• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Dreaver

Saw Skream, Ben Pearce, Ejeca, Pete Tong and Tensnake last night. Especiually Ben Pearce and Skream were really good, seeing Ben Pearce again in 2-3 weeks.

Going to see Goldfish and Sander Kleinenberg tonight.

Also can anyone id these two songs in this Skream set?
track 1
track 2

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
SEEING ERIC PRYDZ TONIGHT!!! So freaking psyched, been listening to nothing but Pryda/Cirez D for the past few weeks in anticipation. If his Roseland show last year is anything to go by, I am going to be in an awesomeness-induced coma by the end of tonight.

miksushag

Dreaver;86532274 Also can anyone id these two songs in this Skream set? [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K8kmlve0pNc#t=3360" said:

I'm assuming that those are 56mins and 69mins.
Skream - Sticky and Plezier - Plezier Anthem

Shaneus

SEEING ERIC PRYDZ TONIGHT!!! So freaking psyched, been listening to nothing but Pryda/Cirez D for the past few weeks in anticipation. If his Roseland show last year is anything to go by, I am going to be in an awesomeness-induced coma by the end of tonight.
Hope some of that Cirez D has been some of his old stuff as well:
A Bit Patchy (Prydz remix)*
Knockout
Frankfurt

*oh my god I love this song so goddamn much. Incredible production so many years later. First time I listened to it in years a month or two ago on good headphones, I was surprised at the quality.

miksushag

So, a mixtape of all J.Dilla samples :) Might not be for this thread but anyways, check it out if you like hiphop sampling art.

HouseShoes - King James Version
https://soundcloud.com/redef/king

This is a lovingly and expertly constructed journey through the building blocks of Dilla’s beats – the dusty OG vinyl grooves that he sampled. From the basis of a Frank-N-Dank cult favorite, through that of a Fantastic SV moment, to Donuts’ irresistible ingredients, Shoes’ thorough work shines the light on his friend’s ear for a sneaky loop, his affection for perfectly imperfect chops and his knack for extracting the soul from a forgotten musical fragment and making it something altogether new, something his own. Long Live King James" -Chairman Mao XXLMag/EgoTrip

Mixed and Arranged By HOUSE SHOES
Recorded By RHETTMATIC (Beat Junkies)
All Tracks Taken From Original Vinyl

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hope some of that Cirez D has been some of his old stuff as well:
A Bit Patchy (Prydz remix)*
Knockout
Frankfurt

*oh my god I love this song so goddamn much. Incredible production so many years later. First time I listened to it in years a month or two ago on good headphones, I was surprised at the quality.

Saw Prydz last night. Really great show but nowhere near his Roseland set from last year. That shit was just on another level, I doubt it's ever going to be matched.

He played a lot of his Cirez D, as well as a bunch of unreleased tracks. I found it touching that he closed the show with Leja, the song which is named after his daughter. The holograms were, to be honest, a little underwhelming. Still the energy of the crowd was great, and the music was phenomenal.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I need a new mix to bring to work. Disclosure's essential mix went over incredibly well with everyone (they loved Settle, too) and I've gotta find something on that level.

lush delivering once again

I need a new mix to bring to work. Disclosure's essential mix went over incredibly well with everyone (they loved Settle, too) and I've gotta find something on that level.

It's probably too different from what they're looking for but I just went back and listened to hemsworth's diplo & friends mix again and it's pretty dope

Mixes%201.jpg

And now I really want a copy of Nicolas Jaar's Crazy edit

miksushag

Shaneus

Matt Darey? WTF?

PS. You take that back. Carl Cox is still fucking godlike (and it's insane that he still makes that list, regardless of how much it's now just a popularity contest and nothing to do with talent whatsoever).

PPS. LOL Daft Punk top DJs. Can't remember the last time I saw them do a DJ set.

PPPS. No Dimitri from Paris, Greg Wilson or LNTG. Fuckin' 'ell.

PPPPS.
GcPQp4b.jpg

"Pleasekraft". Top work, fuckheads.

miksushag

Matt Darey? WTF?

PS. You take that back. Carl Cox is still fucking godlike (and it's insane that he still makes that list, regardless of how much it's now just a popularity contest and nothing to do with talent whatsoever).

Oops, carl cox of course.

edit: yeah, that djmag top list is essentially a popularity list. Just look at Martin Garrix sitting at #40 just because he made that 'Animals' tune. Kinda weird how everyone always says that trance isn't anymore relevant yet I see so many melodic trance djs/producers in that list.

