• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Shaneus said:
And B.T.T.T.R.Y, too! So stoked that Francois K put that track in GTA4. And that Rockstar also used Wet n Wild in Midnight Club LA.

BTW, Party Machini is on Beatport ;)
Haha, yeah, I forgot about By The Time They Reach You (The Bagraiders Would Have Stolen Your Wallet And Changed All Your Money To Euros And Gone Shopping In Paris Remix). :lol

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't really think of Beatport. I usually try to avoid it at all costs.
Looks like Wet N Wild is also on it, including the awesome awesome Midnight Juggernauts remix !

branded_preflyer.gif

:OOO

Slizz

dunno if anyone enjoys carl cox, but hes had new stuff coming out. like:
Carl Cox and Friends at Space Ibiza 2009

::Tracklist::

CD1
01. Wink- Stay Out All Night
02. Carlo Lio - Trust No 1
03. Jamie McHugh ľ I Get Deep
04. Tim Jirgenson ľ Home Days
05. nicole Moudaber - Tina Is Dancing
06. Digital Primate (Featuring Fiona Ruttelle) ľ If Nothing Changes, Nothing Changes (Magik Johnson Remix)
07. Martin Brodin ľ One
08. Sharam Jey - Donĺt Lie (LouLou Players Remix)
09. King Unique ľ Sugarhigh (Nic Fanciulli Mix)
10. Kerri Chandler - Disko Satisfaction
11. Tom Neville - Disco T
12. Jamie Stevens - Keep Her Space (Smith and Selway’s Control Remix)
13. Valentino Kanzyani - Nueva York (Tomy DeClerque & F.Sonik Remix)
14. Marco Bailey & Tom Hades ľ Freaks
CD2
01. Guy J ľ Under Pressure
02. Carl Cox & Jon Rundell ľ Under the Wire
03. Deadmau5 ľ Fifths
04. Devilfish vs Roel Salemink ľ Man Alive (Jon Rundell Remix)
05. Neon Stereo - Devil Chileĺ
06. Yousef ľ Purple Rage
07. D-Unity - Tribal Rhythm (Underground Mix)
08. Tattoo Detectives - Bump Up 2 Mars (Steve Mulder Remix)
09. Moldan vs Harada - Fortune Cookie (Jerome ism-Ae Remix)
10. Elio Riso - Space pianist
11. DJ GrujA - Activated
12. Sander van Doorn ľ Sushi
13. Simon & Shaker vs Groove GarcÝa ľ Soultech! (Simon & Shaker Remix)
14. Smith & Selway - Total Departure (Cox Re-Edit)
15. Jon Rundell - Donĺt Lose your Head
16. Dorroo - Sonic Bomb
17. Alex Dias ľ Materia
18. Jan van Lier ľ Rishada

crispyben

djtiesto said:
Been listening to this today:
Move D - Live At Sunday Best, Brooklyn

No tracklist unfortunately, basically a lot of deep house with a retro feel to it... not sure if this would be considered "groundbreaking" but this seems to be the official catch-all edm thread nowadays so I thought I'd share.
This is great. Thanks. His album with Benjamin Brunn last year was amazing.

Graf Nudu said:
This is good for lolz, but you'd be hard-pressed to mistake one for the other if you know what you're talking about...

E-phonk

Banned
To me the answer is Mr. Oizo with Lambs Anger. It reminds me in a way to Homework, going back to basic but very solid productions that sound distinct and raw.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Gonna shamelessly plug this new mix I did (funky progressive house). The first one done with my new MIDI controller, the mixing came out pretty decent methinks. Tell me what you guys think!

Download It!

# Michael Cassette - Shadows Movement
# 16 Bit Lolitas - Difficult
# Kosmas Epsilon - Speechnuts (Squash 84 Mix)
# Kaskade - 4AM (Adam K and Soha Mix)
# Patrick Turner and Chris J - Machine Life
# The Timewriter - Zero
# Vau and Heikki Liimatanien - Loud Music
# Jay Lumen - In Love (Mitiska and Medina mix)
# Monogato - Kim
# My Digital Enemy - Flamenco Loco
# Electrobios and Interplay - With You
# GTO - Pure (Swen Weber Mix)

Shaneus

djtiesto said:
Gonna shamelessly plug this new mix I did (funky progressive house). The first one done with my new MIDI controller, the mixing came out pretty decent methinks. Tell me what you guys think!

Download It!
Getting now! Big fan of 16-bit Lolitas and Adam K/Soha, so it should be nice! I promise I'll have a new one up for you really soon, too :)

joelseph

If anyone got the track 1901 by Pheonix yesterday it has a hidden code in the tag:

"Looking forward the Colosseum" password = concorde

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Shaneus said:
Getting now! Big fan of 16-bit Lolitas and Adam K/Soha, so it should be nice! I promise I'll have a new one up for you really soon, too :)

Awesome.. I liked Club-Liminal - although I didn't think it was what I usually associate with 'minimal' (more so electro and tech house if anything)... one particular song caught my ear, the one that had the piano and the girl going "dance to the rhythm and we can make you crazy" was awesome, what's its name?

