• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Great episode. Not a fan of the musical guests though (Colbert had one as well), hopefully it was a one off.

I'm watching it on the site, I think it was a trade-off for their advertising concerns. Right at the start of Jon's interview she goes out of her way to say she "loves the shit out of him", so there might have been a very specific deal going on for the night, which permitted more language than usual.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
First segment was legendary, god damn Stewart took it to Fox. I always skip the correspondents, I never find any of them funny. Watch for Stewart and Stewart alone.

First segment was legendary, god damn Stewart took it to Fox. I always skip the correspondents, I never find any of them funny. Watch for Stewart and Stewart alone.

What are you talking about. John Oliver, Samantha Bee, Jason Jones, Wyatt Cynac are great.

Which reminds me. We need more Larry Wilmore.

edit: Damn forgot about Aasif.

same here. Except Aasif Mandvi and maybe Jason Jones, I skip every correspondent. With Aasif and Jason, the sarcasm isn't completely lost. I find them genuinely funny.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
same here. Except Aasif Mandvi and maybe Jason Jones, I skip every correspondent. With Aasif and Jason, the sarcasm isn't completely lost. I find them genuinely funny.

The only one I don't like is Jessica Williams. You guys are nutz.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They really do deserve an Emmy for that.

It's hard to nail a favorite part. One of them was Jon calling out Hannity for acting like four months ago was a "looooong time ago" then learning that the "pertinent" Obama video was made in 1998. Good lord.

Babalu.

it was awesome.

and southpark and latenight comedy central shows say fuck as well. Cable channels aren't required to censor cussing or nudity but they do because most advertisers don't like it. Comedy central used to show cartoon tits too on that show drawn together late night. Advertisers are just allowing more now or not giving a fuck or recognizing their audience never gave a shit in the first place.

Kazerei

Banned
The correspondents are generally worse than the main segment, and that's why they're just correspondents.

The guests are kinda hit-or-miss to me. I loved the violinist on Colbert last night, by the way. Did you hear him play? It was magical.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Samantha Bee is definitely the best corespondent. I think Jessica and Aasif don't get utilized as well as they could, but when they have the right writing they're hilarious, and I think John Oliver just needs work on both his on-screen persona and the writing they give him.

Jintor

Oh my god, the Best F*cking News Team and the 'negativity' segment was amazing. God damn hypocrites on both sides of the fence.

I mean Fox is crazy as shit but the complete inability of both sides to realise that they were going crazy was amazing.

Jon's evisceration of Romney was pretty bloody sweet though.

Stop pointing the finger! OMG how are you not seeing this? stop pointing the finger!

and Bullshit Mountain made for an almost legendary episode, too bad Pink ruined it.

Jimothy

Oh my god, the Best F*cking News Team and the 'negativity' segment was amazing. God damn hypocrites on both sides of the fence.

I mean Fox is crazy as shit but the complete inability of both sides to realise that they were going crazy was amazing.

Jon's evisceration of Romney was pretty bloody sweet though.

The Democrats in those segments are always likable, though. The NO FINGER POINTING guy was pretty funny.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Michael Steele's interview was so good.... can't believe the republican party didn't keep him around, especially Ron Paul part of the interview, how the republican party can be so stupid is baffling..

The news team segment seemed staged to me (they often do.) A few of the people interviewed looked like they were in on the joke.

Jon was on fire though with Bullshit Mountain, great segment.

d[-_-]b;42368921 said:
Michael Steele's interview was so good.... can't believe the republican party didn't keep him around, especially Ron Paul part of the interview, how the republican party can be so stupid is baffling..

Do you remember what he was like when he was the face of the GOP? Of course he's better now. He's free of them so he doesn't have to go lockstep with everything they say.

She's really grown on me now. The only one I don't like is Kristen Schaal. She's too hard on the eyes and is useless at reading from the teleprompter.

What? Kristen is leagues better than Jessica. Jessica is getting better but she's still woefully out of place.

The worst correspondent they ever had was that Josh Gads kid. Dimitri Martin was good but then he got his own show and now that it's been canceled, he's fallen off the face of the earth.

Jintor

She's really grown on me now. The only one I don't like is Kristen Schaal. She's too hard on the eyes and is useless at reading from the teleprompter.

Get out, kristen is amazing

Jessica is improving, and she fits in better than munn did. Though madrigal pretty much hit it out of the park on day one.

Fusebox

Banned
Meh, I know it comes down to personal preference but they've got one job to do - read the script that the writers have come up with and make the delivery interesting. I can't stand the way Schaal fumbles her way through nearly every one of her pieces. Conversely Jessica is probably a little too loud and confident, but the fact she's so cute means I can overlook that.

Meh, I know it comes down to personal preference but they've got one job to do - read the script that the writers have come up with and make the delivery interesting. I can't stand the way Schaal fumbles her way through nearly every one of her pieces. Conversely Jessica is probably a little too loud and confident, but the fact she's so cute means I can overlook that.

Umm they write their own pieces.

Jintor

Well, some correspondants are writers - John Oliver and I think Wyatt at least.

Kristen's 'fumbling' is just the way she rolls. You can hear it in her voicework for Gravity Falls or her acting in Flight of the Conchords. It's a different brand of humour. It's the same way that John Hodgman is ridiculously uptight and kind of flat, or that John is either the buttmonkey or mortally offended at Jon.

Fusebox

Banned
I didn't know those guys were writers as well, thanks for that info.

Still can't stand Schaal though even if her inability to deliver the script smoothly is a deliberate shtick.

Veezy

que?
I was just watching it, it's a scathing attack on the republicans. very well done even if I didn't get some of the content. the exxon gas and at&t references threw me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km4BfW2836Y

The entire time I watched that segment, I was like...

hegongetthiswork48jn0.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It's like you guys are taking crazy pills or something. Jon Oliver is EASILY the funniest correspondent AND the funniest person on the show. Y'all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Also, re: last night's episode. The bullshit mountain was fuck awesome, and is Jon Stewart at his absolute best. But he went ahead and blew most of htat goodwill by having another inane false equivalency segment shortly after. Alas.

nib95

Banned
Holy shit that was an epic burn. Might just refer to Fox News as bullshit mountain from now on too lol. Absolutely epic tear down.

Top Bottom