• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

joelseph

Syracuse022 said:
Holy shit, this track is great, and it led me to their remix of Holy Other's Touch, which led me to a Holy Other remix of How To Dress Well's Suicide Dream 2. Afternoon made by these 3 songs. I love the cover art for the Supreme Cuts EP as well:
supreme-cuts-album-cover-trouble.jpg

I highly recommend picking it up on vinyl. Comes on a pink 10'' from Small Plates, with handwritten digital download code. Very nice package.

joelseph

DJ Rupture's show on WFMU from Oct. 10th hosted by VenusX of GG. She is so amazing.

2h2h6y9.jpg

"This trill cannot be duplicated says Venus X — and Drake retweets! — but it can be streamed. Last Monday’s radio show with special guest Venus X had the future turned up real high, just the way we like it. She did two fantastic, imaginative, busy-on-the-decks sets that put y’all lazy/conservative/chase-the-genre-of-the-minute DJs to shame. During the interview section we learned all about the American Gothic, Venus’s DJ roots,and lots more. "

Don't miss both mixes and interviews. Elevating the game.

joelseph

Why would they rage? I read it as a reflection on the scene turning back on itself. Away from digital controllers and back to strictly vinyl and CD.

Nyx

joelseph said:
Why would they rage? I read it as a reflection on the scene turning back on itself. Away from digital controllers and back to strictly vinyl and CD.

Because they think Hawtin ridiculed them for still mixing vinyl.

I'm not on FB myself, but saw this on another forum, and there they said it was a big rage after Hawtin's post. ;)

Shaneus

Nyx said:
I think it isn't a joke.

And all those raged vinyl DJs didn't think so either. ;-)
Maybe someone should tell Hawtin that putting "DJ" in quotation marks is a mistake, considering it stands for "disc jockey", something he hasn't used live for quite a while (from what I understand). Unless you count hard disks, of course.

I'd pay to see Hawtin and Vath have a fight, though. Vath is still spinning vinyl at festivals.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Free download codes for my new album "Stage 2: The Path Untaken". Tell me what you guys think!

a9sw-7hpr
8t4c-vjbd
6xs9-6wsj
ucqn-yxcy
vprx-uqdr

Redeem here.

Kraftwerk

Second code redeemed.

Will listen to it at work today and post impressions :)

MORTAL, PREPARE TO REVIEWED. MY REVIEWS ARE HARD AND TOUGH LIKE A GIGANTIC ERECT PHALLUS

:D

VariantX04

Three more download codes for you fine lot.

7wmg-c2uh
xs8y-wcmv
4qnn-hw88

I hope you guys can help me spread the word (assuming you like what you hear).

AgentWhiskers said:
What did you guys think of the album?
Listening now - I'm really enjoying it. It's making me feel extremely productive at work. Except for, you know, uh, stopping to post my thoughts on NeoGAF haha

VariantX04

Syracuse022 said:
Listening now - I'm really enjoying it. It's making me feel extremely productive at work. Except for, you know, uh, stopping to post my thoughts on NeoGAF haha
That's a good thing right? :p Thanks!

Top Bottom