• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III (PSWii60) Tour Group: MONSTERS OF NeoGAF

Cahill

Banned
dammitmattt said:
I joined the group but I'm still having issues linking my account!

The account linking problems are really annoying. They're saying on their forum now to try every 24 hours.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cahill said:
Nope. I did as well. Easy money :) Blew through Medium then went to Easy.... Zzzzzzzzzz.

Ditto, Easy is a killer (as I'm sure Medium and maybe even hard are for the pros). Raining Blood is the only song that even feels like an easy Medium song, the rest are just exercises in patience. Nothing wrong with that though, I'm sure my sister-in-law and assorted friends will appreciate the easiness of Easy when we're playing this winter, but I do still need to go through it for the achievements and loot.

Cahill

Banned
AstroLad said:
Ditto, Easy is a killer (as I'm sure Medium and maybe even hard are for the pros). Raining Blood is the only song that even feels like an easy Medium song, the rest are just exercises in patience. Nothing wrong with that though, I'm sure my sister-in-law and assorted friends will appreciate the easiness of Easy when we're playing this winter, but I do still need to go through it for the achievements and loot.

Yeah, on easy I was doing stuff like using the whammy on every note... looking away for a few seconds and playing the upcoming notes by memory. Still got some left to do. Can't be over quickly enough, really.

Still, like you, I know several people that play on Easy. Makes the game accessible to everyone.

Cahill said:
Yeah, on easy I was doing stuff like using the whammy on every note... looking away for a few seconds and playing the upcoming notes by memory. Still got some left to do. Can't be over quickly enough, really.

Still, like you, I know several people that play on Easy. Makes the game accessible to everyone.

I played "Knights" like five times on Easy. Just because I'm really digging the song lately and Medium is almost too hard to be fun.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BenjaminBirdie said:
I played "Knights" like five times on Easy. Just because I'm really digging the song lately and Medium is almost too hard to be fun.

Yeah, I've got about five songs left to five star on Medium, but I'm almost having an easier time and more fun with the first three sets on Hard so as usual GH's scalability is paying dividends. Also need to play more co-op with my wife (Reptilia is amazingly fun); I really wish you could do co-op career online but oh well.

LiveWire

Just finished the Slash Guitar Battle and Welcome to the Jungle encore on Expert. Slash's battle was much better than Tom Morello's, though both just seemed to be various riffs from their band's big hits put together...

Anyway, I used to think that cover bands weren't that big of a deal (and for some songs, they're probably not), but wow, playing the authentic band recording for some famous songs is SO much better.

And what's the deal with the account linking delays? Not only that but I got a code that has "1"s (number one) and "I"s (letter I) 3 times in it. Good job Neversoft/Activision! :lol

So does anyone think that Activision / Neversoft will actually correct the pathetic excuse for an online mode in the PS3 version? Or do you think it will remain a pile of steaming donkey crap for the entire exsistance of the game?

justchris

Ah, was looking for this, I'm in. My username is the same on gh.com as it is on GAF: justchris.

Edit: Home now, so here's the full info.

justchris / 266402825265 / Wii / justchris

M3wThr33

Banned
I just borrowed a PS2 version for a bit until the guitar issues I hear about get settled.

I knew about the Kaiser Chiefs being in the game, but I didn't know Rise Against had a song. That's now my favorite! :D

Cahill

Banned
Hope they get their shit together soon at the community site for this game. Still can't link my account. No ETA or real info from them on their boards aside from it will work eventually and all data will be uploaded in time.

Bit of info though on groupies. Here's the full FAQ for the rest of the Monsters here:

http://www.guitarhero.com/forums/7/forum_topics/3864

How do I get groupies?

You can get groupies by interacting with the Guitar Hero community, and by playing Guitar Hero III.

What do I have to do in the game to get groupies?

Here is a list of actions within game that will get you more groupies:

Easy Mode:

Completing the game: 20 groupies

Playing a song for the first time: 5 groupies

Updating your high score for a song: 1 groupie

Playing a song on co-op career and career: 1 groupie

Playing a song online: 2 groupies

Winning an online match: 1 groupie

Medium Mode:

Completing the game: 30 groupies

Playing a song for the first time: 10 groupies

Updating your high score for a song: 2 groupies

Perfect performance in Online Match/Offline Co-op: 1 groupie

Five Star performance in Online Math/Offline Co-op: 1 groupie

Perfect performance in single player (career and Co-op Career): 1 groupie

Hard Mode:

Completing the game: 40 groupies

Playing a song for the first time: 15 groupies

Updating your high score for a song: 3 groupies

Perfect performance in Online Match/Offline Co-op: 2 groupies

Five Star performance in Online Math/Offline Co-op: 2 groupies

Perfect performance in single player (career and Co-op Career): 2 groupies

Expert Mode:

Completing the game: 50 groupies

Playing a song for the first time: 20 groupies

Updating your high score for a song: 4 groupies

Perfect performance in Online Match/Offline Co-op: 3 groupies

Five Star performance in Online Math/Offline Co-op: 3 groupies

Perfect performance in single player (career and Co-op Career): 3 groupies

Tournament Participation

Joining a tournament: 5 groupies

Winning a tournament: 30 groupies

Tour Groups

Creating a tour group: 5 groupies

Joining a tour group: 5 groupies

Account

Slot linking: 10 groupies

Blogs

Creating a blog: 5 groupies

Comment creation within blogs: 2 groupies

Why did my groupie count go down?

