• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official GAF Pen and Paper RPG Thread of Rolling Nothing But 20s!

JayDubya

Banned
Probably not going to be able to actually get online, but get those 22 point buy, 100 GP characters a rollin' and get a background and all that.

Hopefully no one's read KotS, and / or I can trust no one will read it further if they've already started, but yeah, there's two pretty good character hooks involving an occult researcher (could be a PC, or a loosely affiliated NPC friend with relatively high Int and training in Religion and History) and a middle-aged human explorer mentor figure (Davram something or another) who either raised an orphaned PC or helped initiate into the world of adventuring in some major way (Davram's missing and his wife comes to the PC for help).

So if anyone wants to tailor around those, great (quest XP and it gets the ball rolling).

chapel

Banned
Hello everybody!

Now that E3 is in full swing I thought I would see who is around and what is up. Is spooky around? JayDub? When are we going to get together for a session? I have held back on working on my character till I know we are going to have a session because I don't want to get excited and have to wait 2 weeks.

Anyways, just checking.

rSpooky

I am back..
GOtta be honest though , I did not read my phb nor created a char.
I would still need to build mine ( unless the adventure comes with pre-build ones- I gladly take one of those,but I would also need one for my wife)

JayDubya

Banned
We're going to do this eventually, no worries there, so don't lose heart and be all "I don't wanna get all excited and make characters because I don't think we'll ever play. :("

Why? Well, I monitor this thread pretty regularly, actually. :lol

Anyway, no, I still encourage you to put your own spin on your own guys, but yeah, there are 6 different premade characters for KotS.

I've got a busy week next week, but I might be able to do something this upcoming weekend; it's Thurs now, so maybe Saturday or Sunday during the day. I'll keep you posted.

Here's all 6 premade characters if that's what you'd rather use, or use as a starting point anyway: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4dnd/20080616a

1. Dragonborn Paladin
  2. Dwarf Fighter
  3. Halfling Rogue
  4. Half-Elf Cleric
  5. Human Wizard
  6. Tiefling Warlord

Direct download link: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/H1Characters.zip

I'm not overly fond or unfond of the stock characters, but I'd recommend using those 4th Ed books you've got to custom tailor something for you; even if you wanted to be the same race / class combo, you might want entirely different stats, gear, skills, feats, powers, etc; and of course, the stock characters have no name or personality or background, so you need to bring that.

Many classes seem to have some "build" features as well. Fighter gets a +1 to attacks with either 1H OR 2H weapons at level one. Rangers still have to pick between expertise in Archery or Two Weapon Fighting. Rogues can either be Brutal Scoundrels or Artful Dodgers. Wizards have to pick an implement: Wand, Orb, or Staff. Warlords have to pick between Inspiring or Tactical. Warlocks have to pick one of three pacts: Fey, Infernal, or Star.

chapel

Banned
I wasn't saying it like that, I just meant I didn't want to get all hyped up and then have to wait for like 2 weeks or more.

Are we doing a session today, or tomorrow, or schedule one for next week?

rSpooky

Hey man, fuck my life has been insane. That is summertime for you I guess. Sorry for my part. I want to do this, but I just have not had the time to study the book /make characters.. But if we have a (in time ) planned game coming up i am sure I can geta char finished up and be ready to go.

Off course it depends on Jay also. If he has the same busy agenda..
:(
have you gotten the new book yet chap? what do you think of it?

chapel

Banned
rSpooky said:
Hey man, fuck my life has been insane. That is summertime for you I guess. Sorry for my part. I want to do this, but I just have not had the time to study the book /make characters.. But if we have a (in time ) planned game coming up i am sure I can geta char finished up and be ready to go.

Off course it depends on Jay also. If he has the same busy agenda..
:(
have you gotten the new book yet chap? what do you think of it?
No worries, my brother and I have been super busy as well.

Unfortunately no we haven't paid for them yet. Though we have a PDF we are using. If this session goes well and we like the changes, we may buy a copy then. Trying to get a friend who is an old hat dnder to dm for us and some friends but he is flaky.

