• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

joelseph

I assumed mine was because I posted a link to my Extra-Life donation page asking for help raising money for kids with cancer. (I have raised $900!) It was longer than your ban. But now that I know we both had the same informative ban text I don't know. /shrug All good, just the way gaf is.

This was the only thread I missed, love you all. =)

joelseph

Has anyone gone through the tweet gate and gotten the second flostradamus EP? X2? They just released it, if anyone does could you post the DL link or rehost to mediafire? Thanks bunches.

BeeDog

Haha, after Showtek's/Dutch Master's bitching, they decided to add the credits for X2.

On another note, pretty huge news for any The Prodigy fans!

Yo people ,XL Recordings are celebrating 15 years since the release of our Fat Of The Land album by re-releasing it and to make it special and give it weight we got behind it and got some killer new remixes done so it'll come with an 'added fat' extra cd also.These mixes include Noisia on 'Smack My Bitch Up',Zeds Dead on 'Breathe' and Alvin Risk on 'Firestarter' amongst others.
It'll all be available for download plus theres a 4 track vinyl too. Dec 3 release date in Uk,Dec 4 in USA and out pretty much everywhere else around then also.We'll stick up the full tracklisting and some links down the line. The djs will be out there playin these so listen up! , as for now , im back in the studio , boom!
LH

*swoon*

lush

Gotta check out that French Express mix, my friend (internet, later IRL) was one of the founding members but he left to pursue other ventures. Actually there's a lot in here I want to take a look at, heard a Flume song on SiriXMU today and am interested in hearing some more, and saw Bicep for the first time last weekend.

Decided to check out some of their stuff after that Perseus Mix from last month. I was especially feeling the two Chris Malinchak tunes("If U Got It" & "So Good To Me"). They have alot of free downloads on their Soundcloud too which is nice.

That Bicep mix is great, just finished it.

accx

I think I love you. Thanks for this! The other songs you posted were decent, but this mix really hit the spot.

I've been out of the loop lately regarding disco and such, so here's a brostep song for y'all:
Feed Me & Crystal Fighters - Love is all I got (Friction Remix)

Oh, i found a tune in my archive that i obviously hadn't given an extra thought, enjoy;
Booka Shade-Regenerate (Kris Menace Remix)

EDIT:

Decided to check out some of their stuff after that Perseus Mix from last month. I was especially feeling the two Chris Malinchak tunes("If U Got It" & "So Good To Me"). They have alot of free downloads on their Soundcloud too which is nice.

That Bicep mix is great, just finished it.

Love that 'Perseus Mix'. I see you've mentioned Chris Malinchak; He's fantastic btw.
If you've missed my earlier post ITT regarding nu disco, deep house, balearica and italo, you should check the artists i listed earlier;
Nu Disco Tips

accx

Searched through the thread and noticed a couple of tunes hadn't been posted yet.. So here goes;
Icona Pop - I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) (Style Of Eye Remix)
Jessie Ware - Night Light (Joe Goddard Remix)
Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen (Alex Metric Remix)

EDIT:
Also, the remix album of Crystal Fighters "Star Of Love" is fantastic.

EDIT 2:
A tune that always seem to get everyone going, from mainstream pop listeners to hardcore metal fans is this;
Style of Eye - Antidote
I've been bedroom mixing for friends with differing music taste, but this song tend to always get everyone going.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I think I love you. Thanks for this! The other songs you posted

Love that 'Perseus Mix'. I see you've mentioned Chris Malinchak; He's fantastic btw.
If you've missed my earlier post ITT regarding nu disco, deep house, balearica and italo, you should check the artists i listed earlier;
Nu Disco Tips

Funny enough I had Malinchak's "Fuego" in my head all morning...

HiResDes

There's always talk of singles/mixes/EP's in here, but what are some actual albums from 2012 I should check out? I have a few but feel like I'm missing out, what are your (y'alls) favorite 5 (electronic) albums of the year so far?

Voices From the Lake - Voices from the Lake
Phon. O - Black Boulder
Le K - Freewheel
Nocow & Hmot - Lost in Taiga
Tomas Barfod - Salton Sea

accx

Funny enough I had Malinchak's "Fuego" in my head all morning...

