• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

gdt

Mannnnnnnnnnn the new Bicep EP sounds fanfuckingtastic. They've finished building their own studio so they promise music will come more frequently. Can't wait.

okno

You can talk to us through your music!
(does that site record it for later listening a la Twitch?)

I dont think so. whats great about it is that it scans the track you're playing and keeps a running tracklist! I had to stop for tonight, because I was having mixer problems. Will do it again tomorrow, about the same time.

http://www.spf420.com/ will be streaming through TinyChat today these artists playing live:
Window / Rook Milo / Alizzz / Bo En / Yung Sherman / Ryan Hemsworth

Ryan comes on at 1am EST.
They've started already, and as of this post Rook Milo has already gone and Window is on now.

edit:
Ryan's set is on youtube here

Shaneus

I dont think so. whats great about it is that it scans the track you're playing and keeps a running tracklist! I had to stop for tonight, because I was having mixer problems. Will do it again tomorrow, about the same time.
Sweet, gimme the track list and I'll knock up a mix live that sounds way better than yours ;)

injurai

Banned
Hey guys. Long time no see! I just setup an account on BeatBravo to stream sets live: http://beatbravo.com/fruitpreservative/live# I'm at home, hungover, and playing some music if anyone is interested. Unfortunately, there's no chat on the page, but it'll do for now until I can configure my livestream page correctly.

Okno!!! Just got back myself. I wasn't lurking this thread too much I may need people to catch me up and the best releases.

do I describe this as bliss? It was bliss.

injurai

Banned
Klute - Birdland
UcsSBq2.jpg

This whole album is great. It's amazing were dnb is being pushed these days.

Stray - Matchsticks EP
Very Juke/Footwork inspired.

Kid Drama - In Mind EP
Pretty Much the forefront of dnb that isn't neurofunk right now.

Metome - Bshop's Ring Sun

HeartDrive - Aut0mated L0ve Kid Drama + dBridge project.

gdt

New Ejeca ep, Together.

New Dense and Pika, Colt (ep is good, song is fantastic)

Waze and Odyssey are so damn consistent. Don't Bring Me Down ep is sick.

New Diplo ep is ok.

Really digging the first Lazslo Dancehall ep too.

bowery

so much energy

fademix 004: NGUZUNGUZU

Logos- Seawolf (Keysound Recordings)
MikeQ- Pray to the Almighty Kelela (Fade to Mind)
NA / Massacooramaan- Venomous VS Xtreme (L-Vis 1990 Edit)
Neana - Bow Kat (8 Bar)
Nguzunguzu - Mecha (Fade to Mind)
Rizzla - Trina isn't Here For It
Massacooramaan - Dark Flow (NA Edit)
Mumdance & Logos - In Reverse PIV (Keysound)
Girl Unit - Code Switch (Georgia Girls Hollow Nose Edition)
Dj Juwan - OOP
Nguzunguzu- Break In (Fade to Mind)
Helix - Whoosh Rain Dispenser (TF Rain on Me Editorial)
Kingdom - Gwen Yummy
Bok Bok & Tom Trago - Hole Driller
Mike Q - Pumps Overdose
Tai Davis - Work That Muthafucker Remake
MA - Work Bitch Edit
Kelela - Enemy (MA Ironsoul Edit)
Kelela - Go All Night (Massacooramaan Edit)

Hell yeah. And thank golly for an actual download link in there, unlike so many other mixes these days. Ugh.

Nguz album is just about perfect, too. Just glad in general that this guy is making music.

Actually, Nguz is a duo consisting of one girl and one guy. I find it quite mesmerizing that a gal would be part of something that creates such weird, non-mainstream music.

I feel like I need to get on this. I havent yet out of lazyness, the absurd name and being hooked on listening to new dubstep mixes by Gantz

joelseph

Actually, Nguz is a duo consisting of one girl and one guy. I find it quite mesmerizing that a gal would be part of something that creates such weird, non-mainstream music.

Nguzunguzu has been killing it for years on the west coast Fade to Mind with Kingdom and Total Freedom. Go back a few years in this thread and you will find some amazing mixes of theirs from around when Crookers were big. They used to do amazing bedrooms streams in the middle of the afternoon that has the most amazing world beats and r&b edits. Love that crew.

HiResDes

This album is easily one of the most engrossing of the year, if you like darkness and minimal electronic I don't see how you can not love this:

injurai

Banned
This album is easily one of the most engrossing of the year, if you like darkness and minimal electronic I don't see how you can not love this:

I was listening in a noisy area, so disclaimer. The first song was rather bland, didn't do much. The second though was quite enjoyable and had some great work in it. Loved the guitar in the third song. Will have to give these a proper listen.

Not sure I would call it dark. Seems like one of the more light and feathery minimal songs. I enjoyed its use of more tradition instruments but giving them a light footprint.

Dreaver

Hi guys, a little bit off-topic but, does anyone know how this distorted voice effect is called and created? What kind of filters?

Destiny's Child - Say My Name (Cyril Hahn Remix)

I installed Logic two days ago, this is the result of the second evening messing around in it. Made the kickdrums and stuff myself. It's just a little bit of experimenting, nothing serious:

LINK

I would love to get into making house like Ejeca/Bicep/Route 94, but guess I gotta take so time to learn this more. Loving it though.

miksushag

Hi guys, a little bit off-topic but, does anyone know how this distorted voice effect is called and created? What kind of filters?

Destiny's Child - Say My Name (Cyril Hahn Remix)

I installed Logic two days ago, this is the result of the second evening messing around in it. Made the kickdrums and stuff myself. It's just a little bit of experimenting, nothing serious:

LINK

I would love to get into making house like Ejeca/Bicep/Route 94, but guess I gotta take so time to learn this more. Loving it though.

Well the original Say My Name is around 138bpm and that Cyril Hahn was around 120 I guess. So all there is going on is transposing the whole vocal down -12 semitones (a whole octave). The next step is eq it so it fits into the mix. Theres a bunch you can do to a vocal track to make it "grittier". Try different saturation plugins or distortion stuff through your send/return channels. Youtube and google is your friend on how to process vocals =)

edit: why the send/return? So you the original transients of the vocal track stays untouched and you can decide how much of it goes through the effect. So the result is the original vocal track with an added layer of effect vocal track instead of the whole vocal track being processed through an effect.

Dreaver

Saw Disclosure yesterday. Honestly it was a little bit disappointing. Their performance was pretty good (though I would have liked if they played some pre-Settle stuff) but it was way too crowded and the crowd was boring. They also didn't really interact that much with the audience. It still was a lot of fun and I can't complain for the price I paid.

miksushag

Saw Disclosure yesterday. Honestly it was a little bit disappointing. Their performance was pretty good (though I would have liked if they played some pre-Settle stuff) but it was way too crowded and the crowd was boring. They also didn't really interact that much with the audience. It still was a lot of fun and I can't complain for the price I paid.

Did my answer to your vocal production question help at all? =) I'm willing to answer more questions aswell, if you have any. Just pm me bro!

Beat me to it.

01 ?? - Who Run It (HudMo Edit)
02 Mammal X Chris Brown - Kiss Kiss (HudMo Edit)
03 Hell Interface X Usher X Midnight Star - Midas Girl (HudMo Edit)
04 RJD2 X Ciara - Go Longer (HudMo Edit)

Arf cannot access at work... Last time I saw the name Hell Interface (BoC) it was a on MASK compilation in the 90s (and it was a remix of Midas Touch), good to remember this :D

Top Bottom