Jay whats up? If youre busy thats cool, hopefully hes not banned or something.

JayDubya

Banned
So, little update. Not only are the books not in yet, they're not even listed on my Amazon orders anymore. I'm going to strangle someone, I think - my wife's Prime Account, so she'll handle it and crucify whomever needs it.

S'okay, I don't need them anyway, technically.

Anyhoo, my thing is that I want you to practice by making your own characters. You don't have to, but I'd like it, and if you pick your own powers and feats and such, you know what you're getting and you generally have a better feel for your character.

I'm incredibly swamped this weekend, so I'm canceling my regular Eberron game even; how's next weekend grab you guys?

rSpooky

Supposedly we have a street wide garage sale, so I am going to try to get rid of tons of crap in my house and make some $ in the process. IIRC it is on Saturday but Sunday is free.

Oh and my PC works again too ( yes it broke again,thank you thunderstorms/powersurge lol, fixed it yesterday)

achapel

Got the phb. What should we do for our playersheets? Just take a picture of them, or what? No digital or PDF ones available are there?

JayDubya

Banned
Hrm. Sunday is not particularly free, as my Eberron game meets on 2 every other Sunday (and since I've been painfully busy, I've had 3 off-Sundays in a row). I'd offer Sunday morning if the the Chapel Bros. weren't in a different time zone.

However, I'll be entirely not busy for a while, so anytime y'all are available could theoretically work for me.

chapel

Banned
As long as its the weekends, we are free, mornings are best. We get up at like 6am PST so if you wanted to do an early Sunday game, that would be fine. Just let us know what works.

If we can schedule it a few days ahead of time that would be awesome for the future just in case things come up, like parties today.

rSpooky

chapel said:
If we can schedule it a few days ahead of time that would be awesome for the future just in case things come up, like parties today.
Sounds like a key thing LOL

Also I heard my little bro is flying over from Europe again :) from the 14th of Sept until Oct 4.

So those days are out for me :(

lets see if we can get together soon just talking through the new rules and char development.

(somehow it wont really get of the ground until end of summer LOL)

chapel

Banned
Are we playing this Sat or Sun?

I am contemplating a Paladin, looking up all the specifics on it. Anything I should focus on?

My brother is planning on playing a wizard, same thing, anything he should focus on?

JayDubya

Banned
Well... I don't see any reason why we couldn't do it this weekend. The wife and I are online gaming this evening, late, after all the relevant kids are in bed. Other than that, no plans at this time. So I'm giving you guys first dibs before I make other plans - we've put it off long enough.

Honestly, if we just were to meet up and get things set up and have a battle or two that would be something. As is, a permeating amount of skepticism has set in, it seems. :lol

As far as Wizard goes? Be sure to look closely at the class and decide whether you want to be an orb or wand or staff wizard - the differences can be kind of neat.

Also, check out the powers and pick something that fits your concept. I'm partial to the large ball of fire that sticks around for the whole combat and burns everything (it does area damage to everyone next to it, but you have to spend your minor to keep it around, your move to move it, and your attack to attack with it). Sleep is also good, for obvious reasons.

As far as Paladin goes? I'd say they're pretty optimal at tanking. You don't have to go sword and board as a Paladin, but you will probably be hit a lot due to marking people, so it seems wise.

chapel

Banned
When do you want to get together then, we are busy Sat evening, this evening I guess since its Sat. What times are good for you guys, and as you said, if anything just getting together and going over stuff would be nice. Since it has been so long.

I haven't slept yet, so if you're expecting an early game, well I would need to know soon or Im crashing.

JayDubya

Banned
No, no, go to sleep. You probably already did. :lol

Sat. evening is out for us too, but how's tomorrow? Today during the afternoon is fine, too. Depends on how soon Spook sees this.

rSpooky

I'm here.. LOL
Lets try tomorrow morning? I will see if I can get a char done tonight.
My wife will not be playing ( at this point) but will prolly be back later.

my son might

JayDubya

Banned
rSpooky said:
I'm here.. LOL
Lets try tomorrow morning? I will see if I can get a char done tonight.
My wife will not be playing ( at this point) but will prolly be back later.

my son might

Oh my gosh, Spooky fell over at his computer desk, mid-sentence!

