• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

HiResDes

u6rZ9.jpg

lush

The Fatima Al Qadiri is really good, I really like "War Games". She's an interesting producer and a good fit for Fade To Mind.

Jamie Grind Mix for Cameo on BBC Radio 1xtra
Shorty - Moesh
Azealia Banks - 1991
Audiojack - Stay Glued (FCL Weemix) (feat. Kevin Knapp)
Sophie - Nothing More To Say
2nd Sun - Bespoked
Timbah - Cuckoo Clock
Breen - Clash Digital
Roll Deep - Morgue
Jamie Grind - A Night In Detroit
DJ Q - Girl VIP
Akira Kiteshi - Transmission
Jamie Grind - Bad Attitude (And You Know It)
Rude Kid - Get Busy (Jamie Grind Remix) (feat. Skepta)
ViLL_GE - Dive
Bounce Camp - Show Me Love

Rudimental - Not Giving In (Huxley remix)
Panama - Magic (Original Mix) // loving the freebies from Future Classic
Timmy P - What You Sayin' (Chesus' Oh! Remix)

Bicep picked 5 tracks they were digging for XLR8R's High Five

That Stanton Warriors one is nice.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
As the electric situation on the Island has been pretty fucked the past few days (not as bad as the gas situation though!), I've been listening to this mix from Ron Morelli of the Long Island Electrical Systems label. Beatmatching is terribad but some of the tracks are pretty good, especially for those fans of deep, Berghain-ish techno. Hard to believe a label like this comes out of the Island of all places, since our EDM claim to fame is Razor N Guido.

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/podcast/talking-shopcast-with-long-island-electrical-systems-l-i-e-s/

01. Stinky Steve & Ron, “Intro”
02. Jahilyya Fields, “White Cabbage” [L.I.E.S.*]
03. Svengalisghost, “Mars Out of Range” [L.I.E.S.]
04. some Chain Reaction record
05. some record by a guy from Chicago
06. Tevo Howard, “Arena” [Tevo Howard Recordings]
07. Bigod 20, “Body to Body (An Afternoon Of Aggression)”
[Techno Drome International]
08. some beat track
09. Kevin Reynolds, “Liaisons” [Nsyde Music]
10. some Jersey shit
11. Marcus Mixx, “Do You Love Me” [super nasty bootleg version]
12. Circuit, “Release The Tension” (tape version) [4th & Broadway]
13. Hammon Decks, “Disgo” [Running Back]
14. some Baltimore tape version shit
15. some deep New York house shit
16. some remix of some stuff from a couple years ago
* denotes tracks that, as of the time of publishing, are unreleased

andylsun

Does anyone have the DJ Shadow box set? The one with 8 CD's and the Glasgow 2012 DVD?

I'd like to know more info about the DVD - was it from the Shadowsphere tour and is it a complete recording of the whole show. Saw the show 3 times, and would love a copy, but not if the box set is the only way to get it.

Edit: Ah, I see it's not shipping until 12th November. Will ask again then

bowery

man that perseus id mix still bangs.....so many plays...as well as the breakbot lazy sunday one.....quality stuff right there folks

edit: actually ive been going through a lot of these id mixes, and fuck...so many of them are great

gdt

Had no internet for a week, was driving me insane. Lots to catch up....but HOT DAMN at Talk Torque. Scuba is the best dude around for me.

okno

Had no internet for a week, was driving me insane. Lots to catch up....but HOT DAMN at Talk Torque. Scuba is the best dude around for me.

Great track, but I don't see it having ANY staying power. Still, it's totally hitting the spot for me right now.

Also, new Andy Stott is glorious in every sense of the word. Complete stunner of an album, although I have major issues with the title track, "Luxury Problems." The way he has that random interlude spring up once in a while is incredibly irritating and leaves the song feeling very unsatisfying, which is unfortunate because it has a killer groove.

Other things hitting the spot:
Matthew Styles - Montana
Maxime & Remain - Ghoulish (Sasse Remix)
Leeon - The Outsider (Conforce Remix)
MMM Meets Tsethsha Boys
Groove Armada - Love Sweet Sound (Greg Wilson Edit)
Skai & Chris Minus - High As a Mountain (Mosca Remix)
Marcel Fengler - 6 In A Row
Nyra - Configure 8 (Tobias. Remix)
Midland - Bring Joy (2012 Refix)
edit: forgot one - Benjamin Brunn - No Kicks (XDB Refix)

okno

You would think after all these years of doing nothing but disco edits he would either get completely bored with it or lose touch, but he's showing no signs of either happening anytime soon. Suuuuuuuch a great edit. He did a whole EP of edits for them, but that's definitely the standout.

Shaneus

Ah, well he did have a... what... 20 year break or something?

He actually perfectly described his reason for the edit he felt obliged to do of LNTG's One Night in a Disco. I'll see if I can find it and will post it here, because it basically explains the reason why he does *every* edit.

Edit (bahahaha): Found it. Such a great read. (goes into his whole history with LNTG/HMC). Fun fact: DJ HMC (his moniker before LNTG) stands for House Master Cam. Tehehe.

Re-edit (lol): Some tracks that you might dig after some brief surfing:
Grand Master Duff (The Message re-edit) (free download!)
Nitro Deluxe - Let's Get Brutal

...and thanks to Youtube recommendations:
Joe Smooth - Promised Land (could do with a re-edit and to be slowed down a TONNE, but I can hear potential there)

okno

Ah, well he did have a... what... 20 year break or something?

