• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

daviyoung

Banned
Is it the melody that's the same? Because I don't think I can pick it... which is weird, because I'm normally pretty good with that stuff.

Fun (probably well known) fact: OT Quartet was one of the many aliases of Rollo (of Faithless fame, and brother of Dido). He also produced under Felix (Don't You Want Me) and... um... a few others.

Another fun fact: Rex the Dog used to be JX (You Belong to Me, Son of a Gun). Also (as Rex) did a kickarse remix of Heartbeats by The Knife.

yeh man, the main melody's identical...not the stabs or the bassline, at least it is to my ears

Rollo was on top of his game in the 90s, same as Red Jerry of Hooj Choons fame. That Rex the Dog remix is killer!

Fun (probably well known) fact #2: Rollo is Dido's brother

Shaneus

yeh man, the main melody's identical...not the stabs or the bassline, at least it is to my ears

Rollo was on top of his game in the 90s, same as Red Jerry of Hooj Choons fame. That Rex the Dog remix is killer!

Fun (probably well known) fact #2: Rollo is Dido's brother
Yeah, I mentioned that ;) Glad to see someone else know their stuff about some of those 90s UK labels.

Something I'm sure you'll appreciate: Hooj man
A friend frequently mentions (when we have similar discussions) that this one is his favourite:
GPz0lwT.gif

Jack Prongo - Movin' Through Your System
I want to get it on a t-shirt for him. Probably just white-on-black, but at least it would be unique!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Here under the direction from Johnlenham in the fake Daft Punk thread. I enjoy the Daft Punk brand of music and would like to get some recommendations from you good folks on what I should also be tuning into.

Let me preface this request by saying I'm not too much into the style of dubstep. I know plenty of people like it but the style is just not something I'm into. I don't know what the genre of electronic music I'm into but to give insight I'll give some of the artists in my spotify playlist. These are mostly the songs I can remember from my club days 15 years ago.

Gaia
Atb
Tiesto
Oakenfold
Darude
Dash Berlin

Let me know of a few newer artists I should be listening to please.

Thanks!

Disclaimer: This started out as a simple list of recommended artists and then I kinda sorta got carried away as you can plainly see...

Late to the party here, but yeah like thabiz said it looks like you're a fan of trance. A lot of those guys you mentioned are still kicking around, creating great music (Dash Berlin and ATB are two of my favorites). Tiesto has more or less abandoned his trance roots though. Here are some other artists I like along with some of their tracks. Keep in mind trance today is a little...let's say harder than it might have been 15 years ago. I'm posting mainly the radio edits of these songs for ease of previewing, but the extended cuts are almost always the better version of the song.

Above & Beyond
Alchemy. This song is magical.
On A Good Day (Oceanlab is one of Above & Beyond's aliases)
Sun And Moon
Love Is Not Enough
Thing Called Love
Black Room Boy
You know what, just listen to their entire Group Therapy album. Every song on that album is fantastic.

Deadmau5
The Veldt. My personal song of 2012, although I highly recommend the uncut 8-minute version. I also recommend reading the short story by Ray Bradbury on which the song is based.
There Might Be Coffee
Strobe. This is pretty much mandatory listening if you're a trance fan.
I Remember. Another all-time classic, this time a collaboration with Kaskade.
Raise Your Weapon

Kaskade
4 AM
Angel On My Shoulder
Eyes
Llove. No, that is not a spelling error.
His entire Fire & Ice album is pretty solid.

Gareth Emery
Concrete Angel
Sanctuary
Tokyo. This track is...not exactly trance. I'm not sure what it is really, but it's incredible.
The Saga
DUI. Stands for "Dancing Under the Influence."
Oceanlab - Lonely Girl (Gareth Emery Remix)

Armin van Buuren
J'ai Envie De Toi
This Is What It Feels Like
In And Out Of Love. This is a trance classic.
Armin has way more tracks than I can realistically list, pretty much all of them good.

Markus Schulz
Nothing Without Me
Love Rain Down
The New World

Dash Berlin
Apollo Road. The epitome of Dash Berlin and ATB's music careers, and one of my all-time favorite trance songs. Hearing this at EDC Vegas under the open night sky with thousands of other ravers around and fireworks going off overhead is one of the most memorable moments of my life.
Disarm Yourself
Waiting
Better Half Of Me. Ignore the extremely cheesy video. The actual song starts at around 2:17 into the video.
Man On The Run

Orjan Nilsen
Nocturnal. I could listen to this song for days.
Amsterdam. This track is basically played at every trance festival.
So Long Radio

Arty
Mozart. Eminently danceable song with a fun video to boot.
Must Be The Love
Kate. I played the crap out of this song in 2012. This song straddles the line between trance and progressive house. Some people call this genre "trouse."

