• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
They could really open up the missions more with silenced weapons. The engine might not be equipped for it as it is now (as far as movement and AI goes) but being able to walk among crowds and silently kill someone while making a getaway before people realize what's happening would be awesome.

chubigans said:
They could really open up the missions more with silenced weapons. The engine might not be equipped for it as it is now (as far as movement and AI goes) but being able to walk among crowds and silently kill someone while making a getaway before people realize what's happening would be awesome.
Every game ever needs the throwing knives from Assassin's Creed.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Okay, this shit is really rediculous now. I've heard the song "Top Down" at least 10 times within 30 minutes while playing. Rockstar better put out a User Track Player in the patch.

fistfulofmetal said:
I'm incredibly disappointed that
Michelle
never reappeared.

And I'm also confused as to why nothing ever came out of
Mr. Bulgarin's
storyline. It seemed like they were setting him up as the final bad guy. But he... disappears.
It will be saved for the DLC....

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
nelsonroyale said:
It will be saved for the DLC....

If it is then R* can fuck right off. How are PS3 owners going to know about it?

Now that I've beaten the game, I was planning on playing it again with cheat codes just for the fun of it; however, I've taken a look at the cheat codes and they suck ass. I really, really hope that those aren't all of the cheat codes, otherwise I may just hang this game up after I've finished the side shit and likely never pick it up again. Using cheats after beating the main game is what gave the past GTA games so much replay value, at least for me.

Also, does anybody else besides me miss tanks? Driving them, I mean... not so much being hunted down by them. I want to smash shit up in an invincible tank so bad right now it's not even funny, but alas I can't. T_T

Kordos

EazyB said:
The day the game came out some of the gaf crew got together and the party system worked just fine on the 360. I think we had 6-7 people and we played cops & crooks and TDM while I was there. Haven't played MP since so I don't know if issues have popped up since.

Yeah, same - launch night it worked flawlessly, but it has gradually degraded since then, to the point where I haven't played Cops & Crooks in like 3 days (not for lack of trying, either).

I figure there's some Rockstar matchmaking server that can't handle the load. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I hope all games start using Euphoria and Euphoria only continues to improve and get better.

GTA IV would not be what it is without this amazing technology.

Core407

Banned
Earlier online, I managed to pull a 180 degree turn while trying to evade a following car full of pistol-happy players. I continued to drive in reverse as they followed and started blasting away. Ended up shooting the the passenger in the head, killing him on the spot. Driver continued to follow, shooting out of his window with his left hand. I popped one of his tires and shot the engine until it went up in flames. Driver ended up running away, though. :(

chubigans said:
I too found myself wishing I had the 'finger dagger' from Assassin's Creed.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Played some online with Gowans & co, great games, hell of a lot of fun, Team Deathmatch is just chaos, in a really fun way, nothing running down a guy from behind while he's too busy taking aim at your team mates to notice. Then hearing him scream in your headset.

The objective based modes are pretty cool too, seems like most of them would be pretty easy to break though (parking in front of objectives, guarding with rocket launchers, etc etc) still, it's a lot of fun to play with friends.

Only major problem is that there can be a lack of vehicles around, seems like the pedestrian count gets turned WAY down. You'll find one eventually though.

Linkzg said:
Wow, random encounters on the street is one of my favorite additions to this game.

Not only did
Jeff make me spy on his wife and then dump her body, I just ran into him and he was trying to have me kill his new wife. When I said no, it switched into gameplay and I see him going across the street to kill her himself, then a Turismo pulls up and rams him in the side. A message pops up saying he is dead and the game saves while I hear the Turismo driver calling 911 about the accident. Mission well done.
:lol I JUST did this. Jeff's a nut.

Meier said:
I swear the clue for Paper Trail said to keep the helicopter on your right... I ended up re-doing the mission like 6 times until I noticed that Jacob was out the left side of the helicopter. Obnoxious.
Heh, I did the same.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
dagZ said:
any recommendations with the 6 star 5 minute achievement?

Same problem, I'm a bit into the game so I can't use the bridge glitch thing. And even with cheats you can't get your wanted level to level 6. Any ideas?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
dagZ said:

Get a helicopter. I just flew over one island I didn't have any access to yet and got six stars instantely, then flew around for five minutes, keeping away from police helicopters.

MechDX

dagZ said:

I accidentaly did it on the lawyer mission. While running at the end of the mission to lose my 3 star I headed for the water. Somehow I got 6 full stars while heading for the pier.

Got in a boat and while I didnt pull away from the police boats and helicopters they couldn't get a shot at me. Just drove around the island for 5 minutes and got it.

Teknoman

Neo GAF pigeon patrol:

1 pigeon locale marked for sure:
On top of the rollercoaster at Firefly Island, Oneida Avenue, go up the side that doesnt have a steep incline

Y2Kev

ItsInMyVeins said:
Get a helicopter. I just flew over one island I didn't have any access to yet and got six stars instantely, then flew around for five minutes, keeping away from police helicopters.

How can I get one easily?

itsinmyveins

Y2Kev said:
How can I get one easily?

Well, if you've reached the second island you can find them at the south tip of the island, where there's a helicopter tour-thing. You just steal one there. Before that I don't know.

clav

Did you guys kill Darko or spare him?

Does Niko still play music in the car if you spare him?

I felt like either way, I wouldn't have gained anything from this character. No extra side missions. I could be wrong. Someone want to comment on this?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I just accidentally skipped a cut scene. Is there any way to watch it again in the game?

:-(

Michelle double crossed me and wanted the coke, I called her a bitch or something like that, and then accidentally skipped the sequence

itsinmyveins

AniHawk said:
There's one in Francis International Airport. Not sure where.

Really? Never saw one when I was cruising around there, but I did spot some helipads. They were empty, though.

Y2Kev

ItsInMyVeins said:
Well, if you've reached the second island you can find them at the south tip of the island, where there's a helicopter tour-thing. You just steal one there. Before that I don't know.

Uh, the second island is what again? Even as a NYC person, the fake names totally screw me up. Broker? Or Bohan?

edit: what do you mean "Drive in the subway"

Take a car to the subway entrance and drive into it?

Y2Kev said:
Uh, the second island is what again? Even as a NYC person, the fake names totally screw me up. Broker? Or Bohan?

edit: what do you mean "Drive in the subway"

Take a car to the subway entrance and drive into it?

I think you can do that, yeah. A bike may help I imagine. The police won't follow you down there, so you can just park up and wait 6 minutes. Not sure how close the entrance is to where the game opens though.

dagZ said:
is there a way I can still have my compeleted game save and start a new game?

Go to Game in the start menu and new. Then play as normal and when you save just choose a different slot.

Meier

Omg, I just died during the
Heat mission
. That was so fucking long too... made it all the way out of the
service exit
and now I have to do it all again. Brutal. :*(

dagZ

TheGreatDave said:
Go to Game in the start menu and new. Then play as normal and when you save just choose a different slot.

have you actually done this before? I don't want it to reset my save.

Message I got from Dwayne on the phone

"Shit, man. U ain't calling me and no one else is neither. I'm getting real lonesome. Maybe u shoulda capped me instead of playboy..."

:lol :lol :lol What a bitch. I should have capped him instead of Playboy. Playboy was cool but I felt sorry for Dwayne at the time.

Also whoever does the voice for Pegerino is a damn fine voice actor. He really does sound like a dude out of one of those mafia movies. I choked up some water as I was driving and he spouted out something like "At least you don't drive like a pussy". :lol

Top Bottom