Call 9-11!

rSpooky

JayDubya said:
Oh my gosh, Spooky fell over at his computer desk, mid-sentence!

Call 9-11!
LOL I meant he might play intstead

what time? ..be aware I feel we will have to go over my char creation for a bit though lol... I suck at manually making chars now

rSpooky

OK what tome tomorrow?

Here is my Char ( so far)
*Gromm*

Male Dwarf Fighter
Level 1
Good
Representing Rob

Strength 17 (+3)
Constitution 16 (+3)
Dexterity 13 (+1)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 10 (+0)

Height: 4' 8"
Weight: 210 lb
Skin: Tan
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red; Curly; Thick Beard / Hirsute

Maximum Hit Points: 31

Bloodied: 15
Surge Value: 7
Surges / Day: 12 [includes constitution modifier]

Size: Medium
Speed: 5 squares
Vision: Low-light

Initiative: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [dexterity]
Base Strength Attack: 1d20 +3 = + 3 [strength]
Base Dexterity Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [dexterity]
Base Constitution Attack: 1d20 +3 = + 3 [constitution]
Base Intelligence Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [intelligence]
Base Wisdom Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [wisdom]
Base Charisma Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [charisma]

Armor Class: 17 = 10 + 6 [chainmail] + 1 [if carrying light shield]
Fortitude Defense: 15 = 10 + 2 [fighter] + 3 [strength]
Reflex Defense: 12 = 10 + 1 [dexterity] + 1 [if carrying light shield]
Will Defense: 11 = 10 + 1 [wisdom]

Armor: Chainmail (40 lb)

Shield: Small (6 lb)

Attacks:

Unarmed Melee: 3 vs AC [+3 strength]; damage 1[W]=1d4+3 [strength]
Daggers (x4): +7 vs AC [+3 strength] [+3 proficiency][+1 one-hand
talent]; damage 1[W]=1d4+3 [strength] range 5/10 1 lb (Light
blade); usable off-hand; light throwable
Thrown: +5 vs AC [+1 dexterity] [+3 proficient, +1 one-hand
talent, damage 1d4+1 [dexterity]
Thrown: +4 vs AC [+1 dexterity] [+3 proficient]; damage 1d4+1
[dexterity]
Battleaxe: +6 vs AC [+3 strength] [+2 proficiency][+1 one-hand
talent]; damage 1[W]=1d10+3 [strength] 6 lb (Axe) versatile
Add +2 damage for Dwarven Weapon Training
Throwing hammers (x2): +6 vs AC [+3 strength] [+2 proficiency][+1
one-hand talent]; damage 1[W]=1d6+3 [strength] range 5/10 2 lb
(Hammer); usable off-hand; heavy throwable
Thrown: Same as melee
Add +2 damage for Dwarven Weapon Training
Cleave +3^w [strength] vs AC
Sure Strike +5^w [strength+2] vs AC
Spinning Sweep +3^w [strength] vs AC
Brute Strike +3^w [strength] vs AC; reliable
^w Weapon-based power. Apply adjustments for proficiency,
situation, feats, magic, etc.

Base Saving Throw: d20 vs 10

Encumberance 4e

Normal Load:
Heavy Load:
Maximum Drag Load
170 lb.
340 lb.
850 lb.

Encumberance 3.5

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
86 lb. or less
87-173 lb.
174-260 lb.
260 lb.
520 lb.
1300 lb.

