• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

gdt

Just started to get into the genre thanks to iTunes Radio. Toro y Moi, Neon Indian, and Crystal Castles are definitely the shit. Active Child, too, if that counts.

M83,Grimes,Chvrches all would be up your alley. I think M83 is just okay though. Disclosure too. They are a great entry point into the more pure/underground...ier stuff.

miksushag

Oneman - Solitaire Vol. 2 (download in description)
https://soundcloud.com/djoneman99/oneman-solitaire-vol-2

Oneman's Solitaire mix series vol 2 released today!

Tracklist ::

Darq E Freaker - Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [Dun Know]
Paleman - The Day
DJ Smokey - Purple Durty Sprite
Loefah - Grand Master [Ruff Mix]
Lil Ugly Mane - Throw Dem Gunz
Eyedress - Lunallena
Derek Djons - You And Your Pals
Kelly Rowland - Dirty Laundry [Rabit Remix]
Lil Durk - Dis Ain't What U Want
Mumdance - Legion
Bok Bok & Tom Trago - Get Me What U Want
Tyree - Acid Over
Meli'sa Morgan - Do Me Baby
Paleman - Who This
Ciara - Ride [Marcx Remix]
Plasticman - The Search [Mak & Pasteman Remix]
Loefah - Champion
Lofty305 x Brtsh Knights - South Of The River
Jay Weed - Dazzled
Rich Homie Quan - Some Type Of Way
Alex Deamonds - Air Max 97
Luke Vibert - London
Rabit - Yellow Haze
Beyonce - Naughty Girl [Brenmar & Finesse Remix]
Twwth - Thousand Million
King Los - Like Me [Dj Tiga x Tim Dolla x Brenmar Club Edit]
Denzel Curry - Talk That Shit
Eyedress - No Competition
Lil Ugly Mane - Serious Shit
Parris - Cold Nights
Jeremih - Ex-To-See
Lofty305 - Expensive Nut Bussa
Denel Curry ft. Nell - Tales From The Darkside
Fatima Al-Qadiri - Knight Fare
Wiley - And Again
The Phantom - Earth Beat
Danny Brown - DIP
Surkin - Oedo 606 [Sam Tiba Remix]
Drake - Futhest Thing
Mount Kimbie ft. King Krule - You Took Your Time [Oneman Remix ft. Jeremiah Jae]
Riabit - Send

edit:

Citizen + Ashworth - Situation Ft. Shona Carmen
https://soundcloud.com/citizencitizen/citizen-ashworth-situation-ft

Dreaver

I was listening to the new Camo & Krooked Zeistgeist album (which is fun btw), most of the stuff is drum and bass, but when I heard this song I thought I accidentally switched to a different artist, however I was wrong. It's a disco-y song which is quite cool. Nothing too special but it's so different to the rest of the album.

Camo & Krooked - Loving You is Easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ktB_2gmaY

Iacobellis

M83,Grimes,Chvrches all would be up your alley. I think M83 is just okay though. Disclosure too. They are a great entry point into the more pure/underground...ier stuff.

Thanks! I've heard some songs from M83, Grimes, and Disclosure. Latch is a pretty good track, in my opinion.

Flume is awesome and so is White Hinterland.

okno

Hi guys. Just got back from a week long cruise, weird being back. Found this on my SC feed and think y'all will get a kick out of it. For those who like some disco/R&B diva funk in their lives: Amalia x ONRA - Lovestruck Four tracks up for grabs, worth your time me thinks.

edit: I spoke too soon. Only "Lovestruck" is worth anyone's time.

miksushag

Hi guys. Just got back from a week long cruise, weird being back. Found this on my SC feed and think y'all will get a kick out of it. For those who like some disco/R&B diva funk in their lives: Amalia x ONRA - Lovestruck Four tracks up for grabs, worth your time me thinks.

edit: I spoke too soon. Only "Lovestruck" is worth anyone's time.

Love Onra. His 'Long Distance' lp and 'Deep In The Night' ep are the two I'd recommend people getting. Really fun stuff.

edit: Seems like a few other fellow neogaffers are aswell taking some time off! I'm missing lush's lighting fast links to this thread and shaneus jizzing over lntg.

karasu

I just saw a video for a song called Levels. I'm interested in this. It's been a long time since I've had any new music.