Madeon is also one of the dudes that actually know what they are doing, the guy has a unique sound to say the least. Contrasted by these 'Blasterjaxx', 'D-Block & S-te-Fan', 'Wasted Penguinz', 'Da Tweekaz'.. I mean I can tell by their artist name alone that they are total garbage.

lush

Resident Advisor Podcast 386: Machinedrum
Machinedrum - Rise N Fall
Machinedrum - The Palace
Machinedrum - Show Ur Love
Future Sound of London - Ill Flower (Machinedrum Remix)
Machinedrum - Knowfuture
Skeptical - Eyes Down
Om Unit - Deep Sea Pyramid
System - Sound Man
Tek 9 - Spring
Rob & Goldie - Shadow
Dwarde - Algid
Tessela - Hackney Parrot (Sam Binga Crackney Parrot Refix)
Ital Tek - BB
Jon Convex - With You (Kid Drama's Autonomic Mix)
Instra:mental & dBridge - White Snares
Naibu - Just Like You (Fracture's Astrophonica Remix)
AMIT - Human Warfare (Machinedrum Remix)
FIS - Love Drama Stress (Machinedrum Edit)
Machinedrum - Overtime

Mak & Pasteman - Untitled
Isaac Tichauer - I'll Let You Go
Katy B - 5 AM (Route 94 Remix)
Jamie Lidell - What A Shame (S-Type Remix)
Lianne La Havas - Elusive (S-Type Remix)

//

SpaceGhostPurrp - Petro

dude needs to produce more

Servbot24

Banned
laurel halo chance of rain 320

it's good

i miss her voice though

not that hers was anything special, but the fact that she sonically pulled and grated against the fabrics of her own music was so great to have in this terrible day and age of grimes/bon-iver-lite guest vocals

miksushag

Pusha-T - Trouble On My Mind Ft Tyler (Rustie Remix)
download here: http://rustie.net/
https://soundcloud.com/rustie/trouble

Remix commissioned as part of a lost remix project: 'Lucky-T',
a collab between LM and Decon Records for Pusha's Wrath Of God EP.
Rustie, S-Type, Machinedrum, Lunice & Hud Mo all featured. It never surfaced.

edit:
i-D online - Exclusive Mix: Brenmar

https://soundcloud.com/i-d-online-1/i-dj-brenmar
1. Brenmar - C Dat Ass Intro
2. Rico Love - To My Ex
3. Matic808 & Brenmar - High Art
4. Paul Marmota - Colapso
5. Dat Oven - Icy Lake (L-Vis 1990 Remix)
6. Durban - FYRE
7. Jordan Hollywood - 10 Shots feat. Yo Gotti x Jam City (B Blend)
8. Dubbel Dutch - Look Back (VIP)
9. Dj Chose - Is That Pussy Mine (Brenmar Club Edit)
10. Frequency - I Am Ready
11. Teedra Moses - Just Wanna Be Your Girl (Mike Gip & Fiinesse Remix)
12. Beyonce - Naughty Girl (Brenmar & Fiinesse Remix)
13. Kelela - Enemy
14. Sean Garret - Twilight Zone feat. Future & Trey Songz
15. Kayy Drizz "The Club Princess" - Shake Dat Donk
16. King Los - Like Me (Dj Tiga x Tim Dolla x Brenmar Club Edit)
17. Dj Deeon x NA - Bang Ski Flute (B Blend)
18. Brenmar - Like A Hoe feat. Doley Bernays, EMP DASME, Junglepussy
19. Ian Isiah - Sweat (Produced By Brenmar)
20. Brenmar - Trouble Girl feat. Ziggy The Zombie
21. Tory Lanez - Know Whats Up feat. Kirko Bangz
22. Rome Fortune - Bitches On The Track

Having to recover my OS means I didnt get to record a mix tonight :(

Rediscovered loads of tunes like Storm Queens- it goes on that have been buried in my HDD though so not all bad.

ChryZ

Alden Tyrell posted this yesterday

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...84750.272025369474144&type=1&relevant_count=1

28bWfqr.jpg

He's the dude who remastered Drexciya's Journey Of The Deep Sea Dweller re-release series

http://www.junodownload.com/plus/2012/07/11/alden-tyrell-remastering-the-masters/

Fko4mD3.jpg

Hopefully this is a sign of Dweller IV
... so yeah, it was a sign

Drexciya - Unknown Journey IX, previously unreleased track

https://soundcloud.com/clone-nl/drexciya-unkown-journey-ix

(Taken from Journey of the Deep Sea Dweller IV, Clone Classic Cuts 025)

Top Bottom