Languages: Common; Dwarven;

Skills:

Acrobatics: +0 = 1 [dexterity] -1 [armor]
Arcana: +0 = 0 [intelligence]
Athletics: +7 = 3 [strength] + 5 [class training]-1 [armor]
Bluff: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Diplomacy: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Dungeoneering: +3 = 1 [wisdom] + 2 [Dwarf]
Endurance: +9 = 3 [constitution] + 2 [Dwarf] + 5 [class
training]-1 [armor]
Heal: +6 = 1 [wisdom] + 5 [class training]
History: +0 = 0 [intelligence]
Insight: +1 = 1 [wisdom]
Intimidate: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Nature: +1 = 1 [wisdom]
Perception: +1 = 1 [wisdom]
Religion: +0 = 0 [intelligence]
Stealth: +0 = 1 [dexterity] -1 [armor]
Streetwise: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Thievery: +0 = 1 [dexterity] -1 [armor]

Feats:

Dwarven Weapon Training

At-Will:

Basic Melee Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+3 [strength]
Basic Ranged Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+1 [dexterity]
Bull Rush: +3 [strength] vs fortitude
Grab: +3 [strength] vs reflex
Move grabbed target: +3 [strength] vs fortitude
Escape: +0 [acrobatics] vs reflex / +7 [athletics] vs fortitude
Cleave [Level 1]
Sure Strike [Level 1]

Other Standard Actions: Administer a potion; Aid another; Charge
[+1 to basic melee attack or bull rush]; Coup de grace; Equip /
stow shield; Ready an action; Total defense; Sustain standard
action; Some skills during combat (i.e., Acrobatics -- fast
escape; Bluff, Heal -- first aid, Intimidate, Perception --
active, Thievery depending on circumstances)

Other Move Actions: Crawl; Run [speed 7]; Stand up; Shift;
Squeeze; Walk; may include some skills during combat (i.e.,
Acrobatics, Athletics)

Other Minor Actions: Draw / sheathe weapon; Drink a potion; Drop
prone; Load a crossbow; Open / close a door; Pick up an item;
Retrieve / stow an item; Sustain minor action; Some skills during
combat (i.e., Insight)

Other Immediate Action: Readied action

Other Opportunity Action: Opportunity attack

Other Free Actions: Drop held items; End a grab; Talk

Other Non-Actions: Delay; Endurance checks; Insight to counter
Bluff; Knowledge checks; Perception -- passive

Short rest: Healing surges as available

Five minutes: Normal escape from restraints (Acrobatics)

One hour: Forage; Streetwise check

Encounter Powers:

Second Wind [minor action for dwarf]
Spend an Action Point [free action, not in surprise round]
Spinning Sweep [Level 1]

Daily Powers:

Brute Strike [Level 1]

Dwarf

* +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom (already included)
* Cast-Iron Stomach (+5 saves vs poison)
* Dwarven Resilience (second wind is minor rather than standard action)
* Dwarven Weapon Proficiency (throwing hammer, warhammer)
* Endumbered Speed
* Stand your Ground (forced moves are 1 square less; immediate save
vs. being knocked prone)

Fighter

* Combat Challenge
* Combat Superiority
* This fighter chose the one-handed style [already included].

Gromm's Equipment:

Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Grappling hook
Hammer
Pitons x10
Pouch (belt) x1
Rations (1 day) x10
Rope (50', hempen) x1
Sunrods x2
Waterskins x1

Total

Magic items:

Weapon:
Weapon:
Weapon:
Weapon:
Armor:
Shield:
Arms:
Feet:
Hands:
Head:
Neck:
Ring:
Ring:
Waist:

Resistances:

Action Point Tally:

Daily Item Powers Per Day: Heroic Tier Milestones: / / /

Death Saving Throw Failures:

More about Gromm:

rSpooky

as early as possible please. I am awake now. I just have a lot to do today ( don't I always s:( ) and when we hit after 12.00 it will get hard for me to do anything.
I will be checking here regularly

JayDubya

Banned
Hrm. IIRC, aren't you in Eastern, I'm in Central, and the Chapels are in Pacific?

If you've only got 3 more hours to work with, that might not be enough. They'd have to see the post in time, too.

JayDubya

Banned
Well, unless your work is time sensitive, you could always do it now, allowing the same pocket of time for later.