W&W
Lift Off
Summer
Shotgun

Other
Djuma Soundsystem - Les Djinns (Trentemoller Remix). Not technically trance but one of my all-time favorite tracks. I don't think I've heard any electronic song that incorporates the qanun, which gives it an ethereal Oriental feel.
Signalrunners - Meet Me In Montauk
BT - Skylarking. This is one of my current favorites.
Tritonal Vs. Super 8 & Tab - Arc
ATB - Marrakech
Mike Foyle vs Signalrunners - Love Theme Dusk (Mike's Broken Record Mix). Hauntingly beautiful piano breakdown starts at around 2:45. Amazing chillout track.
Ashley Wallbridge - Zorro. Despite the name, Ashley is actually a dude.
Andain - Promises (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Mix)

OLBwlDo.gif

Rock on bitches.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Also for those who missed it, Eric Prydz' Ultra 2013 set. This shit is rocking.

01. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix) 
02. Cirez D - Knockout (EPIC Mix) 
03. Mark Broom - Satellite (Eric Prydz Private Re-Edit) 
04. Pryda - Power Drive  
05. Pryda- ID 
06. New Order - Blue Monday (Eric Prydz Remix) 
07. Cirez D - ID 
08. Faithless - Not Going Home (Eric Prydz Remix) 
09. M83 - Midnight City (Eric Prydz Very Private Mix) 
10. Eric Prydz - 2night 
11. Pryda - Allein

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
couldn't give a shit tbh

hi-five

I also get a good chuckle from these periodic Daft Punk threads where people are like, "oh shit, disco is back" but uh that whole sound never went away (it's been heard in way, way better incarnations than DP, natch) and it's kinda sad that they rely on one specific performer to bring it their attention again... Same with all the Timberlake posts lately exclaiming how pop is inexplicably good or relevant once again. Urgh.

ANYWAY.

New Emptyset score for their installation at the Tate Modern makes me happy. Emptyset always does.

Trawsfynydd Nuclear Power Station - Snowdonia, Wales

These two Violetshaped offshoot albums are really hitting the spot, too.

Violet Poison - Voices From the Hell

Shapednoise - The Day of Revenge

If their next set of remixes is anywhere as good as the first, these guys are pretty much going to own this year for me.

thabiz

EPM Podcast #42 | Alter Ego presents DJ Dex
Fela Kuti & Afrika 70 ‘Zombie’ Celluloid
Los Hermanos ‘Freedom’ Underground Resistance *
Nomadico ‘In Your Blood’ Underground Resistance *
The Advent ‘Disco Diva’ H Productions
Carl Taylor ‘Good Vibrations’ EPM Music *
Loud Neighbor ‘New Hope’ (Remute Remix) True Type Tracks
Silent Servant ‘The Strange Attractor’ Hospital Productions
James Ruskin & Mark Broom ‘Black Lines’ Blueprint *
Mike Huckaby ‘Basement Trax’ Tresor
Deception Plan ‘Plan 0 Maskirovka’ Construct Reform
Claude Young ‘Impolite to Refuse’ (Ican Remake) Ican Productions *
Acid Mondays ‘Svenkins’ (DJ Sneak BBQ Beats Mix) Circus Recordings
Paperclip People ‘Jerry Lewis On Acid’ (Mayday Mix) Planet E
Bobby Champs ‘Brooklyn Bomb’ Hypercolour
DJ Dex ‘Guanaco’ Ican Productions *
Juan Atkins ‘Marz’ Scion A/V
John Tejada & Josh Humphrey ‘Unanimous Arc’ Palette Recordings
Nautiluss ‘Zero Gravity’ 3024
Timeline ‘Save The Blue Bird’ Underground Resistance *
Chymera ‘An Island in Space’ (Orlando Voorn remix) Connaisseur Recordings
El Coyote ‘Santisimo’ Ican Productions *
Floorplan ‘Confess’ M-Plant *
Santiago Salazar ‘Carmalized Biotics’ Finale Sessions
D-Knox ‘Think and Grow Rich’ Logos Recordings
Steve Rachmad ‘Astronotes’ (Christian Smith Remix) 100% Pure
Vince Watson ‘When Souls Collide’ EverySoul *

