• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

joelseph

artworks-000013140863-h6gsos-original.jpg

BEKIKI - blk.adonis +rizzla -> PNP EP DWNLD AVAIL ;( ;( ;( (FREE)

What a fucking album and it is free.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Mord Fustang is probably the first I'd recommend, also I'm sure you are familiar with Wolfgang Gartner by now?
Not really. ._. I'm pretty new to electronic music even though i've dabbled in the genre for two albums so far. I'm starting to learn and appreciate it more and more though as it will very much affect my upcoming releases. Thanks!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
LUKE FAIR Live at Intimate and Underground:

intimate-and-underground-v10_cover-art_300.jpg

Part 1
Once the guests started to roll in, this how Luke began. It’s a flawless hour of
deep progressive house demonstrating Luke’s impeccable taste. After hearing this
you’ll start to realize why this party was so great.

Part 2

Luke’s still including a lot of deep selections in hour two, but the dance floor is quite
busy now, so you can hear him pick up the pace for stretches. There’s some disco-infused
stuff and it’s all super funky… the party has most definitely started!

Part 3

Luke’s our all-time favourite club DJ because he doesn’t need to switch genres to move
the room. All he has to do is add a little edge and drive to his funky progressive
and you have peak time. Hour three is INTIMATE & UNDERGROUND personified.
Part 4

This is where Luke begins to mix it up for the masses. There’s no doubt techno is popular
these days, but there’s few who can mix tech with house and spin it all progressively like
Luke so masterfully does in this hour. It’s time to bring some edge.

Part 5

We take pride in the I&U vibe being best at the end of the night… you can hear that in
this final hour. It’s starts with the peak time pace of Part 4, drives towards some epic
progressive selections and ends with some classic moments we’ll all never forget. This
party was incredible from beginning to end. Thanks Luke.

part 1:
1. Jeremy Glenn - New Life (Perseus 'Summer of 83' Remix)
2. Dubtribe Sound System - Do It Now (Extended Version)
3. Runaway - Indoor Pool (Slow Hands Half Full Remix)
4. Phonique feat. Ian Whitelaw - Our Time Our Chance
5. Vincenzo, Aram - The Backyard
6. Ian Pooley - So Good (Hanssen Remix)
7. Nhar - Innerplace
8. Phreek Plus One - Passion feat Mr White (DJ T Remix)
9. Flight Facilities feat Jess - Foreign Language (Will Saul & Tam Cooper Remix)
10. Darran Nugent & Pavel Lenchenko - How Can I (Phonogenic Disco Dub)
11. Autodeep - Colourful Loving (Daniel Solar & Andi De Luxe Remix)

Part 2:
12. Rodriguez Jr. Feat. Cari Golden - Music Dont Lie
13. ?
14. Daniel Bortz - Other Guys
15. Vincenzo - Where You Are
16. Shur-I-Kan - Life Live
17. Marius - Glow Of Filter & Dub
18. ?
19. Art of Tones - La Debandade
20. ?
21. ?
22. ?
23. Art of Tones - Too Much

Part 3:
23. Art of Tones - Too Much
24. Huxley - Take No More
25. Steve Mac - Mousique
26. Lovebirds - Want You In My Soul (Hot Toddy Remix)
27. Jozif - Jus You
28. Homework - Im Into This (Martin Dawson & Andre Crom Remix)
29. Freska - Honey From Within
30. Smash TV - World Wide Wet
31. ?
32. Uner & Coyu - She Was The First (Peter Horrevorts Remix)
33. DJ T. feat. Cari Golden - City Life (Maceo Plex Remix)
34. Hot Since 82 - Let It Ride
36. Wagon Cookin feat.Odille Lima - Music Is Not Far (Daniel Kyo Remix)
37. Consistent - Higher Feel

Part 4:
37. Consistent - Higher Feel
38. Lula Circus - Pumpin Moovin Groovin (Pezzner Remix)
39. Friendly Fires - Live Those Days Tonight (Catz 'n Dogz Remix)
40. Infusion - Love and Imitation (Peter Horrevorts Remix)
41. Je Davu - Disco 2 Disco
42. Raff 'N' Freddy - Listen (?? Remix)
43. Latenta Project - Rocket Launcher
44. Dosem - Esnite (Long Mix)
45. Scope - The Nerve Centre (Remix)
46. Dosem - Diagonal (Long Mix)
47. ?
48. ?
49. Maya Jane Coles, Edu Imbernon - You (Edu Imbernon Remix)

Part 5:
49. Maya Jane Coles, Edu Imbernon - You (Edu Imbernon Remix)
50. Maceo Plex - Can't Leave You
52. Soffy O & Lexy - Chronicles (David August Remix)
53. Oliver Schories - Organ Freeway
56. Vincenzo - The Notebook
58. Romano Alfieri, Luca Bear - Leave The Valley
59. Agent 001 - Bubble Bath (Omid 16B Remix)
60. Martin Brodin & Dumb Dan - Gamma Ray (Balearic Version)
61. Crazy P - Open For Service (Ron Basejam Remix)

Any of you know where I can find any of this on vinyl? its driving me crazy!