Definitely comment on the mix when you are done listening!

joelseph

YES!

The latest We Make It Good mixtape in the series is out today and it mixed by Crookers. So far so good.

---

We made this mix in the only 2 days off in the last 2 month of crazy world touring…mixin in Old Italian stuff with Rusko Dubstep and some fresh beat from our inbox…it seem like have pizza with spaghetti with Chocolate and Caramelle inside..strange…but sounds good!
Important : there’s jus one song of us!!!!! it’s a MIRACLE.
ciao a tutti, baci in bocca, salutateci la famiglia e stateci bene!
pace
C’s

TRKLST :

Marino Marini “Era scritto nel cielo”
An old 45″ from my mother collection…

DATA “Rapture part2″
Bot gave me this in Amsterdam airport…love the beat!

Rusko “Boo Woost” / Caspa “Where’s BEST SH*T RIGHT NOW!

Equipe84 “Io ho in mente te”
I saw them LIVE in Omegna with my papà when i was 5…this song is a strange “fullytambourine” version.

Bombaman “Exia” (Setsuna mix)
Next NicSarno’s ESP RECORD release…MEEEEEEERDA…

Isa GT Feat. Crookers “Pelao”
This is our new mix of Isa GT “Pelao” out soon on Man Rec (BIG UP DANIEL!)

DropTheLime “Hear me” (BSS Mix)
We want Luca do some vocal for us!…and Buraka Co-Produce a song with us…respect!

Hugo Moya “Move”
Great beat!

Dj Mujava “Township Funk” (Radioclit mix)
One of the best song this year.

Sound of Stereo (Nic Sarno re-trix)
Nic is THE REAL freakyaudioeditor…this tune sick !

Dj Cleo “Rutheless”
I had this in our inbox…don’t know nothin about it but it’s good.

Mr.Oizo “Cut20DIck”
RealGENIO.

Lucio Battisti “Il Veliero”
Incredible mood…and perfect words.

funk0ar

Is there a link to that crookers mix joelseph?

PS Future music festival for Sydney Gaffers tomorrow! Basement Jaxx, Etienne de crecy, Mr Oizo, CSS and more, can't wait! :D :D :D

Shaneus

Want full impressions! I'm going to it next weekend for Labor Day. Fuuuuucking PUMPED!

Lifelike.
Tocadisco.
Mr. Oizo.
ETC.
Richie Hawtin.
HOLY FUCK.

Basement Jaxx am cry... have never been impressed with their live gigs OR DJ sets.

Shaneus

I really, really didn't like that track at all. Not compared to Let Me Back Up, for example.

Now, something to put you guys onto that I'm sure you'll thank me for later... Discotech.

http://therecommender.net/2009/02/22/how-good-is-this-number-22/

I can't believe how good every single track is on there, regardless of if you've heard the original before or not. In fact, it'd be criminal if these guys didn't make it big, because they're seriously talented motherfuckers.

homez99

I've been looking through the thread and the web for a mix I downloaded ages ago in here called "Touch Bass" but I can't find it anywhere now, does anyone have any ideas?

btkadams

Shaneus said:
I really, really didn't like that track at all. Not compared to Let Me Back Up, for example.

Now, something to put you guys onto that I'm sure you'll thank me for later... Discotech.

http://therecommender.net/2009/02/22/how-good-is-this-number-22/

I can't believe how good every single track is on there, regardless of if you've heard the original before or not. In fact, it'd be criminal if these guys didn't make it big, because they're seriously talented motherfuckers.
rehost please? i really wanna hear those remixes
homez99 said:
I've been looking through the thread and the web for a mix I downloaded ages ago in here called "Touch Bass" but I can't find it anywhere now, does anyone have any ideas?
it was a gaffer. i forget exactly who it was. sorry! but that user will be here and you let you know im sure.

Shaneus

btkadams said:
rehost please? i really wanna hear those remixes
Gladly will, but have you tried the zshare links? They still work :)

Graf: Know what I don't get? The insane amount of love for the Justice remix of Electric Feel which, TBH, doesn't really do anything for me (shit, they didn't even do anything other than add Justice guitars) yet for the magic that Soulwax weaved on Kids, they get (comparatively) little to no recognition. Annoys the crap out of me.

Kitsuné

Shaneus said:

Graf: Know what I don't get? The insane amount of love for the Justice remix of Electric Feel which, TBH, doesn't really do anything for me (shit, they didn't even do anything other than add Justice guitars) yet for the magic that Soulwax weaved on Kids, they get (comparatively) little to no recognition. Annoys the crap out of me.
I agree, but just Justice is more mainstream than Soulwax nowadays. I'm from Belgium, so Soulwax is pretty well known here (obviously :p), but I can imagine how much more popular Justice is in other countries. Justice's remix is also more of a pop song still, while the Soulwax remix is "only" a dancefloor monster, so I guess that's also why more people like the Justice remix.

subrock

here's a mix I did this week for a local hair salon. its a bit gentler than my normal fare but was good practice.
hope you likey

touch bass ----- prefab for lab

mediafire. 81mb. 51:35 run time

funk0ar

Just got back from Future.

