• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

BeeDog

Ouff, two more days and the new Moderat album will be released, including the amazing-as-hell remix album:

Moderat - III (Bonus Tracks/Remixes)

Look at the tracklist, look at it. That Skee Mask Remix is absolute killer.

01: Eating Hooks (NGHT DRPS Remix)
02: Reminder (Hodge's More Amor Remix)
03: Eating Hooks (Siriusmo Remix)
04: Fondle
05: Ethereal (Benjamin Damage Remix)
06: Intruder (Skee Mask Remix)
07: Ethereal (More Ethereal)
08: Invaluable Waste From The Outlying Districts Pt. 01
09: Invaluable Waste From The Outlying Districts Pt. 02
10: Invaluable Waste From The Outlying Districts Pt. 03

okno

Andy Stott continues to break the mold in absolutely flawless manner: Butterflies, off Too Many Voices coming April 22nd. Stoked, to say the least. Kind of happy he's getting himself out of the grime muck that was so pervavise in his last three albums. I loved them all, but it got to be super same-y.

Andy Stott continues to break the mold in absolutely flawless manner: Butterflies, off Too Many Voices coming April 22nd. Stoked, to say the least. Kind of happy he's getting himself out of the grime muck that was so pervavise in his last three albums. I loved them all, but it got to be super same-y.

would prefer more Millie and Andrea tbh

I'm guessing this might be the best place to post this, but I'm hooked on Todd Terje's "Inspector Norse" and I don't know where to go from here. I love his disco sound and I'm wondering if there's anyone else doing stuff in the same vein as he is.

I guess I'd also introduce myself. I dig a lot of stuff along the electronic spectrum from Tim Hecker to Daft Punk to Four Tet,and recently it's been French House with SebastiAn and Cassius, but I'm always looking for recommendations for some good electronic music. I listened to the new Moderat album and I really liked it quite a bit. I'll have to listen to II and III a couple more times though to really "rank them."

Also, I'm headed to see Floating Points. Has anyone seen him before recently? I was a big fan of "Elaenia" and I think he's doing this with the band as well, so I'm hoping its good.

I've not heard (or been interested) in the new Moderat LP, but I've been reading lukewarm reception for it online.

I burnt out pretty quickly on II and was rather disappointed when III was announced. After seeing Modeselektor at Dekmantel I figured their next release would be pure Modeselektor

Fjordson

I'm guessing this might be the best place to post this, but I'm hooked on Todd Terje's "Inspector Norse" and I don't know where to go from here. I love his disco sound and I'm wondering if there's anyone else doing stuff in the same vein as he is.

I guess I'd also introduce myself. I dig a lot of stuff along the electronic spectrum from Tim Hecker to Daft Punk to Four Tet,and recently it's been French House with SebastiAn and Cassius, but I'm always looking for recommendations for some good electronic music. I listened to the new Moderat album and I really liked it quite a bit. I'll have to listen to II and III a couple more times though to really "rank them."

Also, I'm headed to see Floating Points. Has anyone seen him before recently? I was a big fan of "Elaenia" and I think he's doing this with the band as well, so I'm hoping its good.
Orbita by Kim & Buran http://www.nangrecords.com/nang149.php

I've been listening to this comp non-stop for the last week. Grabbed the vinyl EP version as well and there was a nice little hand-written note on the inside of the flap thanking me for support by name.

BeeDog

Goddamn, the new Andy Stott album 'Too Many Voices' is awesome. Very, very different from the previous ones but super-good; and I bet it'll be a grower too.

okno

this is one of the best tracks I've heard in a a while. Eduardo De la Calle has so many bombs. This is almost like two different tracks. I love it when tracks do that well.

Eduardo De La Calle - Untitled [A1] [EDITS002]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks0sRf4TAE4

One of my absolute favorite techno producers currently. Dude's output is so wide and inspired, every record is different.

Ps, are you going to be here for the Honco x Wrecked party next weekend?

Been living for this one since I got it last week: Richard Sen - Resistance Through Ritual (Space Dub)

Happy high holiday, y'all. Just spun for a few hours blazing, nothing better on such a gorgeous day.

You all should check out Floating Point's 2011 EP Shadows. The EP is really nice and completely different from the jazz-influenced Elaenia, though none of the tracks on the EP hit me in the same way that Silhouettes (I,II, and III) did.

You all should check out Floating Point's 2011 EP Shadows. The EP is really nice and completely different from the jazz-influenced Elaenia, though none of the tracks on the EP hit me in the same way that Silhouettes (I,II, and III) did.

Having not listened to Elaenia, I would go out on a limb and say it sounds less like all his other work than the other way around.

Myrtle Avenue IS Floating points imo

One of my absolute favorite techno producers currently. Dude's output is so wide and inspired, every record is different.

Ps, are you going to be here for the Honco x Wrecked party next weekend?

Been living for this one since I got it last week: Richard Sen - Resistance Through Ritual (Space Dub)

Happy high holiday, y'all. Just spun for a few hours blazing, nothing better on such a gorgeous day.
yeah me and aaron are playing

Top Bottom