Gayle San Dec 2012 Live Mix

NigelRichards.TechnoNation.3.1.13
Maria Goetz - Pseudomorph (Angel Alanis Remix) - [611 future release 611D053]
Matthew Dear - Fighting is Futile (Kink Extended Dub)
Mark NRG - Several Options - [611 future release 611D054]
Minilogue - Clouds and Water (RRose Remix)
Volta Cab - This Time Feat. Kuss (RAW MIx)
Redshape - It's Rain
Tim Xavier and G Tech - Space Jockey
Ian Pooley - CompuRhythm (Baikal Remix)
Mark NRG - Happy 2013 - [611 future release 611D054]
Little Helpers - Little Helper 62-4
Puncher - Through All Planet (Original Mix)

Gene Hoffmann - Let Me Slip Into Something More Comfortable
Orphx - Stillpoint - Sonic Groove
Vatican Shadow - Harbingers Of Things To Come - Hospital Productions
Function - Gradient I - Ostgut Ton
Orphx - Apparition - Sonic Groove
Terence Fixmer & Claudio PRC - Lunar Forest (Original Mix) - Prologue
Skirt - Tumulto (Shifted Remix Part Two) - Semantica
Skirt - Beatless Collision - Horizontal Ground
Function - Burn (Original Mix) - Sandwell District
Speedy J - Trails (Edit Select Tool 01) - Electric Deluxe
Audio Injection - Darker (Shifted Rework) - Prosthetic Pressings
Attemporal & Ness - Undefined Time Lapse (Original Mix) - Synewave
Matmos - You (Rrose Mix) - Thrill Jockey
NX1 - DR (Paul Boex remix) - Dynamic Reflection
Trevino - Doldrums (Original Mix) - Klockworks
Inigo Kennedy - Cathedral - Token
Terence Fixmer - Psychose - CLR
Logotech & Unbalance - Bohemian Grove (Giorgio Gigli remix) - Gynoid Audio
Attemporal - Att2 (Ness Remix) - Att
Conforce - Nomad - Delsin
Fabrizio Lapiana - Signals (Edit-Select remix) - Attic Music
Rodhad - Hope - Dystopian
Lex Gorrie - Drug Raid (Audio Injection Remix) - Driving Forces
Mutate - Circle 2 (Plankton Remix) - Blank Code
Alien Rain - Alienated 2A - Alien Rain
Enclave - Patsea (Ground Loop Remix) - Translucent
Radial - Caveman - Audio Assault
Magnus - Act Two (Original Mix) - Magnus
Audio Injection - Dimmer - Prosthetic Pressings
Bas Mooy - Dolls - Planet Rhythm
Clouds - Consciousness – Turbo
Shifted – Yearning – Mote Evolver
Joe Cocherell - Commerce Above All Else - Frozen Border
Alien Rain - Alienated 2B - Alien Rain
Deepbass & Ness - Flight 103 - Dynamic Reflection
Dino Sabatini & Giorgio Gigli - Proteus - Outis Music
Dadub - Life (Rrose Remix) -Stroboscopic Artefacts
Svreca - Jade (Orphx Remix) - Semantica Records
Sandwell District - Immolare (First) - Sandwell District
Dino Sabatini - Scylla - Prologue
Milton Bradley - Far Beyond the Quiet - Do Not Resist The Beat!
Shed - I Come By Night - 50 Weapons
Trevino - Forged - Klockworks
Function - Gradient Intro - Ostgut Ton
Mondkopf - 33,000 Bells - Perc Trax

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
after DP chased the money and turned their backs on the underground, i was done with them.

You deserve to be run-over by an Interstellar 5555.

Da Funk and the first album is classic, but Discovery is FLAWLESS.

Edit: Speaking of Da Funk, a cool Ascii.Disko rework of it is here - Da Assi Funk (Live Edit):

sw3kczq.jpg

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/berlin-insane-iv-deluxe-edition/id282455973

... the whole album is worth checking out, great stuff especially if anyone here remembers the days of Nag Nag Nag & Ghetto in London. Lots of those people, and what drove that sound, involved. And literally EVERYTHING by Ascii.Disko is worth checking out, the man's a genius. Start with the first album, Immer / Einfach / Strassen / Ne Travaillez Jamais / Jack Your Body To The Beat ...

zU7tPt7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b0kECcTgGo

Shaneus

hi-five

I also get a good chuckle from these periodic Daft Punk threads where people are like, "oh shit, disco is back" but uh that whole sound never went away (it's been heard in way, way better incarnations than DP, natch) and it's kinda sad that they rely on one specific performer to bring it their attention again... Same with all the Timberlake posts lately exclaiming how pop is inexplicably good or relevant once again. Urgh.
Same. I mean, I like the loop that's been launched or whatever and I can hear potential with it, but as far as re-editing and goes, a LOT has happened since DP launched their last full album. So while on it's own that loop may sound nuts, I just don't think there's the room for them to be as left-field with house and disco as they think they have been in the past.