Was a really great day!

Etienne De Crecy was fucking amazing! Seriously if you get a chance to see this live show do it. Almost up there with seeing DP. (it looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzil8S7tUeY)

Grandmaster flash was a lot of fun, played lots of old school hip hop which was very well done and got the crowd going.

CSS were pretty average, didn't stick around that long.

A friend wanted to check out these guys called lifeblood. Hadn't heard of them before but they seemed cool, I enjoyed what they played.

Didn't get to see Basement Jaxx, and only a small bit of N.E.R.D.

Mr.Oizo was great, i loved every song he played and the crowd was def into it.

Such a great day :) There was more that i'm forgetting though :lol

Shaneus

Tell me Oizo played some ultra-extended version of Positif!

But great to hear about ETC... they're more on my must-see list than ever!

Anyone else of note? I'm keen to find out how Lifelike, Chris Lawrence, Tocadisco and Joachim Gaurraud were. Especially Lifelike.

Kitsuné

Anyone else think that Crookers remix of Get On Your Boots by U2 is actually pretty good?

btkadams

Shaneus said:

thanks yeah i didnt see the zshare links lol. some sweet tracks! the kanye, rolling stones, and radiohead mixes are awesome.

joelseph

Kitsuné said:
Anyone else think that Crookers remix of Get On Your Boots by U2 is actually pretty good?

YES! They have been knocking them out of the park recently. I really enjoy their remix of Miike Snow's Animal and Get On Your Boots is fantastic as well. You have the non-rip 320 version yeah?

joelseph

Graf Nudu said:

12 inch single with the Soulwax-remix. <3[/QUOTE]

I love how Soulwax's night remix of the song spawned so many other crazy mashups. The David Bowie mash of this is excellent.

joelseph

For everyone that is discovering the joy of Crookers look up a group from Mexico called Sqzmylmns. They make their own music and do Crooker mashups and such. Very awesome.

Gav

subrock said:
:O at that etienne de crecy video. I need to see that.

also, btkadams, you may be on to something.

Saw Etienne at Global Gathering last summer. Really was awesome.

n283500655_732965_7103.jpg

n283500655_732964_6756.jpg

Anyone here from the denver area? Me and some friends would like to make the trip and see armin on april 2nd and he is playing at club BETA. Anyone been there before? Any opinions on the club?

Shaneus

Oh, was giving the new Crookers/U2 track another few listens. IMO, it's fairly average... can't really be played out at all and there's nothing really catchy about it, vocal or synth-line wise. If someone can explain why they think it's decent I'll gladly give it another, more analytical listen. But until then, consider it written off.

Fusebox

Banned
funk0ar said:
Just got back from Future.

I went to Future in Sydney on saturday, good times! Other than Angello/Ingrosso I spent most of my time up front in the Subbies tent.

3327032011_182fd149b4_o.jpg

3327032009_c5e308f02a_o.jpg

Angello/Ingrosso were playing some awesome tunes but the sound wasn't the best and it was a total dust fest.

Christopher Lawrence played a sweet uplifting set, knocked out a few rough mixes though.

Marcus Shultz was banging, really good upfront trance without getting cheesy.

I didn't really go to see anyone in particular other than Angello and Ingrosso but it was a top day anyway, although I'm WAY more looking forward to We Love Sounds, Zabiela and Laidback Luke are gonna blow the roof off.

Fusebox

Banned
Nah I probably didn't see enough acts to comment, I usually just wander between stages until I find the right balance between the most bangin tunes and the least effort to reach the bar.

Kitsuné

joelseph said:
YES! They have been knocking them out of the park recently. I really enjoy their remix of Miike Snow's Animal and Get On Your Boots is fantastic as well. You have the non-rip 320 version yeah?
yeah :)

Shaneus said:
Oh, was giving the new Crookers/U2 track another few listens. IMO, it's fairly average... can't really be played out at all and there's nothing really catchy about it, vocal or synth-line wise. If someone can explain why they think it's decent I'll gladly give it another, more analytical listen. But until then, consider it written off.
I quite like the main synth line. I don't really care for the lyrics, but the tracks works good in a club environment. Heard it at the Make Up Club in Ghent last Thursday :)

Shaneus

I have no idea where that is, but awesome anyway :) Maybe I need to hear it out, I dunno. Chances are I'll hear it played this weekend at Future in Melb., but it wouldn't be the first time I've disliked a track before I heard it in a club.

Most recent case in point: Spencer & Hill - Most Wanted. Pretty sub-par when you hear it at home, but ultra-clean production means that it bangs on like all fuck when in a club.

Top Bottom