...Which is wonderful.
I don't know why, but somehow this song and The Barking Dogs - Mamarracho always felt similar.

EDIT:
I've always loved Santigold and Duke Dumont always deliver fantastic remixes. It's no surprise that i like this tune
Santigold - The Keepers (Duke Dumont Remix)

Also, I would encourage everyone to check out 'Plastic Plates' Sound Cloud and 'RAC's Sound Cloud.
There's a lot of fantastic remixes to be found there.
RAC
Plastic Plates
MPM Soundtracks should be mentioned, always.. I hate that they (him/her) decided to quit. I mean.. I've heard snippets from MPM and they sound amazing!
To create this song and then stop making music is incomprehensible:
MPMSoundtracks Feat. Kristine - A Night Like Tonight

EDIT2:
Searched through the thread again and couldn't find this posted yet:
Bat For Lashes - All Your Gold (Hercules & Love Affair Remix)
Simple, but catchy, house tune. Enjoy.

bowery

This is phenomenal:

Digitalism mix for Tsugi podcast

also it's their 5 year anniversary party tonight and this lineup is bonkers
8d58dc5213f311e2984522000a1fbda3_6.jpg

Anyone able to put that Baauer mix on media fire? I'm about to punch a hole through my work monitor trying to get it off upload or whatever it's called.
Or a link to soundcloud actually

Shaneus

Guys:

New Year's is coming up. Specifically, New Years Day.

What do I do?

n4pO0.png

Summadayze:
Very "big" lineup.
Very BIG festival (large area, many stages etc.)
Always very popular, very busy. Lots of fuckheads.
Almost always have a really good time.
Line up really not doing it for me.

qyfL5.png

Let Them Eat Cake:
Nice lineup, nothing too intense (compared to Summadayze).
Not in the CBD. Easier for me to get to. Fresher air?
Possibly less people, though first and second release tickets have sold out. Suspect there will be HEAPS fewer fuckheads.
Never been before (may be the first time it's on, could be first-time organisers).
Tiger & Woods.

What do you guys think? I'm heavily leaning towards the latter, mostly because I've gone with my friends for the past 8 years or so to the former and it's kind of predictable. Even if the latter is shit, at least it's different and it has Tiger & Woods.

JL: I found another link to that mix: http://depositfiles.com/files/f4kl803ty
I'm downloading it now. Still want it on Mediafire? And does MF even allow ~180mb storage?

Cheers! I'm not sure,works shit IE browsers blocks the download first then 2nd try its too many attempts and media fires the only one not blocked.

I actually sent that second festival to my friend I'm considering visiting in melb and she lost her shit. Didn't even know about it and here I am in the Uk telling her haha.

Go 2nd one! Theo Parish is awesome,The gas lamp killer is great live, Digital mystics (all though not your thing), space dimension controller,Pearson sound and flying lotus are all great.

Also yeah way less dickheads as that line up has no "massive" names like I duno chase and status or something.

Shaneus

Cheers! I'm not sure,works shit IE browsers blocks the download first then 2nd try its too many attempts and media fires the only one not blocked.

I actually sent that second festival to my friend I'm considering visiting in melb and she lost her shit. Didn't even know about it and here I am in the Uk telling her haha.

Go 2nd one! Theo Parish is awesome,The gas lamp killer is great live, Digital mystics (all though not your thing), space dimension controller,Pearson sound and flying lotus are all great.

Also yeah way less dickheads as that line up has no "massive" names like I duno chase and status or something.
Man, you'd be surprised (or proud?). I looked up each of the acts and I think I'd actually quite like Digital Mystikz... only heard Haunted though, but just listening to another one now, I think I would like it. At least, not hate it ;)
Slow Magic is a lot like that slow, cruisy, lo-fi stuff that's similar to Washed Out.
Flying Lotus I've seen before. From what I can remember (I think) they'd be the most commercial out of the lot. I think. I remember they were good though... very energetic. (fake edit: wasn't Flying Lotus I was thinking of... anyway)
Mathew Jonson sounding nice. Reminded me of Aril Brikha from what I came across.
But yeah... I'm digging it. Will do my best to convince my mates to go _b

PS. Uploading now!