But watch out, though. I fully expect producers like Greg Wilson and LNTG to get mainstream-massive if Daft Punk wind up doing something similar to Discovery but with a more disco vibe (like their SNL ad). This could be a great thing, being able to walk into a random club and be more likely to hear housey-house than electro-house.

You deserve to be run-over by an Interstellar 5555.

Da Funk and the first album is classic, but Discovery is FLAWLESS.

Edit: Speaking of Da Funk, a cool Ascii.Disko rework of it is here - Da Assi Funk (Live Edit):

http://i.imgur.com/sw3kczq.jpg[IMG]

[url]https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/berlin-insane-iv-deluxe-edition/id282455973[/url]

... the whole album is worth checking out, great stuff especially if anyone here remembers the days of Nag Nag Nag & Ghetto in London. Lots of those people, and what drove that sound, involved. And literally EVERYTHING by Ascii.Disko is worth checking out, the man's a genius. Start with the first album, Immer / Einfach / Strassen / Ne Travaillez Jamais / Jack Your Body To The Beat ...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zU7tPt7.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b0kECcTgGo[/url][/QUOTE]
Man, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i12jddd7ak]I knew I knew the name "Ascii Disko" from somewhere![/url] (apologies for the horrible quality link, I'm surprised it was on YT at all, tbh)
([url=http://www.beatport.com/track/i-go-hard-i-go-home-ascii-disko-remix/208640]beatport link[/url])

PS. Right on about Discovery. Was flawless IMO. Different to their older stuff for sure, but it turned me from liking DP into *loving* them. Wasn't as much of a fan of their later stuff, though :/

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Man, I knew I knew the name "Ascii Disko" from somewhere! (apologies for the horrible quality link, I'm surprised it was on YT at all, tbh)
(beatport link)

PS. Right on about Discovery. Was flawless IMO. Different to their older stuff for sure, but it turned me from liking DP into *loving* them. Wasn't as much of a fan of their later stuff, though :/

Good find! Ascii.Disko remixes are always interesting, same with 80kidz. That Presets one is really good.

Regrding DP, I thought Human After All seemed rushed/unfinished. Things like Robot Rock were too simplistic, and other tracks needed remixing to bring the best out of them. All came together beautifully for the Alive 2007 Tour which mashed up nearly everything, but it's a weak link as far as a standalone album goes in my opinion.

Tron Legacy as soundtracks go is beautiful though, the end credits music I can listen to over and over again as well.

I have a feeling this next album will be pretty special with the Moroder touch and the amount of time it's been in the oven.

Shaneus

I have a feeling this next album will be pretty special with the Moroder touch and the amount of time it's been in the oven.
I think you might be right, but I also think that in the past, there really hasn't been any comparison for whatever Daft Punk album was released at that time. Now, from the sounds of it, there are a lot of people stepping up to the plate in terms of doing their own thing with classic disco and club tracks from the 70s and 80s, so DP will need to be 110% on their game so as to avoid any comparison, no matter how distant.

I hope they are, but I have a very slight, niggly feeling that they won't be as head-and-shoulders above everyone else as most people expect.

But the best thing to come out of it you KNOW will be a substantial swing from electronic-sounding dance music (if you know what I mean) back to funkier, sexier, more analogue house just like when stuff like Discovery (and Stardust, Modjo, Full Intention, Cassius, and all that sexy stuff) was king.

Can't fucking wait. Not that I don't like real deep, filthy, druggy sounds... but something lighter definitely needs to be on the menu for everyone. Get that dubstep/trap taste out of our ears once and for all ;)

Nuffin on those EMs I posted on the last page, muffin?

