• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I disagree. I think it's horrendous. I figured out why I don't like it a lot of this new trap shit. They're very few trap artists like Lunice truly making something that belongs in its own genre. Flosstradamus is making glorified bro-step, trap to a lot of these artists is merely bro-step with hard hitting mid-bass drops. Fuck that shit.

Someone mentioned to me that trap was just 'instrumental crunk' and that's what a lot of it sounds like to me *shrug*

Alucrid

Banned
Nope not working either. It's so strange I can go on a dubstep forum but not GAF of resident advisor. No Facebook but gmail, soundcloud and YouTube is ok. Really bizarre..
Have come across some old but really good boiler room sets though because of it.
That sucks. I mostly browse on my phone tbh at work even though it's unblocked.

Perseus' Jessie ware night Light remix is sick

lush

"Trap" has always seemed to be straddling the fence with "bro-step". It's just gradually become more and more apparent. Especially with Mad Decent/Jeffrees getting in to it, I'd say that's probably a factor. You still have your good and bad like anything else. Don't really see it lasting too much longer though.

Came across this one the other day speaking of Lunice: Lunice - Fancy Forty(Rami.B Remix)

Holy Other - Love Some1 (Teengirl Fantasy Remix) // missed this one some how, dope
How To Dress Well - Blue Crystal Fire (Robbie Basho Cover)

Also, don't forget, two hour mix from Jacques Greene tonight(22:00) on Radio 6. I'll post a rip when I see one.

So...where the hell do I buy/download this song.

"Night Light" is her next single so I'm assuming it'll be on that.

i came across terminal 11 a few weeks ago, and i've pretty much loved all his stuff. one album in particular though, is just insanely creative.
i also read an interview where he said he's glad his recent music isn't just an outlet for his anger. i feel this album has a lot of what he's referring to. insane, complex stuff, and i can honestly feel for the guy in certain songs.

andylsun

This is from last year but id never heard it and I thought id heard 90% of his stuff
http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2011/02/nicolas-jaar

I missed, this. Thanks.

Nicolas Jaar has posted his version of the BBC Essential Mix without the station ident and Pete Tong. It's also a better quality version than the mp3's floating around.

http://soundcloud.com/clownandsunset/csp06-nicolas-jaar-essential

Edit: the piano piece around 25 minutes in is only available on CD. Was hoping to find a used LP box (Sun Bear Concerts - Keith Jarrett) that contains this track, but the Encores were not included.

I disagree. I think it's horrendous. I figured out why I don't like it a lot of this new trap shit. They're very few trap artists like Lunice truly making something that belongs in its own genre. Flosstradamus is making glorified bro-step, trap to a lot of these artists is merely bro-step with hard hitting mid-bass drops. Fuck that shit.

Well honestly its (imo) on the fringes of even trap to me. Like I said I do like DEAF though.

Flosstradamus do have good songs its just not really any of these three, I speak from personal experience when it I say Roll Up is one of the most absurd songs ive ever heard on a proper sound system. Like literally I couldn't breath when the bass kicks in at 0.50 It goes so low.

No way on earth anyones getting the full effect without pumping it out of a proper system trust me on that one.

I missed, this. Thanks.

Nicolas Jaar has posted his version of the BBC Essential Mix without the station ident and Pete Tong. It's also a better quality version than the mp3's floating around.

http://soundcloud.com/clownandsunset/csp06-nicolas-jaar-essential

No worries, Its actually shot up to probably my favorite mix by him actually. Been rinsing it the last few days.

bowery

yeah played nico jaar essential mix in full so many times the past months, and i agree flosstradamus is sometimes hit or miss but when you hear it live on a good soundsystem and had a few drinks nothing could make me want to dance more

