• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III (PSWii60) Tour Group: MONSTERS OF NeoGAF

Nos_G said:
Submitted my request as well.

How come bungie didn't have to resort to this, when linking stats?

bah.

Well, they probably have access to certain Microsoft tech. Their site uses the Microsoft passport system after all.

But yeah, it would have been nice for this just to use our Gamertags.

brokenwatch said:
Good game The Great Dave!

/hides in the corner

Cult of Personality was the worst song you could possible have chosen, seeing as I'd played that 4 times in a row before I played you! Pretty close matches though; people always seem to struggle a bit to keep a combo on Paint It, Black, so it's often my final track.

luffeN

ok, i have the game. tried to link it but it says token not found. is the key case sensitive or can i write it in lower case? may there be a problem that i imported the game and they kind of dont search for 360s in europe ? :D

Cahill

Banned
banKai said:
ok, i have the game. tried to link it but it says token not found. is the key case sensitive or can i write it in lower case? may there be a problem that i imported the game and they kind of dont search for 360s in europe ? :D

It's a problem with the site, not your game/code. Been borked since launch. Just try entering the code once a day. Took 5 days for mine to finally go through. Actually updating will be another issue once you do get it to link. Says I'm 38% through medium, even though I've beaten easy, medium, hard and am about 1/3 of the way through expert. Seems the groupies are at least updating.

woo so I just played a pro face-off quick match (on easy? whatever) and I actually lost the first song (Anarchy in the U.K.) because of the buttons. I aced the song I picked (Sabotage) so it was a tie. He won the coin toss and picked TTFATF. what is it with this song? :lol anyway, my judicious use of star power and my guitar deciding to let me get a streak longer than 100 notes allowed me to win by about 20k. this was my first match online ever on any game and it was a lot of fun. shame about the lack of voice chat but oh well. still fun.

EDIT: I just don't understand this goddamn website. it has the 3 matches I played online listed, it has my recent performances listed, but this is my career:
EASY n/a n/a % n/a
MEDIUM n/a n/a % n/a
HARD n/a n/a % n/a
EXPERT n/a n/a % n/a
and I still have $0 dollars and my favorite character is still Judy even though I've used Tom Morello exclusively since unlocking him. bah!

Whoa. We have liftoff!

Almost all of my stats have suddenly appeared on the site. I had nearly lost hope, and certainly thought it wouldn't accept the backlog of stats created since launch.

Is it working for you guys now, too? Can the Monsters of NeoGAF finally start rocking?

It's not perfect, but it's getting there. For example, on career it says I've completed nothing, on Campaign I have scores for all difficulties but a N/A rating on completion. Yet I have an award on the right hand side for beating it on Hard.

I'm 8th on the NeoGAF list though, which means that stuff must be getting sent at last. I don't know what "groupies" bullshit is all about though. SleazyT, you are a beast on the rankings for songs.

I'm the only guy that seems to be taking advantage of their plectrum avatars with the most ugly avatar of all time, come on guys!

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I noticed earlier today that my stats are almost updating in real time now.

Edit: I just noticed that I finally made it to 1000 post on gaf, not bad for 3 1/2 years.

NickP786

Forgot to put this in my post, but my friend code is 4811-5138-7781, so anyone with the wii version feel free to add me!

ianswoody

Is anyone going to be around this afternoon (4PM CST)? I'll be getting off work and would love to get some matches in. I'm playing in a local tournament tonight, so it would be great to spark my competitive fire.

luffeN

i am soooooo stupid.. u know why the account linking did not function properly? i mistook an O for a zero... go me!

Cahill

Banned
plaidtopia said:
Whoa. We have liftoff!

Almost all of my stats have suddenly appeared on the site. I had nearly lost hope, and certainly thought it wouldn't accept the backlog of stats created since launch.

Is it working for you guys now, too? Can the Monsters of NeoGAF finally start rocking?

Our rank is slipping a bit. Is everyone linked up now, getting dem groupies or are the Monsters over before they began cause of the site problems??

Mee too. :) Note that the GH3-ID doesn't have a space between the words, unlike my gamertag / username.

ChazAshley | Chaz Ashley | 360 | Chaz Ashley

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Yep, it's definitely updating stats. Looks like that last batch of downtime they had for maintenance was the update that did the trick.

Now, I just hope it's working for everyone. In the meantime, I'm #17 out of almost 70 in the group. I need to beat Tier 6 & 7 on expert. Hooray for an early weekend!

Vicious

None of my stats ever get uploaded to the tour group scoreboard, and even though I've completed medium, hard and expert I still only have about 100 groupies. What a crappy site.

PkunkFury

PKFURY | 008705661880 | Wii | PkunkFury

Please add me :D I'm adding all Wii owners in the listing

----------

Also I have questions. I can play friends online, but I can't see the VIP password (for the website), or message of the day. The screens load but the fields are blank. Also, leaderboards just seem to load forver and never show up. And I can't seem to get a random match, but maybe no one is playing? Anyone else having these problems? I'm on the Wii and I'm using Nintendo USB connector.

edit: If you are having this problem, your firewall is blocking a particlure IP adress needed to connect. Just check your firewall log and unblock for NWFC

And does anyone know when we will be able to buy a second Wii Guitar?

PkunkFury

if anyone added me last night, I had to change my friend code:

PKFURY | 008705661880 | Wii | PkunkFury

please update

So any demand for a tournament through the website? I'm not 100% sure how it's done but if there's enough interest I'm sure it can be figured out...

ok, I've been getting error code 80028ed6 all morning long and it's bugging the hell out of me. No one, not even the official PSN forum, knows what it means. I'm guessing that since it's Thursday it's because everyone is d/l stuff from the PSN store?

also, I'm taking my guitar back again today. This will be my fourth guitar. I swear, this shit is pissing me off.

ianswoody said:
Since Rock Band is taking over our lives now, is the possible GAF tourney put on temporary hiatus?

Speaking of, and since I traded in GHIII today, anyone want to take over Monsters of GAF? I don't mind still approving members, but it might be better if someone more into it was in charge.

so my newest guitar actually works! I used a USB extender cable to get the receiver out of the entertainment center and away from the PS3 and now it works pretty well. not perfect but then I haven't had a chance to calibrate any settings yet.

...anybody want to play? You know...for fun?

A Great Dave on XBL, just send me a request and a message. It sucks never being able to get a public game.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Jiguryo | Jigu | 3866-6311-8485 | Wii

If you add me to your Friends List, please warn me via PM. Feel free to add mine, I'll do the same for the users that have shared their FCs until this message. :)

Edit: adding MaxRPG, justchris, Vilifier, Stopper33, angelfly, CaptainN, NickP and PKFURY.

Top Bottom