I'd also like to make this suggestion if I may. One of my favourite ever mix CDs:
nc7BlCg.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So anyways, remember the New Years Eve mixes we were supposed to do? I slacked off a while but finally finished it. It's an 8 hour whopper... it goes from downtempo -> nu-disco -> deep house -> tech/prog house -> big-room EDM. Yeah some cheese on this mix... I was playing at a house party thrown by GAFfer "GameplayWhore" and nobody there really knew anything about dance music. I got at least a few people ass-shaking to "Au Seve" by the end of it :p

Download
Link to the mix

Tracklist
David Bickley - The Leap
Groundislava - Cool Party
Yunx - Thinking About Your Next Move
Thievery Corporation - Lebanese Blonde
Tom Middleton - St. Ives Bay
Tiesto - Battleship Grey
Sounds From The Ground - Whispers
Four Tet - Love Cry
Tim Hecker - In The Air I
Burial - Dog Shelter
Ulrich Schnauss - Monday - Paracetamol
The Album Leaf - Vermillion
Madi Diaz - Trust Fall (Jensen Sportag Remix)
Bjorn Torske - Low Bar
Rene Breitbarth - Gertie's Flowers
The Revenge feat. Danielle Moore - Just Be Good To Me
Chordashian - Sea Crest (Sportloto Remix)
Tiger and Woods - Gin Nation
Drop Out Orchestra - Sun Machine
No Regular Play - Won't Quit
Tiger and Woods - Love In Cambodiga
John Talabot - When The Past Was Present (Pachanga Boys Mix)
Mock and Toof - Norman's Eyes (Massimiliano Pagliara Remix)
Name In Lights - Eld and Lagor
Holy Ghost - Hold My Breath (Tiger and Woods Mix)
Wagon Cookin feat. Gabriela Smith - Playground
Autodeep - For Too Long (Toomy Disco Mix)
Tensnake - Coma Cat
Crazy P pres. The Syndromes - The Hit
Tiger and Woods - Dr. Burner
Justice - Helix
Jupiter - Sake
P'taah feat. Tiombe Lockhart - Fade Away (Silver City Space Mix)
Beckwith - Craymal
Wildkats and Tboy - Be An Example (Balcazar & Sordo Remix)
Maceo Plex - Can't Leave You
Gavin Herlihy - Endless Feeling
Alex Niggemann - Lately
Maya Jane Coles - What They Say
Laura Jones - Love In Me (Maceo Plex Mix)
Todd Terje - Inspector Norse
Sneaky Sound System - Really Want To See You Again (Funkagenda Mix)
Lee Foss - Cabin Party
Andres Aguirre - Clouds (Roland Nights Remix)
Kirk DeGiorgio and Esoterik - Starwaves (Jimpster Mix)
Milton Jackson - Crash (Lovebirds Mix)
Scope - Strung Out (2009 Mix)
Sultan and Ned Shepard - Block Party
Steffi - Yours
Julio Bashmore - Au Seve
Shur-i-kan - Future Fantasy
Omar S and Ob Ignitt - Wayne County Hill Cop's
Mark Knight - Alright
Friendly Fires - Live Those Days Tonight (Tim Green Main Mix)
Falko Brocksieper - Wherever You Are
Phonogenic - The Last Beer On Earth
Patrick Zigon - Ljubica
Kaskade - 4AM (Adam K and Soha Mix)
Patrick Turner and Chris J - Machine Life
Satoshi Tomiie - Glow (Spirit Catcher Mix)
Jaytech - Djembe
Eric Prydz pres. Pryda - Every Day
Pink Fluid feat. Mr. V - We Rock The World
Fedde Le Grand - Autosave
Hilary Duff - With Love (Richard Vission vs. Dave Aude Club Mix)
Eric Prydz pres. Pryda - Pjanoo
Ansol and Dyro - Top Of The World
Swedish House Mafia - Save The World
Zedd - The Legend Of Zelda
Mord Fustang - Windwaker
Tommy Trash - Truffle Pig
Tiesto and Swanky Tunes feat. Ben McInerney - Make Some Noise
Florence and the Machine - You've Got The Love (Mark Knight Remix)
Avicii feat. Lenny Kravitz - Superlove
Avicii - Levels
Kaskade - Angel On My Shoulder (EDX Belo Horizonte At Night Mix)
Cazzette - Beam Me Up (Kill Mode)
Lucky Date and Zedd feat. Ellie Goulding - Fall Into The Sky
Morgan Page, Dabruck and Klein - Liaison
Chicane - Come Tomorrow (Soul Seekerz Dirty Dub)
Timmy and Tommy - Massive Passive
Dave Armstrong and Redroche - Love Has Gone (Fonzerelli Remix)
Nicky Romero - Toulouse
Eric Prydz pres. Pryda - Personal Jesus
Tiesto - Maximal Crazy

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sets from Ultra day 2 if anyone is interested, originally posted on the tranceaddict forum. Unfortunately they only have 15 minutes of Cirez D, but they do seem to have the full Carl Cox set.

