• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Dreaver

For the one who was asking if he should go to Bonobo next week - I just came back from the show - so fuck yes. Really great show. A really nice mix of instruments, energetic and more slow songs.

Nyx

2sLt8dl.jpg

Made me laugh

Shaneus

JLC tomorrow night. Last time I saw him must've been close to 8 years ago, when he dropped this bomb to a festival crowd and one particularly maggotted Shaneus:
Mr. Ratty - Rat Decor
Man, I'd love a) to know who the hell did that remix, and b) for breaks to make some kind of a comeback, if only for old time's sake.

I saw him at Wharehouse project and his set was surprisingly good. Some of his stuff off the LP I would have thought woulldnt "work" out in a club but it did.

bowery

I'm finally seeing Ryan Hemsworth tommorow night. (w Trippy Turtle and Yung Lean (Oh boi)) Quite hyped.

Social club? Frequented there when I was in France this summer, great crowd not a lot of pretention, I just wish the sound system was better. Actually went to like a great run of shows within like 4 weeks I saw hemsworth, cashmere cat, brodinski, kaytranda the whole ed banger crew. good times

Edit: Fukin love the new Perseus song

Pacbois

Social club? Frequented there when I was in France this summer, great crowd not a lot of pretention, I just wish the sound system was better. Actually went to like a great run of shows within like 4 weeks I saw hemsworth, cashmere cat, brodinski, kaytranda the whole ed banger crew. good times

Edit: Fukin love the new Perseus song

Yep. I've just found out that a friend works for the club owners and can get me invites to a lot of parties. I guess I'll finally start clubbing more :D

Divius

- Shlohmo - Mix for Diplo & Friends WeDidIt Halloween Takeover [Soundcoud + DL / 45m]

Tracklist: said:
Dj Jayhood ft DJ Mike Gip - Show Me love (Jersey Club Remix) (Shlohmo Screw)
Vybz Cartel - Freaky Gal pt 3 (screw)
unidentified Umbrella trance remix (Screw)
CZ - honda civic (screw)
DJ Rashad - Let it Go (screw)
Distal - Temple People
Dj Irresistible - Whip My Hair jersey edit (screw)
1991 - Inside You (IVVVO remix)
Legowelt - Elementz of Houz Music (Actress Mix 1)
Snootie Wild - Yayo (screw)
Rocko - UOENO (Tommy Kruise screw)
Makaveli - Hail Mary (DJ Screw mix)
Cam'ron - Killa Cam intro (screw)
LBC - Reality (DJ Screw mix)
Big L - Enemy (Screw)
Dr. Octagon - Waiting List (instrumental) ((Screw))
Aegyokiller - Chum
Dabrye - Bloop (Screw)
DJ Screw - Call Me freestyle
Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (screw)
Toto - Africa (screw)

Shaneus

So, JLC fucking rocked it last night. Only seemed to play his tracks but this honestly made no difference, they all worked well for the crowd. I honestly loved that he didn't only play new tracks... not just the obvious (like his remix of Mr. Brightside and the near-identical What Else Is There?) but these (pardon the pun) gems (in part or in full):
Missy Elliott - Lose Control (JLC remix)
Zoot Woman - Gem (Paper Faces remix)
Zoot Woman - Grey Day (Paper Faces remix) *fair square lost my shit when he played this... in it's entirety, no less.
and I recall he finished off his set with these three:
The Killers - Mr. Brightside (TWD dub)
Felix da Housecat - Silver Screen Shower Scene (TWD remix)
Starsailor - Four to the Floor (Thin White Duck remix) *Keep in mind, this remix alone charted REALLY high in Australia. Possibly #1?

The set wasn't anything astounding, but I just loved how he delivered exactly what I was expecting, playing plenty of tracks from his new album as well (no PSB though, which I thought was a little odd). Wasn't a slouch in his mixing efforts as well, always mixing tracks or doing something on the decks and most notably, mixing out of tracks when a song didn't seem to be doing well.

Shame it only went for an hour and a half :/

A couple of new releases have piqued my interest.

First - Derek Carr's new album:

Souncloud snippets here. The engineers is a 9 minute slab of beautiful - soulful techno. The album is on Spotify for those with it.

Next up:

I was more than surprised to hear Convextion doing something different from his minimal/dub workings.

BeeDog

GODDAMNIT, the new Evian Christ tune really reminds me of some older tune, can't place the name of it and it's driving me crazy ARGH!

EDIT: hungover as fuuuuck, but NOW I recalled the track name, Objekt - Tinderbox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xozMkGpiPrM

Maybe not as similar as I initially recalled, but there's some small resemblance.

Shaneus

That's good! If I can make one critique of it, is that I find it far too compressed and "loud". IMO it would go a long way if everything was it's own volume rather than being as-loud-as-possible. Give every instrument it's own voice rather than having everything competing at the same volume, if you know what I mean.

This might not even be constructive or whatever, but I think there could be more to it than just being relentless :)

miksushag

RA 391 - Bok Bok
https://soundcloud.com/maxmuzik/resident-advisor-391-bok-bok

[00] Paul Hardcastle - King Tut [Profile]
[04] Xosar - Ghosthaus [Rush Hour - RH X1]
[06] Bok Bok & Tom Trago - Need This (12" Dub) [Night Voyage]
[??] Lamar - Guilty Pleasures [Aesthetic]
[15] Karizma - 2wice [R2 - CD 022D]
[19] Jam City - Worst Illusions X DJ Richard (Shade Of 77) [Night Slugs - White Material]
[23] It's Not Over We Hustle Harder - Brotherhood (Roland Street Mix) [Itsnotover]
[??] Deamonds - Through [East London Club Trax]
[??] Hysterics - Club Life [Night Slugs]
[??] Jam City - 500 Years (Georgia Girls Bootleg) [Night Slugs]
[??] Kay Drizz - Bang
[40] Imaabs - Pumps (MikeQ Remix) [Diamante]
[43] Georgia Girls - Baddest White
[??] SNH Foundation - Find A Way (Bok' Tool Mix)
[??] Bok & Trago - Pussy Trak [Night Voyage]
[??] Neana - Jawbreaker
[??] Helix - Untitled E-Mix
[??] Kay Drizz - Dip It Low
[??] Bok Bok & Tom Trago - Get Me What You Want [Night Voyage]
[66] Dreams - Gridbugs [Private Selection - PSAR 001]
[69] Neana - Dizzee Edit 2
[??] Deamonds - Chic [Night Slugs]
[??] Bok Bok & Sweyn Jupiter - Papaya Lip Gloss (Club Mix) [Night Slugs]

joelseph

KINGDOM MIX FOR B.TRAITS (RAW UNCUT VERSION) BBC NOV 2013

01. Common - Universal Mind Control (Instrumental) [Star Trak]
02. Slim Thug - Playa Don't You Know (Kingdom Edit) [Star Trak]
03. Mr. Vegas - Round of Applause (ft. Maestro) [Kirkledove]
04. Jennifer Lopez - Control Myself (Instrumental)
05. Divoli - S'vere - I'm Ckunt [Qweenbeat]
06. Gwen Stefani - Yummy (Kingdom Edit)
07. Neana - Recluse (Symmetry Mix)
08. Moleskin - Turnt On
09. Ciara - Backseat Love [Epic]
10. Kingdom - Bank Head feat. Kelela [Fade to Mind]
11. Nguzunguzu - Skycell [Fade to Mind]

Top Bottom