PPS. Enjoy

PPPS. Oh man, this hurts. Guess that means he won't be out for a while :(

Haaaaa fuck off have you just said you quite liked Digital mystiks! :)
Haunted is pretty much a Coki song and is a "tear out" tune. Goblin,Spongebob and horrid Henry are other examples but I'm 99.9% sure you'll google them and say fuuuck that haha

The flip to that vinyl is Anti war dub which is more Mala and abit easier going.
Off the top of my head Ancient memory's, Eyez, earth run red and left leg out are there most "famous" songs.
If nothing else it will be the best showcase for dubstep you'll ever get in Oz!

gdt

Guys:

New Year's is coming up. Specifically, New Years Day.

What do I do?

n4pO0.png

Summadayze:
Very "big" lineup.
Very BIG festival (large area, many stages etc.)
Always very popular, very busy. Lots of fuckheads.
Almost always have a really good time.
Line up really not doing it for me.

qyfL5.png

Let Them Eat Cake:
Nice lineup, nothing too intense (compared to Summadayze).
Not in the CBD. Easier for me to get to. Fresher air?
Possibly less people, though first and second release tickets have sold out. Suspect there will be HEAPS fewer fuckheads.
Never been before (may be the first time it's on, could be first-time organisers).
Tiger & Woods.

What do you guys think? I'm heavily leaning towards the latter, mostly because I've gone with my friends for the past 8 years or so to the former and it's kind of predictable. Even if the latter is shit, at least it's different and it has Tiger & Woods.

JL: I found another link to that mix: http://depositfiles.com/files/f4kl803ty
I'm downloading it now. Still want it on Mediafire? And does MF even allow ~180mb storage?

I say go wherever Scuba will be.

Scubas not that amazing! And what he plays is entirely dependant on his mood it's seems!
Theo Parrish is the real reason to go to the other!

Baauer EP I per ordered is delayed :(

Did get given a free bunch of songs because of it though.
3 by Cidrim,2 by S-type,one by Obey City and a remastered Dum Dum

gdt

Scubas not that amazing! And what he plays is entirely dependant on his mood it's seems!

i will cut you

I've never been to a show of his, so I guess he can be inconsistent live, but I'm judging purely from his material

Come at be Bro!
I didn't mean to say he's not worth seeing just he's not VS the other line up. I was really tempted to go to his first live thing in Nov but I have to go to Scotland now instead.

Shaneus

Yeah, having a listen to that Coki stuff... not so sure. I like Haunted though! ;)

But I thought that "real" dubstep was this sort of thing (and this, and being a fan of nu-school breaks back in the day (not heavily, though) it really does scratch an itch I never knew I had.

Having said that, it definitely seems that Cake is more focused toward a more dub-style crowd... at least, that's what I gathered when more than a few acts I looked up had dub/techish tracks (even if they weren't the majority). Still... something different! And if the music isn't horribly offensive, then it'll at least be a learning experience. Rather see good music, different music I don't like than the same old music I hear over again.

(btw that Burial track I posted... holy fuck, that's nice)

Zeth

I've been really enjoying this newish Holy Other album. What genre is it considered? The atmosphere reminds me of Burial a little bit.

BeeDog

Baauer EP I per ordered is delayed :(

Did get given a free bunch of songs because of it though.
3 by Cidrim,2 by S-type,one by Obey City and a remastered Dum Dum

Cid Rim's version of Hello Kitty is fucking fat! I'd say the stinkers of the bunch are the S-Type tracks, not really very good.

Yeah, having a listen to that Coki stuff... not so sure. I like Haunted though! ;)

But I thought that "real" dubstep was this sort of thing (and this, and being a fan of nu-school breaks back in the day (not heavily, though) it really does scratch an itch I never knew I had.