Of course I'm nothing if not a creature of habit and notorious procrastinator, so I understand the difficulty involved with that. :lol

chapel

Banned
So its sounding like this morning isnt going to work for us either. Our dad wants us to help him go through a huge lumber pile and other misc things. Needless to say its quite a bit of work and if we are going to do any today, it needs to be done early because by noon its over 100F and thats not normal here.

I will check the thread later to see if maybe we can do a late game depending on spook and jay, so let me know if thats a possibility, and of course we will make sure to let you know if we are available or not.

At the very least we should have our characters done by next week, we wanted to do them yesterday, but it ended up being a pretty busy day. Had to go out shopping most of the day and then goto a football game last night. Was awesome btw.

chapel

Banned
We are all for 10am next saturday. (PST)

Now are you sure I can play a Paladin and we dont need a cleric? Since I haven't played the new mechanics I just don't want to short us as a group.

My brother finished his character and will be posting a link to it soon. Mine will be done tonight or tomorrow probably.

JayDubya

Banned
chapel said:
We are all for 10am next saturday. (PST)

Now are you sure I can play a Paladin and we dont need a cleric? Since I haven't played the new mechanics I just don't want to short us as a group.

My brother finished his character and will be posting a link to it soon. Mine will be done tonight or tomorrow probably.

10 am PST is what, noon here and 1 pm w/ Spook?

Play what you want. Paladins are mainly defenders but they can heal. Clerics and Warlords are the "Leader" classes. Paladins use their own healing surges to help others, clerics enable other characters to use healing surges on the Cleric's turn with some bonus hp to boot. And clerics have utility (out of combat) healing as well, but hey.

Also, I'm not sure how many players we'll have next weekend. My wife might be up for it, Spook's son or wife might be up for it, etc.

Or hell, if some random person stumbles in here and asks to play, that could probably work too.

JayDubya

Banned
Looks good so far, I'll do a full audit tonight.

Also, my books came today. ^_^

Wife is interested in Rogue / Ranger I do believe.

Spook, who all's playing?

chapel

Banned
We still on? Id at least like to run our characters through some test battles or whatever, need to talk about details on builds as well. :) Not expecting a full on session just yet.

rSpooky

morning...i am here.
my son is playing too. elf ranger ( have to make char still)

edit: Cahp, we could hvae JayD go through the adventure and as we do things slow it down and do through the rules. I think that is th ebest way to lrean the game. We all kno whow to play DnD so that part is easy, it just comes down to the nitty gritty

JayDubya

Banned
Oh no, I'm throwing you to the wolves. :D "Playtesting" is the first battle.

So Elf Ranger, Eladrin Wizard, Dwarf Fighter, some kind of Paladin, and then my wife wants to play, so... kay.

Also, we're all awake now...?

Figure out how we're going to make contact - Teamspeak, Vent, etc? I'm looking over the characters that have been posted to make sure things check out, as well.

Okay, AChapel's Wizard is mostly good.

Two quick things:

1) One two many skill trainings. You get Arcana + 3 more.

2) Expanded Spellbook doesn't give you two uses of Acid Arrow. In a Wizard's spellbook you automatically have 3 1st level rituals (need to pick those, too, by the way) and 2 Daily Spells.

You don't get to use 2 dailies... like everyone else, the 1st level Wizard only gets 1 Daily Power use. Unlike everyone else, the Wizard picks one of the 2 Daily Powers he knows to use for the day - there are 4 different 1st level Daily powers, and you'd know 2 of them. Expanded Spellbook lets you know 3 of those instead of 2. It helps give you more of that 3rd Edition versatility that was the Wizard's bread and butter.

Looking over Spook's Fighter. Chap, get your Paladin or whatever you want done. Also, let's see the Ranger if possible. Working on the wife's char. with her as well.

