• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

My top 50 LPs/EPs of 2013, as posted in the other list thread. Only the top 5 are in any order, everything else is just random.

01 | John Roberts | Fences
02 | Autre Ne Veut | Anxiety
03 | Seams | Quarters
04 | Vuurwerk | Me + One
05 | Forest Swords | Engravings

06 | Moderat | II
07 | Demon Queen | Exorcize Tape
08 | Teams | OneWorld 開発
09 | Fulgeance | Cubes
10 | The Cyclist | Bones In Motion
11 | Palmbomen | Night Flight Europa
12 | Andre Bratten | Be A Man You Ant
13 | Emily Reo | Olive Juice
14 | Koreless | Yūgen
15 | Evenings | Yore
16 | Young Wonder | Show Your Teeth
18 | Guido | Moods Of Future Joy
19 | Road To Shaanxi | Revelation EP
20 | Forrests | Wilder
21 | Baio | Mira EP
22 | The Passenger | Negative Object
23 | BFlecha | ßeta
24 | Ssleeperhold | Ruleth
25 | múm | Smilewound
26 | vOPhoniQ | Cosmogonie
27 | Rival Consoles | Odyssey EP
28 | SCNTST | Self Therapy
29 | Bewilderbeast | Unreal Estate
30 | Locust | You'll Be Safe Forever
31 | Kixnare | Red
32 | Skin Town | The Room
33 | FaltyDL | Hardcourage
34 | Luke Wyatt | Teen Hawk
35 | Mister Lies | Mowgli
36 | Coma | In Technicolor
37 | Anna Meredith ‎| Jet Black Raider
38 | Deptford Goth | Life After Defo
39 | Majical Cloudz | Impersonator
40 | bEEdEEgEE | SUM/ONE
41 | Phaseone | If I Tell U
42 | LX Sweat | City Of Sweat
43 | Kit Grill | Expressions
44 | John Beltran | Amazing Things
45 | Cloud Boat | Book Of Hours
46 | Sega Bodega | 34 EP
47 | Kid606 | Happiness
48 | Kelpe | Fourth: The Golden Eagle
49 | Boom Bip & Charlie White | Music For Sleeping Children
50 | Jel | Late Pass

miksushag

Holy fuck is right. Is all Bicep stuff like that?

Thought everyone would know of Bicep by now in this thread hahah, They've had a pretty big 2013. Check them out, really fun guys, talk a lot of flexing your muscles and going to the gym etc lol.

http://www.feelmybicep.com

edit: Their Hot Tub Jamz vol I and II are awesome.

edit2: Good looking list interrobanger! I've been a little lazy as what comes to 2013 lps, been listening to crap like this too much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCW3RJNRIw

gdt

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2013/11/listen-nina-kravizs-mr-jones-ep-

Stream of the new super long Nina Kravitz EP. can't wait...hopefully its more consistent than her LP.

Don't tell me Bicep is another thing I should know, I felt bad enough about not knowing LNTG :(

Absolutely you should be into them. They ate getting better and better. Visions of Love EP is my second favorite release of last year. Great remixes too.

My thing with LNTG was pretty short-lived. I'm over it now, tbh.

I really like his music, but there's so much he'll never release officially -_-

gdt

Quick list off the top of my head. On my phone so i can't really skim through tracks, so I'm just going off what i remember from the titles.

Gonna Make This
Be Right There
Please Don't Dance
Please Don't Dance (Detroit Swindle remix)
Two Of Us
Need You 100% (Waze and Odyssey remix)
Stronger With You (Waze and Odyssey remix)

Edit: straight up, the Detroit swindle version is better. One of the best tracks of the year. DS had a FANTASTIC year. Break Up to Make Up ep will definitely land in my top ten releases. The Break Up is one of the best songs of the year.

edit 2: don't bring me down

miksushag

Nice nice man! Forgot all about detroit swindle, was sure there was a third one in addition to waze & odyssey and no artificial colours who had a big 2013, thanks for reminding me!

gdt

Nice nice man! Forgot all about detroit swindle, was sure there was a third one in addition to waze & odyssey and no artificial colours who had a big 2013, thanks for reminding me!

NAC other releases don't come near their last EP, Cryin Wolf. That ep is sick. Hopefully they've reached a new level..can't wait for another EP from them. Their remix for the Az & Tor ep is great.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...cJsDYIPgcRN65yYig&sig2=QfLSHhVnjmw8_10lI8R1mA

injurai

Banned
I always feel I am somehow missing something with some of the tastes in this thread. Help me love them. I see them left and right in here.

LNTG
Bicep
Scuba
Blawan
... probably something else

I think I'm so entrenched in broken/off-beat music that its hard for me to transition over. I love old ukg and deep house so I don't know why I can't jam to them. You guys need to start me off with their best bits or something.

gdt

I always feel I am somehow missing something with some of the tastes in this thread. Help me love them. I see them left and right in here.