DAY 2

Adrian Lux
256Kbps / 29min.
http://download.hellshare.com/adria...r-mp3/12351422/
http://www.ulozto.net/xssAnrD/adria...3-razorator-mp3
http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/23191250/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/4903FD69629F7777
http://hu.lk/fhvy7pih1reo

12th Planet
256Kbps / 57min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/12th-...r-mp3/12351478/
http://www.ulozto.net/xbx9qsK/12th-...3-razorator-mp3
http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/22146412/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/E3F112BD84DFDCCA
http://hu.lk/vh14wewvrdhc

Adventure Club
256Kbps / 48min.
http://download.hellshare.com/adven...r-mp3/12351564/
http://www.ulozto.net/x5K9qsK/adven...3-razorator-mp3
http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/96186720/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/EA77266BD4424249
http://hu.lk/yvr9j74qzw8w

Andy C
256Kbps / 63min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/andy-...r-mp3/12351652/
http://www.ulozto.net/xXLG5V8/andy-...3-razorator-mp3
http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/81630867/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/CDE7C68AC1720900
http://hu.lk/po6tswa0axvk

Bro Safari
256Kbps / 58min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/bro-s...r-mp3/12351656/
http://www.ulozto.net/xbmXAnE/bro-s...3-razorator-mp3
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/51812277/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/9BED5D5B858916D0
http://hu.lk/o97tcsvlvmdc

Calvin Harris
192Kbps / 49min.
http://download.hellshare.com/calvi...r-mp3/12351783/
http://www.ulozto.net/xeSyzwX/calvi...3-razorator-mp3
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/9229599/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/E5AAD5060FE043FE
http://hu.lk/wuqcsbkcoe80

Chuckie
192Kbps / 38min.
http://download.hellshare.com/chuck...r-mp3/12352213/
http://www.ulozto.net/xqGiMju/chuck...3-razorator-mp3
http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/31881520/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/644DF79DC87DC4D9
http://hu.lk/w4bx45wn80zk

Carnage
256Kbps / 56min.
http://download.hellshare.com/carna...r-mp3/12351812/
http://www.ulozto.net/xcTZqsK/carna...3-razorator-mp3
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/43337947/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/4D0B03D5BAE9E410
http://hu.lk/vn6hxxsulatc

Cedric Gervais
256Kbps / 53min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/cedri...r-mp3/12351865/
http://www.ulozto.net/xumN7zt/cedri...3-razorator-mp3
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/84775139/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/4886CD77F714C044
http://hu.lk/q1b0a5tuaj9c

Cirez D
256Kbps / 14min.
http://download.hellshare.com/cirez...r-mp3/12351852/
http://www.ulozto.net/xPx2gz7/cirez...3-razorator-mp3
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/3140458/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/560E7596B819525A
http://hu.lk/7z6mvwzrm6ww

Datsik
256Kbps / 51min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/datsi...r-mp3/12351923/
http://www.ulozto.net/xPSrzas/datsi...3-razorator-mp3
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/80751981/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/4A4DBAD18A126AB2
http://hu.lk/z4247nm8q874

Fatboy Slim
192Kbps / 50min.
http://download.hellshare.com/fatbo...r-mp3/12351966/
http://www.ulozto.net/xhHNEok/fatbo...3-razorator-mp3
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/15891206/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/9752166A89A5D862
http://hu.lk/eexxznincrnk

Green Latern
256Kbps / 52min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/green...r-mp3/12352027/
http://www.ulozto.net/xEnWMju/green...3-razorator-mp3
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/25368732/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/9EFB509EEDD0CFF4
http://hu.lk/w976wzwilb7k

Kill The Noise
256Kbps / 57min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/kill-...r-mp3/12352100/
http://www.ulozto.net/x6oN7zt/kill-...3-razorator-mp3
http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/93721352/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/55E5CC6BDC2A78A1
http://hu.lk/eqp6mgjh483k

Krewella (for the love of god don't download this...watching it on the live stream was one of the most painful things I've ever done)
192Kbps / 45min.
http://download.hellshare.com/krewe...r-mp3/12352108/
http://www.ulozto.net/xfLxhs2/krewe...3-razorator-mp3
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/57973817/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/B134AF00BA58A0B1
http://hu.lk/x4rskk5zklc0

Laidback Luke
256Kbps / 58min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/laidb...r-mp3/12352185/
http://www.ulozto.net/xphzNvA/laidb...3-razorator-mp3
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/5028471/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/413CDE7C8DCAC3DE
http://hu.lk/j883gw8ad81s

