• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

joelseph

Finckobot Pimp My Vibes Nov 11

Sepalcure - Pencil Pimp
Roska - Boxed In (Bok Bok Remix)
Starkey - Villagers
Clicks & Whitles - Raw Passion
Rizzla - Church
Dubbel Dutch - B Leave
Krampfhaft - Grind
Richelle - Somewhere Secret
Fatima Al Qadiri - Vatican Vibes
5kinAndBone5 - Stomp (Renaissance Man Rap Mix)
Vybz Kartel - Half On A Baby (Mosca Remix)
Manaré - Pearl (Marble Players Remix)
Conqueror - Highest Order
Eats Everything - The Size
Marcus Price & Carli - Flaska & Bas
Salva - Yellobone (LOL Boys Remix)
Kastle - So You
Lucid - Shh (Sam Tiba Remix)
GoldFFinch - Dirty Bird (Jay Week Remix)
Cooly G - Landscapes (feat. Simbad)

joelseph

Fuck yeah, I picked a great release day to go shopping. Got Goddard's Gabriel on a Grecco promo, got Eats Everything debut on Dirtybird and scooped Nico's Bluewave Edits. Good day!

Also on the Download tip I got the new Aquarious Heaven on Wolf, Modeselektors Monkeytown, and Sepalcure's Pencil Pimp.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Shaneus said:
Have a fill-in gig coming up this weekend for a little bar in my city, I hope to put together a cruisy, deep-housey mix in preparation for it and throw it up here soon.

This is just me making myself accountable ;)

I'm gonna hold you to this, you better not disappoint! ;)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
joelseph said:
Fuck yeah, I picked a great release day to go shopping. Got Goddard's Gabriel on a Grecco promo, got Eats Everything debut on Dirtybird and scooped Nico's Bluewave Edits. Good day!

Also on the Download tip I got the new Aquarious Heaven on Wolf, Modeselektors Monkeytown, and Sepalcure's Pencil Pimp.

Even though I'm not overly fond of Jaar's work, those Bluewave edits are pretty rad. Thanks for the heads-up.

Love love love that Goddard track, too. It's been a favorite for a while now.

Sweet got some tickets after they released a few more!
nmbrs-ba-special-announcment-141111-416x704.jpg

djtiesto

God, Lone is so amazing... can't decide who my breakout artist of the year is between him and Maceo Plex... guys, check out Moon Beam Harp - love the anime music video.

Chaplain

Above & Beyond's Anjunabeats Volume 9 was just released on Sunday. The whole album can be heard on Above & Beyond's sound cloud page.

http://soundcloud.com/anjunabeats/sets/anjunabeats-volume-9/

Disc 1

1. Above & Beyond "Tokyo"
2. Parker & Hanson "Afterthought"
3. Breakfast pres. Keyworth "Median"
4. Cramp "RU116"
5. Andrew Bayer & Matt Lange feat. Kerry Leva "In And Out Of Phase"
6. Oliver Smith "New Dawn"
7. Norin & Rad "Bloom"
8. Above & Beyond "Formula Rossa"
9. Maor Levi & Bluestone "On Our Own"
10. Genix "Higher State"
11. Oliver Smith "Symmetry"
12. Above & Beyond feat. Zoë Johnston "You Got To Go" (Kyau & Albert Remix)
13. Ost & Meyer "Britanica"
14. Oliver Smith "Progress"

Disc 2

1. Tate & Diamond feat. Nicolai "Electrified" (Mat Zo Electrofied Dub)
2. Mat Zo "Bipolar"
3. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford "Every Little Beat" (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Mix)
4. Jaytech "New Vibe"
5. Andrew Bayer feat. Molly Bancroft "Keep Your Secrets"
6. Arty "Kate"
7. Jaytech "Overdrive"
8. Super8 & Tab feat. Jan Burton "Slow To Learn" (Maor Levi Club Mix)
9. Nitrous Oxide "iPeople"
10. Mat Zo "Frequency Flyer"
11. Mat Zo & Arty "Mozart"
12. Cramp "Catch The Eye"
13. Sunny Lax "Contrast"
14. Mike Koglin vs. Genix "Dyno"

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
To those who've heard my album, what type of electronic music would you classify it as? I apologize for my lack of knowledge in this genre (it's endlessly vast), but I'm trying to send my album out to record labels and I'm not sure which one suits my style. If anyone could help out, I'd really appreciate it.

joelseph

AgentWhiskers said:
Ah, fuck it. I'll just spam-drop the album to any record label I find. Thanks anyway dudes.

I will give it another listen bro and give you my thoughts. A good place to start would be list some of your influences when creating the ablum. you can really sell it as anything you want as long as you believe it yourself.

joelseph

http://www.discobelle.net/2011/11/17/korallreven-ra-ra-rave-on/

Swedish dreamlike balearic duo Korallreven steps it up a notch with a ravey mixtape done for UK magazine Self Titled.

