• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
DECK'ARDS 'Alan Cumming's Japanese Shower Scene' (LIVE Kaoss Mix @ ibar)
TR(A)SH @ ibar - 25/3/09

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5784415332360b87/

The set-closer > Turd Ferguson + Atomizer/IDC + Felix Da Housecat & Miss Kittin/Thin White Duke

The Thin White Duke Mix of Silver Screen Shower Scene is a PERFECT track. Ghostbusters-inspired EPICNESS!

Japanese Disco used the Kaoss Phaser w/ beatmatched echo, Silver Screen Shower Scene used the Kaoss Looper, and Alan Cumming was left untouched ;)

I'm quite chuffed with the absolute LOOPFEST near the end as I handed over to Client B. My Decade Deconstruction Mix is dedicated to Client. Without their night Being Boiled @ Notting Hill Arts Club, I would probably have never been inspired to do ibar. And would have also missed out on a SHITLOAD of electro and cutting-edge bands such as Soho Dolls + Plastic Operator, most of whom made it down to Bournemouth as they promised all those years ago ...

Client <3

Coming soon @ ibar, the BIG ONE > DECK'ARDS 'Blade Runner' using a VERY nice extra bit of kit ;)

ENJOI! \(^_^)/

> DECK'ARD
myspace.com/deckfuckinard // myspace.com/ibarrecords // ibarmusic.blogspot.com // www.ibar.com

ifbnvb.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Just got back from WMC... awesome, awesome time. Got to see Hernan Cattaneo, Darren Emerson (played a wicked bangin' techno set), and a Nick Warren/Dave Seaman tag-team (absolutely epic, these are 2 DJs I've been wanting to see for like the last 10 years now), and then went to Ultra day 2, where I saw Above and Beyond (and got to meet one of the members of it), Armin, PVD, deadmau5, MSTRKRFT, Cut Copy, and Infected Mushroom. All in all, a fantastic time.

Still missed my chance to see Masiello though :(

Shaneus

So it's on around this time every year? Never been 100% sure... but should really find out, especially considering I'm looking at heading up with a friend next year!

As far as organising entry and accommodation, is it much of a pain in the arse? How close can you cut it to the event for getting those things sorted?

btkadams

djtiesto said:
Just got back from WMC... awesome, awesome time. Got to see Hernan Cattaneo, Darren Emerson (played a wicked bangin' techno set), and a Nick Warren/Dave Seaman tag-team (absolutely epic, these are 2 DJs I've been wanting to see for like the last 10 years now), and then went to Ultra day 2, where I saw Above and Beyond (and got to meet one of the members of it), Armin, PVD, deadmau5, MSTRKRFT, Cut Copy, and Infected Mushroom. All in all, a fantastic time.

MASTERKRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you got bootlegs right? TELL ME YOU HAVE 320kbps

djtiesto

Shaneus said:
So it's on around this time every year? Never been 100% sure... but should really find out, especially considering I'm looking at heading up with a friend next year!

As far as organising entry and accommodation, is it much of a pain in the arse? How close can you cut it to the event for getting those things sorted?

Yeah, last full week of March every year...

Sadly, next year a friend scheduled his wedding for the day of Ultra 2010, so I won't be going down :(

For me, organizing entry and accommodation is easy, I live 15 min from an airport that has frequent flights to Ft Lauderdale (for all the NY snowbirds going down to Florida ;) ), and I have a friend that lives about 45 min from Miami. I waited till the last minute to get Ultra Music Festival tickets, and many of the WMC events will allow you to pick up tickets at the door (unfortunately, the Sasha event I wanted to go to, and some of the limited-capacity boat cruises sell out quickly and/or have overinflated prices). We start looking for airfare and hotels by mid Feb.. you will probably have to wait longer being a loooong way away.

btkadams said:
MASTERKRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you got bootlegs right? TELL ME YOU HAVE 320kbps

It's admittedly my first time seeing the band, they played a DJ set, and I was seriously impressed... played some classic French house like DANCE, Vertigo, Da Funk, and some funky nu-disco and electro... Alex Metric-Calling :D

No bootlegs, but I will try to seek out and see if anyone posted their set online...

