• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: The Veilguard won't let you control your companions because you can't handle it: "This is a much higher actions-per-minute game"

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Maybe I'm not understanding this news then. In DAI you can take control of them but not direct them like you could in the first games. You can only change their AI priorities or be them.

In VG, you can no longer take control of your companions. I assume there will be ways to give them orders or priorities but a staple feature of the series will be missing in this upcoming game, because this game is made for "modern audiences" and "modern audiences" can't be made to feel under pressure or their poor widdle brains will feel not so good.

Valt7786

"The game is trying to get players to switch up companions more than in previous games (where Bioware data shows most players stick with the same group of companions for the majority of the game), including by more missions that have a required companion or lock you out of using certain companions."

You WILL use our ugly non-binary creations and you WILL like them. Bigots".

Madflavor

“Oh but that one game that came out this year called FFVII Rebirth which has faster combat than ours, deeper customization than ours, and still lets you fully control your party. Just ignore that one. Nah trust us, we didn’t give you party control because you can’t handle it. You can’t handle hitting left or right on the D-Pad to switch characters mid battle, and control them, with the same control scheme.”

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Everytime a new info about this game comes it boils down to: "modern gamers are idiots these days so we basically streamlined EVERYTHING"

In a few years Im just going to be stuck replaying old stuff it seems.

WoJ

There has not been one thing about this game that sounds positive that has come out. This reads like "hey dumb gamers, we know what's best for you and have made our game this way so you know what's best for yourself."

Combined with bragging about lines of dialogue, everyone's sexuality in the game, full nudity, and the terrible art style/direction this game is DOA. Seriously, the stuff being advertised and promoted for this game aren't actually about the game.

I'm not even sure the next Mass Effect will get released.

What a foolish thing to say in the year Final Fantasy VII Rebirth released?!

The hack and slash/action rpg has become the most bloated crowded genre. You have be exceptional to stand out.

Party based rpgs are far less crowded. Yes they are probably harder to develop but that's no reason to not try!

This reeks of the FF16 mentality of
" Innovating " into being like everyone else

SJRB

Gold Member
Everytime a new info about this game comes it boils down to: "modern gamers are idiots these days so we basically streamlined EVERYTHING"

In a few years Im just going to be stuck replaying old stuff it seems.

Everything just seems catered to the lowest common denominator to try and maximize sales or to push an agenda.

There's zero actual soul or vision behind this game.

whyman

These are some horrible devs. I stick with the same party because that’s how I like it. The game should have a pause function as it is a Dragon Age game. I hope it fails miserably and that they never attempt such lunacy again.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Origins has higher APM because of party swapping and manually planning out all your skills per encounter.

Given that you'll only control one character with a very limited toolkit I expect similar combat to Inquisition which isn't high APM at all.

Doubt you'll even reach 20 APM let alone 30.

This is another classic example of a western dev who just doesn't "get it" and in their arrogance (game director also is trans with a huge sjw agenda) knows what the fanbase wants but doesn't care ...they're going to make radical changes to the gameplay (that just so happen to streamline and casualise the game). This game is going to be such a shit show!!

Top Bottom