworn I heard some strange mumbling when he started one online game. Definitely don't want him exposed to the kinds of things that might lead to (he's only 9)

No45

It does have online chat, yes. You can always divert it to a headset though, that's what I often do if I don't want to hear randoms online.

I'm not sure you can disable the online directly (It's been a while, there might be an option on the menus), but signing out of the PSN (Assuming PS3 version) or disconnecting the PS3 from the network would have the desired effect.

I just picked up this game
Today from gamestop after having played the he'll out of burnout 3. Not having any aftertouch takes a while to get use to but hot damn if there isn't a ton of content. I was kind of surprised to see as many people online playing this for a game that was released. 2 years ago

wii_HD

Neo Member
mrklaw said:
is there any way to turn off online in this game? The quick menu thing (right on the dpad) just keeps accidentally getting my son into online games (usually freeburn) and its frustrating him. And does this have in-game chat? I could have sworn I heard some strange mumbling when he started one online game. Definitely don't want him exposed to the kinds of things that might lead to (he's only 9)

Pull ethernet cable/disable wireless.

Or you can mute any player through start > show players > options.

Or host a game then change access to invite only and no one can join your game.

DualX

So I picked this game up during the Thanksgiving sale thing on Steam only to find out that it seems to be impossible to obtain any of the DLC vehicles (as well as Big Surf Island and the Cops & Robbers mode, but that's another story). I did quite a bit of research to see if it may have been an issue on my side because the "Burnout Store" didn't seem to be working at all when I attempted to access it through the game. A few threads on the main forums said that the user needed to make sure he was updated to the latest version of the game. I checked, already am. Even performed the integrity check through steam without any results.

Long story short: How's a guy supposed to get the DLC now? I really want the Special 88!

DualX said:
So I picked this game up during the Thanksgiving sale thing on Steam only to find out that it seems to be impossible to obtain any of the DLC vehicles (as well as Big Surf Island and the Cops & Robbers mode, but that's another story). I did quite a bit of research to see if it may have been an issue on my side because the "Burnout Store" didn't seem to be working at all when I attempted to access it through the game. A few threads on the main forums said that the user needed to make sure he was updated to the latest version of the game. I checked, already am. Even performed the integrity check through steam without any results.

Long story short: How's a guy supposed to get the DLC now? I really want the Special 88!
Big Surf isn't in the PC version, that I know for sure.

vid

Finally picked this up thanks to the Steam sale (received it as a gift, actually, but had planned to buy it tonight when I got home) and I'm so glad to finally have access to this brilliant game. I'm having the same problem with the DLC, though... I'm a bit frustrated, because I need to get this baby up to 88.

Aside from that, positively incredible. PC GAFers should get online together sometime soon so we can go nuts in the city for a little while. I'm sure there's some new players besides me, thanks to the Steam sale.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, I've had this game for nearly a year, and I've never understood the Road Rules or the online mode in general. Could someone perhaps briefly explain them to me? It'd be a big help.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
vid said:
Finally picked this up thanks to the Steam sale (received it as a gift, actually, but had planned to buy it tonight when I got home) and I'm so glad to finally have access to this brilliant game. I'm having the same problem with the DLC, though... I'm a bit frustrated, because I need to get this baby up to 88.

Aside from that, positively incredible. PC GAFers should get online together sometime soon so we can go nuts in the city for a little while. I'm sure there's some new players besides me, thanks to the Steam sale.

I'm tempted to buy it but can you tell me if the game supports PC steering wheels, and if so, does it support force feedback?

Anyone using a Logitech G25 with the PC version of Burnout Paradise?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Seraphis Cain said:
Okay, I've had this game for nearly a year, and I've never understood the Road Rules or the online mode in general. Could someone perhaps briefly explain them to me? It'd be a big help.

Road rules is setting a best time on a particular stretch of road. You can compete with friends online in freeburn to see who can drive down a road the fastest or whatever. Additionally you can set a record for Showtime on a road (crash damage). Set a time and a Showtime to "rule the road".

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I wasn't a fan of the freeroam online. It wasn't fun to me. thankfully the single player stuff has a lot of content to keep me busy. I've had this game for a year now, I believe and I still for the life of me can't read that little map! :lol Because it's open world, I often find myself following the CPU cars to the finish line in races. I wish there was an option like in GTA where you just place the waypoint and it'll show you the path...then again, I guess that would probably destroy the challenge of finding your own paths. Fun game though. I'm only 24 victories away from my Burnout license!

The_Dude

Damn it, why did I have to find out the PC version doesn't have the console version extras about a minute after I bought it? I know it was only $5, but I still could have spent it on something else (like the DLC for the console version). :(

Top Bottom