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
DECK'ARDS 'Techn0slut (Demo)'

http://www.zshare.net/audio/58004629c96b444b/

My first original material in 5 years, using DECK'ARDS new Jesus DJ set-up! This is literally the first thing I put together with it (so VERY early), and was created off-the-cuff, in realtime, using no laptop, keyboard or software.

It feels SO good to be making music again! :D

Creating new music from the ground-up based on the crowd's reaction was always part of the original ibar concept, as part of a night that would have been called Guru Meditation, but it was a bit too impractical for us to pull-off well regularly with things like Reason. Until now ... ;)

Using the latest technology I can finally get the sounds, beats and ideas out of my head and make them REAL. And this aspect of ibar will be part of TR(A)SH in the ibar Records week.

If therer's any girl out there who would like to supply the slutty vocals for the finished version of this track, please get in touch!

ibar = Music Factory

ROCK ON!

> DECK'ARD
myspace.com/deckfuckinard // myspace.com/ibarrecords // ibarmusic.blogspot.com // www.ibar.com

djtiesto

Fusebox said:
I knocked up a new mix, kind of a deep trancey progressive tech house tipped smoothy, enjoy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BLCMJ2YK

The New World Markus Schulz

Runaway (Red Eye Remix) Ladytron

Candy (James Zabiela Remix) Spooky

La Guitarra (Original Mix) Orjan Nilsen

Donut (Original Mix) M.A.N.D.Y. and Booka Shade

Requiem für die Vernunft (Lütz Oliver Koletzki

Mono (J.O.C. Remix) Maarten De Jong

Different Feeling Simon Patterson

Wasted Andy Duguid Ft. Leah

Is there a non megaupload/sendspace/etc place you can upload this to? The mix sounds interesting, based on the TL some of the stuff doesn't sound so far off from what you might find on an ISOS CD, definitely a bit of a different direction for you :D

Ironically enough I have been playing more funky and deep house lately, and haven't been really too impressed with trance lately, although La Guitarra was a fantastic song, easily the best trance track of 08.

Slizz

i need more electro, this thread has been lacking lately. whats the deal??? overload me with electro now

btkadams

Slizz said:
i need more electro, this thread has been lacking lately. whats the deal??? overload me with electro now
i try :( check my rookie mix on my facebook, there may be some tracks you havent heard in that.

djtiesto said:

Hell yea man that sounds like a blast. I would love to make it out one year, it sucks living on the other side of the united states.

deadmau5 was just here before st patricks day (he pulled in the biggest dance music crowd utah has ever had) and I get to see above and beyond on the 18th, im excited.

btkadams

QUESTION: is it a known thing for djs to do 2 shows in a night? say, someone played a show at 1145, and then at 2 am they were scheduled for another show a couple blocks away?

on the bloody beetroots myspace it says they are playing at flames central at 2am. but it says on steve aokis (complete with event poster) that they are playing at the whiskey with him at 1145pm. could they possibly be playing both events? checked the dim mak records website and it says bloody beetroots have 2 calgary dates that evening. lol but they both say flames central so im really fucking confused. especially since theres a poster saying theyre playing with steve aoki that night at the whiskey. ahhhhhhhhh

Fusebox

Banned
djtiesto said:
Is there a non megaupload/sendspace/etc place you can upload this to? The mix sounds interesting, based on the TL some of the stuff doesn't sound so far off from what you might find on an ISOS CD, definitely a bit of a different direction for you :D

I've been meaning to sort out some decent webspace, if I get a better host I'll let you know but if you can handle the click-through for now I'd really appreciate the feedback as I haven't been hitting the decks as much lately:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8AYIRFNF

djtiesto said:
Ironically enough I have been playing more funky and deep house lately, and haven't been really too impressed with trance lately, although La Guitarra was a fantastic song, easily the best trance track of 08.

It's cool going back and forth between genres hey? Once you've overdosed one one just slide over into another style and it all feels fresh again. Speaking of deep and funky, do you like Mark Farina?

Shaneus

Was he playing at that Parklife I first met you at, Fusebox? I remember hearing him for a bit and being *completely* blown away.