“At the moment we are listening to lots of UK rave from the early ’90s. So we simply tried to blend some of our favorites from that glorious era together with some of our favorite stuff from this year, like Zomby and Elite Gymnastics, which pretty much feels the same, right? So I guess that you can call it melancholic rave, or something. All just to show where we might be heading next.”

Tracklist after the jump.

1. Blanck Mass – Land Disasters
2. Zomby – Labyrinth
3. Future Sound of London – Papua New Guinea
4. Sabres of Paradise – Smokebelch II
5. Elite Gymnastics – Minneapolis Belongs to You
6. Opus III – It’s a Fine Day
7. Rhythm on the Loose – Break of Dawn
8. The Golden Girls – Kinetic (Orbital Remix)
9. Geiger – Good Evening (SuperMayer Remix)

http://soundcloud.com/selftitledmag/korallreven-ra-ra-rave-on

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
joelseph said:
I will give it another listen bro and give you my thoughts. A good place to start would be list some of your influences when creating the ablum. you can really sell it as anything you want as long as you believe it yourself.
Thanks man, I would really appreciate it. My main problem is that I'm entirely new to electronic music. I've been playing in Metal and Punk bands for the past ten years and only decided to branch out when I realized how awesome and mindblowingly fun electronic music is to write and listen to (I was messing around with GarageBand at the time). First album was very Radiohead influenced. But honestly I don't even know what influenced the second. I try to be as diverse and original with every track but then the genre gets a bit fuzzy and hard to classify (not that that's a bad thing but that's where I hope you can help). Thanks again!

joelseph

Good Peoples is proud to present the next mixtape in our series by our family, Nick Hook.

From his experiences signed to major labels with his band Men Women & Children, to his indie fame with his newest band Cubic Zirconia (Fools Gold), to his fame as an analog and uniquely original producer most recently recognized with an invitation to the 2011 Red Bull Music Academy, Nick is living proof that if you put 100% of yourself into who and what you love, it comes back to you in astounding ways.

It’s only appropriate that when on the road he was thinking of home, and made this mixtape in the spirit of friendship that is just too good for me to keep to myself.

enjoy xo
~ Queen Bee

“i always promised katie a mix tape… i just never knew when or where i would make it… i drank like 50 cups of coffee on a plane somewhere over canada and inspiration hit… this is a collection of some shit we’ve always connected on… and kinda reflects the ADD i have… hope you dig it.” ~ Nick Hook

TRACK LISTING:

flying lotus camel
gravediggaz 1800 suicide
dr. dre- a n***a witta gun
bjork- hunter
company flow- vital nerve (ft bms)
dj shadow- chageling- transmission 1
slum village- fall in love (prince klassen fantastic edit)
dam funk- i wanna thank you for stepping into my life)
roots manuver- witness dub
biggie- things done changed
boards of canada- music if math
danny brown- pac blood
hudson mohawke- all your love

UPCOMING NICK HOOK GIGS:
Madrid klubbers nov 18- w modeselektor, doc daneeka
Paris nov 30 social club- nextah international w bootyclap and top secret guests

640_420_3208-Joker20111-www.hhv-mag.com.jpg

Joker brings the bass to the Essential Mix!
Joker burst onto Bristol's dubstep scene in 2007, alongside artists like Pinch and Ginz. He runs the Kapsize label with Ginz and he's also released tracks on labels like Hyperdub and Tectonic. Joker's debut album was released on 4AD in October and features SBTRKT collaborator Jesse Ware.

☆ ☆ ☆ T R A C K L I S T I N G ☆ ☆ ☆
[i[00:00] 01. Essential Mix - Intro
[01:50] 02. Joker - Intro
[04:28] 03. Liam Petrelli - Old Era
[06:57] 04. Stinkahbell - Something In Your Eyes (Joker Special)
[09:29] 05. Benga vs. Joker feat. Buggsy & Shadz & Scarz & Double KHK-SP - Faithless vs. Back In The Days (Acapella)
[11:33] 06. Joker feat. Ghetts, Lil Nasty & Shadz - Back In The Days (No Hats No Hoods Remix)
[13:50] 07. Joker - Skitta
[16:48] 08. Joker & Ginz - Purple City
[19:05] 09. Joker - Milky Way
[21:36] 10. Joker - Saturn
[24:20] 11. Sam Frank - Simple Life
[26:38] 12. 2000F & J Kamata - You Don't Know What Love Is (Joker Special)
[28:42] 13. Joker feat. Sills - Here Come The Lights (Instrumental Mix)
[31:53] 14. Skream feat. Sam Frank - Anticipate
[35:05] 15. Gemmy - Tales Of The Deep
[37:22] 16. Skream feat. Trim - Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum
[39:12] 17. Joker - Tron
[41:29] 18. Redlight - ID
[42:52] 19. TC - Wait A Minute
[44:48] 20. Benga - Running
[46:52] 21. J@Kes - A Case Of The Bleeps
[49:50] 22. Joker & TC - It Ain't Got A Name
[51:40] 23. Joker feat. William Cartwright - On My Mind (Extended BBC Radio 1 Version)
[55:41] 24. Joker feat. William Cartwright - On My Mind (Rustie Remix)
[56:34] 25. Joker feat. William Cartwright - On My Mind (Goldie Remix)
[59:40] 26. Joker feat. Buggsy & Otis Brown - Lost
[61:57] 27. Joker - Trancey (Sherbet Face)
[65:36] 28. ID - ID
[66:31] 29. ID - ID
[68:35] 30. Joker - My Trance Girl
[71:46] 31. Cynthia Harrell - Snake Eater
[74:43] 32. Cynthia Harrell - Snake Eater (Joker Remix)
[77:26] 33. Benga - Acid Lie
[79:22] 34. Joker feat. Jay Wilcox - Electric Sea
[82:06] 35. ID - ID
[83:57] 36. The Others - Planet X
[87:46] 37. Zinc - Nexx
[89:02] 38. Rose Royce - Love Don't Live Here Anymore
[91:09] 39. Ish - Don't Stop
[92:30] 40. ID - ID
[95:13] 41. ID - ID
[97:48] 42. TC - Tap Ho
[98:33] 43. Die & Interface feat. William Cartwright - Bright Lights
[101:33] 44. Mort Garson - Music To Soothe The Savage Snake Plant
[104:44] 45. Joker - Level 6 (Interlude)
[108:39] 46. N.E.R.D. feat. Clipse - Loser
[110:43] 47. Snoop Dogg feat. Pharrell Williams - Let's get Blown
[113:26] 48. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Who Am I? (What's My Name?)
[116:43] 49. araabMUZIK - Underground Stream[/i]