Sub Focus
256Kbps / 41min.
http://download.hellshare.com/sub-f...r-mp3/12352227/
http://www.ulozto.net/xXmFTdS/sub-f...3-razorator-mp3
http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/85707294/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/DD6B363D7AB795F5
http://hu.lk/uu6cg7kul1c0

Carl Cox
256Kbps / 119min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/carl-...r-mp3/12352358/
http://www.ulozto.net/x2hauxJ/carl-...3-razorator-mp3
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/32200260/file.html (Part 1)
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/87719143/file.html (Part 2)
http://www.putlocker.com/file/3371852496B52CFC
http://hu.lk/fn6yvg5y7uo0

David Guetta
192Kbps / 63min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/david...r-mp3/12352349/
http://www.ulozto.net/xtiqAnE/david...3-razorator-mp3
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/89539195/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/BD1BD6569149B2B3
http://hu.lk/uknu46h9id4w

Flux Pavilion vs. Doctor P
256Kbps / 42min.
http://download.hellshare.com/flux-...r-mp3/12352345/
http://www.ulozto.net/xNuJ5V8/flux-...3-razorator-mp3
http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/47708415/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/0BE40A285B8FBD5A
http://hu.lk/a75dipra78jk

Faithless DJ/Live PA Set
256Kbps / 56min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/faith...r-mp3/12352437/
http://www.ulozto.net/xjkg8cg/faith...3-razorator-mp3
http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/92509992/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/DAE17334796C2048
http://hu.lk/77or3x72zoqo

Deadmau5
256Kbps / 75min. (full set)
http://download.hellshare.com/deadm...r-mp3/12352393/
http://www.ulozto.net/xdU7uw1/deadm...3-razorator-mp3
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/86497255/file.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/648A16D10520BD48
http://hu.lk/xr5ymaw628lc

Shaneus

Essential Mixes. Lots and lots. Put old and new on there, as well as ones from artists that you normally wouldn't listen to (but obviously make sure they're "classics" or renowned for being good).

My picks, mostly for diversity and education:
Soulwax, 2005
Adam Freeland, 2003
Greg Wilson 2009
Silicone Soul 2005
Dimitri from Paris 2011

Obviously some stuff there you might not be into, but it's very much all quality. A good portion of it you probably wouldn't like no matter how much you listened to it, but if I had to trim the list, I'd say get the Adam Freeland and Silicone Soul ones. They're more likely to be appreciated by any dance music fan regardless of what they are into (unless you're a hardarse elitist), if that makes sense.

But go nuts. Maybe grab an old Daft Punk one from the 90s, or pretty much anyone else from that era. Audio quality be damned, it's the content you're listening for. But don't go for someone you'd normally listen to. I mean, where's the fun in that? ;)

Also, it's probably a good idea to look to the past if you're away from (new) music for a while because then you won't be tempted by what else is out there ("Fuck, got this track... I wonder what such-and-such remix is like?"). And listening to different EMs from different times will give you a good idea of how people program their sets and if they work or not. I'm pretty sure 99% of the guests they've had on would put more time into that than anything else, so that's where the best examples would be (as opposed to live sets in clubs, which would be good, but if you can avoid their bad habits/mistakes, you should).

Requoting because clearly my efforts weren't noticed on the last page. Or my constant reminders on this one :/

Requoting because clearly my efforts weren't noticed on the last page. Or my constant reminders on this one :/

Haha sorry I missed it on the last page somehow.
Yeah Ive been grabbing mixes from Bicep and a few others btu I didnt think about essential mixes. Good plan!

Shaneus

Haha sorry I missed it on the last page somehow.
Yeah Ive been grabbing mixes from Bicep and a few others btu I didnt think about essential mixes. Good plan!
Try at least one or two of the ones I posted, and maybe that JLC Fabriclive LP as well. Sure, you might enjoy a Bicep set, but will you learn and grow from it? Probably not, or at least, not as much as you think. Push dem boundaries!

Hell, even I listened to
the first twenty minutes of[/url] Rustie's EM :)

Disclaimer: This started out as a simple list of recommended artists and then I kinda sorta got carried away as you can plainly see...

Late to the party here, but yeah like thabiz said it looks like you're a fan of trance. A lot of those guys you mentioned are still kicking around, creating great music (Dash Berlin and ATB are two of my favorites). Tiesto has more or less abandoned his trance roots though. Here are some other artists I like along with some of their tracks. Keep in mind trance today is a little...let's say harder than it might have been 15 years ago. I'm posting mainly the radio edits of these songs for ease of previewing, but the extended cuts are almost always the better version of the song.