Meanwhile, I need to work on a new mix again... I think I'm gonna move away from minimal/tech and get into something a little funkier and dirtier (without being too Crookers-esque). Recommendations welcome :)

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
btkadams said:
QUESTION: is it a known thing for djs to do 2 shows in a night? say, someone played a show at 1145, and then at 2 am they were scheduled for another show a couple blocks away?

on the bloody beetroots myspace it says they are playing at flames central at 2am. but it says on steve aokis (complete with event poster) that they are playing at the whiskey with him at 1145pm. could they possibly be playing both events? checked the dim mak records website and it says bloody beetroots have 2 calgary dates that evening. lol but they both say flames central so im really fucking confused. especially since theres a poster saying theyre playing with steve aoki that night at the whiskey. ahhhhhhhhh
It's definitely possible. 2Many DJ's played 3 gigs in England on NYE, they had a heli to transport them to their different gigs :lol

Fusebox

Banned
Shaneus said:
Was he playing at that Parklife I first met you at, Fusebox? I remember hearing him for a bit and being *completely* blown away.

Yes! Good memory man. That was the first time I saw him live and he totally rocked it.

btkadams

Kitsuné said:
It's definitely possible. 2Many DJ's played 3 gigs in England on NYE, they had a heli to transport them to their different gigs :lol
hmm.. well i'm not gonna get my hopes up because at flames central that night benassi is playing and a couple other djs. i doubt the bloody beetroots would be there and not be on my ticket... but i guess them comingo n at 2 like their myspace says could give benassi enough time to play. and the bloody beetroots are playing with benassi at a few dates so you never know. too bad benassi and steve aoki are playing the same night in town. both would be sick concerts.

Slizz

btkadams said:
hmm.. well i'm not gonna get my hopes up because at flames central that night benassi is playing and a couple other djs. i doubt the bloody beetroots would be there and not be on my ticket... but i guess them comingo n at 2 like their myspace says could give benassi enough time to play. and the bloody beetroots are playing with benassi at a few dates so you never know. too bad benassi and steve aoki are playing the same night in town. both would be sick concerts.

yo i tried to find your FB mix but it said your note didnt exist

bggrthnjsus said:
i'm totally reposting this because i got the last post at 100ppp :p

any feedback?

I think I mentioned it in your individual thread, but I fucking loved the mix. Transitions are pretty cool, introduced some nice new beats that I'd never heard. I'm not a huge fan of rap music is the one thing that I would "complain" about, but the rapping never got too stale or anything. I'd love to hear you do a mixtape a la that Ocelot NLLR mix you introduced me to because I think you have a good ear for tunes.

Keep doing what you want though! It's hot shit!

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
What does gaf think of the Justice remix of Get On Your Boots? I've heard a lot of different things about it, going from shite to brilliant. Personally I think it's pretty mediocre ...

btkadams

Kitsuné said:
What does gaf think of the Justice remix of Get On Your Boots? I've heard a lot of different things about it, going from shite to brilliant. Personally I think it's pretty mediocre ...
get on your boots by U2 could possibly be the worst song written in a long time by any artist. that said, justice took it and made it into an actually listenable song. i still don't like it much, but i mean look at what they had to work with. i really dont understand why they chose that song.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I've been on a "80s" run since january, and F house too, some tracks i've been feeling:

Empire of The Sun - Walking on A Dream(Treasure Finger Rmx)
Fare Soldi - Surviver(Keehouse rmx)
Fear of Tigers - Adventure of Pippi longstrump
DJ Mehdi - Tunisia Bambaata
Fred Falke - Look into Your Eyes
College - Can you kiss me(1928 rmx)
Mini Viva - Left my heart in Tokyo(Fred Falke rmx)
Future Cop - Tonight's Hero
Royksopp - Were you ever wanted
Sneaky Sound System - When we were young(Shazam rmx)
Sneaky Sound System - I love It(Fred Falke rmx)