Having said that, it definitely seems that Cake is more focused toward a more dub-style crowd... at least, that's what I gathered when more than a few acts I looked up had dub/techish tracks (even if they weren't the majority). Still... something different! And if the music isn't horribly offensive, then it'll at least be a learning experience. Rather see good music, different music I don't like than the same old music I hear over again.

(btw that Burial track I posted... holy fuck, that's nice)

Ha yeah Coki is abit mad.

Kode 9 is part of it but hes moving towards Juke these days.
Best Kode 9 song is9 Samurai
Burial is kind of out there on his own, I wouldnt really say it was dubstep to be honest. Only ever heard Burial played out once (that song infact) and that was by Jackmaster!

Ill post a few things and it will give you an idea, most of these are my favorites actually.
The Bug- Skeng
Coki- Sound boy (just came in the post today on limited vinyl)
Pinch- Swish (the Distance remix is absurd)
VIVEK- The Big Bang
VIVEK- SoundMan
VIVEK- Johnny Osbourne/Fally Ranking Remix
Mala- Changes
Mala- Miracles
Jack Sparrow- The good old days

I get abit carried away when it comes to dubstep..
Yeah cheers for the Upload! Giving it a listen now.

gdt

I saw this band open for How To Dress Well the night before last, they were great, and it was their first live performance. Still a bit rough (and the girl's mic was too low), but great songs I thought.

The guy drummer singer is better than the girl, who is a little monotone or something.

http://soundcloud.com/xworshiperx/goodbye

Just thought I'd pimp them a little, I enjoyed their set a lot.

Better than o F F Love who came on after....

Shaneus

JL: Yeah, that K9 track you posted, honestly not doing anything for me. I can recognize a good *quality* song and I know that's one... but just not feeling it.

lush

Dusky Essential Mix (Stream/Download)

PFM - The Western
Bicep & Ejeca - You
Ross 154 - Until My Heart Stops (Original Mix)
Thor - Yellow Sky Over Reykjavik (Original Mix)
Reese - Just Want Another Chance
Kerri Chandler - Oblivion (Original Mix)
Dusky - Henry 85 (Original Mix)
Bugsy, Dirty Channels & Amina - Alone (Pezzner Remix - Josh Wink Re-think Vox)
Audiojack - No Equal Sides (Original Mix)
Huxley - Little Things
Dusky - Dummy
Joy O - Big Room Tech House DJ Tool - Tip
Dusky - Numerical (Original Mix)
Zed Bias & Paleman - Furrball (Original Mix)
Dusky - Flo Jam
Bicep - Keep Keep (Original Mix)
Justin Martin - Don't Go (Dusky Remix)
Dusky - Nobody Else
Midland - Bring Joy (Midlands 2012 Refix)
Hot Chip - Night and Day (Dusky Remix)
Justin Martin - Sad Piano (Original Mix)
Dusky - Vanishing Point
MJ Cole - Sincere
Evren Ulusoy - Rhythmate (The Timewriter Remix)
Radio Slave - Let It Rain (Original Mix)
Dusky - Calling Me (Original Mix)
Boddika - Soul What (Beat Mix)
Okain - O'Clock (Gerd's Deep Mix)
Marshall Jefferson - Mushrooms (Trevino Remix)
A1 Bassline - Soul Beat Running
KMA Productions - Cape Fear
Marcelus - Shape (Original Mix)
Dusky - Muriel (Original Mix)
Mark-Henning - Trojan (Original Mix)
Daniel Avery - Need Electric (Original Mix)
Special Request - Lolita (Warehouse Mix)
Animal Youth - Sixty Four Zero (Original Mix)
Photek - 124 (Original Mix)
MFA - The Difference It Makes (Original Mix)
Omar S & Aaron 'Fit' Siegel - Tonite feat L'Renée (Detroit Mix)

edit: so good....

BeeDog

Free (awesome) music time!