Above & Beyond
Alchemy. This song is magical.
On A Good Day (Oceanlab is one of Above & Beyond's aliases)
Sun And Moon
Love Is Not Enough
Thing Called Love
Black Room Boy
You know what, just listen to their entire Group Therapy album. Every song on that album is fantastic.

Deadmau5
The Veldt. My personal song of 2012, although I highly recommend the uncut 8-minute version. I also recommend reading the short story by Ray Bradbury on which the song is based.
There Might Be Coffee
Strobe. This is pretty much mandatory listening if you're a trance fan.
I Remember. Another all-time classic, this time a collaboration with Kaskade.
Raise Your Weapon

Kaskade
4 AM
Angel On My Shoulder
Eyes
Llove. No, that is not a spelling error.
His entire Fire & Ice album is pretty solid.

Gareth Emery
Concrete Angel
Sanctuary
Tokyo. This track is...not exactly trance. I'm not sure what it is really, but it's incredible.
The Saga
DUI. Stands for "Dancing Under the Influence."
Oceanlab - Lonely Girl (Gareth Emery Remix)

Armin van Buuren
J'ai Envie De Toi
This Is What It Feels Like
In And Out Of Love. This is a trance classic.
Armin has way more tracks than I can realistically list, pretty much all of them good.

Markus Schulz
Nothing Without Me
Love Rain Down
The New World

Dash Berlin
Apollo Road. The epitome of Dash Berlin and ATB's music careers, and one of my all-time favorite trance songs. Hearing this at EDC Vegas under the open night sky with thousands of other ravers around and fireworks going off overhead is one of the most memorable moments of my life.
Disarm Yourself
Waiting
Better Half Of Me. Ignore the extremely cheesy video. The actual song starts at around 2:17 into the video.
Man On The Run

Orjan Nilsen
Nocturnal. I could listen to this song for days.
Amsterdam. This track is basically played at every trance festival.
So Long Radio

Arty
Mozart. Eminently danceable song with a fun video to boot.
Must Be The Love
Kate. I played the crap out of this song in 2012. This song straddles the line between trance and progressive house. Some people call this genre "trouse."

W&W
Lift Off
Summer
Shotgun

Other
Djuma Soundsystem - Les Djinns (Trentemoller Remix). Not technically trance but one of my all-time favorite tracks. I don't think I've heard any electronic song that incorporates the qanun, which gives it an ethereal Oriental feel.
Signalrunners - Meet Me In Montauk
BT - Skylarking. This is one of my current favorites.
Tritonal Vs. Super 8 & Tab - Arc
ATB - Marrakech
Mike Foyle vs Signalrunners - Love Theme Dusk (Mike's Broken Record Mix). Hauntingly beautiful piano breakdown starts at around 2:45. Amazing chillout track.
Ashley Wallbridge - Zorro. Despite the name, Ashley is actually a dude.
Andain - Promises (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Mix)

OLBwlDo.gif

Rock on bitches.

Im putting all of this into a Spotify playlist. Thanks!!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Is that the one that's listed down the page as Cirez D? Because I'm not a fan of Prydz but his Cirez D shit is almost always the shit. If it's Cirez, any chance you could rehost it to Zippy or Mediafile so I can grab it? SC am blocked at work :/

Always loved this little mashup that used one of his tracks.

I unfortunately have been unable to find his Cirez D set from Ultra. He played two sets, one on Friday as Pryda and one on Saturday as Cirez D. Since his Cirez D set wasn't broadcast live we haven't been able to find an upload of it. I'm still bitter about that.

lush

Mount Kimbie’s new album, Cold Spring Fault Less Youth, will be released May 28th on Warp Records.

01. Home Recording
02. You Took Your Time (feat. King Krule)
03. Break Well
04. Blood and Form
05. Made To Stray
06. So Many Times, So Many Ways
07. Lie Near
08. Meter, Pale, Tone (feat. King Krule)
09. Slow
10. Sullen Ground
11. Fall Out

"Made To Stray"

joelseph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMU2gYK2A2o

Jimmy Ritz upload from 2009

"This is a live jam through the notes of amazing "somewhat you need" by Italcimenti. My computer controls all the sequencies, the bass is from my Minimoog Voyager, the lead melody and the noises are from my Roland Juno 60. The drums 808 style from Logic Studio's Ultrabeat, I play live also a little part on a Boss Dr 220 E, that I normally use to trigger my Roland Juno 60 (having a lot of fun , too!). I've recorded video with a webcam, for the audio I've recorded live, and then I added some additional sequence like some sweps noises made with Juno 60 and some percussions from the Dr 220E."

Top Bottom