• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Yazus

Holy shit. The wait is killing me. I was not very hyped for FFXIII lately but this brought my hype back to the stars. When some gameplay footage are on niconico linklinklink

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not knowing anything about this game other than seeing a few screenshots of the characters, I have a strong feeling I already know pretty much everything about the characters :lol

90 bucks for a demo is pretty extreme, though.

I don't really get the hate for FFXII, I really enjoyed the battle system and feeling a little more like I was making decisions on the fly (even if I wasn't really)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheJollyCorner said:
Parasite Eve had the first FFVIII trailer and I believe the Xenosaga playable demo.

Brave Fencer Musashi had the playable FFVIII demo.

Xenogears man. Saga was on PS2

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Angry Grimace said:
Not knowing anything about this game other than seeing a few screenshots of the characters, I have a strong feeling I already know pretty much everything about the characters :lol

90 bucks for a demo is pretty extreme, though.

I don't really get the hate for FFXII, I really enjoyed the battle system and feeling a little more like I was making decisions on the fly (even if I wasn't really)

I could explain the hate in extreme detail, but I'm pretty sure Jolly would punch me through the Internet for derailing another XIII thread with more XII discussion.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
TheJollyCorner said:
Parasite Eve had the first FFVIII trailer and I believe the Xenosaga playable demo.

Brave Fencer Musashi had the playable FFVIII demo.

Yeah I remember now.

I still have sealed copies of Xenogears and Tobal.

Aeana

Kadey said:
Brave fencer for FFVIII or was that Parasite Eve? Anyway, I don't think there was an official release track for the music playing in the menu screen of those demos. It was the coolest variation of the prelude theme. I want that! I don't want to boot up the FFVII demo disc every time I want to hear it.
Here you go.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I love this reminiscing of the old days. I was so hyped for the FF8 demo. Good thing it came with a good game in Brave Fencer as well.

LiK

LiquidMetal14 said:
I love this reminiscing of the old days. I was so hyped for the FF8 demo. Good thing it came with a good game in Brave Fencer as well.

Brave Fencer was fun.

Synless

LiquidMetal14 said:
Brave Fencer Musashi was the shit.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LiquidMetal14 said:

The days of yore, of times long past, locked beyond the looking glass

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Aeana said:
Hmm? Right click -> save as doesn't work?

Doesn't work. :(

Yea, Brave Fencer was so cute. I couldn't beat the last boss. It had something to do with switching between the two swords or something. The sequel was a disgrace.

Yazus

Kadey said:
Doesn't work. :(

Yea, Brave Fencer was so cute. I couldn't beat the last boss. It had something to do with switching between the two swords or something. The sequel was a disgrace.

There was a sequel? I didnt know that.... is it truly the shit?

BRAVE FENCER WAS AWESOME THE FFVIII DEMO WAS AWESOME THE XENOGEARS GAME AND DEMO WAS AWESOME FFVIII ENDED UP BEING MY FAVORITE FF GAME EVER SO AWESOME PARASITE EVE SO AWESOME

So awesome. I mean, you know one thing that Squaresoft PS1 era was unrivaled at was marketing design. Everything looked so... pretty. The demo discs, the game covers, everything was just fucking beautiful to look at back then. So so awesome. FFXIII looks to continue the trend of that great, simplistic and beautiful design. The image of Lightning sitting on the chair should be on the cover of all the versions of the game, its just so majestic and simple.

Yazus

brandonh83 said:
BRAVE FENCER WAS AWESOME THE FFVIII DEMO WAS AWESOME THE XENOGEARS GAME AND DEMO WAS AWESOME FFVIII ENDED UP BEING MY FAVORITE FF GAME EVER SO AWESOME PARASITE EVE SO AWESOME

So awesome. I mean, you know one thing that Squaresoft PS1 era was unrivaled at was marketing design. Everything looked so... pretty. The demo discs, the game covers, everything was just fucking beautiful to look at back then. So so awesome. FFXIII looks to continue the trend of that great, simplistic and beautiful design. The image of Lightning sitting on the chair should be on the cover of all the versions of the game, its just so majestic and simple.

Yeah. Squaresoft PSX era was one of the best videogaming era for me along with the NES/SNES era (Nintendo). Their games were awesome and they did relase them pretty fast.
Man I miss it soo much. I hope Square goes back to their old marketing.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
brandonh83 said:
Listen to this man, HE'S YELLING??!?!?!!??!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Buying myself a new capture card today. Demo tomorrow. Hmm. But caps will probably be out before I have a chance to do it, though.

brandonh83 said:

God no kidding. The way every Squaresoft game followed that same aesthetic, color image fading up from the white. They owned that shit. Just gorgeous stuff.

Sooo pretty

3442460961_ffa570ec08_o.jpg

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...looks good, but I don't have the cash to shell out for the Japanese version.

Will wait....for probably quite a goddamn while.

charsace

worldrevolution said:
In your opinion. I loved Advent Children and found it an awesome bonus to be getting the FF13 demo with the bluray I was already going to buy. Can't wait until tomorrow.
Advent Children was an obvious cash in. They literally dragged Sephiroth's corpse back out so that he could get reamed again.

The only reason we don't have FF7 remake yet is because everyone is probably bidding on it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Metroidvania said:
Hmm...looks good, but I don't have the cash to shell out for the Japanese version.

Will wait....for probably quite a goddamn while.

Is there a reason you and Regulus have companion tags, or does a mod just really like Life of Bryan?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
charsace said:
Advent Children was an obvious cash in. They literally dragged Sephiroth's corpse back out so that he could get reamed again.

The only reason we don't have FF7 remake yet is because everyone is probably bidding on it.

Why do people want FF7 remake so badly? Even for GAF this kind of begging is slightly odd. What would you get in a remake? Updated graphics and some tweaks? I'll admit a remake like Resident Evil is appreciated because of how much they added/changed, but even then I still would rather play my PSX copy of RE Director's Cut. Why? Because THAT'S the game I fell in love with and played to death over a decade ago. The same with FF7. If I want a reason to play FF7 again, all I have to do is remember how good of a game it was, and then pop it in.

Sorry but I'm not a graphics whore. I don't need everything in HD. I wouldn't care if FF13 was released for the DS, I would still buy it (as you'll see with DQ9). If you're an RPG fan you play for the story, that's it. There's a reason people still think Chrono Trigger blows the piss out of RPGs that came out every generation after it - it's a good game. FF7 is a good game as well, I suggest you play it right now instead of waiting for some imaginary remake.

In the end I don't want companies to waste time and money on remakes of games I've already played and own. Appreciate how good games were back then. The fact that you want a remake of a game that was made over 10 years ago and looks 'bad' by today's standards proves just how amazing and perfect it is just the way it is, doesn't it? You feel enough for the game that you would buy AND play it again. On the other hand, you don't want a remake of FF Mystic Quest, or Beyond the Beyond do you? Why? Because they didn't enthrall you the way FF7 did. Respect what you already have.

Anyway, back on-topic..I'm gonna check amazon.jp all day to see if they ship it early..........

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
How about a translation that isnt shitty? Characters that dont look like Lego people? Added content? An end to the damn whining?

(off topic, not referring to you)

And if you like AC then you obviously must hate VII, since it takes a huge dump all over the story and established characters all for some high octane fight sequences. In fact, the whole Compilation of FFVII is full of shittiness save Crisis Core, a good game that expanded upon a character in a good way. Of course Genesis nearly fucked that up, being the shitty character he is.

Top Bottom