• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Davidion

guidop said:

That vocal is just a *little* too sharp, so close to perfect...though i like and appreciate what she was going for. I like Skream's handiwork on this one.

Edit: If you listen to the original version of the track, the vocals actually works a lot better with the synthpop production. I think her voice is just a bit of a bad fit for Skream's sound.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Slizz said:
hopefully me, being that i live here in miami all i need is a ticket, an money for the....."essentials". but yea im pretty sure ill be there

btw: if you dont already have it
Tiesto - Club Life 02-27-09

Really disappointing picks, no "Suburban Train"??? That's Tiesto's best song!

funk0ar

Hey guys, Could I get some recommendations for some good entry level decks and mixers.

It will be for a friends 21st, I will get a few people to chip in so budget of maybe 500-1000 AUD?

subrock

is it for someone that wants to start out DJing? I use a vestax VCI-300 and serato itch and its badass. if he has a laptop this will be good to go and its pretty close to a pro piece of gear. firmware for this is constantly improving too.
vci300_45a.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3s6UJzz8

funk0ar

subrock said:
is it for someone that wants to start out DJing? I use a vestax VCI-300 and serato itch and its badass. if he has a laptop this will be good to go and its pretty close to a pro piece of gear. firmware for this is constantly improving too.
vci300_45a.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3s6UJzz8

Yeah, someone just starting out. That thing looks pretty cool, seems like a bit of a gimic though? Either way they are like 1500 here might be a tad to much

subrock

not a gimmic I assure you. same software that many pro DJs use with their vinyl set ups. only thing that isnt really pro on it is the lack of external mixer but the sound quality and the performance are second to none.
maybe even check out the numark iDJ2 or HDmix if the guy is playing mp3s and not records.

Shaneus

Have heard incredible things about this. Looks like it'll fit in that budget, too!

The only foray I had into digital DJing was with the Behringer BCD-2000. For the price, it's an absolute steal and makes for great mucking round, and it also doubles as a MIDI controller. I don't use mine anymore (have the CDJ's) but it's cheap and definitely fun. I believe it's successor (the BCD-3000) comes with WAY better software than the 2000.

Ooooh, BTW. I have a new mix up! It's more commercial than my other gear, but I think it's a lot more fun than most of my others.

http://www.shaneus.com :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
If you want a nice basic midi controller, I just bought a Numark Total Control for $220 off Amazon.. it works absolutely great for basic mixing/beatmatching and definitely worth the price.

total_control_traktor_med.jpg

Link

Shaneus

But I'm guessing funk0ar is in Australia (given the Aussie dollar reference) and Amazon has a notorious ability to ship *everything* to the land downunder except what you want... including joysticks, game pads and DJ gear (from what I've experienced).

That said, if you're in Vic. funk0ar, StoreDJ in Richmond have quite a few bits of demo hardware you can muck around with. Allans on Bourke St. (Melb. CBD) have a Torq, too. Best thing with StoreDJ is that all their prices include shipping Australia wide if you're not local.

Though I'm not attempting to be some kind of shill, I've found their service to be fairly decent and when grabbing stuff instore (never ordered as they're so close to my work) they always seem quite helpful.

And if you're no good at bargaining, I have a "free" "members login" that will get you some stuff cheaper than advertised, too :) Just PM or whatever if it's something you might be interested in.

jowa

Don Rimini - Endless Tour For Endless Party Mix - March 2009

BEST MIXTAPE EVER! well almost.

01 - Kazey & Bulldog - For Da Real G’s (French Fries Rmx)
02 - Zombie Nation - Worth It pt. 1
03 - South Rakkas Crew - Mad Again (Fake Blood Remix)
04 - Phil Collins - Sussudio (Don Rimini Edit)
05 - Dance Area - AA 24/7 (Diplo Remix)
06 - Dada Life - Happy Hands & Happy Feet (Phatzoo Remix)
07 - Wolfgang Gartner - Flashback
08 - Don Rimini - Ohow ?
09 - Scottie B - niggaz fightin
10 - M… C… (C Remix)
11 - Chuckie - Let The Bass Kick
12 - Chris De Lucas & Phono - Homecourt (CLP’s Double Dutch Mix)
13 - Sinden & The Count Feat. Rye Rye - Hardcore girls (Don Rimini Nasty Boy Remix)
14 - Jesse Rose - Touch My Horn
15 - Alexander Technique feat. Van Scott - Nightlovers (Chewy Chocolate Cookies Remix / JFK Re-edit)
16 - Project Bassline - Drop The Pressure (Jack Beats ‘Rinsed Out Rave’ Remix)
17 - Don Rimini - Hools
18 - Dro & Lodzy - Not Yet Now (Dilemn Remix)
19 - Birdy Nam Nam – Tans Boulogne Express (Yuksek Remix)
20 – Machines Don’t Care - How You Like
21 - Master Techno - My Noise