1. Lanny May - All Things Are One Thing
2. Gui Boratto - Flying Practice
3. Osunlade - Envision (Dixon Version)

1. Tom Glass - She Shines
2. Alan Fitzpatrick - Reflections
3. Lindstrom - I Feel Space

Divius

I saw James Blake live yesterday in Amsterdam. I just, wow. Damn. Great performance, great public. Was standing front and center and holy shit that bass was insane.

Not really. ._. I'm pretty new to electronic music even though i've dabbled in the genre for two albums so far. I'm starting to learn and appreciate it more and more though as it will very much affect my upcoming releases. Thanks!
What kind of electronic music are you into? It's a fun genre to explore because it's so varied. Especially the more "experimental" stuff.

Where they giving away any free vinyl or download codes that you would like to share?! ;) ;)

I was just watching live and didnt see anything of the sort on offer. It was mostly russian spammers and people shouting "ID" or ripping into the people out of their minds on MD caught on camera :p

VariantX04

I just uploaded a new track called "Metamorphosis". I'd love to know what you guys think.

Spectacular Dr Dawg said:
What kind of electronic music are you into? It's a fun genre to explore because it's so varied. Especially the more "experimental" stuff.
It truly is varied to the nth degree. I've been getting into Madeon recently. I need more electronic music to listen to that's not my own *embarrassed*.

VariantX04

Hmmm... I'm not the best person to ask. It's not really my style of electronic music. It seems quite well made though.

Yeah I've been slaving away at it for a while. This is my first go at this type of electronic music. My style is typically more subdued and chill. I'm trying to broaden my horizons. Thanks for the impressions. :)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
GAF, I'm looking for some really chill, laid back, even spacey late-night driving music. Need to create a playlist for tonight. Post albums or tracks, whatever.

One of the greatest Jungle/Drum & Bass tracks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgDrr9fNA6U
Killer track! I've been getting more into Jungle and D&B lately. It's a genre I haven't really explored yet.

I just uploaded a new track called "Metamorphosis". I'd love to know what you guys think.

It truly is varied to the nth degree. I've been getting into Madeon recently. I need more electronic music to listen to that's not my own *embarrassed*.

I can give you some recommendations if you'd like. If you want more recommendations in a particular style just ask.

Is anyone here into Download? They're one of my favorite electronic artists.
Base Metal
Possession
Attalal
Sigesang
Bellshaw
Affirmed
The guide
Message from gort
You can get all their material + some material from their other projects through their own label.

Autechre
Clipper
Nuane

Gridlock
Return

Jeff Mills
The Bells
Phase 4

Aux88
Electro/Techno
Play It Loud

Skinny Puppy
Inquisition
Rivers

Model 500
What's The Game
No UFOs

Drexciya
Hydro Theory
Drexcyen Star Chamber

Scorn
Time Went Slow
Told You Can Tell

djtiesto

Any of you know where I can find any of this on vinyl? its driving me crazy!

1. Lanny May - All Things Are One Thing
2. Gui Boratto - Flying Practice
3. Osunlade - Envision (Dixon Version)

1. Tom Glass - She Shines
2. Alan Fitzpatrick - Reflections
3. Lindstrom - I Feel Space

Alan Fitzpatrick - Reflections you should be able to find on the Bedrock store - www.bedrock.co.uk , I have Envision and I Feel Space as MP3s if you want :p

Try decks.de , juno.co.uk or HardToFindRecords. I usually get my vinyl off the Discogs marketplace.

Shaneus

This has got to be one of the best, if not the best Prodigy tracks ever made. And it was made in 1991. There wasn't all that fancy equipment back then.

The Prodigy - Your Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_XU6UT5oL0&feature=related

And they made an equally brilliant remix of it in 92.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZH7_BWkqbc
I seriously adore the early Prodigy stuff, but I actually have a (perhaps controversial?) different idea of what their best track is:
Girls

So far ahead of it's time, just ridiculous.

Shaneus

TATW400, Beirut, Lebanon 26.11.11

Starting at 12pm pst:

409431.jpg

Winamp:
96k: http://www.di.fm/mp3/trance.pls
AAC+: http://www.di.fm/aacplus/trance.pls

Windows Media Player:
32k: http://www.di.fm/wma/trance.asx

Set Times

US East (UK) CET
====== ===== =====
3:00PM (20:00) 21.00 - Jaytech
4:30PM (21:30) 22.30 - Kyau & Albert
6:00PM (23:00) 00.00 - Above & Beyond
8:00PM (01:00) 02.00 - Gareth Emery
9:30PM (02:30) 03.30 - Mat Zo
Looks like Stephen Merchant got himself a nice little side gig.