If you're not performing for your fans, your groupie count will go down. Make sure to stay active in the game and on the site.

Quagm1r3

When I try to link my account the VIP code won't even show up on screen. Talk about strange...

EDIT: Nevermind...I'm stupid.

Quagm1r3

Anyone know how to get the Dragonforce song (Through the Fire and Flames)

Quagm1r3 | II Quagm1re II | 360 | Quagm1r3

Cahill

Banned
soul creator said:
oh shit, it finally let me link my account just now

Now the problem will likely be accurately getting your data into it. There are people complaining about nothing being updated since Sunday when they originally linked.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I still cant link >_< Been trying since Sunday.

Cahill

Banned
dammitmattt said:
I still can't link my account. Activision/Neversoft/Agora suck.

Neither can I (Agora is the company running the web site etc. so I added them to your suck list. Hope that's OK.). I'm thinking this launch coulda gone a bit more smoothly.

so I just went to the page, put my code in, and it immediately said "you have claimed the slot". I don't really expect a quick update though as I haven't played the game since Tuesday.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I don't care that people are having problems with their scores, I still cracked the top 5 of the GAF group. So let me have my moment of glory.

6c75oa0.jpg

Mark D

Finally finally finally got my fucking account linked. The site was completely down earlier today so I'm thinking they did a bit of an overhaul.

Those of you who have had trouble linking your accounts, I suggest trying it out now.

NickP786

I didn't have any problems linking up my account, though the site wouldn't load like a half hour ago or so

Love the game so far, the thing I like most about the series in general is the multitude of songs. For example, I've never really listened to the Stone Roses, but i've had them reccomended to me by a lot of my friends. Got "She Bangs the Drums" in the game, and now I really want to check out some of their albums

justchris

The site is running really slow right now and constantly getting errors. My info was updating, but hasn't updated the games I played last night. It seems like they're still doing maintenance on the site, so I'll check it again tomorrow.

I also discovered that you can play the Co-Op only songs online, even if you haven't unlocked them in career mode. At least you can in the Wii version, not sure about other versions.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I've only been able to play one match online (it keeps failing every time it starts up), and while I was finally able to link my account, it seems to be horrifically buggy as at some point it at least showed my favorite character/guitar, but now it doesn't even show that, much less a really up-to-date list of my scores.

All that being said, I want in the band. :D

breakyboy | Breaky Boy | Xbox 360 | Breaky Boy

Hey guys, don't think I've forgotten about you. The site is just as wonked on my end as yours. I'm going to try and do some more accepts tonight.

ianswoody

BenjaminBirdie said:
Hey guys, don't think I've forgotten about you. The site is just as wonked on my end as yours. I'm going to try and do some more accepts tonight.

Forgot to thank you for setting this up! Much appreciated, sir.

I know we all have been having some troubles, but once the site gets unwonkified, I expect Monsters of NeoGAF to be a Top 20 mainstay! Shoot, we might even crack the top 10.

So I can't play online for some reason (that some reason is probably my NAT3 errors). I cannot make the PS3 change IP's for some reason and I have 192.168.1.2 all set up for it with ports open and everything. The problem is that every time I try to make it take that IP, it ends up not being able to connect to anything. I'm so sick of wireless problems.

justchris

bune duggy said:
So I can't play online for some reason (that some reason is probably my NAT3 errors). I cannot make the PS3 change IP's for some reason and I have 192.168.1.2 all set up for it with ports open and everything. The problem is that every time I try to make it take that IP, it ends up not being able to connect to anything. I'm so sick of wireless problems.

Did you check to make sure you don't already have a device with that IP assigned. I've run into that trouble before where I accidentally duplicated an IP.

Okay. All caught up. If you're not on the list, you haven't posted in here. If you've posted in here and not on the list, you haven't followed the OPstructions.

Either way, we're at full possible strength.

somehow my groupies keep going up and my axe, venue, and character are updated but it says I've earned $0.00 and played 0/0 songs even though I'm about 20 songs through Hard.

birdman

bune duggy said:
somehow my groupies keep going up and my axe, venue, and character are updated but it says I've earned $0.00 and played 0/0 songs even though I'm about 20 songs through Hard.

Likewise. The servers must still be fucked up.

Anybody around now and fancy a game on Live? I have the Beat Your Maker achievement so there's an insentive for you.

I'm "A Great Dave" on XBL. No mic though.

My stats have never updated. It added a couple songs when I signed up on the 28th and hasn't updated since. Also why can't I see my friends on their site? I have to find out their username and link it? I appreciate that they tried to do something cool, but they completely failed IMHO.

Top Bottom