• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

CoolOff

I wonder what's wrong with HNNY. Hope he gets better. Cancelling all shows indefinitely sounds serious.

ea55b8f0-1809-0132-0859-0eae5eefacd9.gif

Widge

Houndstooth have a massive sale on. I picked up a shit load of Call Super, Marquis Hawkes & Throwing Snow on 12" for £3 each.

BeeDog

Resident Advisor dropped this article this am. I am part of the Honcho party in Pittsburgh. Really wonderful interview

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2642

Really fascinating and well-written article. Just out of curiosity (since you're part of this), is it strictly gay people that organize these parties and events? How many hetero people, if any at all, are usually involved?

The reason I'm asking is that while it's quite obvious many gay organizers do it to share their love (electronic music) with the crowd they associate with, I wonder if there are (m)any hetero organizers who try to tap into the lucrative gay segment (no pun intended).

okno

Resident Advisor dropped this article this am. I am part of the Honcho party in Pittsburgh. Really wonderful interview

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2642

What a great article. Nice to see everyone getting the recognition they deserve. Being in NYC, I am seeing the difference. Fewer people are frequenting the circuit places as much, but it's still a strange duality. We still have a long way to go to be truly inclusive again, but I like where we're headed.

Need to make the pilgrimage to a Honcho and Men's Room party. Can't believe I never went to MR while I lived in Chicago.

Really fascinating and well-written article. Just out of curiosity (since you're part of this), is it strictly gay people that organize these parties and events? How many hetero people, if any at all, are usually involved?

The reason I'm asking is that while it's quite obvious many gay organizers do it to share their love (electronic music) with the crowd they associate with, I wonder if there are (m)any hetero organizers who try to tap into the lucrative gay segment (no pun intended).

I know most of the groups mentioned here personally and they are run by mostly al lgay organizers. There are definitely plenty of straight people that contribute and support though!

Widge

MOST PLEASED. I won £70 in Amazon voucher so managed to get a massive chunk of my target vinyl. DJ Richard, Bill Converse, Musik For Autobahns 2 and Gonno LP's all picked up.

Now I need Hunee's Hunch Music and the Zenker Brothers LPs and I'm there.

Oh, I noted the new Ondo Fudd on Trilogy Tapes. That will be quite desirable too.

okno

Thanks, Widge, for the tweet! Let's see if it did anything >:3

And John, wish I could take credit for the flyers, but that's all Halcyon's new branding, which is, like you said, pretty great.

Also, Hot Mass needs a new sound system: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-class-sound-for-hot-mass--2#/ The glory hole bit is pretty funny, and I'm kind of bummed I missed the opportunity. Still, I'm getting myself a t-shirt. Good luck, Testicular Sound Express!

And John, wish I could take credit for the flyers, but that's all Halcyon's new branding, which is, like you said, pretty great.

Also, Hot Mass needs a new sound system: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-class-sound-for-hot-mass--2#/ The glory hole bit is pretty funny, and I'm kind of bummed I missed the opportunity. Still, I'm getting myself a t-shirt. Good luck, Testicular Sound Express!
I want that shirt :eek:

Aw thanks man. Yeah the amount of generosity is kind of overwhelming. We are already over 50% of our $10,000 goal on the first day. We're kind of freaking out haha. Someone grabbed the 500 prize and someone else is about to donate $1000. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

On another note, I'm gearing up to open for Kingdom this weekend. Im excited to play a lot of bass music and other shit I don't normally play. I had forgotten how dope Cooly G was. Anyone have any recommendations on really good bass records that have come out over the last year or two? It's been fun digging, but some recommendations would be rad.

okno

Aw thanks man. Yeah the amount of generosity is kind of overwhelming. We are already over 50% of our $10,000 goal on the first day. We're kind of freaking out haha. Someone grabbed the 500 prize and someone else is about to donate $1000. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

When I saw you guys were doing this I had no doubt in my mind you would make your goal, but you're on track to make it before the weekend! Nice going :) Looking forward to coming down to check it out myself once it's up and running.