Fusebox

Banned
I knocked up a new mix, kind of a deep trancey progressive tech house tipped smoothy, enjoy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BLCMJ2YK

The New World Markus Schulz

Runaway (Red Eye Remix) Ladytron

Candy (James Zabiela Remix) Spooky

La Guitarra (Original Mix) Orjan Nilsen

Donut (Original Mix) M.A.N.D.Y. and Booka Shade

Requiem für die Vernunft (Lütz Oliver Koletzki

Mono (J.O.C. Remix) Maarten De Jong

Different Feeling Simon Patterson

Wasted Andy Duguid Ft. Leah

Mustard Pimp is back, peoples!

demolitionmixtape.jpg

Demolition March + 5 tracks!!!

1)La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream Remix) (Bot + Diplo Edit)
2)Curses! - The Deep End (Bart B More Remix)
3)Proxy - Raven (Crookers Remix)
4)Pink is Punk - Lucky Day (Lazy Ants remix)
5)Dbag - Off To The Boy (Congorock Remix Radio Edit)
6)Snoop Dogg - Pump Pump (Aniki Edit)
7)Dopefish - Who Freaked Who (Dopefish Kill Beat Remix)
8)Will Smith - Fresh Prince Of Bel Air ( Mustard Pimp Remix)
9)3 Is A Crowd - What Is A DJ (Second Version)
10)Mustard Pimp - TÈlÈsiËge
11)Gigi Barocco Vs. Ice Mc - Think AbOOt The Way
12)Haddaway - What is Love (Barletta Edit)
13)Redman - I Hold The Crown (Gigi Barocco Remix)
14)Atari Teenage Riot - Rage (Mustard Pimp Remix)
15)Rosso - Saxophone Baby (Shinichi Osawa Remix)
16)Straaatch - Offend the Silence (Vocal edit)
17)Motˆrhead - Ace Of Spades (Mustard Pimp Remix)

btkadams

i missed benny benassi last year by a few weeks (turned 18 a few weeks after he came to town) but he is back again. i'm so stoked. got me and my man 2 tickets.

n57651556650_6920.jpg

anybody seen him? i might be popping i'm not sure. my friend saw him last year and she popped and said it was amazing and the guy i'm seeing has never popped and wants to... but i really don't like doing that stuff now. i'm sure i'd have fun if i did, but i still am quite past that stage in my life.

Just wanted to tip people off that Clark's new release Growls Garden is available on Bleep for $6. It sounds really awesome from all that I've heard and I fully intend to purchase it when my lunch break starts.

It's currently on the front page here:
http://www.bleep.com/

subrock

ridiculous!

I'm sending don Rimini the bill when I get hearing aids.
Also, local dj neoteric fucking slaughtered before don.
Sleep now

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
subrock said:
ridiculous!

I'm sending don Rimini the bill when I get hearing aids.
Also, local dj neoteric fucking slaughtered before don.
Sleep now
Sounds like you had an awesome night :D I saw Don Rimini in the Make Up Club here in Ghent a couple of weeks ago, and he was amazing as well!

Shaneus

Everybody needs to get onto Christian Falk feat. Robyn - Dream On (Tiger Stripes remix). It's so, SO good. No YT link, unfortunately... just find it on your own and bask in it's genius.

And yes... it's THAT Robyn.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
DECK'ARDS 'Birthday Party Monster' (LIVE Kaoss Mix @ ibar , 18/3/09) - 55m18

My Party Monster/Electroclash influenced set for the launch of TR(A)SH + my birthday, and my best bit of live Kaoss'ing to date! God Bless the Kaoss Looper + Kaoss Effects #16 & #44! :D

http://www.zshare.net/audio/574564110f03ba40/

1> Felix Da Housecat - Money, Success, Fame, Glamour
2> Mel Merio - Domino Dancing (Domino Dub)
3> Mannequin - Take Me To The Club
4> E-Men - Animal Skin (Duse Mix)
5> The Droyds - Take Me I''m Yours (Droyds Radio Edit)
6> Client - Rock And Roll Machine
7> Pet Shop Boys feat. Pete Burns - Jack And Jill Party (Single Mix)
8> Mirwais - Naive Song (Dave Clark Remix)
9> Fidget - Living On Video
10> The Dysfunctional Psychedelic Waltons - Payback Time (K-Paul Remix)
11> Electric Six - Danger! High Voltage (Soulchild 12" Blitz Mix)
12> Justice Vs. Simian - We Are Your Friends (Liam Vizzle Remix)
13> Fake Blood - Mars (Trumpdisco Remix)

Rock And Roll Machine by Client is my motto for life ...

