• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

rikichi

going to get the jp LE of the game. looks fuckin sweet.

then ill just get the US copy of the game. US CE looks like a piece of shit.

great thread btw.

Red

I feel like I just stepped out of a time machine from some Paleozoic maelstrom after viewing the beginnings of life.

rikichi said:

great thread btw.

I like that USB drive. Why can't we get a cool USB drive instead of a crappy figure and necklace that no one would ever use?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I completely forgot about the amount of viruses floating in the wild. O_O Good stuff. Saves me time on having to revisit plot faqs for stuff I forgot.

cvxfreak

Strider2K99 said:
Awesome thread gents. Got my PS3 copy preordered.

What's included in the Biohazard 5 Deluxe Edition?

Soundtrack. :)

Added to relevant post. And thanks for the compliments, everyone. This thread took a lot of time to make.

And screw the person who tried to throw off the post order. :(

Haunted

Nice official thread. Short, concise, in order, with a cool banner to boot is what I thought upon entering.

Then I saw the 26-post index.

Oh well, can't hate on cvxfreak. :D

Wario64 said:
So, when does this game come out again?
subtle :lol

Wark

rikichi said:

great thread btw.

I would be getting the JP PS3 LE of the game, but I decided not to because the majority of my friends are getting the game for the 360. I'm still gonna get the U.S. collector's edition because I'm a sucker. I would attempt to get both if I had the cash to. :/

S1kkZ

awesome thread!
i have only one question: what can you unlock in this game? i have the feeling most of the stuff will be dlc (extra modes, costumes, weapons).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
S1kkZ said:
awesome thread!
i have only one question: what can you unlock in this game? i have the feeling most of the stuff will be dlc (extra modes, costumes, weapons).
confirmed
costumes, online co-op Mercenaries and weapons.

Rocksteady33

So even though Resident Evil 4 is probably one of my favorite games of all time... I haven't really kept up with the prerelease hype for this. I've heard co-op is a major role within the game though, and was wondering if the game will suck if you don't play it that way? I prefer single player games and can't stand playing games like this, or any kind of adventure game with another person. Am I still going to have a good time playing it alone and having the computer control the other girl character? Or is this more like Resident Evil Zero co-op (which completely blew ass)?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Rocksteady33 said:
So even though Resident Evil 4 is probably one of my favorite games of all time... I haven't really kept up with the prerelease hype for this. I've heard co-op is a major role within the game though, and was wondering if the game will suck if you don't play it that way? I prefer single player games and can't stand playing games like this, or any kind of adventure game with another person. Am I still going to have a good time playing it alone and having the computer control the other girl character? Or is this more like Resident Evil Zero co-op (which completely blew ass)?
You'll hear varying opinions from different people, but during the demo I had no issues with Sheva, and am going to be playing through the game the first time by myself. When Sheva is in "Cover Mode" (her default mode), she basically acts like Ashley did. She sticks behind you and keeps out of your way. The difference is that Sheva looks after herself when things get messy, and occasionally picks up some ammo/healing items for herself. You can give/take items from Sheva at any time. Sheva will also heal you/give you her ammo if you are running low on health/ammo.

She DOES NOT need baby-sitting, contrary to what some believe. It isn't a substitute for a real person, but still plays just fine.

You might disagree when you play, so if I were you I'd download the demo.

Now thats a fuckin OP. GJ guys.

The controls kinda bugged me but im saying fuck it and will buy this day one. Ill get use to them pretty quick.

Rocksteady33 said:

I had no problem with Sheva in the demo. There was even a set-piece where you split up and you have to cover her while she runs through a building. I screwed up and didn't find the right vantage point and she fended for herself a for a minute against a ton of zombies while I figured out where to go. She came out unscathed and we kicked some ass when we regrouped.

It's sort of annoying having to help her when she gets grabbed while you're together, but it's never a big deal, the time and space windows to save her are very generous.

Costanza

Banned
I'm not sure if I should just preorder this on Amazon with free release date delivery or wait and find out if my GS is doing a midnight launch. hmmmm

LaneDS

See said:
A wikipedia link would have sufficed ;) Good job!

Probably, but for whatever reason I just read the entire RE story write-up in this thread, which was an awesome refresher. Looking forward to the other two parts of Wesker's report.

Really fantastic thread, thanks for putting in all that effort you two. Here's hoping the game comes close to (or somehow exceeds) RE4's quality.

I'm looking forward to picking this up. The demo lessened my hype a lot but as a long-time fan of the series, I can't wait to find out what happens next.

xfactor

Banned
The "Introduction, Welcome Message, Thread Rules" link in the 2nd post is broken and Sergei didn't have an introduction section at all...

[Nintex]

Wow, 26 pages, that has got to be a new record.

We Europeans got the short end of the stick with the CE. On the other side, I'll soon be blessed with CAPGOD goodness once again after the incredible SFIV.

Capcom :bow

Ah, insanely long official threads. I appreciate the work, but I hope you keep the first post concisely updated with new information such as patch notes or news on DLC. Sometimes people make these things and never bother to add the info you actually might look for in the first post in the months after release.

You can add me to the list.
PSN: TelemachusD

Can anyone recommend a site for importing the e-Capcom Biohazard 5 Limited Edition into Europe? Play-Asia won't ship the PS3 version here.

Facism

Great OP, actually made me reconsider a purchase of RE5. It is, however, contingent on how well the ps3 version actually runs compared to the demo.

Surely someone who posts here has played a final version for review/PR purposes and could enlighten me on whether the framerate is any better in splitscreen than it was in the demo. I would appreciate it.

Again, great OP. Really got my hype flowing.

Volcynika

If not available closer to release, I might make the PSN version of the co-op thread in the online forum, so everyone that doesn't have a buddy to play with online can find people in their timezone and set up something so everyone has a chance with a gaffer to play if you don't have a buddy for co-op.

Great thread guys!

thaOwner

For a game that I've never given two shits about it, this thread is making me quiet excited. Will there be a PC version or something ?

Good job on the thread guys.

Wark

Neo-Sheperd said:
For a game that I've never given two shits about it, this thread is making me quiet excited. Will there be a PC version or something ?

Good job on the thread guys.

Most likely, but there is nothing official yet.

Top Bottom