Slizz

Carl Cox Essential Mix 04-11-09

Depeche Mode ‘Personal Jesus (TVR Remix)’
George F ‘Simo’
Mauro Picotto ‘Living For The Time (Technasia Hard Mix)’
De La Soul Vs Kurd Madvrick ‘Ring Ring Ring Hay How You Doing?’
Faithless ‘Music Matters Feat. Cass Fox (Mark Knight Remix)’
Elio Riso ‘Trombone In Ibiza’
The Chemical Brothers ‘Block Rockin Beat (Tim Davison Mix)’
Jay Kay ‘Belfast Kiss’
Nic Fanciulli ‘20%’
Greg Gow ‘Section 23 (Old Skool Banger Mix)’
Jon Rundell ‘Damager’
Umek ‘Gatex (Fergie Mix)’
Sergy Casttle ‘Arpeiator’
Dave Clarke ‘Red 2 (Yousef Edit)’
Mason ‘Kippschwinger’
Petrae Foy & Ptc Project ‘Long Train Final Mix’
James Talk ‘Yucca’
Sharam ‘Say Yeah’
Shin Nishimura ‘Frustration’
Umek ‘Designed Persona (Andy Chatterley Remix)’
Petshopboys ‘Loveetc (Kurd Maverick Club)’
Ralvero ‘Party People’
Steve Mac & Paul Harris ‘Dizzy Heights’
Leftfield ‘Phat Planet (Mark Knight & Funkagenda Remix)

Skiptastic said:
I think I mentioned it in your individual thread, but I fucking loved the mix. Transitions are pretty cool, introduced some nice new beats that I'd never heard. I'm not a huge fan of rap music is the one thing that I would "complain" about, but the rapping never got too stale or anything. I'd love to hear you do a mixtape a la that Ocelot NLLR mix you introduced me to because I think you have a good ear for tunes.

Keep doing what you want though! It's hot shit!
i dj occasionally, mostly electro stuff, so i guess some of it might be sort of similar to that ocelot nllr mix. i haven't recorded any mixes in awhile though, i should get to that. i usually record one every 2 months or so.

btkadams

Miktrebla said:
More of a question than a suggestion. Just watched this video of The Bloody Beetroots, and am trying to identify one song.

http://vimeo.com/3326644

At the 11:56ish mark, anyone know what that song is?
for a split second before that it plays the song "Gay Dentists" by Mr Oizo. the song at 11:56 is something i've heard so many times but i dont remember the name. it sounds like The Chemical Brothers - Salmon Dance (Crookers Wow remix) but its not the same song. it honestly could be another song by the crookers though. i'm fairly positive it isn't the bloody beetroots. ugh this is gonna bug me now.

OK!!! 13:40 of that vid. anyone know that song? that sounds sick. WE HAVE THE BIGGEST EVERRRRRR haha

jowa

btkadams said:
OK!!! 13:40 of that vid. anyone know that song? that sounds sick. WE HAVE THE BIGGEST EVERRRRRR haha
Digitalism - Homezone (their album "Idealism" is quite good, get it!)

As for the other one I don't know, it does sounds like crookers' remix of the salmon dance...

btkadams

jowa said:
Digitalism - Homezone (their album "Idealism" is quite good, get it!)

As for the other one I don't know, it does sounds like crookers' remix of the salmon dance...
thank you. its the proxy remix of that song. yayyyyyyyyyyy.

also, i have a shitload of digitalism (including the album you mentioned). but thanks again! everyone should definitely check out their album "Idealism". Echoes and Idealistic are my fav tracks on there.

Ok I been searching for something new for my playlist yesterday and found some cool stuff.

First it's this song called What The Fuck Vs. Sweet Dreams (Steve Angello Remix), I can't find this song anywhere, and the second song was easy to find, it's called chris lake & sebastien leger - word, they are both from this video.

What The Fuck Vs. Sweet Dreams is the first song of the video, it sounds amazing and I need to find it, I'll pay good money.

Another good one is Rank1 - L.E.D There be light, has a great beat.

btkadams

if its cool with you guys, i'd like to post a mix of mine in a few days. i'm really novice at this so i'm really looking for tips and advice from you guys.

Slizz

btkadams said:
if its cool with you guys, i'd like to post a mix of mine in a few days. i'm really novice at this so i'm really looking for tips and advice from you guys.

if its cool....stfu post it i been waiting

Miktrebla

btkadams said:
for a split second before that it plays the song "Gay Dentists" by Mr Oizo. the song at 11:56 is something i've heard so many times but i dont remember the name. it sounds like The Chemical Brothers - Salmon Dance (Crookers Wow remix) but its not the same song. it honestly could be another song by the crookers though. i'm fairly positive it isn't the bloody beetroots. ugh this is gonna bug me now.

Yeah that's what I thought, but the version The Bloody Beetroots play is much harder than the Crookers version. I recently saw them in SF and they played it, but no one knew what it was.

This will bug me forever. Thanks for your help though.

Top Bottom