On a side note and not at all a stealth brag: got Richie Hawtin and Honey Dijon to both ask for track IDs from me on two separate occasions tonight.

Richie: Raw M.T. - Falling Into Nowhere
Honey: Benjamin Brunn - No Kicks (XDB Reshape) (put this specifically on for her when I noticed her in the shop)

Widge

Well RA just ran something on the sound system push.

On another note, I'm gearing up to open for Kingdom this weekend. Im excited to play a lot of bass music and other shit I don't normally play. I had forgotten how dope Cooly G was. Anyone have any recommendations on really good bass records that have come out over the last year or two? It's been fun digging, but some recommendations would be rad.

Could you be more specific haha

Man, I'm glad to see my hometown is getting a bit of a dance music scene. Much of my high school days were spent going down to Pegasus (old gay bar, now gone i think) and dancing with my friends because it was one of the few under 21 dance places in town. Getting free drinks as an underage kids (a straight one at that) was always a bonus. Most of my friends still living at home are indie/punk rockers and I'd love to check out a dance night next time i'm back for a visit in the burgh.

we will reach out to everyone for their size. they all come in black

Oh didn't notice someone from the crew was hanging here. Mad props!

Mall Grab - Can't

Can't wait to get my copy of this. Doesn't release until end of May, but oofta this is made for rooftop vibes.

Also, this: Acasual - Spring Theory (Luv Jam's Summer Re-nip). Also comes backed by a deep as fuck Move D remix.
both links are the same ;)

that mall grab track is sooooo good. I've had the digital version of it for a while if you want it. I plan on buying the record too.
I'd like to have that too if that's alright

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
OH MY FUCKING GOD

There's a new album by The Field coming out next week

How did I not know about this?! I just pre-ordered the LP like it was muscle memory

Widge

Yeah, I put Harpy Dance in for the IA Tracks Of 2015. Wasn't much Royal Oak last year but what there was hit the mark.

Rich vein in albums at the moment. Already have that Bill Converse - Meditations / Industry sitting upstairs in my stack, things like Sasha's Late Night Tales, Skree Mask, Trus'Me, LA-4A amassing and looking good on paper.

okno

Yeah, I put Harpy Dance in for the IA Tracks Of 2015. Wasn't much Royal Oak last year but what there was hit the mark.

Rich vein in albums at the moment. Already have that Bill Converse - Meditations / Industry sitting upstairs in my stack, things like Sasha's Late Night Tales, Skree Mask, Trus'Me, LA-4A amassing and looking good on paper.

Royal Oak has been a bit of a let down for me recently. I find most of the stuff to just be irritating, but maybe I haven't given it a good enough listen.

Picking these up tomorrow:
Hellen Mills - Stereomoon
Hellen Mills - Lavanda (when this one gets going, oof)
ASOK - Count Zero
T & P - Shoot the Freak
John Tejada & Tin Man - Diamond Lanes
Solpara - Vestibule (getting this exclusively for the A1 and remix)

untzuntzuntzuntz

Widge

Royal Oak has been a bit of a let down for me recently. I find most of the stuff to just be irritating, but maybe I haven't given it a good enough listen.

There just hasn't been much coming out on it. That Antenna and the SDC #3 release were great but that's all I noted.

Previous years have been absolutely ripe. Fire release after fire release.

OK, I've got some purchases queue'd up. Mostly pre-order:

Ondo Fudd - Blue Dots
Leon Vynehall - "new double 12 which isn't an album apparently" entire album link there!
Skee Mask - Shred
Fabio Monesi - Russian Torrent Version 14
KWC 92 - Untitled LIES LP

I would like to get Zenker Brothers and Hunee LP's on a catch up, plus all that other stuff I've been waffling on about. Rich on the album front already this year.

Top Bottom