• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jonsoncao

Banned
oh no, lol, sold out wat? :lol
so its actually limited but why didnt they mention earlier
IIRC, SF4 tournament ed uses sanwa buttons and stick, or just sanwa stick?

2DMention

Banned
I've all but abandoned fighters since 2002, but this game has me coming out of retirement!

Excited for this and DQV on my birthday!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jonsoncao said:
buttons and sticks. The sweetness!!!1

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Jonsoncao said:

I told everyone... EVERYONE.

You want one PREORDER one.

No one listens to MarkMan.

And it is ALL Sanwa, same as the official Street Fighter IV arcade machine.

Look up this thread for all the info you'll need on the sticks/pads.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162653

Ronabo

Yay! Awesome thread.

Woa a sticky too!

Best Buy says my TE stick ships on the 9th. Is that really gonna happen?

MThanded

What i said on the last page was that I got into the computer engineering PhD program at Carnegie Mellon. Was my first choice?

Does anyone know about the street fighter scene in pittsburgh. If there is any?

Game has me so hyped. I might pick up a normal stick too. Already got my 360 TE preordered and will use my vshg for my ps3.

vertopci

Is it just the TE edition that is sold out or the normal one too?

I assumed the normal ones would be readily available but the TE version was a limited run :(

vertopci

MThanded said:
What i said on the last page was that I got into the computer engineering PhD program at Carnegie Mellon. Was my first choice?

Does anyone know about the street fighter scene in pittsburgh. If there is any?

I don't know specifically about SF, but going by the Smash Bros Melee scene, there probably is a SF scene.

Most of the smashers meet up somewhere around Duquense university, so if you know someone there, you can ask them if they know anything about SF meetups.

And I'll be getting SF4 for ps3 so at least you can challenge me if you're desperate enough for a human player :lol

I'll probably suck ass at SF4

Teknoman

Snaku said:
Shit, super bowl distracted me...didn't even know the official thread had gone up....

Off topic: I thought the Cardinals would win after that touchdown run :lol

On topic: You should be able to find normal fight sticks...but dunno.

Really really hope Capcom has a solid online system for SFIV. If not, i'll never have a human opponent worthwhile.

MThanded

Now that I will be moving from MD to PA I will be far away from my friends. I am hoping and praying that online works well. Capcom please deliver.

MThanded

WasabiKing said:
This game will be the only game releasing in February to be stickied! Do not disappoint, SF fans!
If the hype thread is any indication this thread will be maxed out.

DoomGyver

WasabiKing said:
This game will be the only game releasing in February to be stickied! Do not disappoint, SF fans!
Yeah well, the Killzone thread won't need a sticky. That shits gonna be on the first page for weeks. ;)

MThanded

Full Recovery said:
Yeah well, the Killzone thread won't need a sticky. That shits gonna be on the first page for weeks. ;)
Nooo i have to preorder Killzone tommorow.

My bank account is getting crushed.

Darkman M

_dementia said:
Wall of shame for the hype thread:

2ebtx8i.png

BS im more hyped then you mofo's!:D

MThanded said:
Nooo i have to preorder Killzone tommorow.

My bank account is getting crushed.

It almost seems like all the games I want for the year are coming out within the next couple of months.

Enk

makes good threads.
Have the 360 version and the TE Joystick preorderer, but man I feel I'm going to have a hard time adjusting to this game after being in bed with HD Remix for so long. I hope I don't get too nitpicky with all the changes.

Teknoman

Enk said:
Have the 360 version and the TE Joystick preorderer, but man I feel I'm going to have a hard time adjusting to this game after being in bed with HD Remix for so long. I hope I don't get too nitpicky with all the changes.

Dont psych yourself out man, just picture the fight in your head.

WasabiKing said:

Awesome. :D

I preordered Killzone, but I have to admit that I am kind of relieved. The SDF Killzone threads have been ridiculous.

Guled

_dementia said:
So, by the end of March to you think this will have bested Capcom's 1.7 Million worldwide expectation?
I bet they double it. SC4 sold 2 million in a couple weeks, SF4 seems to have a ton more hype. That and the demand seems to have caught capcom by surprise, they were not expecting to sell out of the CE until a couple of weeks after launch, but it looks like it will be sold out a week before launch.
Kabuki Waq said:
but there is no way of pre ordering a specific PAD. You might get a character you didnt want.
just get to your store a couple of minuets before it opens

I am guessing half a million between the two versions for NA and 250k in Japan for February. Not sure how well it will do in Europe.

It will probably reach that estimate.

Kabuki Waq said:
but there is no way of pre ordering a specific PAD. You might get a character you didnt want.

Oh, shit.

keanerie

Characters section will definitely need Lil Shoto's guide to playing Chun...though I'm sure Haunts wouldn't forget that.

ALSO...this is super nit-picky, but since I'm guessing I'm going to be in this thread a lot, can someone with the power capitalize the "y" in "Saving your Focus" please?

GAFers who will be playing this on 360, add gamertag "GAF SFIV"
Right now it's at 77/100 slots filled.

From your Xbox 360 friends list, view GAF SFIV's profile, choose "personal profile" and then select "view friends". Now you have a list of GAF players you'll be able to join or challenge!
When the game is out, of course!

Additionally here is a link to jon bones' matchup thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349790

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
So, if one were wanting to stick a 360 or PS3 into an arcade cabinet to try and resemble an actual SFIV machine - which sticks are preferred, and which platform?

Captain N

I plan on picking up the Japanese version of this on the PS3 and might even pick it up the 360 version in America.

Anyone have the sales figures to the various home releases of Street Fighter III? It would be really interesting to see. Was it really that big of a failure commercially?

KingJ2002

The wait for this game in unbearable... i cant even bring myself to play any other xbox games because of my anticipation for SFIV.

stickied official thread... wow

Top Bottom