WE. ARE. ALL. TR(A)SH

Andy // DECK'ARD
myspace.com/deckfuckinard // ibarmusic.blogspot.com // www.ibar.com

2iscnll.jpg

Best. Birthday. EVER! :D

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
DECK'ARDS 'Decade Deconstruction Mix' (LIVE Kaoss Mix @ ibar) - 1h53m
TR(A)SH @ ibar - 25/3/09

My best set yet for the launch of ibar Records! :D

http://www.zshare.net/audio/576963762c53eab0/

1> Lo-Fidelity Allstars - Bonus Beats
2> Eminem Vs. Survivor - Without Me (White Label)
3> Space Monkeys - Fernando Killed Rock and Roll (Limited Run 12")
4> Jape - Floating (D.I.M. Remix)
5> Kings Have Long Arms & Phil Oakey - Rock And Roll Is Dead (Atomizer Vs. Punx Soundcheck Remix)
6> Atomizer - Ball & Chain (Grid Remix)
7> Ayria - Infiltrating My Way Through The System (Human Decay Remix)
8> New Order - Here To Stay (Felix Da Housecat Remix)
9> Benny Benassi - No Matter What You Do
10> The Black Ghosts - Any Way You Choose To Give It (Fake Blood Remix)
11> Sophia Lamar - Get Your Ass Off (Larry Tee Remix)
12> A.R.E. Weapons - Saigon Disco
13> Steve D - Monochromatic (Technoclash Mix)
14> New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix)
15> Motor - Black Powder
16> Motion 040 - Timmy's Turn (Original Mix)
17> Miss Kittin - Frank Sinatra
18> Crossover - Lucida Obscura
19> !AïBoFoRcEn<- Twilight World
20> Turd Ferguson - Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler Mix)
21> Atomizer - Japanese Disco (IDC Remix)
22> Felix Da Housecat & Miss Kittin - Silver Screen Shower Scene (Thin White Duke Mix)

And it was also the most ambitious! It spans about a decade's worth of music, across several genres. Which is the philosophy behind DECK'ARD, TR(A)SH and ibar Records. Don't limit yourself to a certain sound, open your mind and enjoy everything. There's SO much good music out there if you go looking for it, and the Internet now makes this VERY easy. Explore it ALL, and reward those responsible for it ...

Rare remixes, obscure unappreciated artists and sampled vinyl galore in this set! The highlight being a KAOSS'D TO FUCK full 10 minutes of New Order's Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix), the original version used at the start of Blade.

And hardly any drunken mistakes this time! Which is just as well what with Client B being stood next to me for most of it.

A 2CD Edit will be given out when TR(A)SH goes weekly after Easter, along with a CD Sampler of ibar Records' acts as our campaign to fuck the system gathers pace ...

Enjoi! \(^_^)/

Andy // DECK'ARD
myspace.com/deckfuckinard // myspace.com/ibarrecords ibarmusic.blogspot.com // www.ibar.com

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The track from Club Blood @ the start of Blade ... RESURRECTED!

DECK'ARDS 'Pump Powder Confusion' (LIVE Kaoss Mix @ ibar) - 16m50
TR(A)SH @ ibar - 25/3/09

http://www.zshare.net/audio/57760259940de3b8/

23hsqo2.jpg

This bit of my Decade Deconstruction Mix made people go a bit mental in the bar, so I thought I'd chop it out and upload it on it's own. It's one of the best remixes EVER.

The Kaoss Looper + Flanger were in FULL effect at this point! Really proud of what I did with this actually, I think Client B looking on inspired me to take a few more risks =)

> DECK'ARD
myspace.com/deckfuckinard // myspace.com/ibarrecords // ibarmusic.blogspot.com // www.ibar.com

Gav

Knew i was going, but the lineup got released today...! Will be my 4th year, i cant wait!

GG.09_Line_Up.jpg

Roll on July :D

Gav

Davidion said:
I had NO idea that Orbital reformed! :eek:

BITCHES BETTER PLAY SOME US SHOWS

Yeah they got back together to do some shows :D

Will see them there at Global, and going to see them in Leeds in June also!

Top Bottom