• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

LiK

Zoe said:
It's in line with DVD prices when the format started just as DVD prices were in line with VHS prices.

i know, i just never understood why home video in general is so expensive in Japan. lord knows i spent a pretty penny on Japanese LE DVDs...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
LiK said:
yea, japanese blu-rays prices are insane. i'm not sure why.

Japanese media has always been more expensive. An album typically cost 3000yen and PS3 games are going for around 6000-7000 yen.

Chupakun

APZonerunner said:
Take it from me (as someone who played it at Square UK last week) if he had actually played it with how hot Square is on this shit right now he'd be keeping his mouth shut. Just wait 'til Friday, which is when I believe any Western press who've played it are allowed to talk. It's our date anyway.

Did you get invited? Or you working for a magazine/website?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My friends in Japan are playing it. I have to wait till next week.

dmpf6c.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tideas said:
al ot of oyu guys paid $90 for this?

No wonder the world's in a shithole with money. lol
People buying shit helps the economy, not hurts it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So the party started without me...

Also whats this stupidity with Nobuo and the soundtrack?

Oh its Mike, that idiot.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Regulus Tera said:
:lol Touché.

I guess a good analogy would be Ocarina of Time versus Twilight Princess. One is clearly inspired by the other, but it ends up feeling diluted (despite a bit more polished) in the overall atmosphere it gives. TP's most common complaint is that it didn't try to distance itself from OoT. All I fear for is that FFXIII won't get its own identity.

...that post made more sense in my head.

It made sense to me, and I'll be sure to use it as a compalint when the game comes out

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm getting it too.

The movie is going straight to eBay, but the demo will be mine forever.

Paid $65 with free shipping.
Thanks coupon!

Majmun

{Mike} said:
I have the Blu-Ray. The demo is OK, nothing groundbreaking. Reminded me of FFXII battle system which I didn't like that much (but still spent 120 hours in it). It's a visual feast too.

Wtf? The FFXIII battles really don't remind me of FFXII.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is only JRPG I've been interested in for the past few years. I've kind of burnt myself out on them but I'm hoping that this rekindles my love of the genre. Can't wait to hear some impressions!

RavenFox

Banned
Kyoufu said:
lol

this guy is the same dude who posted a thread about raping his ex-girlfriend and then went on to post fake harry potter spoilers (and got 6 month ban for it).
Then may the mighty ban know him well.

jett

D-Member
Brandon F said:
Is the demo going to be included with the US release of AC Complete BR?

Nope. Going by Squeenix's moneyhatted attitude towards the west, I doubt we are going to see anything FFXIII demo related before a 360 version is ready.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Knowing MS, there will probably be some kind of special edition. Perhaps SCEA should jump on the wagon too if they know what's good for them.

LiK

entrydenied said:
Japanese media has always been more expensive. An album typically cost 3000yen and PS3 games are going for around 6000-7000 yen.

i know, i'm just not sure what the reason is for that price hike.

Zoe

LiK said:
i know, i'm just not sure what the reason is for that price hike.

I think it's cause the VHS pricing was more intended for rental shops, but when the DVD switch happened, people were still buying them at that price anyway. At least with music DVD's and some movies, a lot of the companies eventually release price-downed versions. Hopefully that happens with BD's as well.

LiK

Zoe said:
I think it's cause the VHS pricing was more intended for rental shops, but when the DVD switch happened, people were still buying them at that price anyway. At least with music DVD's and some movies, a lot of the companies eventually release price-downed versions. Hopefully that happens with BD's as well.

yea, Japan is similar to HK where people don't normally buy home video. it's more of a rental market so i guess that's one of the main reasons. but i'm glad HK Blu-rays are cheaper than Japan. altho that's not saying much considering an average HK Blu-ray is $30-40.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LiK said:
yea, Japan is similar to HK where people don't normally buy home video. it's more of a rental market so i guess that's one of the main reasons. but i'm glad HK Blu-rays are cheaper than Japan. altho that's not saying much considering an average HK Blu-ray is $30-40.

Where are these HKs, so I may find and eliminate them?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
{Mike} said:
I have the Blu-Ray. The demo is OK, nothing groundbreaking. Reminded me of FFXII battle system which I didn't like that much (but still spent 120 hours in it). It's a visual feast too.

D:?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheChillyAcademic said:
Encouraging the droid will only prolong its eventual suffering...

There is nowhere left for it to run -.-

Threat: I'll shatter you, snow man.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Haunted said:

You people are nuts.

Correction: They are not nuts, because then they would at least have some nutritional value. I believe the proper description is batshit insane meatbag.

mr_nothin

Banned
{Mike} said:
YES, too bad for that other guy who did the FFXII Post thread:lol

3442026272_8019b32a85_o.jpg

I love this screenshot, it shows some in game exploration elements and NPC conversations! It looks great, we're gonna get a whole FF with graphics like these.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
stuburns said:
So people have it? So, where is the Versus trailer? I want it, I can't wait for PlayAsia.
Yeah WHERETF are the pix?

GPsych

BlazingDarkness said:
we have a release date!
発売予定日:2009.07.11

Is this serious? Japan gets it that soon? Does that leave a possibility for a US Fall release? Or are we look at next year? How long does Square usually take? One month? Two? Six?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BlazingDarkness said:
we have a release date!
発売予定日:2009.07.11

wait, might be DQ9, the site is fucked up on my browser

That's Dragon Quest :O

Top Bottom