V/A - Mad-Hop Vol. 5:

1. Lomovolokno - 22 02:18
2. Anders Wallden - Oandligheten (Ninjato Remax) 02:47
3. Sina. - Not That Man 03:47
4. Mokhov - U Know 03:57
5. Leadsmen - Words Unspoken (Arts The Beatdoctor Remix) 04:45
6. Kingstux - Beat The Clock 02:54
7. Lee Spacey - Thermal Blooming In The 80s 01:38
8. Filtercutter - Ataristix 02:55
9. Headshotboyz - ERMAC 02:52
10. Foolk - Broken Mirror 02:23
11. Jemapur - Empty 03:52
12. Antti Szurawitzki - 3 Minutes City 03:31
13. Lupid Ocampo - Night Shift 04:15
14. Zova -Toy Crash 03:06
15. GLGN - Red Clouds 04:25
16. Dnte - Could We Dance 02:49
17. Dizz1 - Relentless 03:28
18. Metaform - Boombox Casket 03:18
19. Favorite Flava - So Cruel (Yosi Horikawa Remix) 03:38
20. en2ak - Oral Hygiene Basics 04:01
21. Jimmy Pé - Old Times 02:58
22. 9th Cloud - Riffrafing In Front Of You (Gaex & Karaoke Tundra Remix) 02:06
23. XLII - Dickey Mouse 03:32

Really digging that Mokhov track.

lush

Resident Advisor Mix 333 - Pangaea

Crash Course In Science - Flying Turns (J Rocc Edit)
Inigo Kennedy - Disquiet
Peverelist & Kowton - Raw Code
Skudge - Convolution (Aardvarck Remix)
Shlomi Aber - Greys
Shed - VIOMF!
Wishmountain - Andrex
Joe - R.E.J Bit
Pfirter - Epistaxis
STL - Jungle Sometimes
Boddika - Beats Me
Blawan - Clays Strider
DJ Empty - Meaningless 5
Mr G - Mango Came Round
Pangaea - Trouble
Rhythm Section - Emotion
Karizma - Again
Truncate - Dial
Bandshell - Perc
Bobby Champs - Bureau (Tool)
Peter Van Hosen - Inspection In Solitude
Ben Sims - Slow Motion (Skudge Remix)
Pearson Sound - Quivver
Mathew Jonson - Panna Cotta
Planetary Assault Systems - Wriss
Marquis Hawkes - Sealion Woman
Tommy Four Seven - Track 5 (Robert Hood Remix)
Andy Stott - Dark Details
Objekt - Shuttered
Klaus - Phi
Bjork - One Day (Springs Eternal Mix)

Star Slinger - Mix for Mistajam show on BBC RADIO 1 & 1XTRA

1. Norrit - Want U Back
2. Star Slinger - Ladies In The Back (Feat. Teki Latex)
3. Karma Kid - Its Always (Star Slinger Remix)
4. Diafrix - Helicopter (Star Slinger Remix)
5. Little Dragon - Sunshine (Star Slinger Remix)
6. Jessie Ware - Wildest Moments (Star Slinger Remix)
7. LOL Boys - Changes (Star Slinger Remix)
8. French Fries - Yo Vogue
9. Star Slinger - Take This Up
10. Alunageorge - You Know You Like It (Riton Rerub)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Jammin' my butt off to this Physical Therapy mix tonight:

Physical Therapy - Drone On (ft. Jamie Krasner) [Supreme Cuts Mix)
Kallisti - Millenial
DJ Zinc - Super Sharp Shooter (Remix)
Krinjah - Angel (VIP)
DJ Heretic - Scalp Dem (ft. Supercat)
Divison One - Pull Up
Sunshine Anderson - Heard It All Before (DJ Marky Remix)
Plies - You (Unknown Remix)
Shakira - Underneath Your Clothes (The Xquizit DJ X D&B Vocal Remix)
The Knife - Heartbeats (Ed Cook Remix)
Arca - Walls
The Streets - Has It Come to This
Supreme Cuts - Val Venus (Physical Therapy Remix)
DJ RuffKutt - Dangerous
Evy Jane - Sayso (Julien Mier Remix)
Future Sounds of London - Papua New Guinea (Nu:Tone Remix)
Common - The Light (Brookes Brothers Remix)
Michael Jackson - Human Nature (Makoto Remix)
Unknown - This Song Is For You

Top Bottom