lush

Jacques Greene Radio 6 Two Hour Mix // Download

Vampillia & Nadja - Call From Eternity
Derrick May & Amerie - Kaotic Harmony/Take Control (Acapella)
Mood II - Swing I Like It
Lothario - Falln
Brawther - Don't Go
Grown Folk - High Tide
Lil' Louis - Frequency
Jared Wilson - Unknown Desires
Helix - Honig
DJ Drama - My Moment (T-Minus Instrumental)
Shlohmo - The Way U Do
Jacques Greene - Dakou
Schatrax - Dizzy
Sei A - Going Down
Kyle Hall - Down!
Head High - It's A Love Thing (Sigg Gonzales Island Mix)
Dorian Concept - Dunk Phy
Jacques Greene - Untitled
The Shiver - Oiled Love
Machine Drum - Whip
Parris Mitchell - Follow Me Ghetto (Acid)
Nathan Fake - Old Light
Jam City - How We Relate to Our Bodies
Jacques Greene - Ready
Bintus - Point Counter Point
Jeremih - 773 Love
Rustie - Frazzle
Evian Christ - MYD
Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)
Tommy Kruise - Cumulo
XV - Swervin (Lunice Remix)
Ango - Perfume
Zodiac - Night House
Koreless - 50 Mil to the Woman Who Makes Me Feel Alive Again

also:

Boddika & Joy Orbison - & Fate
Donell Jones - U Know What's Up (Joy Orbison Edit)
Yuna - Lullabies (Jim-E Stack Remix) // so good....

edit: That Machinedrum track is nice.

I messed about making this over 3 days, probably not going to be the best mixing youll ever hear!

Round 3
nNCPu.png

BeeDog

Finally managed to take a listen to Shed - The Killer by borrowing a friend's copy. Goddamn this album is solid, really digging the harder stuff:

I Come By Night
Day After
Silent Witness
Ride On

"Thoughts running through my head..."

Can anyone recommend some more techno such as the tunes above (particularly Day After)? Extremely hard to find this kind of stuff, but I LOVE IT.

Miroku

Finally managed to take a listen to Shed - The Killer by borrowing a friend's copy. Goddamn this album is solid, really digging the harder stuff:

I Come By Night
Day After
Silent Witness
Ride On

"Thoughts running through my head..."

Can anyone recommend some more techno such as the tunes above (particularly Day After)? Extremely hard to find this kind of stuff, but I LOVE IT.

Great album.

Here's a recent EP by Shed under a different moniker:

The Traveller - A 100 EP

While none of these sound just like Shed (nothing really does) here are some recent enough techno releases you might enjoy:

Barker & Baumecker - Transsektoral

Kangding Ray - Monad XI

Forward Strategy Group - Labour Division

Shifted - Crossed Paths

okno

That "untitled" track is heavenly. Dude has some serious fucking creativity in his bones for such a young age.

Thinking about it though, it doesn't sound a lot unlike what Orbital were putting out in their heyday.

"Untitled" is niiiiice. Not really anything super wow new, but it has just enough nostalgia in it without being obnoxious.

"Whip," however, is just nuts. That song will KILL when it gets released.

Guess I should listen to this mix eh!? in other news bagged a Glastonbury 2013 ticket!

Anyone got a media player suggestion? Zune looks nice but it wont take Flac, media player is also being a dick, Foobar was just meh. Currently just sat on VCL now just to be able to listen to flac :(

Alucrid

Banned
Guess I should listen to this mix eh!? in other news bagged a Glastonbury 2013 ticket!

Anyone got a media player suggestion? Zune looks nice but it wont take Flac, media player is also being a dick, Foobar was just meh. Currently just sat on VCL now just to be able to listen to flac :(

foobar

Went with winamp, though for some dumbass reason its sorting some albums not by track order but seemingly randomly and its driving me nuts. The metadata clearly has the right info :|

In terms of... Upcoming releases? Things you haven't heard yet? Live shows?

I was asking in a sort of "what else matters with upcoming releases like these?" Although yeah, I'd love more suggestions based on those. Those are p much the only things in 2012 I'm still looking forward to except a few hip-hop records

Alucrid

Banned
dark sky promiscuous girl
ducksauce barbara striesand
primary 1 princess
data rapture
stardust music sounds better with you
melt - dont leave me this way / mama lied
??? - ???

so if you can tell me what record this is and send me five dollars through paypal i'll send you the records above. cont us only sorry euro bros

YHYaal.jpg

cacophony

this is why I don't even pay attention to all these sub genres. I've never really considered this new 'trap' stuff (TNGHT, Baauer) actual 'trap'.. not sure exactly what I'd call it.

But I just listen to shit and if I like it I like it, it doesn't have to follow certain guidelines

injurai

Banned

MusicBee - accept no substitutes

Top Bottom