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah. The Prodigy have made an awful lot of really good tracks. I suppose people could all pick very different tracks as their best.

Shaneus

Oh yeah, definitely. I'd always wondered what would've happened if Howlett just branched off from the others., at least in terms of popularity. In regards to actual music, I guess Girls is the result of that! I can't really think of any other tracks (other than Omen) that were done (relatively) recently that stand out to me.

PS. I'm trying to be productive today (cleaning my flat) and need some good, preferably not current Essential Mixes to listen to. Any recommendations? Only reason I'm mentioning "not current" is because there's a fair chance it'd be more listening music than "getting shit done" music. Adam Freeland's 2003 was awesome, but I can't find where I saved it :(

Did The Prodigy do one, back in the day?

leadbelly

Banned
Oh yeah, definitely. I'd always wondered what would've happened if Howlett just branched off from the others., at least in terms of popularity. In regards to actual music, I guess Girls is the result of that! I can't really think of any other tracks (other than Omen) that were done (relatively) recently that stand out to me.

Yeah. There isn't anything of their new stuff that interests me.

leadbelly

Banned

PS. I'm trying to be productive today (cleaning my flat) and need some good, preferably not current Essential Mixes to listen to. Any recommendations? Only reason I'm mentioning "not current" is because there's a fair chance it'd be more listening music than "getting shit done" music. Adam Freeland's 2003 was awesome, but I can't find where I saved it :(

Did The Prodigy do one, back in the day?

The Prodigy have always been more like a Band that went on tour.

Ashhong

TATW400, Beirut, Lebanon 26.11.11

Starting at 12pm pst:

409431.jpg

Winamp:
96k: http://www.di.fm/mp3/trance.pls
AAC+: http://www.di.fm/aacplus/trance.pls

Windows Media Player:
32k: http://www.di.fm/wma/trance.asx

Set Times

US East (UK) CET
====== ===== =====
3:00PM (20:00) 21.00 - Jaytech
4:30PM (21:30) 22.30 - Kyau & Albert
6:00PM (23:00) 00.00 - Above & Beyond
8:00PM (01:00) 02.00 - Gareth Emery
9:30PM (02:30) 03.30 - Mat Zo

Nobody else appreciates trance in here :( Gareth is killing his set. Absolutely epic set.

leadbelly

Banned
Also, something of that period that really fucking annoys me when listening to those tapes is MCs. Some of them don't even have a clue what they are doing. I think it does add to the music in some way if the MC actually knows what he is doing, but if he is just shit it's like someone talking when you're watching a movie. lol

Ratpack for instance. The MC knew what he was doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wP33Bpx20&feature=related

Shaneus

I got through on a combination of 1997 Full Intention, 2005 Soulwax and 2005 Silicone Soul. The last was the only one that I could happily stick through for two hours without being either slightly annoyed, bored or agitated. Easily one of the best EMs I've heard.

Shaneus

Yeah, I really like em. Worst thing is though is I first heard of them through a mate when he had an instrumental (or dub?) of Feeling Blue, which is fucking impossible to find anywhere in digital form :/

Edit: Wait, looks like it's on Beatport. Must be a while since I last looked!

djtiesto

Get yourself to tranceaddict or trance.nu. Trance is nice and all, but it's not very popular here.

I've been a fairly regular poster on TA since 2002, and believe me, you don't want to go there if you're a trance fan :p

(it's great if you like prog or deep house though!!)

joelseph

Aeroplane November 2011 Mix

1. Quakers & Mormons - New York Town ( Xinobi Remix )
2. D Pulse - Velocity of Love ( Mario Basanov Remix )
3. The Players Union - Stiff Richard
4. Behling Simpson - Left Behind
5. Diatrix - Simple Man ( MANIK Retro Remix )
6. Nale Garcia - Detroit Love
7. Niki & The Dove - Mother Protect ( Goldroom Remix )
8. Startraxx - Step into my life ( Nu Disco Club Mix )
9. Metronomy - Everything goes my way ( Ewan Pearson Dub Mix )
10. The Glass - Washed Up ( Black Russian Remix )
11. L'equipe du Son - Lesson 1 ( Yasumo Remix )
12. Mellophonia - Lunar Landscapes

CSX

My friend been getting more and more obsessed with Mord. I really want Mord to make one terrible track just to see his reaction.

Before he left back for college, he asked if my current favorite track is a MF track. I told him my ringtone will always be my current favorite song.

*Phone rings playing Miami to Atlanta*

It's been my ringtone for 2 years :)

I will wait till the end of time for Eric Prydz to come to my city.

Are there any good remixes by Prydz? I dont focus on his remixes but i recently heard Circles and enjoyed it

I will wait till the end of time for Eric Prydz to come to my city.

Are there any good remixes by Prydz? I dont focus on his remixes but i recently heard Circles and enjoyed it

I quite like his remix of a faithless song, cant remember the name for the life of me though!

Top Bottom