LNTG
Bicep
Scuba
Blawan
... probably something else

I think I'm so entrenched in broken/off-beat music that its hard for me to transition over. I love old ukg and deep house so I don't know why I can't jam to them. You guys need to start me off with their best bits or something.

On my phone so links are a pain, just google the titles and that should lead you to the songs.

Scuba: adrenalin, Talk Torque, dsy chn, hardbody, loss (as scb), never, everywhere, if u want 2, July, tulips...mannnn, just all of the Adrenalin Ep and the Personality LP (favorite thing from 2012)

Bicep: visions of love, keep keep, getcha boi, $tripper, courtside drama, love come down

Blawan is going through a collab phase, where he hasn't put out any solo stuff in more than a year, still: why they hide their bodies in my garage, getting me down, what to do with what you have, bohla, breathe them knees in

LNTG isn't quite at that level for me imo: Reality, Not in love, one nite in a disco

Dreaver

Hey g̶d̶t̶ okno, I really enjoyed those jams yesterday, could you maybe post a tracklist of the tracks you played?

Dreaver

I gave the Jon Hopkins 'Immunity' album a listen today. I only knew a few songs before. But HOLY SHIT this is quality!
Haha, thanks Dreaver :) It was a blast! If anyone is curious, here's the set: http://mixlr.com/fruitpreservative/showreel/fruitpreservatives-mixlr-5/ Played for just over 2h15min, once I hit my groove I couldn't stop. I'll post the tracklist later tonight! At work right now and then have Thanksgiving dinner to attend to, but I'll upload it soon.

I'll give the rest of the set a listen later, I bookmarked it for now.

okno

I gave the Jon Hopkins 'Immunity' album a listen today. I only knew a few songs before. But HOLY SHIT this is quality!

I'll give the rest of the set a listen later, I bookmarked it for now.

Boom:
Perc - Choice (Perc Trax)
Omurah - Paranormal Symphony (Nu's Crook Mix) (Kindisch)
Linkwood - System (Prime Numbers)
K-S.H.E. - Double Secret (No-Parts Dub)
Alter/Jonsson - For You (Kontra Musik)
Herbert - Birds (Back to Basics)
DJ Sprinkles - Masturjakor (KiNK & Neville Watson Remix) (Mule Music)
Cliff Lothar - Ringleader (Viewlexx)
Auntie Flo - Sun Ritual (Neil Landstrumm Remix) (Kompakt)
Jovonn - I Can't Make Up My Mind (Clone Classic Cut)
Neville Watson - Against the Tide (Marquis Hawkes Remix) (Creme Organization)
Skudge - Mobius (Indigo Aera)
Peter van Hoesen - Dystopian Romance (Time to Express)
Marcel Fengler - Gridlock (Ostgut Ton)
Martyn - Horror Vacui (Brainfeeder)
October - Planet of Minds (TANSTAAFL)
Outart - En Vedi (Moon Harbour Recordings)
Roman Fluegel - Lovedancing (Live At Robert Johnson)
This Ain't Chicago - Ride the Rhythm (Acid Not Placid) (Strut)
Xosar - The Calling (Rush Hour)
Minilogue - Star Command (Traum)
Jeroen Search - Mobility (Delta Funktionen Remix) (Coincidence)
Jacek Sienkiewics - All Yours (Cocoon Recordings)
Commix - Strictly (Kassem Mosse "Needs to Feel" Edit) (Metalheadz)
Maurice Joshua - I Got A Big Dick (Trax Records)
Mickey Oliver - In-Ten-Si-T (Acca-Bass-Si_T 12" Remix) (Hot Mix 5 Records)
Axel Boman - No! No! No! No! (Studio Barnhus)
Herbert - Got to Be Movin' (On the Dancefloor) (Accidental)
Marcel Fengler - 6 In A Row (Ostgut Ton)
Trevino - Spin Away (3024)
Kaspar - So Right (Gerd's Old School Remix) (Clone Club Series)
Pawel - Crillon (Sistrum Remix) (Dial)
Matt John - Spacecaravan (Bar25)

That Hopkins album is pretty remarkable. I didn't expect to like it in the slightest, but it blew me away.

Divius

Don't you guys like James Holden - The Inheritors? :(

James_Holden_-_The_Inheritors.jpg

This is something I heard over the weekend and have been replaying loads today, its really fucking good imo

Its like The Streets meets Burial (I cant think of any other sound that my brain linked straight to upon hearing).
Like dark, moody, poetry. Its not really dance or anything but its Electronic and New so

Luke Benjamin on Rinse FM
5.28 pray for change is a personal favourite.

Top Bottom