Note: I think she wants to play a Warlord.

rSpooky

RAnger:
Kethanel

Male Elf Ranger
Level 1
Lawful Good
Representing Nic

Strength 16 (+3)
Constitution 11 (+0)
Dexterity 16 (+3)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 10 (+0)

Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 170 lb
Skin: Light
Eyes: Green
Hair: Dark Brown; Straight; Beardless

Maximum Hit Points: 23

Bloodied: 11
Surge Value: 5
Surges / Day: 6

Size: Medium
Speed: 7 squares
Vision: Low-light

Initiative: 1d20 +3 = + 3 [dexterity]
Base Strength Attack: 1d20 +3 = + 3 [strength]
Base Dexterity Attack: 1d20 +3 = + 3 [dexterity]
Base Constitution Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [constitution]
Base Intelligence Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [intelligence]
Base Wisdom Attack: 1d20 +3 = + 3 [wisdom]
Base Charisma Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [charisma]

Armor Class: 13 = 10 + 3 [dexterity]
Fortitude Defense: 14 = 10 + 1 [ranger] + 3 [strength]
Reflex Defense: 14 = 10 + 1 [ranger] + 3 [dexterity]
Will Defense: 13 = 10 + 3 [wisdom]

Armor: None (street clothes)

Shield: None

Attacks:

Unarmed Melee: 3 vs AC [+3 strength]; damage 1[W]=1d4+3 [strength]
Daggers (x4): +6 vs AC [+3 strength] [+3 proficiency]; damage 1[W]=1d4+3 [strength] range 5/10 1 lb (Light blade); usable off-hand; light throwable
Thrown: +6 vs AC [+3 dexterity] [+3 proficient, damage 1d4+3 [dexterity]
Scimitar: +5 vs AC [+3 strength] [+2 proficiency]; damage 1[W]=1d8+3 [strength] 4 lb (Heavy blade) High crit
Longbow: +5 vs AC [+3 dexterity] [+2 proficiency]; damage 1[W]=1d10+3 [dexterity] range 20/40 3 lb (Bow) Load free
Hit and Run +3w [strength] vs AC
Twin Strike +3w [strength] vs AC
Twin Strike +3w [dexterity] vs AC
w Weapon-based power. Apply adjustments for proficiency, situation, feats, magic, etc.

Base Saving Throw: d20 vs 10

Encumberance 4e

Normal Load:
Heavy Load:
Maximum Drag Load
160 lb.
320 lb.
800 lb.
Encumberance 3.5

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
76 lb. or less
77-153 lb.
154-230 lb.
230 lb.
460 lb.
1150 lb.

Languages: Common; Elven;

Skills:

Acrobatics: +3 = 3 [dexterity]
Arcana: +0 = 0 [intelligence]
Athletics: +3 = 3 [strength]
Bluff: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Diplomacy: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Dungeoneering: +3 = 3 [wisdom]
Endurance: +5 = 0 [constitution] + 5 [class training]
Heal: +8 = 3 [wisdom] + 5 [class training]
History: +0 = 0 [intelligence]
Insight: +3 = 3 [wisdom]
Intimidate: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Nature: +10 = 3 [wisdom] + 2 [Elf] + 5 [class training]
Perception: +10 = 3 [wisdom] + 2 [Elf] + 5 [class training]
Religion: +0 = 0 [intelligence]
Stealth: +8 = 3 [dexterity] + 5 [class training]
Streetwise: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Thievery: +3 = 3 [dexterity]

Feats:

Elven Precision

At-Will:

Basic Melee Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+3 [strength]
Basic Ranged Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+3 [dexterity]
Bull Rush: +3 [strength] vs fortitude
Grab: +3 [strength] vs reflex
Move grabbed target: +3 [strength] vs fortitude
Escape: +3 [acrobatics] vs reflex / +3 [athletics] vs fortitude
Hit and Run [Level 1]
Twin Strike [Level 1]

Other Standard Actions: Administer a potion; Aid another; Charge [+1 to basic melee attack or bull rush]; Coup de grace; Equip / stow shield; Ready an action; Total defense; Sustain standard action; Some skills during combat (i.e., Acrobatics -- fast escape; Bluff, Heal -- first aid, Intimidate, Perception -- active, Thievery depending on circumstances)