Shaneus

I just saw a video for a song called Levels. I'm interested in this. It's been a long time since I've had any new music.
Any specific genres that you like (or are even aware of)? Even if you drop some tips about what you listen to outside of "dance" or "electronic music", we could probably suggest some stuff to get your toes wet :)

Shaneus

This is glorious in so many ways.
:D

I'm hanging to see that documentary. It supposedly not only follows these artists (of which I'm only familiar with the Wighnomy Bros. work) but their passion and the sacrifices they make in following their calling. Bugger it, rather than look for a ripped copy I might just buy it on iTunes... it's only $10US on the US store (no idea what that translates to here, but shouldn't be more than $15AU).

But I love finding random Robag/Wighnomy stuff. It's all so goddamn good, and timeless. I don't think I've heard a single song of theirs that I could easily place a year on post-2000 (when styles and production techniques from year-to-year had such a distinct sound).

Damn straight.

bowery

PS. Christ almighty. Where's my K/amyl/MD?

this is great

gesafelsteins i love techno 2013 compilation is out

01. Creepy Autograph - Back Ally
02. Red Axes feat. Abrão - Caminho De Dreyfus (Rebolledo Remix)
03. Djedjotronic - Abysall Zone
04. Daniel Avery - Reception
05. Maelstrom - The Line
06. Boys Noize - Inhale / Exhale
07. Brodinski feat. Theophilus London - Gimme Back The Night (Club Version)
08. Jimmy Edgar - Strike
09. Jeremy Greenspan & Borys - God Told Me To
10. The Hacker - Pure Energy
11. Bobmo - Hot Spot
12. Adam X - Farebeat
13. MPIA3 - Your Orders
14. I-F feat. Helga La Blaque - Playstation #2
15. Luke Eargoggle & Johan Inkinen - Empaty Window
16. Gesaffelstein - Pursuit

also yolo bear and brenmar are playing in nyc the 25th......so tempting

Fjordson

Most people in here have probably already heard it, but the new Ryan Hemsworth album is up for streaming on Pitchfork. Sounds good.

Shaneus

this is great
Know what's fucking rad about it? I was going by the YT upload date and figured "Yeah, 2009 sounds about right".

WRONG

Holy fucking shit, there's no fucking way that sounds like an 9 year old track. For comparison:
Alter Ego - Rocker
Ethan - In My Heart
Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme

All stellar tracks in their own right... but I think my head would've exploded if I'd heard anything by Wighnomy Bros. around that time. Those crazy fucking future time travelling men, doing my head in.

I mean, I'm sure there were other acts around doing similarly head-fuckingly good stuff (like this, another track that blows my mind, but does show it's age a little compared to Pele Bloss) but man... fuck. Ungh.

miksushag

Ahh shapeshifters - lola's theme. I'm sure you've heard about the NRJ radio station? You know, the crappy pop radio. They were playing Lola's Theme a lot during last years summer and were marketing it as the 2012 summer song, oh god.

Shaneus

Ahh shapeshifters - lola's theme. I'm sure you've heard about the NRJ radio station? You know, the crappy pop radio. They were playing Lola's Theme a lot during last years summer and were marketing it as the 2012 summer song, oh god.
I think there was a remake or 2013 version maybe?
But for a second I thought you were talking about that pop station on GTA5. Which just happens to have surprised the hell out of me with how good (and unusual) some of the picks are:
Kelly Rowland - Work (Freemasons Club mix) (obviously radio edit in the game)
N-Joi - Anthem (massive fucking surprise here)
Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (it's an obvious choice, but surprising because why would they?)
Modjo - Lady

and what surprises me even more, is that there's evidence there were even more songs to be included but were cut, including:
Jamiroquai - Love Foolosophy (2002)
Moloko - The Time Is Now (2000)
Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground (1996)
The Supermen Lovers - Starlight (2001)

Diverse as hell, whoever did the track selection for the entire radio station truly knows their shit.

Edit: Listening to it again now, I forgot how unreal that Kelly Rowland track was. Freemasons on top of their game with that fucker. Not a fan of the 3 minute intro or outro though :/

ChryZ

Alden Tyrell posted this yesterday

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...84750.272025369474144&type=1&relevant_count=1

28bWfqr.jpg

He's the dude who remastered Drexciya's Journey Of The Deep Sea Dweller re-release series

http://www.junodownload.com/plus/2012/07/11/alden-tyrell-remastering-the-masters/

Fko4mD3.jpg

Hopefully this is a sign of Dweller IV

gdt

As someone who is very meh on most of Maya Jane Coles' output....her album, Comfort, is pretty damn good. I'm shocked.

karasu

Any specific genres that you like (or are even aware of)? Even if you drop some tips about what you listen to outside of "dance" or "electronic music", we could probably suggest some stuff to get your toes wet :)

I don't know the first thing about electronic music. I generally only listen to classical, rock an old school hip-hop.

Top Bottom