He actually perfectly described his reason for the edit he felt obliged to do of LNTG's One Night in a Disco. I'll see if I can find it and will post it here, because it basically explains the reason why he does *every* edit.

Edit (bahahaha): Found it. Such a great read. (goes into his whole history with LNTG/HMC). Fun fact: DJ HMC (his moniker before LNTG) stands for House Master Cam. Tehehe.

Re-edit (lol): Some tracks that you might dig after some brief surfing:
Grand Master Duff (The Message re-edit) (free download!)
Nitro Deluxe - Let's Get Brutal

...and thanks to Youtube recommendations:
Joe Smooth - Promised Land (could do with a re-edit and to be slowed down a TONNE, but I can hear potential there)

Really cool read, thanks! I love his blog, he's such a rad dude.

edit: just saw your edit (on edits)! Rad! Free music! That's awesome that Duff is just going to give all his future edits away, but I'll make sure to throw him a few bucks.

Shaneus

Really cool read, thanks! I love his blog, he's such a rad dude.
That's what I love about it. To paraphrase, what I enjoy about it is that it's not a DJ blog, it's that it's a blog by a guy who DJs. So it's very much about the culture and backstory and personal experiences, not just about music. I've been lost on his blog on more than one occasion, opening one article then about five or six tabs with songs on YouTube that I need to listen to (plus documentaries etc.). I want to absorb as much knowledge as I can from him, but fuck, I think I'll explode before that happens.

Edit: Something new (at least, not mentioned on here): Jacques Lu Cont Essential Mix, July 2012
Haven't listened to yet, hope it's good.

Edit #2: Fixed link.

cacophony

Due to copyright reasons this content is available for people located in Australia only. If you are not located in Australia, you are not authorised to view this video.

:((

Shaneus

Due to copyright reasons this content is available for people located in Australia only. If you are not located in Australia, you are not authorised to view this video.

:((
You're not missing much. It's like all that other random, wacky, thrown together stuff that's posted in this thread. Just play five different songs from five different genres at exactly the same time, and make sure neither their tempo nor keys are matched.

;)

daviyoung

Banned
You're not missing much. It's like all that other random, wacky, thrown together stuff that's posted in this thread. Just play five different songs from five different genres at exactly the same time, and make sure neither their tempo nor keys are matched.

;)

lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This sounds very, very familiar, but it's been so long since I was into the scene I can't remember what it is that it's reminding me of... I'll come back here and share a nice recommendation for the lovers if I can remember.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is driving me bonkers. It seriously sounds so familiar... has he gone by other names before? how long has be been on the scene?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
First timer in this thread but have been an EDM fan for a long time now. I've been catching up on podcasts after Hurricane Sandy and came across this gem on TATW: Estiva feat. Josie - Cliche

In other news I am seeing Eric Prydz on the 24th in NYC and I am hyped!! Saw him at IDentity this past summer and he was mind blowing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
First timer in this thread but have been an EDM fan for a long time now. I've been catching up on podcasts after Hurricane Sandy and came across this gem on TATW: Estiva feat. Josie - Cliche

In other news I am seeing Eric Prydz on the 24th in NYC and I am hyped!! Saw him at IDentity this past summer and he was mind blowing.

I'll be there the 24th!!! I can't wait, I'm a huuuuuuge Prydz fanboy ever since hearing his remix of Oliver Lieb's "Metropolis" back in the day, and this will be my first time seeing him play!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be there the 24th!!! I can't wait, I'm a huuuuuuge Prydz fanboy ever since hearing his remix of Oliver Lieb's "Metropolis" back in the day, and this will be my first time seeing him play!

Awesome! Yeah dude seriously, I cannot wait. He's easily my favorite DJ and I have been waiting years for him to come to the US to perform and he finally makes TWO trips this year. I can't wait to hear him drop Every Day live.

lush

Bok Bok Mix for B.Traits(BBC Radio 1) (Download)

Squarehead - Elevation
Luca C & Brigante ft Roisin Murphy - Flash Of Light - Southern Fried
Teeth - Shawty - 502
Zero G - Stamina - High Culture
Hadean - Dat Ass!
Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar (Armand Van Helden’s Speed Garage Mix)
Clarity - Cold Blank
Xtrah - Soundclash - Critical
Zero T - Rainah (feat. Stamina Mc)
Pennygiles - Au Revoir Blackbird - Good Looking Records
Bert on Beats - Modern Vampire
The Boogaloo Crew - Neon
TAIKI & NULIGHT - Footwerk
French Fries - Space Alarm - dirtybird
Tenchu & Daffy - Milky Way
Neil Davidge - Green & Blue (Koan Sound Remix)
Druid Cloak - Living Seed
Kastle - Stay Forever
Bok Bok - Silo Pass - Night Slugs
L-Vis 1990 - Ballad 4D - Night Slugs
Jam City - The Courts - Night Slugs
Fiedel - Bonus Beats
P Jam - P Cut - Night Slugs
Girl Unit & Cecile - Club Cecile
J.A.M. - Night Writing
Lee Foss - Electricity - Hot Creations
Solange - Losing You - Terrible Records
Hot Natured & Ali Love - Benediction - Hot Creations