Other Move Actions: Crawl; Run [speed 9]; Stand up; Shift; Squeeze; Walk; may include some skills during combat (i.e., Acrobatics, Athletics)

Other Minor Actions: Draw / sheathe weapon; Drink a potion; Drop prone; Load a crossbow; Open / close a door; Pick up an item; Retrieve / stow an item; Sustain minor action; Some skills during combat (i.e., Insight)

Other Immediate Action: Readied action

Other Opportunity Action: Opportunity attack

Other Free Actions: Drop held items; End a grab; Talk

Other Non-Actions: Delay; Endurance checks; Insight to counter Bluff; Knowledge checks; Perception -- passive

Short rest: Healing surges as available

Five minutes: Normal escape from restraints (Acrobatics)

One hour: Forage; Streetwise check

Encounter Powers:

Second Wind
Spend an Action Point [free action, not in surprise round]
Elven Accuracy [Elf][free action]

Daily Powers:

Elf

* +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom (already included)
* +2 Nature, +2 Perception
* Elven Weapon Proficiency (longbow, shortbow)
* Fey Origin
* Group Awareness (allies within 5 squares get +1 on perception)
* Wild Step (ignore difficult terrain when shifting)
* Elven Accuracy (once/encounter, may reroll attack roll)

Ranger

* This ranger chose the archer style. This gives the equivalent of the defensive mobility feat [not listed above].
* Hunter's Quarry -- bonus damage 1d6 [minor action]
* Prime Shot

Kethanel's Equipment:

11 lb
6 lb
2 lb
5 lb

1 lb
10 lb
10 lb
2 lb
4 lb
_____
51 lb Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
Arrows (quiver of 30) x2
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Pouch (belt) x1
Rations (1 day) x10
Rope (50', hempen) x1
Sunrods x2
Waterskins x1

Total

Also...

quiver

Magic items:

Weapon:
Weapon:
Weapon:
Weapon:
Armor:
Shield:
Arms:
Feet:
Hands:
Head:
Neck:
Ring:
Ring:
Waist:

Resistances:

Action Point Tally:

Daily Item Powers Per Day: Heroic Tier Milestones: / / /

Death Saving Throw Failures:

More about Kethanel:

rSpooky

Ok... going to set the ventrillo client ( just need to get a server adress/host address from you guys)

And make some quick lunch.. we are set to go.

JayDubya

Banned
I highly recommend you go with a reach weapon, Chap.

Melee Ranger + Fighter + Warlord :lol.

Actually, maybe I should make the Warlord use the reach weapon... then again, I'm thinking of going human so she can use a bastard sword (extra feat).

It's funny, I know how to build anything quickly except for a Warlord, and my wife leaves me in the lurch to make this while she goes and gets something done (hair, nails, whatever it is).

I'm thinking one feat for Race / Class stuff, and one feat for either Armor or Weapon Prof.

JayDubya

Banned
Also, Gromm would want to wear Scale, not Chain. There's no reason to choose Chain. +1 AC and no Armor Penalty.

I'm thinking of taking that feat for Steph's Warlord, actually - Scale Proficiency.

JayDubya

Banned
[W] is weapon.

So 3[W] could be 3d10, or 6d4, or whatever, based on the weapon used.

Hey chapel - grab Insight as a class skill plz! :p

JayDubya

Banned
Well, it's about that time. Wife's finishing up character, now we need a server and all that jazz.

If I get the chance I'll make perfect pogs for everything... but that's a big if. Been working on the basics and reviewing combat.

rSpooky

chapel said:
So I take it no one has a vent server setup, I just set one up, Ill pm you guys the IP.
grt.. i was just about to .. but go ahead.. would take me to long

Jay .. can you send us your gametable IP etc.

chapel

Banned
Pmed you guy the info.

Just in case, if youre having issues connecting, spook why dont you set up yours. I might have an issue with my router not forwarding ports properly. It is odd to say the least, but I cannot test it really unless someone connects from the outside.

Top Bottom