• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

lush

IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS VIDEO YOU ARE JUST NOT IN THE REALM. WHY ARE YOU EVEN WATCHING THIS REBECCA MINK? YOU ARE PROBABLY THE TYPE OF WHITE PERSON THAT WEARS TRIBAL PATTERNS, FOXTAILS AND STILL LISTENS TO ANIMAL COLLECTIVE. DECOLONIZE YOURSELF BITCH AND HAVE FUN.

edit: I fuck with chippy.

injurai

Banned
IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS VIDEO YOU ARE JUST NOT IN THE REALM. WHY ARE YOU EVEN WATCHING THIS REBECCA MINK? YOU ARE PROBABLY THE TYPE OF WHITE PERSON THAT WEARS TRIBAL PATTERNS, FOXTAILS AND STILL LISTENS TO ANIMAL COLLECTIVE. DECOLONIZE YOURSELF BITCH AND HAVE FUN.

edit: I fuck with chippy.

stay-down.gif

Dreaver

Sorry, I totally missed these two posts!
Yeah he plays clubs and festivals. Not that there is any difference between a club and a concert to me.

Dreaver, dont buy brand new its not really worth it IMO.
My mix track was like £80 (100 odd euro?) second hand and the only thing wrogn was the box was abit beat up lol.
Just scan Ebay for a few days/weeks and grab a bargain!
Hell even getting it on the Uk Ebay postage wouldnt be that bad.

Yeah I'll look into that for sure, thanks.
dont quite know what you mean, but of course you plug in headphones to the front and speakers/AV system in the back for playback. I use it at home or when DJ'ing at smaller clubs all the time.
I apologize if I stated it a bit confusing, but yeah that's what I meant. Someone told me it isn't the case with all digital controllers. I'm probably going for the Behringer BCD3000, I found it for €130 somewhere, unless I can find the Numark one cheap somewhere.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Started listening some years back when I came across DJ Splash. That eventually lead to the discovery of beatport later on and purchasing several charts that spanned from AjunaBeats to Perfecto. I do listen to a variety of artists including people like Paul Oakenfold to the talented Alchemix.

I got really into ASOT a while back till now (I really want to attend 600 but I can't) and I'm loving the variety of trance/uplifting/progressive provided. Gogo Armin.

Looking to expand my tastes a bit further as I've been mostly listening to various forms of Trance these days, any suggestions on what I should try next? I'm particularly fond of well done fast-paced energetic mixes or ones that combine instruments/medleys similar to the recent "Musa" by Andrew Rayel if it helps any but I'm open to anything new from fast to slow.

For some trance a bit off the Anjuna/Armada/Perfecto spectrum, check out Solar Fields - Earthshine and Solar Fields - Random Friday

thabiz

Hahah. How was the new AC album, I have it in my check these out .txt file still.

AC sucks balllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllls

Servbot24

Banned
Hahah. How was the new AC album? I have it in my check these out .txt file still.

Pretty good, but it lacked any breakout tracks that the last few albums have had so most people saw it as a disappointment. Fun record though. It has the usual Avey that some people find obnoxious and the usual Panda that some people find vapid, but to me that's always been a really cool combination.

miksushag

Pretty good, but it lacked any breakout tracks that the last few albums have had so most people saw it as a disappointment. Fun record though. It has the usual Avey that some people find obnoxious and the usual Panda that some people find vapid, but to me that's always been a really cool combination.

We are way offtopic but anyways. I've always thought that Panda was the most talented of the group, his soloalbums are crazy good imo.

Servbot24

Banned
We are way offtopic but anyways. I've always thought that Panda was the most talented of the group, his soloalbums are crazy good imo.

Person Pitch is a classic and Tomboy is a turd. A soulless, pandering, inexcusable turd that represents so very much wrong with music today.

Hehe and I guess they're electronic music after all, weirder than most of the stuff in this thread. :p (but yes they are off topic)

So what did y'all think of the new Haxan Cloak? (I thought it was boring)

miksushag

Person Pitch is a classic and Tomboy is a turd. A soulless, pandering, inexcusable turd that represents so very much wrong with music today.

Hehe and I guess they're electronic music after all, weirder than most of the stuff in this thread. :p (but yes they are off topic)

So what did y'all think of the new Haxan Cloak? (I thought it was boring)

Kinda liked Tomboy, not as good as Person Pitch but overall better than average. Actress Remix of 'Surfer's Hymn' is impeccable though.
I thought the tune 'The Mirror Reflecting (part 2) was immersive, can't wait to hear the full album. Have to give the guy credit considering that his stuff is 100% sampled, or so I've heard.

okno

Managed to snag a copy of Herbert's '100lbs' WITH bonus CD for only $12 today. The regular album goes for that much :rock

<3 me some Herbert.

gdt

James Blake, and Mount Kimbie/Holy Other are hitting Philly in May. Bring. It. ON.

Also new HNNY, his last (first?) EP was a monster for me.

Yearning

thabiz

Managed to snag a copy of Herbert's '100lbs' WITH bonus CD for only $12 today. The regular album goes for that much :rock

<3 me some Herbert.

okno you need to go see dan bell this weekend. hes playing at output.

i would give my left nut to see him again.

Top Bottom