Shaneus

It's coming up to Summer here in Australia and for some reason, this song popped into my head (at least, a part of it) and rather than having to dwell the fuck on it for hours before giving up, I managed to remember what it was! So, enjoy the fruits of this minor miracle :)
Leonid Rudenko - Summerfish

Is it wrong to buy a Vinyl for nothing more than mounting it on your wall? Thinking of picking up Discovery and maybe a few others and I dont even have a way to play them..

More specifically its the covers I want to frame as I like them!

daviyoung

Banned
If you're not going to listen to them, put them in an oven for a minute or so and mould them into something.

7" make great ashtrays. 12" make great bowls.

If you're not going to listen to them, put them in an oven for a minute or so and mould them into something.

7" make great ashtrays. 12" make great bowls.

I thought you might be taking the piss but you actually can! Its more I dont have a way to play them right now and wont have for awhile more than anything.

djtiesto

Can't wait, this Wednesday I will be going to an exclusive party to see the legendary Sasha (probably my second favorite all-time DJ, and along with Charlie May producer of my favorite EDM song of all time. I've heard very good things about this promo company, they "screen" people applying for tickets (by facebook stalking and stuff) and then offer the tickets on a one-by-one basis... This is to make sure there is no riff-raff/guidos/etc just hardcore EDM fans. I'll also be getting to see a fellow prog-fan girl I met at Electric Zoo a few years back so that should be cool.

Sasha has been playing a lot of deep/tech house recently (Maya Jane Coles, Vincenzo, Jamie Jones, Crosstown Rebels record label)which, although I love the music, I am still hoping he'll throw in a few proggier sounds.

Sasha10-199x300.jpg

Can't wait, this Wednesday I will be going to an exclusive party to see the legendary Sasha (probably my second favorite all-time DJ, and along with Charlie May producer of my favorite EDM song of all time. I've heard very good things about this promo company, they "screen" people applying for tickets (by facebook stalking and stuff) and then offer the tickets on a one-by-one basis... This is to make sure there is no riff-raff/guidos/etc just hardcore EDM fans. I'll also be getting to see a fellow prog-fan girl I met at Electric Zoo a few years back so that should be cool.

Sasha has been playing a lot of deep/tech house recently (Maya Jane Coles, Vincenzo, Jamie Jones, Crosstown Rebels record label)which, although I love the music, I am still hoping he'll throw in a few proggier sounds.

Sasha10-199x300.jpg

Nice! The guy I mentioned a fair while back who was into "progressive house" has actually ended up being an awesome guy to know, he would kill to go to this! Sasha is like his idol along with Hernan Cattaneo.

djtiesto

Desyn Masiello just uploaded one of his sets to his sound cloud page:

Desyn Masiello Live @ Robot Heart Burning Man 2011 Part 2

http://soundcloud.com/faciendo/fac-rad-009-desyn-masiello

I'm a huge Desyn fan so this should be interesting to hear.

It's coming up to Summer here in Australia and for some reason, this song popped into my head (at least, a part of it) and rather than having to dwell the fuck on it for hours before giving up, I managed to remember what it was! So, enjoy the fruits of this minor miracle :)
Leonid Rudenko - Summerfish

Great song, I remember hearing this a long time ago and then finding out it was gonna be on ISOS6.

Madeon is great. Anything similar (or similarly awesome) you guys could recommend me?

Mord Fustang is probably the first I'd recommend, also I'm sure you are familiar with Wolfgang Gartner by now?

Top Bottom