• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

List of updates..

webOS 3.0.5

The HP webOS 3.0.5 update enhances core apps like Email and Calendar, improves the video calling experience, and fixes additional bugs.

Faster switching between Day, Week, and Month views, and faster event display in Calendar.
Faster scrolling when reading an email message.
Email attachments are now saved with draft messages.
Added sender photos and IM presence indicators in Email.
Improved stability when watching video in the Web app.
Improved handling of MP3s that are transferred from a computer using USB Drive mode.
Added a dedicated view of contacts available for a video call, for quicker setup of a video call.
New alert when video quality might be lower because of network issues.
When typing, pressing the space bar twice inserts a period. This can be toggled on and off.
Auto-correction can be turned off directly from the onscreen keyboard.
Added support for HTTP Live Streaming.

http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb/na/touchpad/touchpad/wifi/solutions/article/18666_en.html#305

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hmmm, so last night I transferred some music onto the touch pad, whilst in android. This is how I have done it before.

Yet the music won't show up in music player when I login to webos!

Any thoughts? I have music in the same folder that I had put on their last week, it is all visible.

I would just use android, but the bluetooth is borked and won't connect to my bluetooth audio reciever!

Any ideas?

sfedai0

Banned
Much needed update. Unfortunately, it seems to break the patches that were installed previously. Though, Uberkernel already has an update, so I'm back to 1.5ghz.

SRG01

Much needed update. Unfortunately, it seems to break the patches that were installed previously. Though, Uberkernel already has an update, so I'm back to 1.5ghz.

Yeah, it's best to wait a few days before updating.

I'm surprised they haven't patched in MHL support :(

kharma45

Did that too but again did nothing, it's doing this for a lot of the patches.

The odd one works but most aren't. Might leave it until tomorrow and see if anyone else is having the same issues.

Weird issues. I did the update but some of the preware apps aren't working. When I remove the tweak and goto install it again, it doesn't show up in the list. Any ideas?

what kind of preware app you guys have? I have preware but never used it. I have not even made it faster. I downloaded some chess and checkers game lol

Vyer

I checked out the App market or whatever for the first time in a while a few days ago. Realized the official 'magazine' about apps hasn't been updated for months. It was actually a little sad. Glad to see it's updated today.

mclaren777

I just bought my first TouchPad app. It's called toodleTasks HD and it syncs up with toodledo.com, which makes managing everything really easy.

Buying an app that helps me use my time more efficiently was easily worth $4.99 and I'm pretty sure that you can get a similar app for Android/iOS if you so desire.

ibjCeu6LlVhuU9.png

mclaren777

Typing in the address bar now searches Google directly!

The new auto-correction is also great and I love that it can make a noise when it fixes something.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Interesting, I tried to install the webOS update, it didnt work and on restart would tell me it failed.

but the upside? I can now use the headphone jack in android o_O

I never figured out what the point of only a front-facing camera and no regular camera was. And I've never used the camera on the Touchpad because as someone mentioned, the quality is terrible.

Just gimme CM9 already, jeez!

I never figured out what the point of only a front-facing camera and no regular camera was. And I've never used the camera on the Touchpad because as someone mentioned, the quality is terrible.

Just gimme CM9 already, jeez!

A front facing camera is for camera conferencing. I've never understood why anyone would want a regular camera on a tablet. Do you plan to pull it out and take photos with it? The front facing camera makes a lot more sense to me.

The one on the touchpad is terrible though.

Well, installing 3.05 has reset the majority of my touchpad back to factory settings for some reason. Including all my apps. I don't feel like fixing everything again through the homebrew app store. This is going to be a reader and browser for the crapper until CM9 is out.

Top Bottom